FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Meeting in pub for a Social

Meeting in pub for a Social

Jump to: Newest in thread

By * and B OP   Couple  over a year ago

Durham

We don't really do this anymore. Clubs are now our choice to meet on the whole. We did however decide Friday gone we would meet a couple. Chatted for a week and all was going swingingly. They arrived on time. BUT. They didn't look anything like their pictures, as in, we believe pics where from 10 years ago. He was very d*unk. Sitting at a table and trying to chat he let the whole pub know what we were talking about. We told him several times to keep the volume down to no avail. In the end he stormed out in the huff dragging his wife behind him. Phew we thought, as Mrs F was just about to tell him 'This social is over' and were worried we'd cause a scene, with him being two sheets to the wind. Its one thing having to filter out the fools before we meet but when we are already in a pub with one, thats a whole new ball game

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

That's awful.... good job you are both strong minded and told him. Some would be too embarrassed to say anything.

If I meet anyone for a social and get a hint of drink or drugs I'm gone. Even if pics look nothing like the person again I'd say something then leave.

This is where meeting in public places is best, just for situations like yours .

Durham

"That's awful.... good job you are both strong minded and told him. Some would be too embarrassed to say anything.

If I meet anyone for a social and get a hint of drink or drugs I'm gone. Even if pics look nothing like the person again I'd say something then leave.

This is where meeting in public places is best, just for situations like yours ."

We are strong minded. As we always say todays nightmare is tomorrows funny story. We have laughed about it all weekend. Can't believe we lasted an hour to be honest

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

Oh well ..... Next

Durham

"Oh well ..... Next "

So true

"We don't really do this anymore. Clubs are now our choice to meet on the whole. We did however decide Friday gone we would meet a couple. Chatted for a week and all was going swingingly. They arrived on time. BUT. They didn't look anything like their pictures, as in, we believe pics where from 10 years ago. He was very d*unk. Sitting at a table and trying to chat he let the whole pub know what we were talking about. We told him several times to keep the volume down to no avail. In the end he stormed out in the huff dragging his wife behind him. Phew we thought, as Mrs F was just about to tell him 'This social is over' and were worried we'd cause a scene, with him being two sheets to the wind. Its one thing having to filter out the fools before we meet but when we are already in a pub with one, thats a whole new ball game"

Not good, it just shows it's hard to get a real feel for People from just pics & their profiles l. Sounds like You Guys handled it well though Look forward & not back & better luck next time

Sometimes you get the idiots,you just got to them all out lol,good luck with your next one

Durham

"We don't really do this anymore. Clubs are now our choice to meet on the whole. We did however decide Friday gone we would meet a couple. Chatted for a week and all was going swingingly. They arrived on time. BUT. They didn't look anything like their pictures, as in, we believe pics where from 10 years ago. He was very d*unk. Sitting at a table and trying to chat he let the whole pub know what we were talking about. We told him several times to keep the volume down to no avail. In the end he stormed out in the huff dragging his wife behind him. Phew we thought, as Mrs F was just about to tell him 'This social is over' and were worried we'd cause a scene, with him being two sheets to the wind. Its one thing having to filter out the fools before we meet but when we are already in a pub with one, thats a whole new ball game

Not good, it just shows it's hard to get a real feel for People from just pics & their profiles l. Sounds like You Guys handled it well though Look forward & not back & better luck next time "

We always try to be positive and not much gets us down. Onwards and upwards always. Just puts us on the back foot to do socials out of a club environment. It had been a very long time since we did a social in a pub. Then the couple we meet remind us why. At least they turned up suppose

I don't see why people use old photos do they think you'll overlook that and want to play regardless a club is always better at least u judge someone on the night and not from a pic from an age ago

How do people think they will get away with 10 year old photos? Are they going to say they aged overnight? Yesterday I looked like the photo I sent you. Now today I woke up and I looked 10 years older.

Mind you though there are quite a few few profiles on here that have pics that have been on their profile for a good 5- 10 years. I don't know whty but my brain is very good at remebering pictures more than profile text. I wonder why lol. Being serious there are some profiles I look at and think I definitely saw that picture on your profile about 7 - 9 years ago.

Before you meet anybody for a social or a meet it is a good idea to have a chat with them on a video chat such as skype. Then if they have passed off 10 year old photos they get found out sooner rather than later. If they are not willing to have a video chat alarm bells would ring for me.

"I don't see why people use old photos do they think you'll overlook that and want to play regardless a club is always better at least u judge someone on the night and not from a pic from an age ago "

That must be what they are hoping. The must obviously think they will overlook the 10 year old photos and have fun with us anyway.

We’ve never been keen on meeting in pubs for socials, too many other people about and a worry about whoever you are meetings behaviour we prefer hotel meets, at other people houses or clubs x

Durham

"Before you meet anybody for a social or a meet it is a good idea to have a chat with them on a video chat such as skype. Then if they have passed off 10 year old photos they get found out sooner rather than later. If they are not willing to have a video chat alarm bells would ring for me. "

Even that wouldn't have stopped him turning up 2 sheets to the wind and having no discretion while in a pub environment. We don't do the video skype thing. FF chat on the phone if we are not sure. Maybe if they had been an awesome couple one MIGHT overlook the old pictures. Well thats unless they used pictures of some super models and they turned out to be a cast members from the Munsters

You are so lucky to be in a couple though. How many vulnerable single women on here that have been faced with similar scenarios. I hate anything to do with drugs, but my first meet there was drugs paraphernalia lying around his apartment and I couldn't have got out of their fast enough. It could have turned nasty but luckily he wasn't a bad person, he was just mixed up in things that I wanted nothing to do with. I would feel safer as part of a couple for these kind of scenarios we can walk into. Glad you had eachother in this scenario xxx

Omg I just put the wrong use of there lol mortified lol

Durham

"You are so lucky to be in a couple though. How many vulnerable single women on here that have been faced with similar scenarios. I hate anything to do with drugs, but my first meet there was drugs paraphernalia lying around his apartment and I couldn't have got out of their fast enough. It could have turned nasty but luckily he wasn't a bad person, he was just mixed up in things that I wanted nothing to do with. I would feel safer as part of a couple for these kind of scenarios we can walk into. Glad you had eachother in this scenario xxx "

We have always took our hats off to you single girls, from all the messages, bad messages and like you say going off to a social on your own. Great character and very brave.

Durham

"Omg I just put the wrong use of there lol mortified lol "

No one from the vocabulary police will ever meet you again...... nearly put meat lol

By *oodnitegirlWoman  over a year ago

Yorkshire

Sorry. I’m a bit deaf that’s why I shout when I talk

Durham

"Sorry. I’m a bit deaf that’s why I shout when I talk "

Always nice to bump into you lovely friend

I don’t drink much anyway and I’d probably make a point of not drinking at all during a meet.

Iv had socials at a pub but no way would i get pie eyed im always on the diet

"We don't really do this anymore. Clubs are now our choice to meet on the whole. We did however decide Friday gone we would meet a couple. Chatted for a week and all was going swingingly. They arrived on time. BUT. They didn't look anything like their pictures, as in, we believe pics where from 10 years ago. He was very d*unk. Sitting at a table and trying to chat he let the whole pub know what we were talking about. We told him several times to keep the volume down to no avail. In the end he stormed out in the huff dragging his wife behind him. Phew we thought, as Mrs F was just about to tell him 'This social is over' and were worried we'd cause a scene, with him being two sheets to the wind. Its one thing having to filter out the fools before we meet but when we are already in a pub with one, thats a whole new ball game

Not good, it just shows it's hard to get a real feel for People from just pics & their profiles l. Sounds like You Guys handled it well though Look forward & not back & better luck next time

We always try to be positive and not much gets us down. Onwards and upwards always. Just puts us on the back foot to do socials out of a club environment. It had been a very long time since we did a social in a pub. Then the couple we meet remind us why. At least they turned up suppose "

By *loswingersCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

"We don't really do this anymore. Clubs are now our choice to meet on the whole. We did however decide Friday gone we would meet a couple. Chatted for a week and all was going swingingly. They arrived on time. BUT. They didn't look anything like their pictures, as in, we believe pics where from 10 years ago. He was very d*unk. Sitting at a table and trying to chat he let the whole pub know what we were talking about. We told him several times to keep the volume down to no avail. In the end he stormed out in the huff dragging his wife behind him. Phew we thought, as Mrs F was just about to tell him 'This social is over' and were worried we'd cause a scene, with him being two sheets to the wind. Its one thing having to filter out the fools before we meet but when we are already in a pub with one, thats a whole new ball game"

Thanks for sharing that

All our socials are in pubs, but Mr is no lightweight, if we call the parachute word we are off, get a tit on and get aggressive then more fool you. We would be off the minute the titty lip came out, we don't play with childish people.

Why would you ever turn up smashed??? Escape...... That's the word that springs to mind

» Add a new message to this topic