FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > rejection, how do u handle it

rejection, how do u handle it

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Tonight we was out with some vanilla friends. Which great meal and drinks ( well ) as I'm on call

A guy came up chatting as you do and asked me out for a "date" I was flattered of course who wouldn't be, but I turned him down explaining I wasn't looking for a date etc. Which he replied. "U should say yes" I said no thanks I'm not interested. He replied calling me a whore lol

Made me think about rejection

So rejection how do u handle it? Vanilla or swinging

X

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What a bell-end.

I've never really been rejected because I never try to chat people up. Much safer

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

Never chatted anyone up an been rejected so dont know...

But if a guy did that to me...I would laugh at him, agree with him, tell him he couldnt even pull a whore...and then walk away

lol thats fantastic

your a whore - meaning you pump everybody - so the slur whore wouldnt really befit you after you turning down such a stud

oh dear - tickles me - im sorry its not nice - what tickles me is just that bizarre attitude of adonis like confidence that has no merit to reality

he should take a leaf form the wrold of hip hop

the definition of a ho and a bitch

a ho fucks everybody

a bitch fucks everybody but you!

so you should have corrected him and said actually im not a whore im a bitch - ta very much

We get turned down, as I suppose a lot of you do on here.

We just forget about it and move on. Just don't think it's worth dwelling on about it.

Of course, we reject people too, and hope they feel the same way, and can move on too

We've been together for 30yrs and both of us were just out of relationships where we were dumped, so I suppose we didn't really have time to feel too dejected

Made us all laugh for ages

When we went I actually said loud enough 4 the place to hear

He was that small we needed a mircoscope to see it

His mates was ribbing him after

Made us all laugh for ages

When we went I actually said loud enough 4 the place to hear

He was that small we needed a mircoscope to see it

His mates was ribbing him after

By *oupleup4funCouple  over a year ago

Ashton

Everyone will at some point get turned down, I am sure Bad and Angie would by a ego hunter, but as the end of the day, not everyone is right for everyone ..

PS we dont care if we do...

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

As others have said i dont chat people up but if i did i hope i could just smile and walk away

being rejected doesn't automatically give them a licence to be rude, it costs nothing to be polite, it's down to their attitude.

i don't really approach ladies, i let them chase after me

well you cant like everyone xx you can be nice still but thats it x say sorry lovely asking me but cant xx

I just politley reply with a thank you for letting me know anyway and send my best wishes.

rejections just something you have to deal with

Noones for everyone and we all know that so why get peed off if someone say no thanks and im sure we have all said no thanks to others

To be honest i dont really get a great deal of rejection simply because i never make the first move on people, on here, in clubs or vanilla life, everyone i meet or play with have approched me first so they not likely to turn me down when its them who asked me

But it has happened in the past, but i say no thanks to enough people so what gives me the rights to get stroppy at someone for doing what i do?

Rather than inserting and then removing various items from my fundament as directed I prefer to reply with a cheery "I take it that's a 'no' then"

By *andy muncherMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

Rejection can be the worst thing in the world but there are different levels ,i dont chat up in bars and the same goes on here i like to get to know peeps and when you think you have come across the right person its when rejection comes then it hurts you move on you have to and isnt life full of ups and downs and on fab there are highs and lows ,Dont you just life one door closes another opens

I am aware I am not everyone's cup of tea, therefore, I would move on as quickly as I can.

Plenty more fish in the sea etc...

By *ohjaneCouple  over a year ago

south staffs

We would wish for some people to be more forthcoming in their communications. A straight forward " I am not / no longer interested" would go down much better than 4 weeks of non-communication, not answering mails, or just deleting their profile !

We always send a polite no thanks to mails, just so we all know where we stand.

Jane x

Have to say i would imagine how your rejected would also depend on your response. If your nice to someone and they told you to fuck of or laughed at you or mocked you that wouldnt do someones ego much good

By *empnbunkCouple  over a year ago

south coast

always found Rohypnol to work wonders....

By *anny PepperoniMan  over a year ago

Matlock

"Rejection can be the worst thing in the world but there are different levels ,i dont chat up in bars and the same goes on here i like to get to know peeps and when you think you have come across the right person its when rejection comes then it hurts you move on you have to and isnt life full of ups and downs and on fab there are highs and lows ,Dont you just life one door closes another opens "

I'm finding it more like as one door closes another slams in your face ! But i'm stil smiling......... I think!!!

Matlock

"We would wish for some people to be more forthcoming in their communications. A straight forward " I am not / no longer interested" would go down much better than 4 weeks of non-communication, not answering mails, or just deleting their profile !

Jane x"

Yeah I said the same thing a couple of days ago and was told in no uncertain terms that it takes too long to reply to everyone! I think its just idle and ill mannered. Takes no time to paste a sorry no thanks x into the definite nonos and everyone knows where they stand or is let down a little easier

"We would wish for some people to be more forthcoming in their communications. A straight forward " I am not / no longer interested" would go down much better than 4 weeks of non-communication, not answering mails, or just deleting their profile !

Jane x

Yeah I said the same thing a couple of days ago and was told in no uncertain terms that it takes too long to reply to everyone! I think its just idle and ill mannered. Takes no time to paste a sorry no thanks x into the definite nonos and everyone knows where they stand or is let down a little easier"

well with an attitude like that no wonder your not getting anywhere. Maybe some people have better things to do than reply to people they dont want to meet

Matlock

Jane x

Yeah I said the same thing a couple of days ago and was told in no uncertain terms that it takes too long to reply to everyone! I think its just idle and ill mannered. Takes no time to paste a sorry no thanks x into the definite nonos and everyone knows where they stand or is let down a little easier

well with an attitude like that no wonder your not getting anywhere. Maybe some people have better things to do than reply to people they dont want to meet"

Ooooooooooerrrr Blimey! tough crowd tonight!

Matlock

Jane x

well with an attitude like that no wonder your not getting anywhere. Maybe some people have better things to do than reply to people they dont want to meet"

And who says I'm not getting anywhere? I'm doing well enough thanks, after all I didn't think its a who gets most shags competition site. Manners cost nothing is all I was saying.

I agree there danny xxxx

I am aways polite even when rejecting someone. Until I have to fight mu corner

On here I won't reply to people who don't match it via message and chatrooms ill tell them straight

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

i dont get rejected cos am too shy to approach people

and i dont get to reject people cos no one asks me out on dates

it's not an insult, it is a matter of taste an no point in getting het up about it

you have to accept that you are not always going to be seen as attractive to those who you find attractive

my other half despite being gym fit himself only finds chubby men attractive - he would balk at another fit guy trying it on with him

and that's what i say, it's all just subjective !

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I am not backwards at being forwards... if I see someone I like at a club or a party I'm quite happy to go up and make it known. Over the years I have experienced being on the receiving end of a 'no thanks' a few times.... and in all honestly I didn't think anything much about it. They have the same right to choose as I do.

I tend to find the people who take rejection the worst are the people who have a low opinion of you/your appearance and think they are doing to a favour.... so the deal must be in the bag.

"Rejection can be the worst thing in the world"

Oh do get a grip and some perspective!

I'm sure everyone reading this can come up with something worst than being told "no thanks!"

"

I tend to find the people who take rejection the worst are the people who have a low opinion of you/your appearance and think they are doing to a favour.... so the deal must be in the bag."

I agree there. The guy must have thought "she's big and won't say no"

I know my taste in men

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Tonight we was out with some vanilla friends. Which great meal and drinks ( well ) as I'm on call

A guy came up chatting as you do and asked me out for a "date" I was flattered of course who wouldn't be, but I turned him down explaining I wasn't looking for a date etc. Which he replied. "U should say yes" I said no thanks I'm not interested. He replied calling me a whore lol

X "

That happened in a pub? wow, some nasty people near you.

"Rejection can be the worst thing in the world

I'm sure everyone reading this can come up with something worst than being told "no thanks!" "

Paying a bill tops rejection for me

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I'm sure everyone reading this can come up with something worst than being told "no thanks!" "

Being poked in the eye

Stubbing your toe

Being told “sorry we don’t have those shoes in your size”

Just fancying a bowl of cereal and finding out there’s no milk

Accidentally treading on a frog and squishing it

The air-conditioning breaking in your car

A flat tyre on the A34

Tesco’s Chinese Style Curry Sauce…. it’s rank!

Finding skids in your playmates boxers

Having a filling

Cleaning the outside drains

Poking a nail through a new pair of hold-ups

Finding a dead fish in the pond

Earwigs

Finding out the new pack of loo roll is still downstairs, after the point of no return.

A puncture in your double airbed

Paper cuts

A leaky shampoo bottle in your shopping bag

Being on Jeremy Kyle

Blisters

Smudging your nail varnish before it has dried

Bird shit on your car

Cramp

Burnt (sorry I mean incinerated) BBQ food

Running out of toothpaste

Someone telling you the plot of a film as you are watching it

To name but a few.

I'm sure everyone reading this can come up with something worst than being told "no thanks!"

Being poked in the eye

Stubbing your toe

Being told “sorry we don’t have those shoes in your size”

Just fancying a bowl of cereal and finding out there’s no milk

Accidentally treading on a frog and squishing it

The air-conditioning breaking in your car

A flat tyre on the A34

Tesco’s Chinese Style Curry Sauce…. it’s rank!

Finding skids in your playmates boxers

Having a filling

Cleaning the outside drains

Poking a nail through a new pair of hold-ups

Finding a dead fish in the pond

Earwigs

Finding out the new pack of loo roll is still downstairs, after the point of no return.

A puncture in your double airbed

Paper cuts

A leaky shampoo bottle in your shopping bag

Being on Jeremy Kyle

Blisters

Smudging your nail varnish before it has dried

Bird shit on your car

Cramp

Burnt (sorry I mean incinerated) BBQ food

Running out of toothpaste

Someone telling you the plot of a film as you are watching it

To name but a few."

...see: perspective!

By *rownsuga1982Man  over a year ago

leicester

"What a bell-end.

I've never really been rejected because I never try to chat people up. Much safer "

is it it becuase u are yummy

"Tonight we was out with some vanilla friends. Which great meal and drinks ( well ) as I'm on call

X

That happened in a pub? wow, some nasty people near you."

Its the era some have manners some don't!

Doesn't bother me as I said no lol

Just made me think

Matlock

"I agree there danny xxxx

"

Thank you

X

FFS I can't understand people who would react in such a way, what gives them the right to force their wants and opinions over others that the have only just met. I say "only just met" as I appreciate in some S&M relationships it is something that both parties enjoy.

If a lass or couple say no to me I take it graciously and while I don't run away with my tail between my legs I will be polite and not ignore them just for that.

Bring back National Service that used instill a bit of respect for others in folk lol

By *untimes11Man  over a year ago

cardiff

Rejection sucks, but it's all part of being a man in the dating game.

I think it gets easier as men get older or at least it has for me, because the older i get, the less i care about what someone who hardly knows me thinks about me. Besides, until i know someone well i have no idea whetherer she's a full on fruitcake bunny boiler or a decent woman worth having in my life. Quite often a rejection may be a blessing in disguise

You can't be to everyone's taste..

Everyone gets knocked back from time to time,it's part of the game.

Though we have had people get really offended when we have said a polite no thanks in clubs

"Rejection sucks, but it's all part of being a man in the dating game.

I think it gets easier as men get older or at least it has for me, because the older i get, the less i care about what someone who hardly knows me thinks about me. Besides, until i know someone well i have no idea whetherer she's a full on fruitcake bunny boiler or a decent woman worth having in my life. Quite often a rejection may be a blessing in disguise "

Oooooo hark at you! Good for you turning a negative into a positive!

By *oDownEasyMan  over a year ago

Ayrshire

I get rejected here, a lot, as I suspect will most blokes. Its always nice to receive a short "no thanks" e mail, but I know people can be swamped, so it's no big deal at all if I dont.

I would never in a million years dream of sending a nasty e mail if I was told no. I cant seE why anyone would be that uptight about it, or so far up themselves, to do so. Just man up & move on those losers!

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

i stamp my feet , scream and shout, demand to know why dont you like me? why wont you meet me?? why???

lol only joking, everyone has their own personal taste and requirements, deal with it and move on. we arnt for everyone as some arnt for us. simple really

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

The way you handle rejection says a lot about yourself and you own stuff, your insecurities... as some have stated, nobody can be liked by everybody... so I take a rejection in that spirit and move on

By *untimes11Man  over a year ago

cardiff

"Oooooo hark at you! Good for you turning a negative into a positive! "

lol, well i've been doing well lately so i'm quite satisfied in terms of my sexual needs. I'm sure i'm pretty capable of turning into a full on grump given the right (or wrong) circumstances.

I've been thinking about this today and it made me realise that all men have a sort of pain threshold when it comes to being rejected by women. There's usually X amount of times it can happen to a bloke before they either vent or go home, sulk, write bad poetry and become a goth.

The threshold can vary from person to person but it also depends on whats happened to him romantically. Ie. If he's recently been dumped by his girlfriend, his pain threshold for rejection is going to be be a lot lower than say, a guy who's got a regular fuck buddy.

Thing is though, i strongly believe that a man needs to go through X amount of rejections by women before finding someone for a relationship. It's a bit like training for a sport and getting subtley stronger each time you go through a pain barrier. Eventually everything magically falls into place and you get to where you want to be.

By *ausage and sizzleCouple  over a year ago

Barnstaple

We handle with a shrug and "oh well, ...NEXT!" However, there are a few on Fab, usually the bloke of couple who have insisted on knowing why we've said no and who it was that put us off? Which is a really unfair question and not one we are going to answer.

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

"We handle with a shrug and "oh well, ...NEXT!" However, there are a few on Fab, usually the bloke of couple who have insisted on knowing why we've said no and who it was that put us off? Which is a really unfair question and not one we are going to answer.

"

that is an unfair question.. thankfully we have come across that x

I don't give reasons on here. I haven't got to!!

Its my life my decision

By *aravancoupleMan  over a year ago

A Secret Hideaway In the caravan of love

We handle it very well,as we know that we are not everyones cup of tea.

i hope you threw your drink all over him.

what an arsehole.

"i hope you threw your drink all over him.

what an arsehole."

Wouldn't waste good wine over someone's head.

By *empnbunkCouple  over a year ago

south coast

rejection is all just part of life...dust yourself down forget about it and move on

what an arsehole.

Wouldn't waste good wine over someone's head. "

this is true. but id of had a word with him if i was there.

unacceptable way to talk to a woman.

what an arsehole.

Wouldn't waste good wine over someone's head.

this is true. but id of had a word with him if i was there.

unacceptable way to talk to a woman."

Nowdays its classed as the norm. I wonder if I'd be a whore if I did say yes lol

As soon as you start taking rejection to heart, is the day you should give up! Whether in everyday life situations or, in the swinging world, you simply cannot be 'everyones cup of tea'! I always move on, with a smile still on my face & continue to enjoy myself! If it's not Fun, then it's not worth it!

I guess its rare for a bloke to reject a woman chatting him up ???

If he was and he rejected would she call him a gigolo ??? Just a thought...

By *arkstaffsMan  over a year ago

Rugeley

Well he was obviously a right pillock. Must have been past his bedtime. Being told by someone that they arnt interested in a date/meeting/play or whatever is part of life, no need to react by using pathetic insults.

Manners cost nothing whatsoever and bring a more pleasant world.

If I reject on here I say no thanks. In a pubic place I say no thanks

I think as I'm big he thought I needed a pity date (as if)

Yet today in the pub by the beach I was given a compliment which made me blush and he was a generally nice bloke

» Add a new message to this topic