FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Swinging on the decline?

Swinging on the decline?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *avidj69 OP   Man  over a year ago

Camden

I obviously don't have access to any firm fab stats on user base but I can't help getting the feeling there are less and less genuine new profiles being raised these days.

Do people who frequent clubs have any insights or feelings on whether more new couples are coming onto scene, less or about the same ?

Frequency of new single male profiles I can't comment on and also not fussed about but good luck to all

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *reenleavesCouple  over a year ago

North Wales

It's the Internet. People will create profiles for a whole bunch of reasons (stalking, selling, harassing, dreaming...). Until yo. Meet them face to face you probably won't know which.

Clubs help cut away from that by putting you in a real environment and not behind a screen.

So I'd ignore the demographics of a website when determining the state and future of swinging

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not sure you can judge by new profiles, I hadn't got the first clue about swinging in its many and various forms when I joined. I was curious and it's been a wee journey of exploration. I'm ever evolving in all aspects of my life, every day is a school day has always been a bit of a motto for me so, although there are a fair few profiles set up with misaligned expectations of the site, there are I'm sure many who, like me, are finding stuff out.

I wouldn't say swinging is in decline the number of people joining a website doesn't really give accurate figures as many aren't on them, only use clubs or attend private parties etc.

For example Swingfields will have over 700 people attending this year, 260 were at Xtasia on Sunday night, over 100 singles went to a swingles night at Jaydees recently. And those were only events we are going to or were at so if you multiply that by the number of clubs open those nights, it's booming

"I obviously don't have access to any firm fab stats on user base but I can't help getting the feeling there are less and less genuine new profiles being raised these days.

Do people who frequent clubs have any insights or feelings on whether more new couples are coming onto scene, less or about the same ?

Frequency of new single male profiles I can't comment on and also not fussed about but good luck to all"

Well..... it's not scientific but if you go back a few years it was very easy to get a great meet with great people on here. Now it's nigh on impossible. Lots of swinging couples (and the rare single girl) we know have left the site - simply because they say it's gone drastically downhill from a "meeting" perspective. Seems more of a chat site now as well as one big advertising site for clubs. That's fair enough but to call it a "swinging site" is probably not accurate anymore (in our humble opinion). It's got that bad, we rarely venture on anymore - and then only to look at the "meet today" list when we are after a meet - even that is proving hard work. As for random messages - they all just seem to be timewasters (and believe me we have been patient). So yes, we generally agree with you. Similar to dogging - that's about 10% of what it used to be

» Add a new message to this topic