FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Drink Drive Charge and Entry to USA

Drink Drive Charge and Entry to USA

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Does anyone on here have a friend who has a drink drive charge but been to America without declaring the information on an ESTA application?

The wording is very unclear as they mention crimes of moral turpitude but say DD (DUI) is not a crime of moral turpitude?

Thanks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 25/04/16 11:29:04]

List of crimes here.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_turpitude

By *inkycatWoman  over a year ago

High Wycombe

My ex husband had to get a visa from the embassy in London when we went to Vegas as he'd had a drink drive ban 3 years previously

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Lots of info on Google but it seems that one DUI is acceptable (but will ramp up the visa cost) whereas multiple DUIs will be a problem. And not declaring it will possible end up in being deported and barred from re-entering the US if they find out.

Maybe phone the US Embassy for advice?

"The embassy website says that "a d*unk driving conviction is not a statutory visa ineligibility" and there seem to be plenty of instances on the internet of other convicted people getting visas. But yes, it is the case that the US does not recognise that there is such a thing as "spent" convictions. As far as they are concerned, his drink-drive conviction lasts for life, so he will have to go through the whole process again each time he needs to renew his visa. "

If you lie, you won't get a visa.

WoW!

Don't declare something on ESTA??

Better to realise you ain't going to be allowed into the country before hand.

IMHO

I don't think he's not declaring, as such, as the question is around moral turpitude.

Just need to know if anyone has a friend on here who has entered the US recently with a DUI on their record. Thanks.

"I don't think he's not declaring, as such, as the question is around moral turpitude.

Just need to know if anyone has a friend on here who has entered the US recently with a DUI on their record. Thanks."

Your OP said not declaring. You need to declare it. Moral turpitude just means instant denial of a visa. He will probably have to have an interview.

Apologies for confusion.

I guess my question is:

Do you have a friend / know anyone who has entered US through ESTA with DUI conviction? There is no question about DUI - only moral turpitude - which DUI doesn't fall under.

Anyone that would prefer to e-mail/pm to discuss feel free. Thanks

"Does anyone on here have a friend who has a drink drive charge but been to America without declaring the information on an ESTA application?

The wording is very unclear as they mention crimes of moral turpitude but say DD (DUI) is not a crime of moral turpitude?

Thanks"

Personal experience here... Was a silly boy when I was 20.. At 21 I started to travel to US with work.. Customs officer and I quote... " we'll if you guys didn't make such dam good scotch , this kinda stuff wouldn't happen now would it"

» Add a new message to this topic