FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Is a cam essential on Fab for success?

Is a cam essential on Fab for success?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I don`t have a cam, would many of you be put off from mailing me because of this?

Should i go out and buy one, only been on here a week.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

for me...cam is essential and will not bover my ass until i have seen on cam

"I don`t have a cam, would many of you be put off from mailing me because of this?

Should i go out and buy one, only been on here a week. "

awww sweety single guys dont really get mail...dont worry you will grasp it...welcome btw xxxxx

Looks like i better get one then, so i start meeting some of you strange and wonderful people.

Not essential- but patience and thick skin are though!

"Not essential- but patience and thick skin are though!"

patience why waste time when u wanna fook each others brains out? better to see b4 you try

By *it of fun cplCouple  over a year ago

village between York and Hull

Never use one on here or Msn and still do ok.. If you have face pics and a decent profile we find that enough

"Not essential- but patience and thick skin are though!"

Patience is a virtue, i`m finding that out I`ll stick at it. Nice guys finish first." Oh no thats last isn`t it.lol

i never meet without on cam first cos u dont know who u could be meeting, we can all fake pics

"i never meet without on cam first cos u dont know who u could be meeting, we can all fake pics"

Me aside, if I was faking pics I wouldn't use the ones I've got.

i don't have a cam and i haven't done badly! And I do get mail off couples and women. Actually, thats not true, I have one on laptop, just no bloody internet access apart from on phone!

I think if you can post decent, clear and genuine face pictures that can help.

Then again, £30 for a decent cam. Not a great deal of dosh either!

"

Me aside, if I was faking pics I wouldn't use the ones I've got."

Hee hee. Love it!

Never cammed with anyone ever.... Makes no difference..

We seem to have been ok.. We don't even MSN....

Happily phone and meet.. and if people think its too much hassle.. so what, wasn't meant to be then really eh..

Be yourself, get known.. be nice polite respectful.. ( ) and you'll soon get known..

"Never cammed with anyone ever.... Makes no difference..

Happily phone and meet.. and if people think its too much hassle.. so what, wasn't meant to be then really eh..

Be yourself, get known.. be nice polite respectful.. ( ) and you'll soon get known..

"

Thats what i thought, there`s nothing better than the good old fashioned telephone

Don't make a ha'peth of difference to us if anyone has a cam or not, don't give a fig about the 'essential' phone call either.

We take folks at face value, which means a read of their profile and a couple of messages......

If we get to meet - great, if we don't or they don't turn up, it's tough, but we won't remain awake all night worrying over it.

problem is that too many folks take this game all too seriously - it's a bit of fun and I wish they would stop trying to make it so sterile - Tick boxes for this, tick boxes for that, search functions for the other .. "can we have a search that includes this but excludes the other ?"

Grrrrr - sorry did I wander of topic ? I do apologise.

No a cam, to us, is not essential - however a condom is !

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Being a female who meets on her own i always like cam verification to prove the person is who they say they are. Cams are dirt cheap these days. I rarely use cam except when verifingxkarenx

Thats what i thought, there`s nothing better than the good old fashioned telephone"

hmmmmmmm and how do you know that they aint old pics? and that they are the person they say they are? cams never lie

"Don't make a ha'peth of difference to us if anyone has a cam or not, don't give a fig about the 'essential' phone call either.

We take folks at face value, which means a read of their profile and a couple of messages......

If we get to meet - great, if we don't or they don't turn up, it's tough, but we won't remain awake all night worrying over it.

problem is that too many folks take this game all too seriously - it's a bit of fun and I wish they would stop trying to make it so sterile - Tick boxes for this, tick boxes for that, search functions for the other .. "can we have a search that includes this but excludes the other ?"

No a cam, to us, is not essential - however a condom is ! "

yeah, condamgoes without saying for me.

Yes, some folk insist on camming before meeting but it certainly isn't essential, that's for sure.

With some people it's another of the hoops that they like to make us guys jump through! To be honest, once you've been around here for a wee while you'll realise that there are folk here who are a bit more down to earth and don't need verification of the fact that you've got a mole on your left buttock, etc etc etc!!

The big thing really is PATIENCE!!

Thats what i thought, there`s nothing better than the good old fashioned telephone

hmmmmmmm and how do you know that they aint old pics? and that they are the person they say they are? cams never lie "

Never gone much by Pics anyway...

Honest, more how they are.. ok if they turned up and looked so different then maybe slightly miffed.. but to date even those who have been older.. really made no difference.. Nice is nice is nice...

Wow, some enlightened, folk at last!! lol

"Don't make a ha'peth of difference to us if anyone has a cam or not, don't give a fig about the 'essential' phone call either.

No a cam, to us, is not essential - however a condom is ! "

Same as you guys... Though we do like a chat on the phone, some people you just know after 20 seconds of chat they might bore you to tears... or sound like they just landed off the space dust innit..... No... a quick natter, especially between the girls makes it easier for us...

I don't use a cam or have msn - happy to go by profiles and pics and poss phone call - worked okay up to now. If I do meet and you're not what you made out you were then it's bye bye ....

Forum Mod

We don't have cam and I rarely use msn now,it has'nt been a problem for us

Sod it then, i`ll spend me money on an indian instead

"Sod it then, i`ll spend me money on an indian instead "

Now ya talkin'

"We don't have cam and I rarely use msn now,it has'nt been a problem for us

"

Yeah but your dead fookin horny full stop... Your In serious need of some seriously serious deep hardcore filthy fun......

when your finished send up to us lol....

"I don`t have a cam, would many of you be put off from mailing me because of this?

Should i go out and buy one, only been on here a week. "

Never used one in 8 years of successful playing and never will

maybe im just fussy

"maybe im just fussy "

Genuine question but why are you fussy?

Forum Mod

"maybe im just fussy "

No Issey if I were a single fem I would insist on cam

If I was a single fem... i'd have a sore foo foo...

By *teve_SoleilCouple  over a year ago

Malaysia

We would prefer cam over phone...:D...esp...if we are meeting someone who's gonna have to travel to meet us...:D

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"i never meet without on cam first cos u dont know who u could be meeting, we can all fake pics"

What kitty says goes for us too

"Sod it then, i`ll spend me money on an indian instead "

Much better idea... I've never owned a cam before and can't recall anyone saying no because of it, but then maybe I have avoided those profiles. I don't feel like if I'd had one it would have suddely given me a load more potential meets.

Forum Mod

"If I was a single fem... i'd have a sore foo foo... "

pmsl tart!!

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Yes, some folk insist on camming before meeting but it certainly isn't essential, that's for sure.

With some people it's another of the hoops that they like to make us guys jump through! To be honest, once you've been around here for a wee while you'll realise that there are folk here who are a bit more down to earth and don't need verification of the fact that you've got a mole on your left buttock, etc etc etc!!

The big thing really is PATIENCE!!"

Camming just to verify is about a couple of things for us.

We had one man tell us he was 35 but when he showed his face on cam he looked about 18. Another man said he was 41 but was at least 60.

We like to also see how they interact when chatting and you can't see that by mail alone.

If asking someone to show their face on a cam is getting people to jump through hoops and means you are not down to earth enough, then we are those people....we are happy to live with that

PS we don't ask to see their buttocks

no cam = no meet , im not risking some minger turning up, had it happen b4, never ever again,

Forum Mod

"Yes, some folk insist on camming before meeting but it certainly isn't essential, that's for sure.

We had one man tell us he was 35 but when he showed his face on cam he looked about 18. Another man said he was 41 but was at least 60.

We like to also see how they interact when chatting and you can't see that by mail alone.

If asking someone to show their face on a cam is getting people to jump through hoops and means you are not down to earth enough, then we are those people....we are happy to live with that

PS we don't ask to see their buttocks "

do you ask to see their bum though

By *ichNjudyCouple  over a year ago

stoke on trent

Well we do have a cam but have used it with maybe only 4 or 5 couples, even then only because those couples liked to cam to verify we are who we say we are, we're not into cybersexy stuff.

So we are quite happy to respect the wishes of any couples who ask to see us on cam first - but if they don't ask then honestly we never bother with it.

Same with phone chats, we prefer to meet and interact with couples in person, but we will always offer the option of a phone chat if the other couple want to, otherwise once again we don't bother with it and go straight for the meet

This approach doesn't seem to cause us any problems getting meets, and only on one occasion did the couple we met obviously send there grandparents along to the meet instead, as presumably they couldn't make it lol

xxxxx

Ju & Rich

By *offeecreamCouple  over a year ago

northampton

I do think you can do fine without cam - we've never insisted on cams before meeting and only ever had one couple who wanted to see us on cam first. Phone verifications are much more common in my experience.

One area where cams are a definite advantage is if you're thinking of using the chatrooms. Only a minority of people in chat (maybe a quarter?) have webcams and obviously people like something to look at. So having a cam will get you more attention and make it easier for people to chat to you.

Just as long as it's not a wankcam.... I tend to click away from those very hastily, and I'm sure I'm not the only one!!

By *ichNjudyCouple  over a year ago

stoke on trent

the first cam we bought was wank, The frame rate was much to slow and jerky lol so we had to get a better one

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Well ive never had a guy refuse to go on cam to show me his face so i guess, some guys like jumping through hoops for us not so down to earth folk

Forum Mod

O o O oo

PS we don't ask to see their buttocks

do you ask to see their bum though "

no, not their bum, but we ask to see their c***

Kidding btw

In addition to what I said earlier, if someone wants cam verification, and I can do it, it wouldn't be a problem!

But I've met ladies, and cam verification was never mentioned, nor was I turned away when I arrived as arranged!!

As a single woman on here, I have an intense dislike of cams. I don't like being invited to view one, and I object to being asked to cam to prove I'm genuine!

I think this thread gives more proof, if any were needed, that we are all wonderfully different!

By *andACouple  over a year ago

glasgow

We always use a cam to verify people are genuine before meeting so it's essential for us.

Don't mind showing face on cam but it's not essential! Hardly use cam not really into cam fun!

By *ones_BoothCouple  over a year ago

Solihull

we not into camfun, prefer real deal, but do like to have a face cam see if we all like the look of each other

yes essential..... we met a cpl from pic only and discovered pic was about 10 years out of date, so now no cam , no meet................. go get one, best thing you could do xx

"maybe im just fussy

Genuine question but why are you fussy?"

I have to be sexually attracted to them by looks firstly and if i cant see them on cam then i dont bother.

I dont play on cam its only to view each other for a meet

i have had interest and when had internet access, put cam on and then was a no! Most say i am better looking in person, but maybe the cam wasn't working that time!

Not mentioning any names!

(look above my post!) hee hee

;-)

Webcams don't show anyone in their best light anyway. Bad lighting, poor resolution. I have one, but I dread anyone asking me to use it, because I think I look a right elephant man on it.

For me phone verification is more important. For a start you get a better idea about their personality, which to me is more important anyway

"i have had interest and when had internet access, put cam on and then was a no! Most say i am better looking in person, but maybe the cam wasn't working that time!

Not mentioning any names!

(look above my post!) hee hee

;-)"

yeah and thats why i ask for cam...cuz i know what i dont want

ouch!

Was in work and unshaven! How cruel!

Don't worry, only joking!

I have to say, does anybody know though why there can be such a difference in pictures to reality? I have been told much better in person, I just don't know why.

Anybody have any ideas?

i think for single guy cam is essential its helped me have some fun with cpls.Its great seeing the women get off to my fat meat lol

no idea, but i always hate pics of me yet everyone i meet on here says im gorgoeus - or is that because they have an ulterior motive lol

"no idea, but i always hate pics of me yet everyone i meet on here says im gorgoeus - or is that because they have an ulterior motive lol"

As I have not seen them, I couldn't comment!

I do find it weird that issy thought the other way round with me. Think it is an interesting thing, i know some people try to pose in pictures and look unnatural.

yes it is, especially in the chatrooms. we go un-noticed in the chats unless i am on giving gordie a bj on cam. quite sad actually and as a point we dont play on the cam anymore

"no idea, but i always hate pics of me yet everyone i meet on here says im gorgoeus - or is that because they have an ulterior motive lol

As I have not seen them, I couldn't comment!

I do find it weird that issy thought the other way round with me. Think it is an interesting thing, i know some people try to pose in pictures and look unnatural.

"

Can i just say that im probably not the first and wont be the last to reject you but to have a dig at me in the forums when i have said you are not what i am looking for...is a tad childish dont ya think

you misunderstand. Not having a dig in the slightest. I just find it genuinely interesting that you preferred pictures to what you saw on cam, when everyone else I have met said the other way around. But I was not actually commenting based on personal things, was to do with how people interpret the difference in pictures to cam / reality.

And if I took to digging at people in forums that rejected me, would have no time for shagging!

I just find it an interesting thing.

i am genuinely what people see differently between pictures and reality or cam. Both good and bad.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"you misunderstand. Not having a dig in the slightest. I just find it genuinely interesting that you preferred pictures to what you saw on cam, when everyone else I have met said the other way around. But I was not actually commenting based on personal things, was to do with how people interpret the difference in pictures to cam / reality.

And if I took to digging at people in forums that rejected me, would have no time for shagging!

I just find it an interesting thing."

Maybe your pictures are better than the cam to this person.

I agree, you sound like you are bothered about being rejected, but it isn't right to keep putting the person who rejected you on the spot.

i wasn't at all! I made a joke and she sadly took it the wrong way. I am never serious or really give a stuff if someone says no to me. Like I say, it happens and I have a pretty thick skin!

I always post things in forums to try and provoke serious discussion, and the previous post wasn't actually directed at her, but users in general.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

[Removed by poster at 25/07/09 15:16:37]

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"i wasn't at all! I made a joke and she sadly took it the wrong way. I am never serious or really give a stuff if someone says no to me. Like I say, it happens and I have a pretty thick skin!

I always post things in forums to try and provoke serious discussion, and the previous post wasn't actually directed at her, but users in general."

Sorry, just my opinion, but that isn't how it is coming across.

For someone to have to explain to you why they think your picture is better than your webcam might not get the answer you are craving, so maybe the thick skin comes in handy now to let it be just a rejection.

I don't know how anyone really can answer your question as it is all subjective

Oh no not another one! What is it - something in the air lol?

oh dear god, it wasn't pointed to her or anything but trying to develop an intelligent and adult discussion on a topic, one that does appear to be a very common theme, not relating to people who put 10yr old pictures up, but how people interpret pictures differently to reality.

This is not a dig, I just find why people see it differently. What is sad is people assuming that it is a dig and not serious discussion.

"oh dear god, it wasn't pointed to her or anything but trying to develop an intelligent and adult discussion on a topic, one that does appear to be a very common theme, not relating to people who put 10yr old pictures up, but how people interpret pictures differently to reality.

This is not a dig, I just find why people see it differently. What is sad is people assuming that it is a dig and not serious discussion.

"

But sadly you did point your particular post at that person, singling her out didn't you. Anyways, think it's best left now.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

[Removed by poster at 25/07/09 15:31:19]

well, issy, I am sorry if you felt i was having a dig!

Everyone happy now?

To quote The Joker. Why so serious?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"oh dear god, it wasn't pointed to her or anything but trying to develop an intelligent and adult discussion on a topic, one that does appear to be a very common theme, not relating to people who put 10yr old pictures up, but how people interpret pictures differently to reality.

"

Thats the point though, how can anyone answer the question you are asking?

It is all subjective as no one else saw you on cam to be able to say.

Only one person saw you and you keep pointing her out which in turn is putting her on the spot.

But getting back to your question, you are asking why people see you or anyone else in a different way in person than on a picture? How can anyone answer that?

it is really simple to understand this. And I am NOT talking about me and what ip rapidly descending into the new JFK.

1. You see a photo and are interested in that person.

2. You see the same person on cam or in person but are no longer interested.

What changes your mind? Is it the representation of skin type, eye definition, 3rd nostril removed by photoshop.

Does this at all clarify what I have been trying to get at?

By *teve_SoleilCouple  over a year ago

Malaysia

Having a cam also helps when you want to see another person on cam for verification purposes as surely no one would want to go on cam at least the other person shows theirs too....:D

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"it is really simple to understand this. And I am NOT talking about me and what ip rapidly descending into the new JFK.

What changes your mind? Is it the representation of skin type, eye definition, 3rd nostril removed by photoshop.

Does this at all clarify what I have been trying to get at?"

I always knew what the question was...

The answer is simple though, when the person saw you interact on cam/see your face on cam, they then decided you are not what they fancy after all.

If we are talking in general terms as you last post suggested, then no one can answer your question as no one would have anything to compare to.

they do, this is what i said, you have a picture and then cam or in person.

"it is really simple to understand this. And I am NOT talking about me and what ip rapidly descending into the new JFK.

Does this at all clarify what I have been trying to get at?"

Being on cam can tell that person about your personality, that would be one of the main reasons i suppose, but i think a phone call would be a better way of finding out if you can hold an interesting conversation with that person.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I meant unless it has happened to you, how can you answer the question?

Every person we have seen on cam have looked like the person on the photo, so we can't comment on a situation that isn't there....so you won't get an answer from the people who can't compare the two situations.

Anyway enough of this, next time you have your internet give us a shout and we can show face on cam and it will give me something to compare with

i see that aspect, but was specifically meaning the aesthetic side of it to be honest.

For example, I have turned up to a meet (after phone chats) and when I have walked in they have been really suprised. It is that aspect I am referring to really. And not with me, but with other people that they have met.

"I meant unless it has happened to you, how can you answer the question?

Every person we have seen on cam have looked like the person on the photo, so we can't comment on a situation that isn't there....so you won't get an answer from the people who can't compare the two situations.

Anyway enough of this, next time you have your internet give us a shout and we can show face on cam and it will give me something to compare with "

Sounds fair to me! Sorry this has gone OT, didn't mean it like that.

And you must be lucky, most I have spoken to have had that experience. One told me they had been chatting to this white guy for ages and finally got him on cam and he was black!

Had others say that they arranged a meet and when the guy turned up, he just looked different, thin face, sunken eyes, really put her off.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I meant unless it has happened to you, how can you answer the question?

Anyway enough of this, next time you have your internet give us a shout and we can show face on cam and it will give me something to compare with

Sounds fair to me! Sorry this has gone OT, didn't mean it like that.

And you must be lucky, most I have spoken to have had that experience. One told me they had been chatting to this white guy for ages and finally got him on cam and he was black!

Had others say that they arranged a meet and when the guy turned up, he just looked different, thin face, sunken eyes, really put her off."

Ah we don't talk for ages before we show all faces on cam so there isn't any surprises. I like to get that bit out of the way first.

It must all depend on angles etc if people look so much different when they meet or they are putting their brother on cam instead haha.

Don't get me wrong, we have seen pictures of people and added them to MSN for a chat and they have not rocked my boat at all, even though they look like their picture, so I think most of it is interaction bewteen each other, and lets face it, we won't always hit it off with someone.

The people we have met have been ever so slightly different than their cams but something you can't put your finger on type of thing.

I do think in the main it is still a requirement for us.

"you misunderstand. Not having a dig in the slightest. I just find it genuinely interesting that you preferred pictures to what you saw on cam, when everyone else I have met said the other way around. But I was not actually commenting based on personal things, was to do with how people interpret the difference in pictures to cam / reality.

I just find it an interesting thing.

Maybe your pictures are better than the cam to this person.

I agree, you sound like you are bothered about being rejected, but it isn't right to keep putting the person who rejected you on the spot.

"

thanks

And to mr whatever hes called move on...but learn to keep it shut about names

ruby, i suppose then you have your little systems and ways of playing and they must work for you then. From the horror stories I have heard, you must be in the minority. I think everyone I met have said they have had one bad experience, but I guess they then put it down to just that!

By the way, is she still going on about that old thing? That was forgotten about ages ago!

Joke! Before it all starts again being too serious! Hee hee

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Is it luck? or just making sure we get what we want?

We go with our gut instinct, if we interact well, we may well meet someone.

A little variation of what someone looked like on cam wouldn't bother us...but on the whole, we know what they look like and how we get on with them before deciding to meet.

Up to now it has worked for us.

On another note, just think, at least when people meet you they are pleasantly surprised rather than disappointed

"ruby, i suppose then you have your little systems and ways of playing and they must work for you then. From the horror stories I have heard, you must be in the minority. I think everyone I met have said they have had one bad experience, but I guess they then put it down to just that!

By the way, is she still going on about that old thing? That was forgotten about ages ago!

Joke! Before it all starts again being too serious! Hee hee"

oh please give it a rest and carry on with the thread not with me eh

i know about the pleasantly suprised! I have two female friends that aren't on the site that looked at my profile with another guy who is a member. They always joke about how they don't want to sleep with me, then said my pictures don't do me justice at all, realised what they said and are now really sheepish about it all!

And as for luck, you must just do it right! Yes to the cam then!

here here lol well said issy-baby

xxmmmwahhxx

xxpeanutxx

"

oh please give it a rest and carry on with the thread not with me eh "

If you missed it in the thread earlier, I will say it again now.

Sorry if you thought I was having a dig. I was only playing, but sorry for any offence I may have caused you. Didn't mean it like that in any way. Hope you accept it.

Anyway, cams, yey, whooo, love em! Back to thread.

X

Well i thank you all for your input. Swayed off the subject for a while there tho

Probably best i get one then

"Well i thank you all for your input. Swayed off the subject for a while there tho

Probably best i get one then "

Fucking hell mate, think I need to buy you one after that pandemonium! Sorry if I appeared to hijack your thread. You try and make a joke....

A cam does help although it isn't a must for me.

Probably should get one, but as i`m not working, should really make sure the bills are paid and the cats are fed first.

Flamin eck...................

Women are supposed to be bad for yacking, but you pal.................. you take the flamin biscuit!!!

Now what was this thread originally about???

pics, cams, cams, pics, real life, ....some ppl look so different on all 3 aspects, ive seen pics and thought , mmmmmmmmmmm fekk he'd get it, then he turns his cam on and i think wtf went wrong, lol

ive also seen guys on cam and thought yep, lets meet, then met and their even fitter, i guess its the luck of the draw.

same with women you know! Turned up to a few and then tried to climb out of toilet window!

"Flamin eck...................

Women are supposed to be bad for yacking, but you pal.................. you take the flamin biscuit!!!

Now what was this thread originally about???"

Was that aimed at me? I sort of got involved in a quarrel. If you got a few hours read the thread fully! Been a busy day!

Hang on a min..'u sort of got involved in a quarrel'??????? u need to learn not to finger point when i have rejected you!!! and to mention my name in a post was very petty..so stop bludy making out it was me

Please feel free to mail me and will carry this on in private, not a problem but then again ya cant can ya as i have BLOCKED ya

Grow up!

dear god woman, I wasn't referring to just you! Ruby was having a go too but we sorted that out and I apologised to you too!

Stop taking things so personal sweetie, I have no intention of arguing with anyone on here! I really don't. Life is far too short!

So please, don't think I am having a go. I am sure with both have meets to sort, and chatting to do.

So please. PEACE!

apology accepted

now refer to the thread instead of me eh

thanks sweetie x

Cam isn't essential for me, more what they say on the phone!

As a single fem, i like to see what im getting on cam first as i have had a few shocks from pics only - one guy had posted a completely fake picture and was a real minger!

Good thread - as I was able to blot out spurious comments... eventually.

1. Get a cam - ( I don't like sending pics but will cam with potential meeters if they need it )

2. Get a cam - ( You don't have to use it but it does help sometimes when you just can't make your mind up about someone you have spoken to)

3. Get a cam - ( it saves on updating photos and means your circulating pics don't eventually end up on a zillion computers)

4. Get a cam - ( just don't let any lusties lull you into performing. It's not real sex n never will be)

5. Get a cam - ( don't drink cam cos you might just be lulled ( ahem ) )

6. Get a cam - ( cos i just can't think of any downside to having one- number five apart. )

7. Get a cam - ( but ALWAYS have a phone natter. Cute can sometimes mean VACANT or even LONELY. I find it better to see if we are anywhere NEAR the same type of person. Plus I can pick up dangerously sleazy to meet in one sentence. Although come to think of it that might be a female thing and you might say - Great a dangerouly sleazy woman! )

8. 9. AND 10 I'd get one.

To everyone else... do any of you like the excitement of just NOT knowing ?

In picking my way through here ...umpteen mails followed by a long gap before the meet and then some phone calls n texts leaves me feeling like im going to meet someone ive known for ages. Does this dull things for anyone else ? Or do you need the spontaneity too ?

I think spontaneity is fine except that you might not know too much about the person.

On the other hand, I don't think it matters how long you've maybe chatted to someone, there's still great anticipation as the big day arrives and you eventually meet them 'in the flesh'!

If you need a comfort blanket get a cam. For us an up to date picture and an accurate profile followed by a chat on the phone prior to a meet at a neutral venue for a drink always USED to work fine.

The last few months in here has seen an increase of less than convincing profiles such that we have are now meeting folk exclusively in clubs as it takes all the balls ache out of the equation. Going to a club is like going shopping, it's full of the genuine article and you get to pick exactly what you want from a large selection of items.

Of those of you that do cam, and there are plenty of examples in this thread, how many of you actually believe that the fuzzy picture that a dimly lit cam shows you actually tells you anything of any great value about who is on screen?

"Flamin eck...................

Now what was this thread originally about???

Was that aimed at me? I sort of got involved in a quarrel. If you got a few hours read the thread fully! Been a busy day!"

i took the time and read the thread....chuffing hell you would talk a glass eye to sleep babe

» Add a new message to this topic