FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > More.

More.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Do you ever just stop and think...

"There's GOT to be more to life than this!"

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I used to but we made life changes and I often stop and think "I'm so flaming lucky"

By *eelouWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Do you ever just stop and think...

"There's GOT to be more to life than this!""

All the time, can be rather exhausting

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Yeah quite often. Everyday is pretty tiresome lately. I feel better in the summertime.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Not any more OP. X

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There is more to life than this there is a big wide world out there OP but then there is nothing wrong with spending some time in the small bubble known as Fab.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Do you? If so, why?

If you're feeling that way OP then the only way you can change things is to be pro active and take steps yourself to make your life better. I'm afraid there is only you that can do that. Life is a gift, if you feel you aren't getting enough out of life, then you have to make changes.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"If you're feeling that way OP then the only way you can change things is to be pro active and take steps yourself to make your life better. I'm afraid there is only you that can do that. Life is a gift, if you feel you aren't getting enough out of life, then you have to make changes."

Easier said than done if that person has depression. Seek professional help and by talking to others about the way you are feeling is very important.

Someone just sent me a supersweet message asking if I was OK, (person above) that's was so kind.

Just to add, it wasn't meant to be an antagonistic statement, I was reflecting a little on how we all seem wrapped up in our own little world's, even more so in the digital age, we tend not to think of a bigger spiritual picture.

"I used to but we made life changes and I often stop and think "I'm so flaming lucky""

And that’s how it should be.

"I used to but we made life changes and I often stop and think "I'm so flaming lucky""

What life changes did you make?

Over the past 7 years I have felt trapped and feel like I'm working to pay bills and not having much of a social life.

Recently I cut down my hours and have taken a pay cut.

But am so much happier!

I cannot believe it has taken me all this time to realise that time is precious not money

It's not just a cliche it's so true.

X

What on earth does op mean?

"I used to but we made life changes and I often stop and think "I'm so flaming lucky"

Over the past 7 years I have felt trapped and feel like I'm working to pay bills and not having much of a social life.

But am so much happier!

I cannot believe it has taken me all this time to realise that time is precious not money

X

"

Glad you have got there. It’s so true in what you have said. x

"

Glad you have got there. It’s so true in what you have said. x"

Thanks gorgeous x

There's never enough money!

Bit of a workaholic me and I push myself hard.

Always got lots going on but I do stop and meet people as a way to relax and have some enjoyment

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I used to but we made life changes and I often stop and think "I'm so flaming lucky"

But am so much happier!

X

"

We left our jobs, sold our house and moved to a much smaller one by the sea. Time is the most precious commodity and you're right it isn't a cliche.

"

Thanks gorgeous x

There's never enough money!"

Exactly. The more you have the more you want.

But am so much happier!

X

We left our jobs, sold our house and moved to a much smaller one by the sea. Time is the most precious commodity and you're right it isn't a cliche. "

You have my dream life x

Forum Mod

East Sussex

But am so much happier!

X

We left our jobs, sold our house and moved to a much smaller one by the sea. Time is the most precious commodity and you're right it isn't a cliche.

You have my dream life x"

It took a while to get here that's probably why we appreciate it

But am so much happier!

X

"

So true!!, time is the most valuable commodity that we often waste. Joe Rogan has a great take on the rat race.

https://youtu.be/WRK8qhuniJQ

I often question why I spend so much time in boring meetings making the rich richer, I think fear keeps me from fully letting go, yet fear doesn't even exist?? I commend your brave changes.

"

Thanks gorgeous x

There's never enough money!"

Again..so true...when you start thinking what would make you happy, say a paid up mortgage, as soon as you get closer to that goal it starts to morph.."a paid up mortgage and a rental to pay my bills" ...then again.."a paid up mortgage, rental, holiday home etc." There's never enough.

Some fascinating documentaries around on consumerism. Edward Bernays, the nephew of Sigmund Freud, who showed corporations how to make people want things they didn't need by linking mass-produced goods to unconscious desires...

Shit...I'm getting all serious aren't I

(Quitely grabs coat)

But am so much happier!

X

You have my dream life x"

And mine, something I've thought of past few years. Very brave of you both, must take some guts to give up everything like that and start anew x

"If you're feeling that way OP then the only way you can change things is to be pro active and take steps yourself to make your life better. I'm afraid there is only you that can do that. Life is a gift, if you feel you aren't getting enough out of life, then you have to make changes.

Easier said than done if that person has depression. Seek professional help and by talking to others about the way you are feeling is very important."

Exactly. That's what I said about being pro active. Anyone who is depressed needs to go and get help.

But am so much happier!

X

So true!!, time is the most valuable commodity that we often waste. Joe Rogan has a great take on the rat race.

https://youtu.be/WRK8qhuniJQ

I often question why I spend so much time in boring meetings making the rich richer, I think fear keeps me from fully letting go, yet fear doesn't even exist?? I commend your brave changes.

"

I'll have a look at the vid on YouTube

You're right about the fear.

I had to give up a lot to work less- but I really wish I'd done it sooner.

The next time you are sat in a mind numbingly boring meeting - plan your escape from corporate bullshit.

Life really is too short!

X

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple  over a year ago

Chester

Yes, gotta be lots more fun to have, so were getting out there as much as we can

Not too often. I’m quite happy in general

Forum Mod

East Sussex

But am so much happier!

X

You have my dream life x

And mine, something I've thought of past few years. Very brave of you both, must take some guts to give up everything like that and start anew x"

When I was talking to someone about it I likened it to stepping off a cliff and trusting that you could fly. We came to see the house we live in now for the third time when the purchase was on the verge of completion. Afterwards we went for a walk by the sea, looked at each other and said "what the hell have we done!?" We decided that we either pulled out there and then or went through with it. So, here we are . As I said up thread I feel lucky, we both do.

But am so much happier!

X

You have my dream life x

And mine, something I've thought of past few years. Very brave of you both, must take some guts to give up everything like that and start anew x

When I was talking to someone about it I likened it to stepping off a cliff and trusting that you could fly. We came to see the house we live in now for the third time when the purchase was on the verge of completion. Afterwards we went for a walk by the sea, looked at each other and said "what the hell have we done!?" We decided that we either pulled out there and then or went through with it. So, here we are . As I said up thread I feel lucky, we both do. "

I'm glad it all worked out for you

» Add a new message to this topic