FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > !!Warning!! Dogging in Northumberland and Durham

!!Warning!! Dogging in Northumberland and Durham

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

This is a link to an article in the local paper today.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/news/north-east-news/2009/02/15/cops-warn-doggers-of-a-clampdown-79310-22930334/

It seems that the police are to take drastic action at dogging sites in Northumberland and Durham. It's worth a read.

Pesonally we think dogging should be way down in the list of 'must do's' for the police, but there you go, just like motorists - easy targets.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ortheastcoupleukCouple  over a year ago

easington were the sun dont shine

we had been to clubf one night and on our way back we called into washington met a cpl who we had a bit crac k on with there was a single lad there to we all were just talkin nowt was happening when a police dog van cum in and the copper got owt his attitude was very aggressive i was well being me givin it the jokey crack he didnt like it one bit and started saying if we didnt move on or came back in the futre he would lock us up .the mrs was crappin so off we went before he got in a propa strop lol

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Many police officers will do this, because they dont like doggers about, but I think that you will find that dogging is not illegal, and that you cant be lifted for it, providing that you are in a public place and not overlooked by anyone.

Of course thats not to say that they are not above having you for something else like worn tyres etc, in order to put the fear into you

S&A

Not sure about that Stuart as sex in a public place can't be legal.......surely ?

I admit we are not big on dogging, but as I understand it, the rules are that it has to take place on pubic property,[on private would be tresspass, in England],.. it cant be overlooked by anyone of anything, and mustnt be in a place where the general public walk, or can come across you.

The only time we went dogging we had two patrol cars come through the area, very slowly and on side lights, they didnt stop and then left.

I cannot swear I am correct, but this was what I once read on a site called `Melanies` a few years ago, that is quite big on dogging

S&A

I read this part and altho its from 2004 it made me chukkle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Locations include a lay-by near the viaduct at Bishop Auckland, a picnic area on A68 at Crook, and on the A66, eastbound from Darlington towards Stockton, “a long layby, set back from road, about half-way between Darlington and Stockton. Late nights around 11.30, various activity including male/female couples

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It sounded more like an advert for dogging in detail. pmsl

I wish other would find better things to do than complain, I bet those that are complaining just arn't getting any sex. lol

Have to admit, we love a bit of outdoor fun, and we agree that the police should have better things to do, but while we have boy racers tearing around most places, and dogger’s who cant be arsed cleaning up there mess, as well as the ones who just don’t give a shit and are happy to go out during daytimes and don’t care who sees them, then its just going to get worse.

Hi ive just found this on the net..

Think it helps a little..

2003 Sex Act, Section 66 "Exposure".

(1) A person commits an offence if :-

(a) he intentionally exposes his genitals, and

(b) he intends that someone will see them and be caused alarm or distress.

(2) A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable :-

(a) on summary conviction, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 6 months or a fine not exceeding the statutory maximum or both;

(b) on conviction on indictment, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 2 years.

2003 Sex Act, Section 67 "Voyeurism".

(1) A person commits an offence if :-

(a) for the purpose of obtaining sexual gratification, he observes another person doing a private act, and

(b) he knows that the other person does not consent to being observed for his sexual gratification.

(2) A person commits an offence if :-

(a) he operates equipment with the intention of enabling another person to observe, for the purpose of obtaining sexual gratification, a third person (B) doing a private act, and

(b) he knows that B does not consent to his operating equipment with that intention.

(3) A person commits an offence if :-

(a) he records another person (B) doing a private act,

(b) he does so with the intention that he or a third person will, for the purpose of obtaining sexual gratification, look at an image of B doing the act, and

(c) he knows that B does not consent to his recording the act with that intention.

(4) A person commits an offence if he installs equipment, or constructs or adapts a structure or part of a structure, with the intention of enabling himself or another person to commit an offence under subsection (1).

(5) A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable :-

(a) on summary conviction, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 6 months or a fine not exceeding the statutory maximum or both;

(b) on conviction on indictment, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 2 years.

So, in plain English the two main points to consider are:

Under section 66, the issue is intent to cause distress or alarm, so as long as you take sensible measures to not be viewed by innocent by-standers like choosing remote areas for your meetings and preferably late at night then IN THEORY you are making no malicious intent to cause distress or alarm.

Under section 67, the important thing is to make certain you have received an obvious invitation to watch people dogging, it's all about consent, so as long as you aren't deliberately sneaking up on 'non-dogging' courting couples who had no intention of being watched by anyone then IN THEORY you should be okay.

Please note that these laws apply to the UK only and that this information is published only as a brief guideline and shouldn't be relied upon as any kind of defense.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Notice how the above all relates to "HE".

Does that mean woman can do all this and not face prosecution ?

Well if that really is how it is written, then you probably could get off it with a decent enough lawyer. The law is all about interpretation...

» Add a new message to this topic