FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > One word answers

One word answers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Morning all.. just need to get something off my chest and make a little request.

I (and am sure others) want to try and get to know you, have a chat, form some sort of bond, and so I put some effort in to the messages I send. Could I ask a favour in that you respond with more than a single word? I am sure I am sounding grumpy (I am really not), but it would be really nice to actually chat..

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *isser36Man  over a year ago

fylde Coast

Mate.... Your wasting your breath! Haha, ive been on Here for years and you will find its the norm especially with single women, you will find your well thought out and constructed messages often do get just a few word answers simply because women on Here have sooooo much choice and get so many messages they don't have time / want to reply in full, unless of course they really fancy you then you might get a few lines!! Haha just keep sending them pal, eventually someone will engage in some meaningful chat.

"Mate.... Your wasting your breath! Haha, ive been on Here for years and you will find its the norm especially with single women, you will find your well thought out and constructed messages often do get just a few word answers simply because women on Here have sooooo much choice and get so many messages they don't have time / want to reply in full, unless of course they really fancy you then you might get a few lines!! Haha just keep sending them pal, eventually someone will engage in some meaningful chat. "

thanks. You are right they do have a lot of choice, call me old fashioned but a little courtesy goes a long way!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's not just women though. We have sent long well-thought out messages to both men and couples and receive one or two words back in return. Just use it as a filter. If they don't put that much effort into sending you a message, how much effort would they put in in the bedroom?

Oh I totally agree. If they can't (or can't be bothered) to string a sentence together then they are not for me.

One word answers may be the equivalent of 'lay back and think of England!'

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

We answer all messages and try to have a conversation but the vast majority of messages are "hi" which in our mind only warrants a "hello" response.

That's fair enough. It should be a two-way street. Give more you get more

One word answers are normally an indication that the person isn't that interested or is of limited vocabulary. Either way if it isn't working why waste your efforts?

By *isser36Man  over a year ago

fylde Coast

"We answer all messages and try to have a conversation but the vast majority of messages are "hi" which in our mind only warrants a "hello" response."

Agreed, if i receive a reply or a message that has little or no effort put into it i just don't reply, like has been said i think it is a reflection of just how much effort would be made elsewhere.

By *ensualcouple99Couple  over a year ago

Colchester

Sometimes we're in the mood to chat other times we aren't. Depends how many one liners we've received and what else is going on in our lives.

We do sometimes answer the one liners with one or two less worss than they used and see how quick the messages fizzle out.

By *he Regina PhalangeWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

One word answers are a hint!

"One word answers are normally an indication that the person isn't that interested or is of limited vocabulary. Either way if it isn't working why waste your efforts? "

Agree

"Mate.... Your wasting your breath! Haha, ive been on Here for years and you will find its the norm especially with single women, you will find your well thought out and constructed messages often do get just a few word answers simply because women on Here have sooooo much choice and get so many messages they don't have time / want to reply in full, unless of course they really fancy you then you might get a few lines!! Haha just keep sending them pal, eventually someone will engage in some meaningful chat.

thanks. You are right they do have a lot of choice, call me old fashioned but a little courtesy goes a long way!"

The fact you even got a few word answer beats having it deleted. Quit whinging

They're not interested but don't want to be rude and ignore your message. Don't waste yout time with them.

If someone sends a reply you're not happy with just delete, block and move on. And yes in my experience women are terrible at this. But when you find the right lady the conversation will flow and become easy.

Pisses me off too OP. would rather people didn't reply at all if they can't think of anything to say.

So yeah, I just delete and move on

"Pisses me off too OP. would rather people didn't reply at all if they can't think of anything to say.

So yeah, I just delete and move on"

But then you get dozens of whiny moany threads about how messages aren't answered and that we're all ignorant cunts......

Damned if you do, and if you don't.

"Pisses me off too OP. would rather people didn't reply at all if they can't think of anything to say.

But then you get dozens of whiny moany threads about how messages aren't answered and that we're all ignorant cunts......

Damned if you do, and if you don't. "

ok

Damned if you do, and if you don't. "

That's true. I personally don't mind if someone doesn't reply though. Or even deleted my message without opening. Then it's just blatant they aren't interested which is fair enough I think

I'd just take it as not interested and leave them to it

"Morning all.. just need to get something off my chest and make a little request.

I (and am sure others) want to try and get to know you, have a chat, form some sort of bond, and so I put some effort in to the messages I send. Could I ask a favour in that you respond with more than a single word? I am sure I am sounding grumpy (I am really not), but it would be really nice to actually chat.. "

if the message i get requires a one word answer i will actually do it,

K

"K"

Arrrrrgggghhhh. The worse

I would prefer that ladies would block me if they're not interested...it would save a lot of time and effort.(that's not an open invitation for everyone on the site to block me BTW, lol).

It can be very time consuming.

"K

Arrrrrgggghhhh. The worse "

i was told K or OK meant fuck you lol

"I would prefer that ladies would block me if they're not interested...it would save a lot of time and effort.(that's not an open invitation for everyone on the site to block me BTW, lol).

It can be very time consuming."

i would prefer not to waste my block on that and save it for real people who i need to maybe block because of abuse or pushiness

"Morning all.. just need to get something off my chest and make a little request.

I (and am sure others) want to try and get to know you, have a chat, form some sort of bond, and so I put some effort in to the messages I send. Could I ask a favour in that you respond with more than a single word? I am sure I am sounding grumpy (I am really not), but it would be really nice to actually chat.. "

not a chance on here your lucky to even get a reply some very arrogant people on here now days but good luck mate

We see it like this, If you spend the time to send us a long message that's your choice. If you send us a short one, again that's your choice.

We will read your message, then look at your profile/pictures.

If we like what we see we will reply to you.

So yeah, I just delete and move on"

Not the consensus I get from guys. They would rather us reply `either way'.

So i reply either `im not interested' or depending on their intial message `sorry but im not interested/youre not what i am looking for' I have not had any guys get funny about it.

But sometimes we really dont know how to reply to a `Hi'.

But I will always reply to a decent well thought out message, as long as its not rude.

By *loswingersCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

Might be what you want , but isn't everyone's cup of tea . We don't chat on here at all really , we do the chatting in person .

So i reply either `im not interested' or depending on their intial message `sorry but im not interested/youre not what i am looking for' I have not had any guys get funny about it.

But I will always reply to a decent well thought out message, as long as its not rude. "

Yeah that's fair enough...you're not interested so you say so. And anyone that only sends a message saying hi deservs to be ignored for being boring.

But what OP was saying is when we do send a thought out message to stimulate some kind of conversation, and we receive a virtually non existent reply with no substance...there was no point replying to us at all

But I will always reply to a decent well thought out message, as long as its not rude.

Yeah that's fair enough...you're not interested so you say so. And anyone that only sends a message saying hi deservs to be ignored for being boring.

But what OP was saying is when we do send a thought out message to stimulate some kind of conversation, and we receive a virtually non existent reply with no substance...there was no point replying to us at all "

Can only assume that the person is too busy to reply fully. At least shes replied and acknowledge the message. I cant see the problem here.

Maybe dont send a long, interesting message first time round. Just a short message is enough.

I find it funny when single girls ask for an essay in literature when really your just saying hi how are you to see if they want to chat /meet etc .

Why do they get offended if you do say just hi if they then say hi back then you can say your life history and shoe size ,

I've had it with writing a long message to quite frankly a 20 stone monster that I wouldnt look at twice in the street for them to tell me (if they bother) that I'm not there type ,freedom of speech and all I know but I'm not bothering now I have enough friends for fun now . I have learnt not to be so desperate and the horn make you needy .

"K

Arrrrrgggghhhh. The worse "

No. Mmmmmm is worse.

"I find it funny when single girls ask for an essay in literature when really your just saying hi how are you to see if they want to chat /meet etc .

Why do they get offended if you do say just hi if they then say hi back then you can say your life history and shoe size ,

I've had it with writing a long message to quite frankly a 20 stone monster that I wouldnt look at twice in the street for them to tell me (if they bother) that I'm not there type ,freedom of speech and all I know but I'm not bothering now I have enough friends for fun now . I have learnt not to be so desperate and the horn make you needy . "

Why are you messaging 20 stone monsters you wouldn't look twice at in the street??!

Smile and wave people, smile and wave.

[Removed by poster at 27/07/17 14:57:40]

"I find it funny when single girls ask for an essay in literature when really your just saying hi how are you to see if they want to chat /meet etc .

I've had it with writing a long message to quite frankly a 20 stone monster that I wouldnt look at twice in the street for them to tell me (if they bother) that I'm not there type ,freedom of speech and all I know but I'm not bothering now I have enough friends for fun now . I have learnt not to be so desperate and the horn make you needy .

Why are you messaging 20 stone monsters you wouldn't look twice at in the street??!"

to fuck them stupid stupid

Why are you messaging 20 stone monsters you wouldn't look twice at in the street??! to fuck them stupid stupid "

Oh right, sorry, silly me

Why are you messaging 20 stone monsters you wouldn't look twice at in the street??! to fuck them stupid stupid "

I really hope these `monsters' read this and block you right away.

They are clearly too good for you.

Such class

"Mate.... Your wasting your breath! Haha, ive been on Here for years and you will find its the norm especially with single women, you will find your well thought out and constructed messages often do get just a few word answers simply because women on Here have sooooo much choice and get so many messages they don't have time / want to reply in full, unless of course they really fancy you then you might get a few lines!! Haha just keep sending them pal, eventually someone will engage in some meaningful chat. "

Perhaps your well thought out and constructive messages just aren't as well thought out and constructive as you thought.

By *ornylittlesubWoman  over a year ago

Grangemouth

And they see right through you? That must sting!

Must kill you when they turn you down

Even the monsters don't want to fuck you, oh dear, can't see why !

Why are you messaging 20 stone monsters you wouldn't look twice at in the street??! to fuck them stupid stupid

Must kill you when they turn you down "

20 stone monsters....class

Why are you messaging 20 stone monsters you wouldn't look twice at in the street??!"

I wondered this

Why are you messaging 20 stone monsters you wouldn't look twice at in the street??! to fuck them stupid stupid

Even the monsters don't want to fuck you, oh dear, can't see why !"

Proves some men will fuck anything

Look at the last 14 words that's why .

Sorry if I offended the monsters

I'm never that horny or desperate that I'd message someone I didn't find attractive. Rather just have a wank !

By *ngel n tedCouple  over a year ago

maidstone

As a budding cryptozoologist, i must say i'd be quite intrigued by these 20 stone monsters you speak of.

"Look at the last 14 words that's why .

Sorry if I offended the monsters "

I used to be a 20st monster, I ignored a lot of messages from someone that looked just like you

Ehhh ?

"I'm never that horny or desperate that I'd message someone I didn't find attractive. Rather just have a wank !"

Ditto

I used to be a 20st monster, I ignored a lot of messages from someone that looked just like you "

Thing is your eyes would melt me

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

If I message a guy and get one word answers I just think he's going to be hard work and so I don't bother!!!

I used to be a 20st monster, I ignored a lot of messages from someone that looked just like you

Thing is your eyes would melt me "

Eyes yes.. but those lips are perfect for kissing.

By *mm_n_ZedCouple  over a year ago

Fareham

Sorry if I offended the monsters "

I doubt you're sorry at all... and I bet the 20 stone monsters you're referring to aren't sorry they rejected you either.

Eyes yes.. but those lips are perfect for kissing. "

Fully agree

Fully agree "

By *atureandhornyCouple  over a year ago

Liverpool

Had a guy message us today it went like this

Him:hi

Me:hi

Him:how's you

Me:fine

Him:not very talkative are you.

Me:

Fully agree

"

"Oh I totally agree. If they can't (or can't be bothered) to string a sentence together then they are not for me.

One word answers may be the equivalent of 'lay back and think of England!' "

Or that they're just not arsed.

If I'm interested in a person I'll put thought into my messages and will ask open ended questions. One word answers mean that I'm not particularly bothered.

By *aul1973HullMan  over a year ago

East Hull

It's a common complaint, and entirely justifiable until you realise that the ladies and couples on here can literally get a hundred messages every time they log on and don't have the time to reply to every single one of them.

But on the other hand...

When so many guys on here go to all the effort of sending a 'copy & paste' message it's just damn laziness when people can't be bothered to go to the effort of a 'copy & paste' "thank you for showing an interest, but I'm afraid you're not what I'm looking for"

Maybe there should be a 'No thanks' icon with the smileys?

"It's a common complaint, and entirely justifiable until you realise that the ladies and couples on here can literally get a hundred messages every time they log on and don't have the time to reply to every single one of them.

But on the other hand...

When so many guys on here go to all the effort of sending a 'copy & paste' message it's just damn laziness when people can't be bothered to go to the effort of a 'copy & paste' "thank you for showing an interest, but I'm afraid you're not what I'm looking for"

Maybe there should be a 'No thanks' icon with the smileys?"

Good idea

By *ehindclosedcurtainsCouple  over a year ago

East Midlands

We try to answer all messages we get. Many are from people who have obviously not read our profile, which we regularly point out. Others will start a conversation & with a bit of effort from both sides continue it for a while, however, if we feel we are putting all the effort in & get just closed questions we answer them with the requisite yes or no - in other words communication is a two way thing & both parties need some skill in it.

Thank you all for your comments and views. It's interesting to hear all sides!

In the meantime if anyone does fancy a chat then please ping me!

Very true ( I know that was only two words, though)

Its annoying, man. Id rather be completely ignored

Aye

"Its annoying, man. Id rather be completely ignored"
who daid that

» Add a new message to this topic