FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > All up for meeting then go cold

All up for meeting then go cold

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is it just me or do you find it highly annoying when people say they are up for a meet then go cold.

You chat wiv them for a while then exchange friends requests then nothing.

Even ignore your mail when ask is all ok???

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Annoying? No, I guess they either have things going on, lose their nerve or change their mind. It's the way of this kind of thing. Just focus on the ones who don't

By *ornwall-maleMan  over a year ago

newquay

yes had that already and even been blocked by them. some people dont make sense

"yes had that already and even been blocked by them. some people dont make sense "

They have probably noticed the Mrs Cornwall threads.

"yes had that already and even been blocked by them. some people dont make sense "

It's true, but then people are often illogical and don't make sense so expect it to happen over and over lol

Just been perving your arse by the way

By *ustyWoman  over a year ago

inverclyde

i have that as well was supposed to meet a guy l;ast week it never went ahead, supposed to be meeting tonight sent a text yesterday to find out we are meeting and no reply ......... so so keen to meet so he says lol

"i have that as well was supposed to meet a guy l;ast week it never went ahead, supposed to be meeting tonight sent a text yesterday to find out we are meeting and no reply ......... so so keen to meet so he says lol"

Lost nerve I reckon - lots of the old all mouth and no trousers on here lol

"i have that as well was supposed to meet a guy l;ast week it never went ahead, supposed to be meeting tonight sent a text yesterday to find out we are meeting and no reply ......... so so keen to meet so he says lol

Lost nerve I reckon - lots of the old all mouth and no trousers on here lol"

We meet folk.... all be it late and in shite pubs lol!! xx

I think a lot of people are putting their toe in the water on here and although keen to experience meets, when faced with the reality get cold feet. Don't think this type of person is necessarily being malicious.

I also think their are a number who have not portrayed a true picture of themselves, and the realisation of being found out on a meet hits home. Some may have just exagerated certain features (endowment, use of old pictures), whereas others have simply lied by maybe saying they are a couple when only a single etc.

I think it's just part of being on any type of introduction site. It will reflect a percentage of the insecure, the naive and the dishonest, just like in the wider society.

That said, some just simply change their mind.

"I think a lot of people are putting their toe in the water on here and although keen to experience meets, when faced with the reality get cold feet. Don't think this type of person is necessarily being malicious.

I also think their are a number who have not portrayed a true picture of themselves, and the realisation of being found out on a meet hits home. Some may have just exagerated certain features (endowment, use of old pictures), whereas others have simply lied by maybe saying they are a couple when only a single etc.

I think it's just part of being on any type of introduction site. It will reflect a percentage of the insecure, the naive and the dishonest, just like in the wider society.

That said, some just simply change their mind. "

This guy has it spot on...but I agree it is very annoying lol

"I think a lot of people are putting their toe in the water on here and although keen to experience meets, when faced with the reality get cold feet. Don't think this type of person is necessarily being malicious.

That said, some just simply change their mind. "

Couldn't agree more.

I think a lot of people like the idea of having casual sex with strangers, but the reality is often something different for some.

There are those that talk a good game, but when the reality of a meet is there: they become insecure and unsure.

I always have a social, no pressure meet in a public place so that the other person is relaxed and comfortable. Funny thing is I never get nervous or feel insecure because I've not made myself out to be anything I'm not, and I'm not the one that's going to be tied up and blindfolded!

If I'm unable to set up a meet I don't waste another second on that person. The men I play with are often very busy, I understand that, but no one is too busy for a coffee, and where I work in London I'm literally on top of the busiest train station...all rails lead here, so if they can't make it...toodles!

However, people are allowed to change their mind: just because they've spoken to you it's not a guarantee of a meet. Don't waste time wondering about the whys when there are so many other people to play with.

As my man Jay-Z says: on to the next one!

This is my first post so i hope i get it right.

I think alot of people like the thought of being able to get a meet and when they finally get it they get the buzz and all the adrenalin but once that wears off and they think about it, and what there going to to it scares them, because if they've talked it they kinda got do what they said they were going to do.

Plus if its a guy they more likely wanked over it then once they have cum they think straight for like 2 mins lol, and decided that was enough just the thought.

Im not saying thats right not to not turn up, as i think everyone is allowed to change there mind, but if you/they have changed there mind im sure the other person will understand so tell them instead of no comms at all, its the same as if you did turn up and change your mind and said i cant do it there should be no pressure or abuse. Like others have said probably best to meet not on a sexual thing to begin with so there no pressure to do a thing.

But we all different and do things differently im quite easy going so if someone said they cant id be cool with it, but to just ignore someone it seems like you have just been used a lil, i think you could be forgiven for doing it once but not twice!

By *ifornowCouple  over a year ago

Skegness

It also happens from peeps who have numerous positive feedback !

There's a lot of newbies that have never done this before so are probably very nervous so may pull out but ive had to cancel meets in the past we all have it happens I let them know and rearrange but you will find some who are simply here to talk the talk and nothing else

"This is my first post so i hope i get it right.

I think alot of people like the thought of being able to get a meet and when they finally get it they get the buzz and all the adrenalin but once that wears off and they think about it, and what there going to to it scares them, because if they've talked it they kinda got do what they said they were going to do.

Plus if its a guy they more likely wanked over it then once they have cum they think straight for like 2 mins lol, and decided that was enough just the thought.

Im not saying thats right not to not turn up, as i think everyone is allowed to change there mind, but if you/they have changed there mind im sure the other person will understand so tell them instead of no comms at all, its the same as if you did turn up and change your mind and said i cant do it there should be no pressure or abuse. Like others have said probably best to meet not on a sexual thing to begin with so there no pressure to do a thing.

But we all different and do things differently im quite easy going so if someone said they cant id be cool with it, but to just ignore someone it seems like you have just been used a lil, i think you could be forgiven for doing it once but not twice!"

Nice first post, and welcome to the forums. Now you've taken the plunge, do join in...nice to see new people.

Erm...do you have a bum pic?!!

sometimes you are up for a meet but then something can happen like they become pushy or hassle you again and again or they just act a tad desprate

i really liked someone on here and with the amount of times he hassled me i decided to say no thanks

Thanks sassy and just for you i will try and sort out a bum pic for you.

This is my first post but ive been on here years ive yet to meet from here but have met from a diff site, ive spoke to alot on phone and on webcam but for some reason ive never been verified im not sure if thats my fault as ive never asked anyone too and kinda thought it was up to someone else to decide if they want to leave it or not.

Its a thin line i think between hassling and just trying to make it still look like you are interested as if you go quiet it seems like not interested and if too much seems like your desperate, but either way still nice to say no thanks then just be ignored me thinks

With verification it can be done via phone and cam. If you verified them it's only polite if they do the same sweets sometimes just ask them but some only verify in person x

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I have lost count of the number of people I have initially been interested in and then changed my mind. It has nothing to do with losing my nerve, it's about finding something which puts me off.

Things which may have put me off include:

A new verification from someone I would not like to have secondhand contact with.

Forum posts about what they think is acceptable sexual behaviour (if I don't), how they treat guests and other revolations.... and including things similar to the Mrs Cornwall thread (purely an example - not an actual).

Something they start asking... if they start asking if I will consider something I have already said no to.

Something they let slip.

Anything else which puts me off.

I think a lot like the idea of swinging and its the thrill of the chase but when it comes down to it they bottle it.

"I have lost count of the number of people I have initially been interested in and then changed my mind. It has nothing to do with losing my nerve, it's about finding something which puts me off.

A new verification from someone I would not like to have secondhand contact with.

Forum posts about what they think is acceptable sexual behaviour (if I don't), how they treat guests and other revolations.... and including things similar to the Mrs Cornwall thread (purely an example - not an actual).

Something they start asking... if they start asking if I will consider something I have already said no to.

Something they let slip.

Anything else which puts me off."

Fussy

"Thanks sassy and just for you i will try and sort out a bum pic for you.

"

Oooo...thank you!! See...if you don't ask...

"I have lost count of the number of people I have initially been interested in and then changed my mind. It has nothing to do with losing my nerve, it's about finding something which puts me off.

Something they let slip.

Anything else which puts me off."

Pretty much sums it up for me too.

I have had similar thing to you polo, where as ive kinda told how i am and how i wont be force to do something i dont want to do, and they have said thats fine you do it how you want, to then be said but when you are there you probably will and as soon as i hear that i think they are still going to try it and it puts me off a lil, but i know what they are on about as when you start something it can lead to more.

And the same with people they have met and other stuff they can say or do, but what one person likes another dislikes. it can be a little of putting

Something they let slip.

Fussy"

Yep.

I forgot to mention...

New photos.

Contradicting their own profile.

Becoming boring.

Becoming creepy.

And other things.

Something they let slip.

Pretty much sums it up for me too. "

You're fussy too...bloody women

"

Fussy"

And she has every right too be!

S.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Something they let slip.

Pretty much sums it up for me too. "

And me too.....

Wont say me too as I loved the mrs Cornwall male thread as an example

"

Fussy

S. "

Thank you for explaining that to me

*Writes on back of hand - "women have rights" *

"

Fussy

S.

*Writes on back of hand - "women have rights" *"

Make sure you use permanent marker!

"

Fussy

S.

*Writes on back of hand - "women have rights" *"

Tattoo it on!

I can only use a fine tipped pen...I have small hands and much to learn

"I can only use a fine tipped pen...I have small hands and much to learn "

This one is important though... so I suggest permanent marker, big letters, across your forehead.

If you can manage writing it backwards so it makes sense in the mirror that would be a bonus.

"I can only use a fine tipped pen...I have small hands and much to learn

This one is important though... so I suggest permanent marker, big letters, across your forehead.

If you can manage writing it backwards so it makes sense in the mirror that would be a bonus."

He needs help Polo, hence my suggestion of having it tattooed on. Problem solved really!

"I can only use a fine tipped pen...I have small hands and much to learn

If you can manage writing it backwards so it makes sense in the mirror that would be a bonus."

Good idea...thank you. I have small hands but a freakishly large head so that should work.

Hmmmm...although you've not mentioned who it is, I've read the thread and know who you're talking about. I wouldn't be happy to read this if I were the person involved.

I know I'm sorry I shouldn't have said anything I just wouldn't want to meet someone and have my evening fun played out on here. Or maybe I'm too sensitive? X

"....I just wouldn't want to meet someone and have my evening fun played out on here. "

I can completely understand that.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Can be frustrating but hey ho, goes with the territory so to speak.

Dont understand why some people dont feel able to simply say 'thanks but we are not compatible' after pic sending etc.

Absolutely fine with that, rather know than be 'blanked' cos they are not sure what or how to say it.

Its only manners after all.

just reading the posts not thrning up can annoy ppl but every one has there reasons but then to blank you after is just plain rude i have been stood up on meets and then spoke to the person and what happens then is webchat /phone chat and everyone is happy

well maybe thay cant handle all others liking you and have to be number 1 xx lolol i know i am that , lololol

"yes had that already and even been blocked by them. some people dont make sense well maybe thay cant handle all others liking you and have to be number 1 xx lolol i know i am that , lololol "

May be they just don't want to be in a post pissing contest, who knows.

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)  over a year ago

birmingham

"Hmmmm...although you've not mentioned who it is, I've read the thread and know who you're talking about"

Arrived late as usual

By *LBishCouple  over a year ago

near bury st edmunds

Had a fare few of them, seems all keen, they was the ones making the first contact, add them to freinds. Even had couples going on and on about cluubs offered to take them, given advice, then they kinda dissapear off the face of the earth. We have checked they still on fab but never again been in contact, very very strange if you ask me. We always say ahh well their loss not ours. xxxx

"yes had that already and even been blocked by them. some people dont make sense well maybe thay cant handle all others liking you and have to be number 1 xx lolol i know i am that , lololol

May be they just don't want to be in a post pissing contest, who knows."

well me and mr are friends we have fun here thats all i see everyone as number 1 after him , lol he is a lovely man.

"Hmmmm...although you've not mentioned who it is, I've read the thread and know who you're talking about

Arrived late as usual "

Don't worry, I had missed it too.

But there's always some kind soul who copies stuff before it vanishes

"Hmmmm...although you've not mentioned who it is, I've read the thread and know who you're talking about

Arrived late as usual

But there's always some kind soul who copies stuff before it vanishes "

now what did we miss ? i hate missing stuff here ..?

birmingham

[Removed by poster at 25/02/11 13:44:24]

birmingham

Arrived late as usual

But there's always some kind soul who copies stuff before it vanishes "

Have I told you recently, how much we love you

"I think a lot like the idea of swinging and its the thrill of the chase but when it comes down to it they bottle it."
yes i think your right xx

birmingham

"Is it just me or do you find it highly annoying when people say they are up for a meet then go cold.

You chat wiv them for a while then exchange friends requests then nothing.

Even ignore your mail when ask is all ok??? "

If it’s happening on a regular basis, maybe, just maybe it could be you

In the time we’ve been on here, only one couple refused to meet us after arrangements had been set, they refused saying they were to nervous to go through with the meet, we had no reason to doubt them.

Arrived late as usual "

So do I and probably most of the forums do to.

Not nice but I've a feeling it's sour grapes being said here on their part and maybe just maybe some jealousy as this person had such a great meet. Just my thought sweets

Arrived late as usual

But there's always some kind soul who copies stuff before it vanishes now what did we miss ? i hate missing stuff here ..?"

I did see it Jo before it disppeared and no names were given but it was obvious who it was about if you read the forums.

I have encountered (via PM) some people who read way too much into the fact you have actually exchanged messages with them... especially those who start a conversation via asking a question.

Arrived late as usual

So do I and probably most of the forums do to.

Not nice but I've a feeling it's sour grapes being said here on their part and maybe just maybe some jealousy as this person had such a great meet. Just my thought sweets "

I thought I was the only one thinking along the same lines...

Arrived late as usual

But there's always some kind soul who copies stuff before it vanishes now what did we miss ? i hate missing stuff here ..?

I did see it Jo before it disppeared and no names were given but it was obvious who it was about if you read the forums."

Ohhh you are talking about the post in this thread... we are talking about the post in the other thread... with the names in

The thread on this post didn't have names in it polo it was for a few mins then went after sassy made a great comment. Not sure if we are taking about the same on x

"

Not nice but I've a feeling it's sour grapes being said here on their part and maybe just maybe some jealousy as this person had such a great meet. Just my thought sweets "

I got the feeling they were making a sensible choice not to meet someone who went too far in another thread. Quite understandable really. No hint of sour grapes or jealousy at all.

So why was it taken off then?

Did you see it?

"So why was it taken off then?

Did you see it?"

Yes I saw it.

Well i've been offline most of the day so wasn't sure we was talking about the same one that's all

"

Not nice but I've a feeling it's sour grapes being said here on their part and maybe just maybe some jealousy as this person had such a great meet. Just my thought sweets

I got the feeling they were making a sensible choice not to meet someone who went too far in another thread. Quite understandable really. No hint of sour grapes or jealousy at all. "

Yes I can understand someones choice but to tell us all on here that knowing we would know who it was they were taking about

"

I got the feeling they were making a sensible choice not to meet someone who went too far in another thread. Quite understandable really. No hint of sour grapes or jealousy at all.

Yes I can understand someones choice but to tell us all on here that knowing we would know who it was they were taking about "

May be they shouldn't have posted it... But I totally understand the choice they made and there was no hint of jealousy in the actual message.

At the end of the day we don't know the real reason why, there's two sides to this story and no one will know the truth. In some ways I agree no I wouldn't want someone discussing what i had done on a meet I would be fucking fuming and a potential meet I'd do the same. But theres a way to do this.

"

I got the feeling they were making a sensible choice not to meet someone who went too far in another thread. Quite understandable really. No hint of sour grapes or jealousy at all. "

Agreed!

I was with them 100%, I just wouldn't have mentioned it as the person was a regular forum user.

"

Agreed!

I was with them 100%, I just wouldn't have mentioned it as the person was a regular forum user."

I might be tempeted to say something if I thought they had mentioned it first.... but probably not.

must have missed it as i didnt see nothing

That was my point sassy I read it thought fuck I know who that is about like you said I wouldn't want to be that person Reading that when they get home from work or something.

"must have missed it as i didnt see nothing "
nor did i .. all i know i am jelouse of no one on this site .... no one on my life thats the truth .. i dont under stand people who are of others ... its a swing site not dating site,

how can you get jealous thou,

u meet fuck maybe fuck again and go home

sorry game set and match for me

"how can you get jealous thou,

sorry game set and match for me "

thats what i do too , lol x so we are game all , lol xx

"That was my point sassy I read it thought fuck I know who that is about like you said I wouldn't want to be that person Reading that when they get home from work or something. "

Indeed, especially as I think the person felt bad enough: they were just excited and did apologise. But sadly, damage done.

birmingham

"u meet fuck maybe fuck again and go home "

We try not to do too many fooks, it's really tiring

"how can you get jealous thou,

sorry game set and match for me "

I've known a few in the past that have got shirty knowing I've got a meet and can't meet them some can't grasp NSA and someone I met the other week who wanted to meet this week then blocked me for messing them about because I had already made arrangements for this week.

By *ensualfire88Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

lol

"u meet fuck maybe fuck again and go home

We try not to do too many fooks, it's really tiring "

i like a good fuck and good fourplay x

i think it makes me laugh people assume that just as you are on fab you should meet all the time, drop all arrangments and just do it

( sorry thats not me) x

yes totally agree with you. we were chatting to a guy on here that seemed gen, arranged a meet for next week, then went cold!!!!!, it would of been our first ever meet, but having read comments on here about time wasters we thought we may come across some. never mind his loss and someone elses gain we say.

i think its trial and error

i have arranged to meet people and they havent called to confirm or they haven messaged me

By *ustyWoman  over a year ago

inverclyde

has happened to me a few times oh well two chances to meet then not a third so not my loss at the end of the day

"lol"

You feeling jaded ?

"I know I'm sorry I shouldn't have said anything I just wouldn't want to meet someone and have my evening fun played out on here. Or maybe I'm too sensitive? X"

No I'm the same, who I've met and what happened is my business, it's the reason I used to hide my verifications.

"I have encountered (via PM) some people who read way too much into the fact you have actually exchanged messages with them... especially those who start a conversation via asking a question."

Yeah there's a lot seem to take it as a given it's now a when not a see how we get on.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

maybe issues with others should now be kept off the forums...

[Removed by poster at 26/02/11 18:41:53]

By *ornwall-maleMan  over a year ago

newquay

agreed brightbabe and _iew x

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"agreed brightbabe and _iew x"

good man

"maybe issues with others should now be kept off the forums...

"

Indeed!

The majority of people have goldfish memories on these forums: only the truly sad with waaaaaaaay too much time on their hands and no meets will be able to quote something you wrote after the cock crowed twice on St Swithan's Day last year.

However, if you keep banging on about it and saying sorry it will never die.

You don't need to be an old timer to know discretion is a prerequisite of this lifestyle. Keep mentioning newbie and saying sorry will just keep this alive.

Move along...nothing further to see here!

What happens on st swithians day?

Yes but sometimes, i get so many, i lose one i want to reply too, or am so busy with 2 jobs, i realise ive not replied to a message. Even been blocked as i obviously didnt reply to someones message, no big deal, plenty more fish in the sea, as they say

"What happens on st swithians day?"

tv/ts get invited down to helston in cornwall, and are shown a jolly good time!!

xxx

"What happens on st swithians day?

tv/ts get invited down to helston in cornwall, and are shown a jolly good time!!

xxx"

Its true Janelle, they throw a skipping contest too

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

THE STICKS

"yes totally agree with you. we were chatting to a guy on here that seemed gen, arranged a meet for next week, then went cold!!!!!, it would of been our first ever meet, but having read comments on here about time wasters we thought we may come across some. never mind his loss and someone elses gain we say."

Definitely his loss!

Heck, I'd travel all the way to Sheffield just so that I could pin the Fabswingers Bum Of The Month Award rosette to your bottom!

» Add a new message to this topic