FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > single men. waste of time or not

single men. waste of time or not

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

its not often we arrange to meet single men as its not really our thing .... but once in a blue moon we give it a go (about 3 times in the past 2 years) so tonight, monday, we had spent over a week chatting and arranging to meet a single guy who lived 30 mins away, we said we would meet in the beer garden of a well known pub, after 30 mins late i emailed to see where he was, reply was i'm lost ?? be there shortly. another 30 mins, sitting outside & freezing we asked again, still very lost, dont know where i am.

at this point we left and decided he never intended turning up ..... why waste so much of our time??? why not be honest and say i dont want to meet???

why arrange with no intention of showing up.

this is why single men have a bad rep .... be honest ffs ... like i said ... not very often we meet single men, now it will be never again

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

He was out of order wasting your time like that but not all single men are a waste of time.

I think idiots like that give single men a bad name which is a shame for the genuine ones as they all get labelled with the same tag.

Maybe he had an attack of last min nerves...still no excuse though, he should have been straight with you xx

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience but, we aren't all bad!

Ah it'll be another one fell for the mermaids on the dunes at Trusthorpe then

Wolf

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Well ive been meeting single guys from this site for nearly four years and never had a no show

"its not often we arrange to meet single men as its not really our thing .... but once in a blue moon we give it a go (about 3 times in the past 2 years) so tonight, monday, we had spent over a week chatting and arranging to meet a single guy who lived 30 mins away, we said we would meet in the beer garden of a well known pub, after 30 mins late i emailed to see where he was, reply was i'm lost ?? be there shortly. another 30 mins, sitting outside & freezing we asked again, still very lost, dont know where i am.

at this point we left and decided he never intended turning up ..... why waste so much of our time??? why not be honest and say i dont want to meet???

this is why single men have a bad rep .... be honest ffs ... like i said ... not very often we meet single men, now it will be never again"

Well i have had the total opposite !!!

Am a single (ish) male have been chatting to 2 couples on here for a couple of wks now and keep promising " yeah this wk is good"

Not heard from one in 3 days and the other is saying "we will let you know?"

Not only single blokes give people bad names There are some couples as well?

"Single men- waste of time, or not?"

Not.

No.

Single men have a bad rep because certain couples who have met just 3 single men in 2 years think they have earned the right to generalise about us all.

"No.

Single men have a bad rep because certain couples who have met just 3 single men in 2 years think they have earned the right to generalise about us all."

*plumps cushions and fetches popcorn*

By *DSRMan  over a year ago

leicester

It makes me laugh that some men in couples knock single men (not refering to anyone on here!) but honestly some do... When they split up he will be a??? before they got together he was a??? come on, if your man is decent, then why would it not make sense that a man is a man and all men are men so man it's all good

peace x

hi we not all the same some of us are genuine them kind of people spoil if for the genuine males

Ooops, think this could get interesting...white choccy button anyone??

C'mon all you single guys, stick up for yourselves xx

No!! You cannot judge single males on other single males letting you down every single person in the world is different! There's letdowns and idiots all around the world but everyone should have an equal chance and not be judged by others actions.!!

If I say I meet then I will

"Ooops, think this could get interesting...white choccy button anyone??

C'mon all you single guys, stick up for yourselves xx"

My time is precious so if i say i wanna meet then i will, It is then up to the couple/female to make the other move and say they will.

So far the couples have been the waste of space!!

I think I must be in the minority, I've never (touch wood) had a no show!

"After 30 mins late i emailed to see where he was, reply was i'm lost ?? be there shortly."

...Oh, and, as a rule, anyone who *emails* the fact that they're lost and 30 minutes late probably hasn't left the house.

Better luck next time.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

we have met, or not met in this case, 3 single men in 2 years because that is our preference, maybe you misinterpreted our comment... we were merely pointing out that what we have experienced is why alot of single men on here complain that they cannot get a meet (see many previous posts) and therefore ALL get a bad rep caused by some others who may, or may not, be a minority.

so, we will not be meeting single men off this site ..... and continue, as we have for some time, meeting them in clubs.

"we have met, or not met in this case, 3 single men in 2 years because that is our preference, maybe you misinterpreted our comment... we were merely pointing out that what we have experienced is why alot of single men on here complain that they cannot get a meet (see many previous posts) and therefore ALL get a bad rep caused by some others who may, or may not, be a minority.

so, we will not be meeting single men off this site ..... and continue, as we have for some time, meeting them in clubs."

Really sorry you feel this way and you have been let down?

But 3 single men in 2yrs is that right to put us down that hard???

Most couples/females have no problems?

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

Definitely NOT!!

"No.

Single men have a bad rep because certain couples who have met just 3 single men in 2 years think they have earned the right to generalise about us all."

+1

By *ngie-babyWoman  over a year ago

huntingdonish

as previously stated .... its our choice and preference ... we meet singles in clubs so it works out at more than 3 in 2 years if you count the clubs

"as previously stated .... its our choice and preference ... we meet singles in clubs so it works out at more than 3 in 2 years if you count the clubs"

I think that is best choice for singles blokes to get their foot on the door (so to speak) clubs then couples/females know they aint time wasters?

We've met some great single guys and had a brilliant time with them.

The one time we had a 'no show' for a social meet, we just thought 'oh well, never mind' and went on to enjoy each others company instead.

When we got home we reported the profile and applied the block.

To be honest I'm having a similar problem though I don't get as far as going to the place we arrange to meet because they seem to forget we are meeting!!! I have now come to the conclusion that when we have been chatting, they are horny and want a meet the same night and expect sex not coffee hence they forget they were supposed to be on a meet, and then single guys have the cheek to moan that they are struggling to get meets. Think I will do my own post moaning and whinging about how us single women are struggling to get meets

"we have met, or not met in this case, 3 single men in 2 years because that is our preference, maybe you misinterpreted our comment... "

I find it strange how 'misinterpretation' is always cited when the response to an inflammatory post is negative.

Either way, "Single men, waste of time or not" does not leave a lot of room for doubt.

By *evilwolfCouple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"we have met, or not met in this case, 3 single men in 2 years because that is our preference, maybe you misinterpreted our comment...

I find it strange how 'misinterpretation' is always cited when the response to an inflammatory post is negative.

Either way, "Single men, waste of time or not" does not leave a lot of room for doubt."

I think regardless of whether they are single, or a couple... some definitely travel more hopefully than actually arrive. There will always be those more enthusiastic at the prospect than the reality.

Wolf

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

One bad meet and apparently all single men are bad

Never had a single bloke not show,and we have picked up hours before in chat and had meets arranged a week in advance.

You say its not something you often do...perhaps you need to look at your way of choosing,or just chalk it up to experience and move on.

Also considering that that the mention that you do not meet single men is not there?

Of course you are gonna attract attention. Block us if you have no need for us and prefer couples?

hexham

"After 30 mins late i emailed to see where he was, reply was i'm lost ?? be there shortly.

...Oh, and, as a rule, anyone who *emails* the fact that they're lost and 30 minutes late probably hasn't left the house.

Better luck next time."

Actually i just noticed the email thing...why didnt they call...dont tell me they went to meet someone they hadnt spoken too

By *ortheastcoupleukCouple  over a year ago

easington were the sun dont shine

does he get emails to his phone or do you mean texts? why not ring the lad and help him with directions ,if he pulled over and you could hear his engine might of showed he was on the way and gen lost,a cpl of weeks ago we aranged a late night meet was supposed to be 1230 the lad had a sat nav and still got lost ,he did turn up a hour later cany lad and couldnt say sorry enough ,hey we been lost on way to meets .benefit of doubt

hexham

"we have met, or not met in this case, 3 single men in 2 years because that is our preference, maybe you misinterpreted our comment... we were merely pointing out that what we have experienced is why alot of single men on here complain that they cannot get a meet (see many previous posts) and therefore ALL get a bad rep caused by some others who may, or may not, be a minority.

so, we will not be meeting single men off this site ..... and continue, as we have for some time, meeting them in clubs."

Given your attitude to the single men on this site i dont think they are going to be crying into their cocoa over this

It seems to us that no matter if people are single or in a couple, male or female ; Someone, somewhere on this site will have a moan about a timewaster or a no show. It goes with the territory. We have never had a no show. A guy called us at the last minute when we were waiting in the pub for him but he had good reason for not being able to make the meet.

These threads do get tedious after a while but people need to let off steam.

so, we will not be meeting single men off this site ..... and continue, as we have for some time, meeting them in clubs.

Given your attitude to the single men on this site i dont think they are going to be crying into their cocoa over this "

Well said on both accounts!!!!

maybe he really did get lost?

Well you never know! I got lost trying to come back to Cleethorpes from Louth after a meet their once!! ( So that means i am fairly local to Louth)

I had met a lovely couple, played (as you do )

then driving home, in the pitch black i got so lost, ended up down bizzare lanes that scarred the shit out of me! And i had my sat nav on! Ooooo still makes me shudder that one!

Lp xx

My only advice to couples who want to meet single blokes, is that perhaps they arrange to meet them at one of the many social events held across the country.

(not floating my own boat here) I have never messaged anyone for a meet on this site, and I have been here for a long time I have seen the single blokes come and go, and some who are genuine that have been branded by couples but have shining reviews from single fems.

Unfortunatly its all a bit hit and miss whatever your looking for here and time can only tell. If your willing to stick at it i'm sure you might just find what your looking for

"does he get emails to his phone or do you mean texts? why not ring the lad and help him with directions ,if he pulled over and you could hear his engine might of showed he was on the way and gen lost,a cpl of weeks ago we aranged a late night meet was supposed to be 1230 the lad had a sat nav and still got lost ,he did turn up a hour later cany lad and couldnt say sorry enough ,hey we been lost on way to meets .benefit of doubt"

My thoughts too

"No.

Single men have a bad rep because certain couples who have met just 3 single men in 2 years think they have earned the right to generalise about us all.

lol xx

"

And just because im loving this thread so much, and want to add my penny lol, i have only ever had one no show from a single guy on here!!

Must admit i was truely stunned, but more scared than anything because i had arranged to meet in a lane very late at night! (I know, silly girl taking risks).

On the whole, i have found the single men on here lovely guys. met more than I have verifications because I choose to keep some things to myself. Oh

And i have not got engaged to one of them off here lol xxxx

We host parties and have been let down by both single guys and couples in equal messure.

No matter what the gender group there will always be people who do not fulfil commitments they have made, especially on a site where you gain free access to the main site contents.

Not all tomatoes are rotten

Just had to join in on this one !! I've been on here about a month and I've had a wink and friend request of a couple , started mailing each other , get close to sort a meet then they go cold ?? I'm not one for pestering so that one out the window . Had a 'couple ' mail me , telling me all the filthy things they want me to do to his wife then the guy wants to webcam but his wife isn't there !! Then his profile changes to bisexual !! What I'm saying is , women , couples, men , there's liers all over this site . Just wish there was a way to rid them and let us genuine people meet and have fun ?

"Just had to join in on this one !! I've been on here about a month and I've had a wink and friend request of a couple , started mailing each other , get close to sort a meet then they go cold ?? I'm not one for pestering so that one out the window . Had a 'couple ' mail me , telling me all the filthy things they want me to do to his wife then the guy wants to webcam but his wife isn't there !! Then his profile changes to bisexual !! What I'm saying is , women , couples, men , there's liers all over this site . Just wish there was a way to rid them and let us genuine people meet and have fun ?"

There will always be idiots on this site who don't really know what swinging is all about. It's a shame but it's something we have to live with here we are afraid!

By *ondafirestormMan  over a year ago

heckington

Well i always turn up(check verifications) why would anyone not?

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

If it wasn't for single men I'd have a dull time on here so more power to them. He got lost, so that counts as a reasonable excuse. When you're sat in a pub and his phone number is not recognised is the time to get fretty.

sorry to hear, but not all us single men are like that, I turn up, even if I have to ring to get directions

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Northants

"Not all tomatoes are rotten "

You aint seen the ones I just found in the botom of the fridge!

I can't remember having any no shows, but we have stopped meeting single guys. Our problem was we only had one who was hard enough to actually penetrate and that went when we passed him the condom!

Now we have even less time, we tend to stick to clubs on a Saturday or private meets and parties.

But would never tar all of one group with the same brush. I also can't see what the frequency of meets has to do with whether or not someone has had luck! So, three in two years and no luck is still no luck! It may be their way of choosing that is the problem, but they are no shows none the less.

thats a very sad thing to read when there are so many genuine nice reliable guys on here that live a stones throw away.i still say a name and shame would rid the site of these people and let the rest of us genuine ones enjoy the fun.posts like this really rub against the grain...

By *BW38jWoman  over a year ago

Dudley/Telford

"No.

lucky damn shame your in london your 1 fine single man

i sympathise with the poster. but i have been meeing single guys and not had a "no show" myself.

it was just bad luck i think

I have been pleasantly surprised reading through this thread at some, no most of the comments. I think as a few have pointed out, there will always be disappointnents in every walk of life, in every scenario.

If we all gave up on something so quickly, or were so fast to jump to massive conclusions without any real foundation of reason, then the would would be a very dull place. No-one would ever take a chance, nothing new would what happen...we might as well go sit in our front rooms and be dull and uninteresting... The spice of life is key and you know what, a disappointment here or there only makes the good times good, or the good meets bloody brilliant

"No.

"

Lmao

By *john121Man  over a year ago

staffs

"its not often we arrange to meet single men as its not really our thing .... but once in a blue moon we give it a go (about 3 times in the past 2 years) so tonight, monday, we had spent over a week chatting and arranging to meet a single guy who lived 30 mins away, we said we would meet in the beer garden of a well known pub, after 30 mins late i emailed to see where he was, reply was i'm lost ?? be there shortly. another 30 mins, sitting outside & freezing we asked again, still very lost, dont know where i am.

this is why single men have a bad rep .... be honest ffs ... like i said ... not very often we meet single men, now it will be never again"

And his side of the story says what?

3 guys in 2 years! And that's sufficient to make such a sweeping statement!

of course couples never let anyone down?

Don't tar everyone with the same brush....

Check out veris

Maybe he was lost

And who sits outside a beer garden in 10degs

I have met all the peeps i said i would bar one and let them know 4 days before the meet as i could not make due to work but did give early notice so dont think am a waste of time!!

had more time wasted from couples But also ad some fun with couples and singles but have had more of my time wasted!!!

But peeps are peeps good ones and bad lol xx

By *he BananamanMan  over a year ago

WORCESTERSHIRE

i have chatted all week to couples (verified too)and arranged meets for the weekend and have waited for the confirmation on friday only for them to go offline all weekend and miraculously re-appear on monday with no apology for wasting my time whatsoever!.

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

yes there all wastes of space and i whole heartedly agree never meet em ...................did i say am now a couple but errrrrrr emma cant come out to play so will just be me ......................only kidding 99.9% of single guys are dependable and its not fair to tarnish on the couple of idiots

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

poor lad may still be out their lost!!!

3 sides to every story - yous, theirs and the truth

**Kola ~ you get lost going to the toilet xxxxxxxxxx

If truth be told we have only had one no show where as the rest of the single guys have turned up. I think the same question should be asked about some of the couples on here in all honesty....

maybe just maybe the poor guys was lost and heard your attitude towards him and though ya know what FUCK YA

just a maybe

By *habsMan  over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

To anyone that says they've been let down by single men (assuming they meet couples and/or single women also) I say "And how many couples or single females have likewise let you down?

The some number? More you say? What's that? You still meet couples and single women and hold no complaints despite this?

Well, I guess that's a different yardstick being used then. Oh well.

maybe he was genuinely lost!!

this is why single men have a bad rep .... be honest ffs ... like i said ... not very often we meet single men, now it will be never again

maybe just maybe the poor guys was lost and heard your attitude towards him and though ya know what FUCK YA

just a maybe"

ooooh i like you already lol

I've arranged a meet with this couple right, I got lost (I told em I was lost) and I'm just here at this beer garden n they've gone!!! Pint anyone?

By *unwmidscplCouple  over a year ago

birmingham

we enjoy the singles now and then too, most we find are good but some just have to break the rules dont they,like asking for solo meets ,which isnt going to happen, so thats them binned ,one took hours to get here even tho he only lived five miles away , but most have been cool it only takes a cpl of idiots to ruin it ,oh and one no show, his loss i can assure you ,

Their not comin are they?? Lol I'm off home it's freezing!!!

We meet a fair few single guys and have never been let down by a single one. One had to call off as he had to go into work but as we saw that as a genuine reason we didn't deem it a let down.

We once met a guy off another site a d it was his first time meeting. He admitted he almost didn't turn up and he was that nervous it was an awful meet. We understand that not all meets will be great and put it down to experience. What it has driven us to do is only meet guys who have previously been verified. These guys know what they're doing and it takes away all the nerves and awkwardness, bit rough on the guys just starting out but we make a personal choice as is our prerogative.

So in summary there are some great guys on here and it would be a sorrier place without them.

Got to admit, geography wasn't my best subject. I remember a teacher putting on my school report 'does well to find the classroom'. Funny fucker.

In the last 2 weeks I've had 3 ladies and 2 couples as no shows,even tho I have drove to the place were we meeting and they have even txted they on there way,yet 2 hrs later I'm still sat there,so it's not just single guys who let ppl down ,yet everyone jumps on the single guys are wasters bandwagon,theres good and bad with guys,ladies and couples on here

"i sympathise with the poster. but i have been meeing single guys and not had a "no show" myself.

it was just bad luck i think"

just realised why I have not had a no show, it was me going to them

"Got to admit, geography wasn't my best subject. I remember a teacher putting on my school report 'does well to find the classroom'. Funny fucker."

Reminds me of a similar one to my mate, changed his first name, report said "Ben Watt- more like Ben Who!!" he did like to bunk off lol

It's time for some science...

From WankiPedia:

The Single Male (Homo TimeWastia) is reknowned for being untrustworthy and reckless. However, when paired with a Single Female (Homo CanDoNowtWrong) a Single Male can reach the highest form of evolution and become a Couple (Homo DuoFuckingPerfectia).

It's not just single guys that can be no show's and end up wasting your time. Several years ago I had a MF couple do something similar to what the OP has said. Except that when I kept texting to ask where they were I was told the female half was still getting ready and putting her make-up on. I waited for over an hour before coming to the conclusion they weren't turning up.

i only meet single men

yeah some don't show, but most do (and most come back)

By *hitecumloadsMan  over a year ago

cannock

My self I would not get to hung up about it like my self I think my profile is honest and genuine probably to much im sure some look and think he is not single if I told a few porkes im sure I would get a meet but like most things in life you tell a few porkes and you go a long way so the genuine guys are only fighting with the fackers and porky teller thats life on here

Well we only meet single guys and have only had one ring an hour before the meet to say his daughter had turned up unexpectedly but he came the next week and we all enjoyed a great evening together. We have had some great fun and are looking forward to much more from the lovely guys on fab.

"Got to admit, geography wasn't my best subject. I remember a teacher putting on my school report 'does well to find the classroom'. Funny fucker.

Reminds me of a similar one to my mate, changed his first name, report said "Ben Watt- more like Ben Who!!" he did like to bunk off lol "

Naming & shaming is against forum rules

"we have met, or not met in this case, 3 single men in 2 years because that is our preference, maybe you misinterpreted our comment...

Either way, "Single men, waste of time or not" does not leave a lot of room for doubt."

I was thinking the same thing.

I find it funny though, it's always the single men who do a no show that get mentioned most of the time, where there are loads of couples that do no shows to.

It seems though through my own experience that the couples bitch and moan like hell when a single male does a no show a hell of a lot more than a single man would do when a couple does a no show on himself.

We are arranging to meet a single man in a couple of weeks so hopefully it will go as arranged fingers crossed lol

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Either way, "Single men, waste of time or not" does not leave a lot of room for doubt.

I was thinking the same thing.

I find it funny though, it's always the single men who do a no show that get mentioned most of the time, where there are loads of couples that do no shows to.

It seems though through my own experience that the couples bitch and moan like hell when a single male does a no show a hell of a lot more than a single man would do when a couple does a no show on himself."

Nah I would say it is an equal footing

i gave up meeting single guys a while ago for the same reason

well theres some lovely single men on this site ... and loads do turn up . He may have been lost and running late too .

It's not just the men that can waste your time I have known plenty of couples and woman to no show, a time waster is a time waster regardles of gender or relanship status

i think alot of guys sign up to this place pretty blind. most of us (imo) are here to fuck and dont know or care to know what this swinging lark is really about. maybe they get coldfeet when they actually realize its a done deal

For the record, I am a bastard... Yes all single blokes are time wasters, I am quite possibly the ONLY genuine man on here, but I am quite picky, and o be honest your profile really doesn't do it for me.... Sorry was that rude? Insulting? Single man remember, keep tarring us all with the same brush as a few individuals and we might just think, fuckit, might as well be what they say I am.

For the record, I met my first couple last night, after 9 failed meets with other couples, all couples are...................different

Happily, the single inflatable ladies still love me, my degree in pneumatics has finally paid off

By *rummpsMan  over a year ago

thanet

Only ever cancelled once and for that I gave two days notice. Couldn't drive with a broken foot. Have had three promised meets with couples where they didn't show though and all without warning or apology.

But thats folk aint it? Move on!

_rummps x

hexham

"For the record, I am a bastard... Yes all single blokes are time wasters, I am quite possibly the ONLY genuine man on here, but I am quite picky, and o be honest your profile really doesn't do it for me.... Sorry was that rude? Insulting? Single man remember, keep tarring us all with the same brush as a few individuals and we might just think, fuckit, might as well be what they say I am.

For the record, I met my first couple last night, after 9 failed meets with other couples, all couples are...................different

Happily, the single inflatable ladies still love me, my degree in pneumatics has finally paid off"

i like bastards

Sorry to hear about your no show.

I read soooo many times about single guys not showing up..come on guys if you arrange a meet.....TURN UP.......and if there is GENUINE reason ( i.e not MY DOG HAS ESCAPED. THE CAR HAS BROKEN DONE ) have spoke to a couple that were given those excuses.

If you cannot make it. let people know in advance.

It's the time wasting single guys like that, that make it so difficult for single guys like me to meet anyone.

RANT OVER!!!.

CONCLUSION : not all singles guys are a waste of time

"

Happily, the single inflatable ladies still love me, my degree in pneumatics has finally paid off

i like bastards "

Sorry I don't meet couples, time wasters the lot of them

hexham

"

i like bastards

Sorry I don't meet couples, time wasters the lot of them "

Hey im a semi unicorn...i dont exist

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

"poor lad may still be out their lost!!!

3 sides to every story - yous, theirs and the truth

**Kola ~ you get lost going to the toilet xxxxxxxxxx"

only when am watchin you gyrating !!!!

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

As a single guy and not wanting to waste anyone's time ( my own included.) I'm not going to post a comment about a subject thats been covered time and again,.... blah blah blah...

back to arranging to have some fun... anyone (female or couples) who still trust single guys who are reading this please get in touch ...xx.

Digs deep (very Deep) into long pockets with my short arms to locate my two pennuth worth!

Couples I have had some genuinely great times with a few couples as well as single ladies from here and other sites - So no real complaints about either - However an observation or two re couples.

a) have experienced chatting on line to couples swapping pics arranging meets and only male of couple turns up!

b) have arranged meets with couples having chatted on line for both to turn up and female know nothing about the reason they are in an out of the way pub!

c) have arranged meets with couples and chatted on the phone to both, only for the female to get cold feet and pull out but not let me know!

4) have arranged meets with couples only for female to say I am only here coz he wants to do this/demands I do this - Thats normally When I make polite apologies and leave

E) My all time favorite is the couples who swap dozens of messages ask all the questions under the earth, tell you their fantasy, tell you that you are exactly what they are looking for, then the next day have deleted all the messages and blocked you or hidden their profile. And single guys are only on here to get off on messaging and pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess there are single guys who make a bad name for us, as well as couples who make a bad name for them. I also guess that when you have driven 50 miles or more, arranged meets only for people not to arrive that threads like this pop up as it is only natural to let off steam.

Nothing further M'lord

*reads*

Walks out...

"

E) My all time favorite is the couples who swap dozens of messages ask all the questions under the earth, tell you their fantasy, tell you that you are exactly what they are looking for, then the next day have deleted all the messages and blocked you or hidden their profile."

We've not had the pleasure of being blocked yet but we have been ignored after sending messages to couples who were all up for the idea on our friends list just to be ignored. So far at least we haven't had many single guys string us along.

ive been late,lost,even had my phone go flat on me... call me determined..yes i fucking am...

i have nothing but good things to say about singles lol

We have met some great single males,its not easy picking one just by reading profiles,sometimes you meet a great guy and everything pans out like you hoped it would sometimes it doesnt.

There are some on this site that mess you around but thats not limited to single males at all its just as prevelant with couples aswell.

One bad experience shouldnt put you off trying what you want.

By *riendlymasseurMan  over a year ago

birmingham & warwickshire areas

such a weighted question and bound to causecontroversy, I am surprised it was allowed on forum. No one has the right to off handedly just post against other groups i think most replies agree. I have met some nice couples but some can be awkward or unreliable same as any human being. Its easier to just get along .I think, but thats just me. Enjoy everyone x lol

By *edhotminxWoman  over a year ago

Turn left at the Singing Ringing Tree

And the moral of the story is ...... in all walks of life there are people who will waste your time, have bad manners, and are generally not worth knowing.

The flip side of the coin is that there are just as many people who will enrich your life, who have manners and are a real pleasure to know - with the emphasis on 'pleasure'.

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

THE STICKS

To to OP, perhaps you can take something positive away from this that will stand you in good stead for all of your future meets in terms of your selection policy.

When you were messaging the guy and speaking to him on the phone for example did he come across as confident, experienced, fun and positive? Was he able to lead or steer the conversation in interesting ways, or did you have to do all the work ? In short did he demonstrate any skill and subtlety in the wrt of seduction?

Did you check out his verifications? Did you check out who had verified the people who had verified him? Did you spot anyone you knew or at least knew of?

Was he completely open about showing face pics? Did he have more than one?

You can add your own criteria to this but the bottom line is that, while you can never eliminate those who are less than genuine from the site, a bit of simple leg work can reduce your chances of a no-show to almost nil.

While I've had my share of conversations with supposed swingers who have been less than genuine in their stated desire to meet, I've only ever had one no-show in 3 years - and that was a spur if the moment meet when I ignored my selection criteria, so I only had myself to blame.

And remember - a cancellation isn't the same as a no-show - if you've followed a good selection process, a cancellation, while disappointing, is often merely a postponement

single men. waste of time No ....... we love them here xxx make this Site for me the sexy single men .... I get 100s of letters a week and get to meet some lovely young man ..... so i say Thanks for being on fab x xxx

By *riendlymasseurMan  over a year ago

birmingham & warwickshire areas

isnt it nicer to have nice things said on the forums, we are all unique and enjoy what we do, nice to get along and enjoy it. Some really nice responses, well said all enjoy x

single men a waste of time NO

everywhere you go in life u experience people who waste your time at work or home

and its life x

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

its just as well I am not really in a mood to argue....

seriously.... you base your sweeping judgements on a sample size of 3.....

let me say that again..... 3!!!

based on the same sample size.... marmite would be banned, the currancy of the UK would be jelly beans.... and your govt would be the monster raving looney party.......

in fact based on a sample size of 3 I'd be the bestest uncle in the world... who buys doughnuts.... and plays guitar hero...

I'd also be the world champion at "paper,rock,scissors"

sorry... is that mocking enough...... yes that is sarcastic!!! oooh... on a sample size of 3 I bet i could be world sarcasm champion as well

By *inecrestMan  over a year ago

West Yorks

"It's time for some science...

From WankiPedia:

The Single Male (Homo TimeWastia) is reknowned for being untrustworthy and reckless. However, when paired with a Single Female (Homo CanDoNowtWrong) a Single Male can reach the highest form of evolution and become a Couple (Homo DuoFuckingPerfectia)."

Wonderful!

lol

By *opman69Man  over a year ago

Wrexham

Crikey what a long long post!

I would say from my point that I am totally genuine and have had a couple of meets and always turn up if I say I am going to.

However, I do send alot of emails to single females asking if they want to chat and get no reply, not even a no thanks! I have even tried with a few couples and get no reply even when I have sent face pics!

I guess there are just lots of timewasters about who have no intention of meeting, what a shame as they dont know what they are missing lol

Single men on the whole are great. They put them selves out, are polite and turn up on time. Its the couples here who are a big disappointment as far as i am concerned.

[Removed by poster at 18/10/11 20:34:00]

All i can say is the guy must be barking mad i read your profile and you sound hotter then a hot thing on a hot day in hell with a scorching hot pro pic .

Just hope you this guy hasn't put you off all us single guys that do show up

I am not going to get into name calling etc.

I arrange to meet and turn up. I don't meet often because most of my meets are bloody miles away (Im in Liverpool she's in wales as an example) but I always turn up or know well in advance if I can't and let someone know.

I'd say that you have been unlucky in this case and that, as has been said before, if he was emailing he wasn't coming. If you were lost wouldn't you call to ask directions?

Next time, check out verifications. Ignore web and phone veri's, go for blokes with meet veris. That way they have turned up to be verified. Simples.

we have had no shows from single guys AND cpls so not really fair to tar everyone with the same brush,,,your gonna get timewasters of all sorts on here as its a free site so there are some fantasists about who like to talk about it and even arrange meets but,,,never ever gonna go thru with meeting

sad but true xx auds xx

I like some of the sexy single men on site. I haven't had a no show and everyone, except 1 guy, have been great to meet. I vote to keep the sexy single men, they rock

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"Next time, check out verifications. Ignore web and phone veri's, go for blokes with meet veris. That way they have turned up to be verified. Simples."

Doesn't mean they'll turn up again though! Both times I was stood up were by men who were meet verified. Best thing to do if chat lots beforehand. Nothing is 100% but IMO people are less likely to flake when a rapport has been made.

"we have had no shows from single guys AND cpls so not really fair to tar everyone with the same brush,,,your gonna get timewasters of all sorts on here as its a free site so there are some fantasists about who like to talk about it and even arrange meets but,,,never ever gonna go thru with meeting

sad but true xx auds xx"

in short she means stick with the sluts...like me...

Us single dudes are tarred with the same brush. It's a small majority ruin it for us decent ones. So id say we are NOT a waste of time

"*reads*

Walks out... "

Wimp

"Next time, check out verifications. Ignore web and phone veri's, go for blokes with meet veris. That way they have turned up to be verified. Simples.

Doesn't mean they'll turn up again though! Both times I was stood up were by men who were meet verified. Best thing to do if chat lots beforehand. Nothing is 100% but IMO people are less likely to flake when a rapport has been made."

well as many may say veris mean nothing etc, I do my research on my meets unless I'm feeling spontaneous.I look at other profiles check out the frequency of meets, who they have met(if its been verified), I know that there are singles,cpls who have been verified from meets but sometimes the lack of, can make me wonder how 'into' swinging they are in MY opinion.

My aim i to normally want to meet some I've met again, introduce them to others I have met and possibly likewise.

Some people are asking for a few veris on a prospective meets profile and in some cases it makes sense.

*and again I will point my personal opinion wich is..I want to know a litle bit about the person(s), so a veri like, "she sucks for BLANK"- gives me fuck all info on if she is fun...which I would say most of my meets have been....even before we start shagging

"i only meet single men

yeah some don't show, but most do (and most come back)"

Like Zebedee ...... boing!!!

Its not the single men that are the problem its the married men claiming to be single.

"All i can say is the guy must be barking mad i read your profile and you sound hotter then a hot thing on a hot day in hell with a scorching hot pro pic .

Just hope you this guy hasn't put you off all us single guys that do show up "

It's been at least a week since I last stalked you!!! Like the new pic *drool* lol Ms

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

some single guys are great and some are prats, same with couples and single ladies - you simply can't over generalise. Z

On a more serious now that I've wiped my chin we haven't encountered many timewasters on here and from our limited experience and talking to others, I think that you get dreamers, fakes, timewasters etc in equal measures like rugby said. A good filtering system and not taking it to heart helps. Ms

I have another issue with some guys and couples who want to endlessly talk about what they want to do, but don't follow it up with a meet.

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

Single guys waste of time or not....Not

We have met some great single guys off here and another site. Plus a few that haven't been so great....but that's life.

In general we have been very lucky but then we do choose who we meet very carefully. Have only ever had one no show off a single guy and that was one who we had met already (and he did text to say he couldn't make it)

» Add a new message to this topic