FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Is the word 'timewaster' overused?

Is the word 'timewaster' overused?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

When we started using Fab a year and a half ago, we noticed that a lot of profiles say things like 'here to meet, too many timewasters'. Us personally have had very little problems with regards to what we consider to be blatant timewasting, so if Fab is full of timewasters we haven't really noticed. Have we just been lucky or have good judgement, or is it that others have a different definition of timewasting? I mean from some of the threads I've read, I've got the impression that some guys consider it timewasting when someone goes silent after chatting for a bit, or changes their mind about meeting someone. Don't get me wrong - I have absalutely no time for people who mess about ie cancel at the last minute or even worse don't show. Or those who lead people on with no intention of ever meeting. But has the word 'timewaster' become an insult to throw when someone doesn't get what they want?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *anky_PankyWoman  over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

Yes I've been called a fake timewaster just recently. I suggested they looked at my three figures of verifications!?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Never encountered a timewaster and meets have always turned up. I think there are a lot of dreamers on here that some would say are timewasters but if you ask the right questions etc you shouldn't have problems

In a word yes

The word time waster is thrown around far to easily on here

I've been called one several times because I spoken to people I didn't want to meet

By *ackDMissMorganCouple  over a year ago

Halifax

Yes i think so,i class a time waster aa someone who doesn't turn up for a meet ,or cancels last min.Miss.

To me a time waster is anybody who leads you on to arranging a meet when they have never had any intention's of meeting

Anything else can be excused

We all have the rights to change our mind and things crop up so sometimes cancellation happen

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Yes all the above is much what we think. Would love to hear the other view point. Does anybody think that to chat and it not go anywhere is timewasting?

"Yes all the above is much what we think. Would love to hear the other view point. Does anybody think that to chat and it not go anywhere is timewasting?"

No so long as the chat isnt leading anybody on

I'll chat to anybody but I never offer or suggest meeting untill I feel I want to

The problem is some people feel just general chat is leading them on

I've spoken to some guys on here on and off for months/years and never met

I only use the word to refer to someone that I have arranged to meet and they didn't show or deliberately vanishes to avoid manning up and cancelling

By *radleywigginsMan  over a year ago

northwest

I think the great majority of 'time wasters' do not set out to be such.

I suspect that for a great number of people the idea of meeting up with people is a fantasy, this website provides an opportunity to make connections, and users may be swept away with the attention and the excitement of the possibilities this brings..

However, when they finally get to that point where it must become a reality, the nerves kick in, and they realise they perhaps aren't as brave as they've let others to believe..

So time wasters? Not always deliberately so.

"...

But has the word 'timewaster' become an insult to throw when someone doesn't get what they want?"

This.

I've never had a time waster. Never.

I have chatted to people and one of us has decided not to meet.

I have arranged meets then had them cancel beforehand, or I have cancelled because I had the feeling they wouldn't turn up.

I have met unverified people many times- and they turned up.

I'm very happy with how I use the site and have had some brilliant times.

I think the worst timewaster sometimes, is the person themself.

By *eliz NelsonMan  over a year ago

The Tantric Tea Shop

"...

But has the word 'timewaster' become an insult to throw when someone doesn't get what they want?

This.

I've never had a time waster. Never.

I have chatted to people and one of us has decided not to meet.

I have arranged meets then had them cancel beforehand, or I have cancelled because I had the feeling they wouldn't turn up.

I have met unverified people many times- and they turned up.

I'm very happy with how I use the site and have had some brilliant times.

I think the worst timewaster sometimes, is the person themself. "

I've been called a timewaster because...

a) I wasn't interested in them and then the classic " it's your loss" comment and general abuse about being fat or ugly or both...

b) Because I won't meet at a drop of a hat and naturally being online means I'm wanting to meet this here and now!!!

Sorry I'll remove my ranty pants and sit in the corner...

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

"Yes all the above is much what we think. Would love to hear the other view point. Does anybody think that to chat and it not go anywhere is timewasting?"

Nope.

My definition of a timewaster is someone who makes arrangements to meet but doesn't cancel or turn up.

Some seem to think that anyone who doesn't want to fuck them is a timewaster.

Those who won't cam or send sex messages are a timewaster.

Those who don't answer the well thought out 'Hi hows you' message is a timewaster.

I feel those that throw around the timewaster label expect wayyyy to much from all this.

By *ixedblkinjectionMan  over a year ago

london

"Yes all the above is much what we think. Would love to hear the other view point. Does anybody think that to chat and it not go anywhere is timewasting?

Nope.

My definition of a timewaster is someone who makes arrangements to meet but doesn't cancel or turn up.

Some seem to think that anyone who doesn't want to fuck them is a timewaster.

Those who won't cam or send sex messages are a timewaster.

Those who don't answer the well thought out 'Hi hows you' message is a timewaster.

I feel those that throw around the timewaster label expect wayyyy to much from all this."

Couldn't have been said any better...i ain't a time waster but may look like it as haven't had a meet yet....the reason is the expectancy...some see you've just set up an account; as spam it seems ?? Others think without the veri' = no experience!!!!

By *abes in the woodWoman  over a year ago

wales

I went for social meet today person didn't show up message few hours before never went back on line.but though I was fake wanted meet in public place which I agree to never show so I report block.

By *herbert fountainWoman  over a year ago

Hanley

I have been called a time waster for being on here when I am not meeting!

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

Yes.

Some people class anyone who says no as a timewaster just because the time they spent messaging was wasted!

Saying no and blocking people, amongst other things, are also often classed as people being rude.

Some people react badly to rejection.

I was accused of being a fake here recently too. When I pointed out my meet veris I was told they're all fake too

"I was accused of being a fake here recently too. When I pointed out my meet veris I was told they're all fake too "

I knew it!!

I wasn't admiring your eyelashes, it was all a dream.

Oh wait... that means I'm fake too.

Yes

"I was accused of being a fake here recently too. When I pointed out my meet veris I was told they're all fake too

I knew it!!

I wasn't admiring your eyelashes, it was all a dream.

Oh wait... that means I'm fake too. "

Yep, totally fake!

[Removed by poster at 25/06/16 19:16:21]

"I think the great majority of 'time wasters' do not set out to be such.

I suspect that for a great number of people the idea of meeting up with people is a fantasy, this website provides an opportunity to make connections, and users may be swept away with the attention and the excitement of the possibilities this brings..

However, when they finally get to that point where it must become a reality, the nerves kick in, and they realise they perhaps aren't as brave as they've let others to believe..

So time wasters? Not always deliberately so. "

This, most definitely.

A time waster is anyone that doesn't want to meet me

» Add a new message to this topic