FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Found on facebook

Found on facebook

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Has anyone been found on facebook by someone in here?

Only ask because tray has received a friend request on there from someone on this site and tbh it's freaked her out a little as we gave very little information away no surnames only one face pic no location and such so how have they found her? They must have taken a long time to search for her as her first name is obviously quite common. Any thoughts suggestions how we stop this happening in the future and has anyone else experienced this tried a forum search but couldnt find anything

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Have they exchanged phone numbers? If she has the Facebook app it rapes your contact list in your phone to make friend suggestions to you

By *abydollxxWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham - Selly oak

Did you give out numbers?

I've found a few people I've spoken to have come up in the 'people you may know' section.

"Did you give out numbers?

I've found a few people I've spoken to have come up in the 'people you may know' section."

This.

We've had it where members we've NEVER spoken to have come up there.

Identical profile pics and location, etc yet never exchanged so mush as a quote in here let alone any message.

I think if you use a iPhone it can sync any phone number or email details you have on your phone with Facebook so if you sent a message via text/email to the person it will sync that, if you go on the settings on your iPhone find the Facebook settings it says sync contacts and it does to help you find friends not sure if you can turn it off though.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Yes she did didn't realise it did that to be honest thankyou will be more careful in future

Makes you wonder just how much information either your browser or admin actually share without your knowledge.

Somewhere there has to be an information exchange (email, location, pictures, facial recognition software) as not a single detail between them is the same.

Just shows you that nothing you put on the internet is really private despite all the claims somewhere like here make.

You really need to check privacy settings on facebook and on here. People are moaning about Sydney Uni, but they all have 'visible to search engines' turned on in their profiles. If you want to use the internet, you are responsible for your safety and privacy as much as if you open your front door to strangers. Read the small print!

"Yes she did didn't realise it did that to be honest thankyou will be more careful in future"

I don't have my phone number or current email on my Facebook but I still get people suggested who clearly have. All that bollocks they tell you about making your account more secure by giving them your number is just so they can harvest your info. Tell her to take her number off her Facebook profile and tighten her security settings

[Removed by poster at 27/06/16 07:18:53]

I was found through a phone number, hence now no phone number given out x

The only way you can be found is if you verified you Facebook via mobile number, otherwise you won't be found on Facebook.

As above the IPhone FB APP is designed to get as much info about you and your contacts as possible. After reading an article about it I did as they suggested.

Delete The APP

Go on FB on Safari Browser

At bottom of page click the little box with arrow pointing up

Then click the Add To Home Screen button

It will put a FB icon on your home screen the same as the App Icon

This when clicked brings up FB in Safari, which works just as well as the App and doesn't constantly trawl your phone for data it can access

The IPhone FB Messenger App does the same thing by the way so make sure your settings are sorted before you let it at your contacts list and location etc etc etc

Big Brother (FB) is watching

I have a false name I give and for that name there is a facebook account with my piccy on. That's what anyone facebook stalking me finds

And yes, it happens to men too.

I have been found on Facebook from another site I am on. On that site I had no face pics and just name Hev, received a message saying are you the one who is on the shagging site. I have been found several times also by people I gave my email too. It's not good when they start sending cock pictures on there.

XXX

By *ngels of Sin 69Couple  over a year ago

High Wycombe

We also was found on facebook by giving our number out and was stalked badly by a couple. We dont ever give numbers out anymore x

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"I have a false name I give and for that name there is a facebook account with my piccy on. That's what anyone facebook stalking me finds

That's a good idea. What a clever chap you are

I thought I was quite tight with my security settings on here and fb. Pics only set to friends, no phone no on fb and not showing on search engines etc on here but I still get people coming up on fb. I must be missing something.

"

By *onnie and JohnCouple  over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

"As above the IPhone FB APP is designed to get as much info about you and your contacts as possible. After reading an article about it I did as they suggested.

Delete The APP

Go on FB on Safari Browser

At bottom of page click the little box with arrow pointing up

Then click the Add To Home Screen button

It will put a FB icon on your home screen the same as the App Icon

This when clicked brings up FB in Safari, which works just as well as the App and doesn't constantly trawl your phone for data it can access

The IPhone FB Messenger App does the same thing by the way so make sure your settings are sorted before you let it at your contacts list and location etc etc etc

Big Brother (FB) is watching

"

Big Brother has and will be always watching..

By *onnie and JohnCouple  over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

"We also was found on facebook by giving our number out and was stalked badly by a couple. We dont ever give numbers out anymore x"

why not think on using a cheap pay as you go fab phone set up an email account for fab that's not linked

"I have a false name I give and for that name there is a facebook account with my piccy on. That's what anyone facebook stalking me finds

I thought I was quite tight with my security settings on here and fb. Pics only set to friends, no phone no on fb and not showing on search engines etc on here but I still get people coming up on fb. I must be missing something."

Yey I got a pat on the head from a pretty lady

I thought I was quite tight with my security settings on here and fb. Pics only set to friends, no phone no on fb and not showing on search engines etc on here but I still get people coming up on fb. I must be missing something.

"

It's not you, it's them. If they have their number on their profile and you have their number in your phone or have used it on your phone your app is using their number to make suggestions to you

It akways surprises me how much information people publicly display on Facebook. Employer details, relationships, statuses and pictures set to public not friends.

Facebook is intrusive but some people really don't help themselves

Facebook and Google are all invasive. They download all sorts of stuff in the background etc.

I've had it happen several times but as a single guy it doesn't really affect me.

I also have a number of friends from here who are quite deliberately Facebook friends too....because we are, in fact, friends!

Dont let apps on your phone steal your contacts, they are sneaky buggers!

I'm winding down off facebook anyway.

It's now forcing you to use messenger for messages on phone....you seen the permissions that bugger uses?

Yeh I killed main account, set up an account just for adminning a fan page for a charity I volunteer for, then there's my 'fake' account.

I looked for some sheds on B&Qs website. Went on facebook later and there were the sheds I'd been looking at.

"I think if you use a iPhone it can sync any phone number or email details you have on your phone with Facebook so if you sent a message via text/email to the person it will sync that, if you go on the settings on your iPhone find the Facebook settings it says sync contacts and it does to help you find friends not sure if you can turn it off though. "

Not just iphones.. any smart phones

"I'm winding down off facebook anyway.

It's now forcing you to use messenger for messages on phone....you seen the permissions that bugger uses?

Yeh I killed main account, set up an account just for adminning a fan page for a charity I volunteer for, then there's my 'fake' account.

I looked for some sheds on B&Qs website. Went on facebook later and there were the sheds I'd been looking at. "

All apps are the same. I tried to download the subway app and it wanted access to my contacts and pictures on my phone...my pictures? For a fucking sandwich?

It's also why we don't have kik.

By *iforfun999Man  over a year ago

Haverfordwest

There's also the slim possibility that it's just coincidence that you might have mutual friends, if you are fairly local to each other. Facebook suggests new friends based on existing friends' friends.

I have often met someone, only to discover mutual friends later. It happened when I was in gran canaria, made friends with two guys from Preston, only to discover later that we had mutual friends in Cardiff.

"Have they exchanged phone numbers? If she has the Facebook app it rapes your contact list in your phone to make friend suggestions to you"

That's fucking sick !

If she goes into her Facebook settings she can make her self only searchable by name and not contact number x

"If she goes into her Facebook settings she can make her self only searchable by name and not contact number x"

Will do that now lol

Facebook recommended my GP as someone I may know I've only spoken to him via the surgery number so how did that happen? Location? Can't think he has been stalking me cos my name's different on there!

By *izbitMan  over a year ago

St Helens

This whole sync business does a lot so any numbers you've given out , Kik contacts seem pop up now to the full kit and caboodle ! Amazing way to find catfish though

My Facebook is set to private.

Also only my friends can see my pictures. I have a different email for this site and I've also chosen not to be found via search engines. How reliable that is tho I don't know

"If she goes into her Facebook settings she can make her self only searchable by name and not contact number x

Will do that now lol "

We have done that since people were trying to contact us via Facebook!! try it for friends etc just put their phone number on the search bar where you would normally put their name, so many people don't even know about it x

Yes it happened many years ago, someone found me via my real name and added me and my friends as friends! Loon alert!

Don't have Facebook for that very reason now.

As being one of the few people left who does not have a facebook account I find it works wonders to keep the stalkers at bay.

It's more then likely the number on Facebook.. this is why I haven't out my number on Facebook (it still keeps asking and says it's privet but still wont) and I don't give my number out either just in case x

By *cd and scruffCouple  over a year ago

Rochester

Do you share some photos with here and facebook? There is a website called tineye, if you put a photo in it it will search the web for it.

By *obluvs2playMan  over a year ago

redcar

"Has anyone been found on facebook by someone in here?

Only ask because tray has received a friend request on there from someone on this site and tbh it's freaked her out a little as we gave very little information away no surnames only one face pic no location and such so how have they found her? They must have taken a long time to search for her as her first name is obviously quite common. Any thoughts suggestions how we stop this happening in the future and has anyone else experienced this tried a forum search but couldnt find anything"

Did you give them your mobile number aparntly that's a dead give away

By *itzWoman  over a year ago

south wales

[Removed by poster at 27/06/16 21:38:32]

By *itzWoman  over a year ago

south wales

"It akways surprises me how much information people publicly display on Facebook. Employer details, relationships, statuses and pictures set to public not friends.

Facebook is intrusive but some people really don't help themselves "

Yeah, use your real name, real telephone number and email address, real job; all of your schools and your university and what years you attended each of them; put pictures of your kids with their names, their ages and what school they go to (without their consent); accept all tags where your mates have taken pics of you to help the facial recognition software. Go for it. Why not, you have nothing to hide, right

By *illo0069Man  over a year ago

litherland

Dont forget u can use google images to search, just needs a face pic

That doesn't always work. .

We've searched fb on single guys. Amazing how many are cheating on their wives/girlfriends

» Add a new message to this topic