FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > are clubs getting quieter because of the internet....

are clubs getting quieter because of the internet....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *illyFischer OP   Man  over a year ago

sale

...discuss

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

And what makes you think clubs are quieter because of the internet?

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Over the past 5-10 years I recon clubs have been getting busier. Only recently have I noticed a few more quieter days/nights.

I'm a grumpy old woman as I find it irksome, lazy and boring when all OP's put is "discuss!"

Right, off for a glass of Sanatogen!

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

no.

But clubs probably killed cinemas.

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

"I'm a grumpy old woman as I find it irksome, lazy and boring when all OP's put is "discuss!"

Right, off for a glass of Sanatogen!"

Take yer sun glasses off too, the OP also posted a yellow sun you know.

Quieter= the economy

By *taffs_hotwifeCouple  over a year ago

Sth Staffs

One of the reasons clubs are so popular is because of the internet.

By *ricky_DickyMan  over a year ago

Mirfield

It's not the internet that is effecting clubs. The economy is having an effect on peoples spending so some people are cutting back visiting clubs an I believe in the Greater Manchester area there a couple of new clubs opened recently, they're going to have an effect on how busy other clubs are.

By *it of fun cplCouple  over a year ago

village between York and Hull

I would say the opposite, I think the internet has made people more aware of clubs, as with any business the good ones will flourish and the bad will suffer. At the moment it is all down to the economic climate I believe.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"I would say the opposite, I think the internet has made people more aware of clubs, as with any business the good ones will flourish and the bad will suffer. At the moment it is all down to the economic climate I believe."

+1

By *am789Man  over a year ago

Preston

The number of clubs has increased in the Northwest alone. There hasen't been a significant rise in swingers to cover it.

By *habsMan  over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

"I would say the opposite, I think the internet has made people more aware of clubs, as with any business the good ones will flourish and the bad will suffer. At the moment it is all down to the economic climate I believe."

Very true!

"...discuss "

The internet promotes swinging. Clubs give people a place to meet. There fore clubs get busier not quieter....QED

An early attraction of the internet was disintermediation ie there was no longer any need to go through a middle-man (like an insurance broker or a travel agent) to get what you were looking for.

You'd imagine that would have had an effect on swinger's club attendances just as I reckon the internet and the advent of online dating has had a dramatic effect on the single, widowed, divorced or separated scene.

Of course, it's possible the swing club scene has expanded to accommodate demand from some quarters for somewhere neutral to meet up.

I may be wrong, but there seem to be more clubs in existence than there was before the internet...

So due to the internet making this "lifestyle" more accessable, there are more clubs...

By *rummiePartyManMan  over a year ago

birmingham

The cake is only so big, and there are more clubs taking a slice out of it, so inevitably, the more clubs, the less people per club, therefore the "quieter" they will appear.

That said I think that todays cake is smaller than the cake of 20 years ago. The reason for this I put down to swinging becoming "mainstream". Daft as it sounds, because of the internet, and all the Ch4/Ch5 programmes like Sin Cities, Sexcetera etc, it's not so "underground" any more...not so "naughty". I think that "naughtiness" was what attracted a lot of people. The ability to have some fun and avoid being exposed in the News of the World (Rest in Pieces) for their frolics.

Swinging is going the way of CB Radio...whilst it was illegal, everyone was at it, then when they legalised it, people stopped bothering.

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

"no.

But clubs probably killed cinemas."

and video killed the radio star

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

Agree with what has been said about both the economy and the increase in clubs affecting attendance. The only thing that the net may affect is the increased use of TwitFace and people contacting each other through that instead of the forums.

Depends what clubs you go to, we are still in a resession sort of, lot people seam to go to parties at the moment

We think some Clubs might be quieter because more people have travelled abroad and realised just what filthy and seedy shit holes we have to put up with in the UK calling themselves Swingers Clubs.

Problem is mind that most Clubs risk being shut down at the drop of hat under archaic prostitution laws and this creates some reluctance by the Owner to invest heavily when they could be shut down so easily.

In our opinion, there are more people with a "liberal" attitude now than at any time - just a shame we can't get some really decent and up market Clubs to go to.

"Depends what clubs you go to, we are still in a resession sort of, lot people seam to go to parties at the moment"

Parties are very popular right now and there's far more people, singles and couples, going dogging.

By *UNCHBOXMan  over a year ago

folkestone

"Depends what clubs you go to, we are still in a resession sort of, lot people seam to go to parties at the moment"

Some 'parties' still like to charge single guys upwards of £40 to 'attend'. I got offered a chance to pay £40 to attend such a party last week at someone's house. Politely declined.

It's hard to imagine anyone falling for that sort of thing.

I'm not sure your rejection of the invitation needed to be polite

By *lubPartyPeepsCouple  over a year ago

London

[Removed by poster at 10/07/11 19:57:48]

By *lubPartyPeepsCouple  over a year ago

London

There are currently 67 Clubs with permanent premises in the UK at the time I am typing this.

(This list does NOT include other groups and organisations such as Killing Kittens etc, who run parties at a variety of venues which would make the total well over 150)

To give you some idea, this is almost an increase in 50% to how many clubs there were in 2002.

The internet certainly made people more aware of the clubs, and The Scene in general, and as a huge percentage of swingers also have children, there will always be a need for clubs over hotels etc. I won't discuss the pro's and cons of clubs vs 121 meets, as thats discussed in another folder.

If the numbers seem to have dropped in certain venues, then there are two very simple reasons for that, because there are certainly not less people on The Scene, there are more than ever.

1) More choice of better, cleaner, well run venues with a good range of facilities, playrooms and atmosphere.

The number of venues in the UK of a decent standard is now far higher than it ever was before. Fading fast is the time when someone sporting a string vest who had a few rooms in a crumbling property round the back of a Kebab shop, can chuck a few foam mattresses in it and call it a swingers club, and expect people to pay £30 quid to come in. I was going to say 'Gone' and not use the word 'fading' but then I remembered that some people are still actually trying to get away with it.

More choice also means that people aren't always restricted to going to the same venue week after week, but depending on their location may well have four or five clubs to chose from. People in Beds / Northhants area now have a dozen decent venues within an hours drive of each other. Where as 5 years ago, there were only 2.

The older clubs that are still around and doing well, have always looked at ways to improve, listened to their members, had a refit and kept the pace, which for all you swingers at the end of the day is nothing but a good thing, if one venue sets a new standard, those in the wise will follow suit.

More choice can mean a smaller concentration of numbers at any one venue, but I am still willing to bet that all the usual popular nights through out the year (Xmas, Valentines, New Years Eve, Bank Holidays, Members Birthdays etc etc) will be as busy as they ever have.

2) Economic downturn, as has been previously mentioned. When people can't afford to go as frequently as they did before, they are more likely to go on a night they expect the venue to be busy and so numbers will naturally gravitate towards those events.

Its worth pointing out, that in the last year alone, we are aware of at least 8 clubs that have closed, and in the last three years there have been almost double that. And this is more a relfection on the fact that there were better venues out there than just a room with a sofa in it and most of those that shut were either of a very poor standard, or very poorly run. Some were victims of their own sucess or fell by the wayside for other reasons, but in the main it would have been because they simply could not complete with the better standard of todays venues.

Someone previously mentioned clubs in Europe, and I think its true, some people will travel to France, Belgium, Holland, Spain, Germany and even Austria and Switzerland for clubs (They have over 700 venues between them)and even our best clubs in the UK simply cannot even compare to the likes of the best elsewhere in Europe but I think overall the percentage of business they would take from the UK would be relatively small overall.

Standards have been raised in the UK people, the well run clubs will prosper, the ones that aren't will struggle for business and numbers. We could talk about what makes for a well run club, but that is another topic (And another essay) entirely...

A - Writer of 'Sex in the Cities' The Adult Guide to Clubbing in the UK and Europe.

people perhaps have less money to spend on clubs? or perhaps realise the internet makes it easy to meet others out of clubs for free? or (and as a long term swinger I can say this) some people aren`t playing with the right attitude anymore and its killing the game i.e on another forum not long ago one couple stated a single guy as saying "using a swingers club was better value than paying a prostitute"! The couple didn`t use the club again, surprise surprise! The same with some of the doggin areas, killed off by idiots thinking its a free show and driving the real players away......

Dogging has always been thought of in some quarters as a cheap night out.

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

"people perhaps have less money to spend on clubs? or perhaps realise the internet makes it easy to meet others out of clubs for free? or (and as a long term swinger I can say this) some people aren`t playing with the right attitude anymore and its killing the game i.e on another forum not long ago one couple stated a single guy as saying "using a swingers club was better value than paying a prostitute"! The couple didn`t use the club again, surprise surprise! The same with some of the doggin areas, killed off by idiots thinking its a free show and driving the real players away......"

Oh that's a topic full of discussion points. I think honest can put people off but actually if you think about it that makes no sense.

ie lets say we play with another couple and have a good time and say good night and go home having had fun and not being offended. Lets say that that couple would actually pay for a prostitute on other occasions is there any difference to the expericence for us?

I understand some people involve swinging in their social lives and like to make friends through swinging, but for us we have our friends and we could not honestly say that we have used swinging as an exersize in making friends. If it happened all well and good, but unlikely given the time we have for swinging.

So apart from knowing anothers mind is there a problem if a single guy would on other occasions get sexual satisfaction from a prostitute and on other occasions a GF on other occasions a couple swinging.

Personally I've never paid for a prostitute, so I would not know the going rate but given that not all single guys are successful at swingers clubs and the clubs are not cheap for single guys, once you have paid, travel, membership entrance a couple of drinks and then maybe have to go a few times to get lucky is it really cheaper than a prostitute. It certainly seams more frustrating than a prostitute at least with a prostitute you would be able to be assured of getting lucky.

I know when we mistakenly went on a single guys night at Partners, there were alot more single guys who went home without playing than there were those who played.

By *ice guy 44Man  over a year ago

wrexham

if you loom on the meet sites now i see that there is lots that want to meet cpl but charge you for the night you see them that they organise party on here get as many cpls as poss and charge you 30 a time not bad money that

one thing your garrentied is a swap in the clubs people might not et that

over last 4 weeks seen lots on here so this could mean a change of it but we will see

By *unksAliveCouple  over a year ago

york

infusion was busy busy on saturday

» Add a new message to this topic