FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Intelligence is sexy...

Intelligence is sexy...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Too much text spelling, bad grammar and meaningless nonsense... it's all over profiles, status and forum areas.

Am I the only one that finds intelligence sexy and wants to have my mind as well as my body set alight by the swingers I encounter?

Surely it's far hornier to receive words that are suggestive, slippery and seductive than just "hi luv, wot r u doin wiv yr nite?"

Tell me I'm not alone here... x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Too much text spelling, bad grammar and meaningless nonsense... it's all over profiles, status and forum areas.

Am I the only one that finds intelligence sexy and wants to have my mind as well as my body set alight by the swingers I encounter?

Surely it's far hornier to receive words that are suggestive, slippery and seductive than just "hi luv, wot r u doin wiv yr nite?"

Tell me I'm not alone here... x"

No your not alone

Oiled up and brought to my tent works for me...

"Too much text spelling, bad grammar and meaningless nonsense... it's all over profiles, status and forum areas.

No your not alone "

Oh, that's a tremendous relief!

(do you mind if I correct your "your" and make it a "you're"? if it helps I can always offer your bottom my palm as a reminder for next time?... )

Thank you x

"Oiled up and brought to my tent works for me..."

Is that a stock answer?...

"Oiled up and brought to my tent works for me...

Is that a stock answer?... "

I'm that transparent?

I'm that transparent? "

Thankfully, yes...

No your not alone

(do you mind if I correct your "your" and make it a "you're"? if it helps I can always offer your bottom my palm as a reminder for next time?... )

Thank you x"

Terribly sorry, I was multi-tasking at the time.

No your not alone

Thank you x

Terribly sorry, I was multi-tasking at the time. "

"O rly???!!!"

Tell me more...

I'm that transparent?

Thankfully, yes... "

Just how I like it xxxxx

I find all of that text spelling, bad grammar and general lack of simple writing skills an extremely large turn off. A well worded message that gets my mind racing will always get my attention.

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I hope my profile spells out my likes and dislikes - I can't stand text speak, and neither can I stand the one liners that only say 'fancy a chat?'

What on earth are you meant to answer to that?

By *andy muncherMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

not all of us came out of school with A level english and some of us do the have some forms of dyslexia i do as you can tell some times sorry about just because my grammar and punctuation dos not mean where not intelligent i hate text speak but its way of things to come lol

Letter writing and creative writing is a lost art nowadays. I love reading an explicit text or letter written properly, rather than spend 5 minutes figuring out what all the shorthand and text speak is. Much more erotic, if written properly.

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

[Removed by poster at 18/04/11 17:47:28]

By *anny PepperoniMan  over a year ago

Matlock

"Letter writing and creative writing is a lost art nowadays. I love reading an explicit text or letter written properly, rather than spend 5 minutes figuring out what all the shorthand and text speak is. Much more erotic, if written properly."

I really wish more people shared this view.

I hate txt speak....

But I would never correct someone on their grammer!!!!

Your...you're......

Can just imagine what a fun filled meet that would be!!!!

Intelligence is sexy... yes to me it is ..... good brain not just a Dick is a real turn on to me. My spelling is crap but i do my best never did wright untill i come on sites like this . Why i love the forums xx jo xxx

Matlock

"Intelligence is sexy... yes to me it is ..... good brain not just a Dick is a real turn on to me. My spelling is crap but i do my best never did wright untill i come on sites like this . Why i love the forums xx jo xxx"

I have found a few well chosen and carefully put together words can have the effect of causing instant dampness if conveyed correctly

X

Matlock

"I hate txt speak....

Your...you're......

Can just imagine what a fun filled meet that would be!!!!"

Grammar

Xxx

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I find intelligence very sexy, but i dont judge someones intelligence purely on grammer and spelling.

I would make the assumption that someone who tpyed in text speak wasnt what i was looking for or one line messages. But if someone sends a well thought out message im not looking for perfect grammar and spelling.

If thats what everyone expected then i for one wouldnt be getting any meets

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

I think intelligence is very sexy but I find people who advertise their intelligence very unattractive

I agree too - hate text spellings

i was saying exactly that on another forum earlier to a guy that has had no luck with the ladies.he couldn't even spell the name of his town correctly! by the way,slippery and seductive does it for me every time x

Matlock

"I think intelligence is very sexy but I find people who advertise their intelligence very unattractive"

I think arrogance in any form is unattractive, but people with fabulous bodies show them off, ladies ''dress to impress'' we all like to advertise what we can do to some degree, there aren't many on here that could deny being at least a little exhibitionist. Its a tricky line to tread. When does one go from simply trying to demonstrate one has something up top to being a smart arse?

BUGGER!!!! shall I get me coat again???????

X

"and neither can I stand the one liners that only say 'fancy a chat?'

What on earth are you meant to answer to that? "

Yes, I hate that one too. I can't stand most text speak - it's looks vile. I can cope with a bit of lol here and there but the majority sends my blood to ice and I've deleted messages on the basis that the entire profile or message was written in a language I haven't the time to translate.

Yup!!! lol.

Although I prefer good grammer and spelling, I wouldnt go as far as to correct the other person, or rule them out as a potential meet, just because of a couple of spelling mistakes, especially as my spelling can be awful at times!!!

However if their message was either total text speak or really didnt make any sense, I would be put off.

I should add, one of the things I look for in a playmate is that we can have a conversation - initially via email, then over a drink and hopefully going on from there

No your not alone

Thank you x

Terribly sorry, I was multi-tasking at the time.

"O rly???!!!"

Tell me more... "

No, if I tell you I would have to kill you!!

"I hate txt speak....

Your...you're......

It's about "attention to detail"... and as leisure time is as precious as it is scarce then I want to spend it poring over each and every curve, each soft area and ensuring that no finger is lifted or laid without erotic intent...

I don't intend to make meets a school lesson... well, not unless they're planned that way... and if you're not on my wavelength with this then that's entirely cool, we don't share the same kinks and perversions and that's fine. It's a big old world and you'll meet the people that light your fuse as I will meet the ones that light mine.

And the "your" vs "you're" that I highlighted was marked with a little devil to show that I was being mischievous and playful...

Hopefully you get that my post is intended as banter, but *does* reflect my own little peccadilloes...

x

"No, if I tell you I would have to kill you!! "

Can't you just torture me a little?...

Matlock

"I should add, one of the things I look for in a playmate is that we can have a conversation - initially via email, then over a drink and hopefully going on from there "

I couldn't agree more. Very civilized.

"Letter writing and creative writing is a lost art nowadays. I love reading an explicit text or letter written properly, rather than spend 5 minutes figuring out what all the shorthand and text speak is. Much more erotic, if written properly."

Exactly! A few choice words can make the difference between, "nice pics" and "oh my, I'm going to enjoy sending this message"...

"I hate txt speak....

Your...you're......

Grammar

Xxx "

*claps* OK, you win the prize for coolest bloke posting on the thread! Like your style...

"Intelligence is sexy... yes to me it is ..... good brain not just a Dick is a real turn on to me. My spelling is crap but i do my best never did wright untill i come on sites like this . Why i love the forums xx jo xxx"

The odd typo isn't a crime, and your posts are perfectly readable... as someone else posted, it's when you have to "decode" them that it gets to be hard work and you just give up... well I do, anyway!

Matlock

"I hate txt speak....

Your...you're......

Grammar

Xxx

*claps* OK, you win the prize for coolest bloke posting on the thread! Like your style... "

Sorry couldn't help it the pedant in me just has to come out!

Intelligent men are a great turn on for me. I love to get messages that are carefully worded with correct spelling and grammar. Not always a sign of intelligence but a great start. I am aware that some have dyslexia - so do take that into account.

im an inteligent lady and i like an intelligent guy...the most intelligent guy i ever met here is a delivery driver so you should never write anyone off i really dont like text speak or the achronyms that abound on here just cant bring myself to use them ..but i know a lot of people do ...and the man in my life cant spell for toffees but he knows how to fly a plane (they must use a different part of the brain for thati guess?? ).just hope he can read the words on all the controls of his jumbo jet ..........

"Intelligence is sexy... yes to me it is ..... good brain not just a Dick is a real turn on to me. My spelling is crap but i do my best never did wright untill i come on sites like this . Why i love the forums xx jo xxx

The odd typo isn't a crime, and your posts are perfectly readable... as someone else posted, it's when you have to "decode" them that it gets to be hard work and you just give up... well I do, anyway! "

ooo i am starting to like you xxx lol i did a story here sizzling cock in forum on stories forum only way it got there was johns help , lol xxx but was not there 24/7 so my spelling in parts bad still.

"I hate txt speak....

Your...you're......

My bete noire: people that pull others up over their spelling. Why would you want to belittle someone in that way?!!

I can't stand text speak, and if someone contacts me and I can't decipher it I ignore it, as I've said, my attention span is that of a goldfish.

I remember one charmer I met for a social meet: God what a bore! He'd interupt me when I was talking with "double negative" or "split infinitive". He couldn't understand why I didn't want to meet him again!

"I think intelligence is very sexy but I find people who advertise their intelligence very unattractive

I think arrogance in any form is unattractive, but people with fabulous bodies show them off, ladies ''dress to impress'' we all like to advertise what we can do to some degree, there aren't many on here that could deny being at least a little exhibitionist. Its a tricky line to tread. When does one go from simply trying to demonstrate one has something up top to being a smart arse?

BUGGER!!!! shall I get me coat again???????

X "

You're not comparing like with like. If someone with a fabulous body came on the forums and started asking us ooompah lumpahs why we didn't take care of our temples, or someone if kinky play where started slating someone posing in the Laura Ashley they would be equally as unattractive as someone who likes to draw attention to their "intelligence" by belittling others.

Who wants to play with someone who would make you feel bad about yourself?!!

Matlock

"I hate txt speak....

Your...you're......

My bete noire: people that pull others up over their spelling. Why would you want to belittle someone in that way?!!

I can't stand text speak, and if someone contacts me and I can't decipher it I ignore it, as I've said, my attention span is that of a goldfish.

I remember one charmer I met for a social meet: God what a bore! He'd interupt me when I was talking with "double negative" or "split infinitive". He couldn't understand why I didn't want to meet him again! "

That kind of nitpicking is pretty unforgivable but I think the examples on here have been with a great deal of tongue in cheek and I would hope they have been taken as such.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Intelligence isn't just about spelling.

I like someone who will be able to hold a decent conversation with us both. Someone who uses vulgar or common language doesnt really float my boat.

Im not keen on those who correct spelling mistakes. It is a form of belittling someone. Most of us spell some words incorrectly. I myself, after having a long day at work, cannot be bothered to punctuate correctly.

You can go too far, there are those on forums who have swallowed the English Dictionary. You find this usually when they are trying to win an argument or discussion, the words get longer, it amuses me.

But overall its easy to gain an insight into someones intelligence by the way they post on a forum.

"I

"

I stated that I would never correct someone on their grammar or their spelling for that matter...so in what way am I belittling them???

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Yeah right on, poor spelling is a sure sign that someone will be shit company and shit in bed. When I want to take someone to bed they'd better have completed their syntax homework in preparation for our meet.

But then again it can be a bit of a 'put off' if .... if.... it's all text speak.

Are spelling mistakes in profiles and messages really a gauge of intelligence.... of course they are not. I sign of laziness may be, but intelligence... no.

I would be more likely to question the intelligence of a person who believed poor spelling means poor intelligence.

Steve Jobs - Founder of Apple Computers, CED of Apple and Pixar, the Academy Award-winning animation studio.

Erin Brockovitch - helped win a $333 million class action lawsuit that is the largest in U.S. history.

Thomas Edison - considered one of the most prolific inventors, holding a record 1,093 patents in his name.

Leonardo da Vinci

Lewis Carroll

Richard Branson

Henry Ford

Eddie Izzard

John F. Kennedy

Steven Spielberg.... and many more.... all dyslexic.

No you are not alone and I find it even more off-putting from someone of my age

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"Intelligence isn't just about spelling."

Damn, I should have gone for the shorter version.

I have Physics Higher grade.

Jesus I hope this makes me sexy, (in some kinda weird way)

xx peter

"Yeah right on, poor spelling is a sure sign that someone will be shit company and shit in bed. When I want to take someone to bed they'd better have completed their syntax homework in preparation for our meet.

But then again it can be a bit of a 'put off' if .... if.... it's all text speak.

Are spelling mistakes in profiles and messages really a gauge of intelligence.... of course they are not. I sign of laziness may be, but intelligence... no.

I would be more likely to question the intelligence of a person who believed poor spelling means poor intelligence.

Steve Jobs - Founder of Apple Computers, CED of Apple and Pixar, the Academy Award-winning animation studio.

Erin Brockovitch - helped win a $333 million class action lawsuit that is the largest in U.S. history.

Thomas Edison - considered one of the most prolific inventors, holding a record 1,093 patents in his name.

Leonardo da Vinci

Lewis Carroll

Richard Branson

Henry Ford

Eddie Izzard

John F. Kennedy

Steven Spielberg.... and many more.... all dyslexic.

"

Yeah, and day in and night out I get them sending me private messages... "check out the curves on my MacBuk", "Ummm, yeah... no... fuggin' e'll... Jammmm"... "I will shag n e 1 of n e colour as long as they're black"... "I'm going to put a man on the moun"...

I'm not meeting any of them... thick bastards!!!

"Intelligence is sexy... yes to me it is ..... good brain not just a Dick is a real turn on to me. My spelling is crap but i do my best never did wright untill i come on sites like this . Why i love the forums xx jo xxx

The odd typo isn't a crime, and your posts are perfectly readable... as someone else posted, it's when you have to "decode" them that it gets to be hard work and you just give up... well I do, anyway! ooo i am starting to like you xxx lol i did a story here sizzling cock in forum on stories forum only way it got there was johns help , lol xxx but was not there 24/7 so my spelling in parts bad still."

I'm going for a read then...

By *ensual temptressWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

what exactly has spelling and grammar got to do with intelligence ??? just because the grammar and spelling are correct ,that has no correlation to how intelligent that indervidual is! it only means that persons spelling and grammar are perfect . albert einstine was weak at basic maths and couldnt exspress himself in writting !! winston churchill was awfull at school and had learning difficulties .richard branson agatha christie and tom cruise all dyslexic !

my spelling can be very "creative" ,does it mean im not intelligent ??? no, i just that my weakness is spelling ! it was good enough for "o" level pass(yes showing age here lol !!) so really dont see it as an issue here and certainly dont require for my messages to be graded to see if they pass muster lol !

yes i agree about txt speak ,and making an effort to compose a eloquent message when contacting a person . however ,if the txt and one liners work for people then who am i to pass judgement ! if you dont like a message for what ever reason , you can just choose to delete without answer and move on .

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Intelligence isn't just about spelling.

Damn, I should have gone for the shorter version."

By *entadreadMan  over a year ago

Essex

Oh cruel world! I should have paid attention during English composition and Comprehension instead of hoping against hope that the Miss Daisy Whittle would invite me to her house for the night.

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

Winston Churchill,

Albert Einstein,

also dyslexic.

just as well they're dead.they would be gutted,to think a meet with justin,was out of the question.

"No, if I tell you I would have to kill you!!

Can't you just torture me a little?... "

gladly

"Oh cruel world! I should have paid attention during English composition and Comprehension instead of hoping against hope that the Miss Daisy Whittle would invite me to her house for the night. "

You called?

"Intelligent men are a great turn on for me. I love to get messages that are carefully worded with correct spelling and grammar. Not always a sign of intelligence but a great start. I am aware that some have dyslexia - so do take that into account. "

plus one

Essex

"Oh cruel world! I should have paid attention during English composition and Comprehension instead of hoping against hope that the Miss Daisy Whittle would invite me to her house for the night.

You called?"

It is you, I thought I recognised the fab body. Even more cruel, I am going to wake up from this sweet dream.

Double negatives don't make a positive the same as two positives don't make a negative. Are you getting this?

Aye, right....

"Winston Churchill,

Albert Einstein,

also dyslexic.

just as well they're dead.they would be gutted,to think a meet with justin,was out of the question.

"

OK, well I threw it out there for discussion... certain people are going to get riled by it, other people have observed that the discussion isn't po-faced...

Why would I want to meet with either a fat politician or a scientist... and as mentioned, they're dead.

I don't have a problem with people that have learning difficulties... just people that don't take any care, put any effort in or have some kind of weird aversion to spelling things correctly.

Each to their own...

"Oh cruel world! I should have paid attention during English composition and Comprehension instead of hoping against hope that the Miss Daisy Whittle would invite me to her house for the night.

You called?

It is you, I thought I recognised the fab body. Even more cruel, I am going to wake up from this sweet dream. "

Not if Daisy can help it... have some more lettuce its very soporific ....

Essex

You called?

It is you, I thought I recognised the fab body. Even more cruel, I am going to wake up from this sweet dream.

Not if Daisy can help it... have some more lettuce its very soporific .... "

too late, am already drugged by your beauty...

The odd typo isn't a crime, and your posts are perfectly readable... as someone else posted, it's when you have to "decode" them that it gets to be hard work and you just give up... well I do, anyway! "

A typos is very distinct from a spelling mistake. Typos are obvious if an an adjacent letter on the keyboard is pressed by the assigned finger that can only press down on those letters during touch typing. Grammer was therefore not a typo because the little finger operates the a q ad z the letter e is pressed by the middle finger and is on the line above the letter a therefore, Doctor Watson we must conclude that those typing grammer instead of grammar are making a spelling error and not a typo. E

Even if you type one fingered you have to seek out the desired letters to make that word and I would have thought.

As Eric Morecambe responded to Andrew Previn when if he could read the notes on the sheet music for their piano duet..

Yes I can Mr Previn..... but not necessarily in the same order

PS I rarely proof read before I hit send because what I write comes straight from the heart. I just read the post afterwards and think you careless wench...

You called?

too late, am already drugged by your beauty... "

Why sir, you flatter me (waves fan, drops handkerchief) come let us walk*.

Note* the letter L is not depressed with the same finger as the letter N

"PS I rarely proof read before I hit send because what I write comes straight from the heart. I just read the post afterwards and think you careless wench..."

Love it!!!

"PS I rarely proof read before I hit send because what I write comes straight from the heart. I just read the post afterwards and think you careless wench..."
i do same thing all the time ..... think god why did i not see my crap spelling and its to late , xx

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

intelligence up to a point...

I have always believed there are two types of "smarts"... people who are "academically savvy" and those that are "steet savvy"

I always say my sister was always the academically smart one.... she could have breezed into university if that is what she wanted to do....

I was always the scrapper where I had to work and work to where I wanted to be, and got told enough times I wouldn't get there.... and that is what drove me on....

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

If i had known i was going to end up on a swingers site i would of taken A level english language instead of English literature

Essex

You called?

Note* the letter L is not depressed with the same finger as the letter N"

Picking said handkerchief, I presume this is yours madam, bowing gracefully.

Allow me to take your hand.

Note* the bow was an excuse to take a closer look at your legs.

You called?

Note* the bow was an excuse to take a closer look at your legs. "

Blowing like Nellie the Elephant on the little linen square she said.... wake up theres dreaming aobut how you imagine my legs and then there are my actual legs. Another rude awakening for Daisy Wannabe

Essex

You called?

Note* the bow was an excuse to take a closer look at your legs.

Blowing like Nellie the Elephant on the little linen square she said.... wake up theres dreaming aobut how you imagine my legs and then there are my actual legs. Another rude awakening for Daisy Wannabe "

Far from it, I have just seen the legs of a goddess, allow me to pay homage..

By *obblybitsCouple  over a year ago

huddersfield

I get the feeling the posts like this are referring to wanting more meets rather than what the poster is saying in their first post.

most of you know my grammar and spelling are abysmal yet im two years in to a degree but even before then my intelligence had nothing at all to do with spelling or grammar.

I do not like text speak as I have trouble enough with understanding english never mind another complete other set of words/numbers to learn.

and no I do not proof read I bearly have time to type let alone read and re-right

Text speak is a total turn off to me. Reminds me of teenagers.

Text speak do my head in, along with bad spelling and grammar.

"I think intelligence is very sexy but I find people who advertise their intelligence very unattractive"

Spot on!!!

"I think intelligence is very sexy but I find people who advertise their intelligence very unattractive

Spot on!!! "

For Sale. My Intelligence. Used only once.Slight wear and tear. Bargain at £1.50 Can deliver locally.

By *ittlemorespiceCouple  over a year ago

North Cornwall

Prefer to meet intelligent guys who are confident and interesting (spare a thought for those who struggle with spelling for legitimate reasons other than laziness).......unless a guy is absolutely gorgeous....then all bets are off he he. Shallow much....sorry

Intelligence is sexy yes but not exactly up there with a great pair of tits ! lol

ive always found the net as not the place for proppa! engerlish

its the net

and the way i type on the net - the way i sentance - the way i prose - well would maybe shock if i could show the qualifications to contradict

but good grammar - good type - is for the bbc websites - for forums - its the internet - you want to write well - do it right - print it - push it publish it!

txt spk iz annoyingz & mxd symbol tosh 4 u to rds fasterz - is annoying yeah

but the internet i think is a place especially in forums with its mistypes and spellings it grows into another form away from proper use

it mixes people with lower grasps of the language to txt speakers - and forums are where this all transpires

arguing because someone doesnt full stop or comma and apostrophe properly on a forum is just being a bit of a dick to be fair

that would be fair on an english forum - a writers forum -

but all this is chatter - and it is a new evolving world of communication that wont always match our expectations and wishes

and people are also dyslexic and some cant type well

and we have graphics

all adding a new realm to expression that you would never expect in a novel or a book

"Intelligence is sexy yes but not exactly up there with a great pair of tits ! lol "

You been drinking kia-ora again?

"Intelligence is sexy yes but not exactly up there with a great pair of tits ! lol

You been drinking kia-ora again?"

Yep, i'm off the um-bongo

I agree,I think firstly it must be the mind that is aroused before the body can be,I find text talk on a profile or message quite annoying and lazy too

"Intelligence is sexy yes but not exactly up there with a great pair of tits ! lol

Yep, i'm off the um-bongo "

I think that drinking it only in the Congo was very limiting.

Yep, i'm off the um-bongo

I think that drinking it only in the Congo was very limiting."

I'm saying nowt about my python and the passion fruit !

Matlock

"what exactly has spelling and grammar got to do with intelligence ??? just because the grammar and spelling are correct ,that has no correlation to how intelligent that indervidual is! it only means that persons spelling and grammar are perfect . albert einstine was weak at basic maths and couldnt exspress himself in writting !! winston churchill was awfull at school and had learning difficulties .richard branson agatha christie and tom cruise all dyslexic !

my spelling can be very "creative" ,does it mean im not intelligent ??? no, i just that my weakness is spelling ! it was good enough for "o" level pass(yes showing age here lol !!) so really dont see it as an issue here and certainly dont require for my messages to be graded to see if they pass muster lol !

yes i agree about txt speak ,and making an effort to compose a eloquent message when contacting a person . however ,if the txt and one liners work for people then who am i to pass judgement ! if you dont like a message for what ever reason , you can just choose to delete without answer and move on . "

I think that perhaps what the original poster may have been touching on is that the way we write is often a good indicator of how we think. If you can get in tune with the way a persons brain works sexually then I believe it really lights the blue touch paper. In my opinion it is the thought behind the writing rather than the technical merit that counts, though often the two do go together.

personally I cant stand grammar-nazis, the mere suggestion that someone is below u just fucks me right off, despite someone having a perfect usage of the english language it really doesn't show me that they are either worth meeting or worth responding to- while I applaud the need for most people to recieve interesting and creative types of people, I also applaud those that can hang up such ridiculous notions of what it actually means to be intelligent.

This is all getting rather serious isn't it?

Matlock

Thats what I thought!

"This is all getting rather serious isn't it?

"

lol well am off for a wank. altho when Im in chat I use words like ur,lol and mainly mmmm cos i can only use one hand.Of course itll be great to see how quick witted and grammar skilled some of the people will be when they come for this forum chatroom day lol

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Oiled up and brought to my tent works for me..."

Have plenty of oil and a tent.....

Have plenty of oil and a tent..... "

I have plenty of tent and a oil....

Matlock

I have plenty of tent and a oil...."

Should that be an oil????

lololololol

lololololol

"

sorry I meanted a oils!!!!!!!!

Matlock

lololololol

sorry I meanted a oils!!!!!!!!"

Ah s'orreyt then

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

"Winston Churchill,

Albert Einstein,

also dyslexic.

OK, well I threw it out there for discussion... certain people are going to get riled by it, other people have observed that the discussion isn't po-faced...

Why would I want to meet with either a fat politician or a scientist... and as mentioned, they're dead.

I don't have a problem with people that have learning difficulties... just people that don't take any care, put any effort in or have some kind of weird aversion to spelling things correctly.

Each to their own... "

easy justin,you put it out there,i merely gave my view on it.

i would also say,in your original post.

you intimated,spelling and grammar,were intregal,to being intelligent.no offence,but i would have to question,the intelligence of someone who held this view.

once more,i have to thank god,the fat politician,and the scientist,are dead.

for i fear,they would have reason,to feel even more offended.

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

intelligence ... am i wrong but are most people if not all, intelligent in their own right, we all have knowledge of some subjects that others may find rather boring, i for one am not a good speller and my grammer isnt the greatest. yes in forums i tend not to use text but in chat room i do as sometimes its that fast, and im not a fast typer. personally i find it insulting people correcting other peoples spelling mistakes. this is only my opinion

By *oveshell74Man  over a year ago

ealing

I've got a masters degree and a very verbose profile but it stil hasn't help me meet anyone or get verified so far.

My intelligence is beaten by wit and charm every time.

By *andy muncherMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

"I've got a masters degree and a very verbose profile but it stil hasn't help me meet anyone or get verified so far.

My intelligence is beaten by wit and charm every time. "

and its same as being nice they only want one thing sex

Adding our little bit...

A while ago we got chatting to a guy on a site similar to this one. The typed words he sent were very intellectual and clever. We were quite impressed.

We arranged to meet him for a drink as to see if we all 'clicked' and were greeted by someone that couldn't string more than two words together face to face. It was a very painful hour trying to extract a personality out of this 'keyboard king'

Needless to say we left it there and never met him again.

Personality is what does it for us, not word perfect grammar.

Matlock

"Adding our little bit...

A while ago we got chatting to a guy on a site similar to this one. The typed words he sent were very intellectual and clever. We were quite impressed.

We arranged to meet him for a drink as to see if we all 'clicked' and were greeted by someone that couldn't string more than two words together face to face. It was a very painful hour trying to extract a personality out of this 'keyboard king'

Needless to say we left it there and never met him again.

Personality is what does it for us, not word perfect grammar.

"

Well to quote Samuel L Jackson, personality goes a long way.

"intelligence ... am i wrong but are most people if not all, intelligent in their own right, we all have knowledge of some subjects that others may find rather boring, i for one am not a good speller and my grammer isnt the greatest. yes in forums i tend not to use text but in chat room i do as sometimes its that fast, and im not a fast typer. personally i find it insulting people correcting other peoples spelling mistakes. this is only my opinion "

No you're not mistaken. I feel like that too. One persons different interest does not make them any less intelligent than those with formal qualifications and academic awards. But I wouldn't undermine anyones achievements. I just wouldn't feel inferior, as some do. Some people can't accept any aspect of achievement in others lives. If they are that envious they need to go an enhance their lives not bring down others.

I belong to a quizzing group and one of the 'eggs' on an opposing team got onto Who Wants to Be A Millionaire. I jokingly asked if he wanted me to be his phone a friend. He laughed and said he didnt need my kind of knowledge. He certainly did when his £125,000 question was 'What is the christian name of Parker, Lady Penelope's chauffeur in Thunderbirds?"

I got an email from him after the programme was aired. It just said "I know, I know". I could have crowed - but whats the point?

Intelligence is being able to communicate and adhere yourself to others because of it, not to alienate them or to big yourself up all of the time. That often repels.

When I have received sarcastic comments on these threads I could blow them out of the water with a really cutting smartarse reply - but then people only see the retort and not the cause of it.

Instigators who promote their own pseudo intelligence or spiteful comments just show themselves up and look extremely unintelligent when you leave their nasty comment hanging in the air.

I am very wary of who I banter with as it can come across as cheeky not intelligent. I have missed the mark several times but I learn from my mistakes.

"When I have received sarcastic comments on these threads I could blow them out of the water with a really cutting smartarse reply - but then people only see the retort and not the cause of it. "

Oh isn't that the truth...very tempting though on occasions!

"Intelligence isn't just about spelling."

Agrees with Rugger [still is out for her ] my Monster speaks several languages but is down to earth, never belittles me as when I was at school teachers union decided to make a hash of our lives with strikes... Love men and women who can hold a nice chat .. think brain and sex are such a turn on..hmmmm H.

"intelligence ... am i wrong but are most people if not all, intelligent in their own right, we all have knowledge of some subjects that others may find rather boring, i for one am not a good speller and my grammer isnt the greatest. yes in forums i tend not to use text but in chat room i do as sometimes its that fast, and im not a fast typer. personally i find it insulting people correcting other peoples spelling mistakes. this is only my opinion

No you're not mistaken. I feel like that too. One persons different interest does not make them any less intelligent than those with formal qualifications and academic awards. But I wouldn't undermine anyones achievements. I just wouldn't feel inferior, as some do. Some people can't accept any aspect of achievement in others lives. If they are that envious they need to go an enhance their lives not bring down others.

I belong to a quizzing group and one of the 'eggs' on an opposing team got onto Who Wants to Be A Millionaire. I jokingly asked if he wanted me to be his phone a friend. He laughed and said he didnt need my kind of knowledge. He certainly did when his £125,000 question was 'What is the christian name of Parker, Lady Penelope's chauffeur in Thunderbirds?"

I got an email from him after the programme was aired. It just said "I know, I know". I could have crowed - but whats the point?

Intelligence is being able to communicate and adhere yourself to others because of it, not to alienate them or to big yourself up all of the time. That often repels.

When I have received sarcastic comments on these threads I could blow them out of the water with a really cutting smartarse reply - but then people only see the retort and not the cause of it.

Instigators who promote their own pseudo intelligence or spiteful comments just show themselves up and look extremely unintelligent when you leave their nasty comment hanging in the air.

I am very wary of who I banter with as it can come across as cheeky not intelligent. I have missed the mark several times but I learn from my mistakes."

What is his name??

[Removed by poster at 20/04/11 16:39:09]

oops requoted all that you just need an answer!

Its Aloysius and his full title in the series is Aloysius Nosy Parker. Former safecracker and notorious rogue.

Some ability with written English is important - I've seen posts where I can't figure out exactly what someone's saying because of lack of punctuation or using the wrong word (spell checkers have got a lot to answer for with 'their', 'there' etc). I wouldn't ignore a post just because it's got a few typos but I do find reading txt speak very difficult so usually pass over it (I can't even text in txt - an age thing? Work in IT so it's not the technology). In most cases it's what's said, not how it's said that makes me want to know more about someone on a forum but there are times when if a post is poorly written I'm just too tired to put the effort in to figure it out. Probably my loss! Actually the only bad meets we've had have been when we took a chance on someone whose messages didn't have a spark and, to be honest, we got what we should have expected - conversation was virtually nil and we got home very early after meeting for a drink.

Mrs R

Surely it's far hornier to receive words that are suggestive, slippery and seductive than just "hi luv, wot r u doin wiv yr nite?";;

No your not alone

Thank you x"

Or it could be a case of just relaxing lol

I excelled in both language and literature but when i come on the forums etc i just cant be arsed

Im here fa fun not serious xx

See me. I'm dead intelligent me. I'm so intelligent people say I have a huge brain. Which I have. However, I am not unlike many other men whose brains are reportedly in their willies. As our American cousins might say 'Do the math'

In my dreams

Matlock

"See me. I'm dead intelligent me. I'm so intelligent people say I have a huge brain. Which I have. However, I am not unlike many other men whose brains are reportedly in their willies. As our American cousins might say 'Do the math' "

always a gem!

Spot on

» Add a new message to this topic