FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > You know that thing where...

You know that thing where...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *opsy Rogers OP   Woman  over a year ago

London

They message with the ‘I know I don’t fit your preferences but I had to say how (insert bollocks here) you look’.

What’s that noise all about then?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman  over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

Lol. Well men have been raised to have opinions on womens looks for quite some time now so think that what they think about you is important.

By *imon the welderMan  over a year ago

Northampton

"They message with the ‘I know I don’t fit your preferences but I had to say how (insert bollocks here) you look’.

What’s that noise all about then?"

Because hope springs eternal....

Xx

By *r.BlondeMan  over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

"They message with the ‘I know I don’t fit your preferences but I had to say how (insert bollocks here) you look’.

If you don't buy a ticket you can't win the raffle

London

What’s that noise all about then?

Because hope springs eternal....

Xx"

Sad innit.

London

What’s that noise all about then? If you don't buy a ticket you can't win the raffle "

Sad innit.

Chester/Wirral

What’s that noise all about then? If you don't buy a ticket you can't win the raffle

Sad innit. "

If you don't ask, you don't get is a good mantra though. I've asked women in clubs who might be considered out of my league and I got lucky.

London

What’s that noise all about then? If you don't buy a ticket you can't win the raffle

Sad innit. If you don't ask, you don't get is a good mantra though. I've asked women in clubs who might be considered out of my league and I got lucky."

There’s only three things on my profile, no smokers, no attached men and taller than me. So why, when they have acknowledged those things by stating they don’t fit my preferences, do they even bother to waste time and message?

I do hope they enjoy my responses.

By *uciyassMan  over a year ago

sheffield

It’s because they are so experienced and single and available and know how to have nsa sexy time that they think no matter what they say it will instantly override and preferences you may have and you will jump onto your nearest travel convenience and rush to their sides to indulge in copious amounts of sex lasting no longer than 5 seconds whereas you will just look at them. Tell them to go and wonder what the fuck just happened.

Perhaps !?

Chester/Wirral

Sad innit. If you don't ask, you don't get is a good mantra though. I've asked women in clubs who might be considered out of my league and I got lucky.

There’s only three things on my profile, no smokers, no attached men and taller than me. So why, when they have acknowledged those things by stating they don’t fit my preferences, do they even bother to waste time and message?

I do hope they enjoy my responses."

Daniel Craig is only 5 foot 10 would you turn him down?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It’s not them, it’s their dick typing it when they are busy doing something else.

Sad innit. "

Or maybe it's just a guy giving a compliment and not necessarily expecting anything. It seems ratio of men to women and the desperation of some men is contributing to the over inflated egos of a lot of women. Just my take

London

Sad innit. If you don't ask, you don't get is a good mantra though. I've asked women in clubs who might be considered out of my league and I got lucky.

I do hope they enjoy my responses. Daniel Craig is only 5 foot 10 would you turn him down?"

Do you think I am going to fuck someone simply because they fit those three things? Do you fuck anybody?

My comment is on those men who acknowledge they fall outside at least one of those things and think that false flattery will make me drop my knickers.

London

Sad innit.

Or maybe it's just a guy giving a compliment and not necessarily expecting anything. It seems ratio of men to women and the desperation of some men is contributing to the over inflated egos of a lot of women. Just my take "

So explain to me why, if they know I’m not going to meet them, would they bother to message?

Have you any idea just how nigh on impossible it is to actually get a meet from here with a man that isn’t a self entitled misogynist?

It's showing appreciation whilst respecting your preferences.

Honestly, can't people simply accept a compliment or two these days?

I think there are some that genuinely wish to compliment, knowing nowt will come of it, merely with just the intent of raising a smile.

Nothing wrong with that in my book.

P

Why do people get so het up about such trivialities, surely you know what men are like on here. Just block and delete, it really isn’t hard.

"

So explain to me why, if they know I’m not going to meet them, would they bother to message?

Have you any idea just how nigh on impossible it is to actually get a meet from here with a man that isn’t a self entitled misogynist?"

Even in the vanilla world, it is difficult finding someone that meets all of one's criteri. On fab, with the ratios, I can understand your frustration. I can also understand some guys simply 'trying their luck's with such messages.

But sometimes, it's just a compliment. Ignore them if you will. If anyone is rude about that, block them. Just don't let it get to you and become nasty to every guy you think doesn't measure up to your standard. Because imho, that's on you not them...

London

"Why do people get so het up about such trivialities, surely you know what men are like on here. Just block and delete, it really isn’t hard. "

I do, often. It’s a great feature on Fab.

Chester/Wirral

I do hope they enjoy my responses. Daniel Craig is only 5 foot 10 would you turn him down?

Do you think I am going to fuck someone simply because they fit those three things? Do you fuck anybody?

My comment is on those men who acknowledge they fall outside at least one of those things and think that false flattery will make me drop my knickers."

So you never make exceptions then? Me no, I'm a fussy fucker but have I made exceptions before yes I have.

Ahhh, I see you’ve decided that every message from every guy is purely sent in the hope of a leg over?

Well, that is not always the case! I have often sent messages to ladies on here paying compliments in the full knowledge that nothing will come of it, and with no expectations of the message even being so much as read, never mind anything else! Sometimes it’s nice just to compliment, altruistically. You never know how that one compliment can sometimes make a huge positive impact on the recipient.

Maybe you’ve received messages from guys who think like me? You’re reaction doesn’t put you in a favourable light. I’d suggest posting your rant on your profile, and you’ll probably find your inbox a lot less busy!

I do hope they enjoy my responses."

Any insight into the responses? Lol

By *urvymamaWoman  over a year ago

Doncaster

It loosely translates as

“I want to fuck you so I’m chancing it anyway”

I believe it's called "trying their luck" and it works precisely 0% of the time with us

C

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Lol. Well men have been raised to have opinions on womens looks for quite some time now so think that what they think about you is important."

Haha, it's so true!

What’s so bad in passing a compliment?!

Sheesh, people these days eh

Manchester (she/her)

"What’s so bad in passing a compliment?!

Sheesh, people these days eh "

There's a game some guys play (not just on Fab, in real life too) where their "compliment" is actually "pay attention to me/ my boner and do as I say". It's sometimes hard to tell from just a compliment whether there's a subtext. (sometimes it is obvious, like the random stranger telling you that you'd be prettier if you smiled. Forgive me for being insufficiently decorative for you)

"

There's a game some guys play (not just on Fab, in real life too) where their "compliment" is actually "pay attention to me/ my boner and do as I say". It's sometimes hard to tell from just a compliment whether there's a subtext. (sometimes it is obvious, like the random stranger telling you that you'd be prettier if you smiled. Forgive me for being insufficiently decorative for you) "

Some people just like to play games. Even women. 'Feign disinterest or arrogance and the guys will chase me'. 'Show interest in her friend and she'll want me'... But not everyone does. Or even likes the games!

Discerning who does and who doesn't is usually the issue. But I guess on fab, it's just easier to think poorly of all guys and treat them thus. After all, there are so many of them. And most of them are douchebags...

Manchester (she/her)

"

There's a game some guys play (not just on Fab, in real life too) where their "compliment" is actually "pay attention to me/ my boner and do as I say". It's sometimes hard to tell from just a compliment whether there's a subtext. (sometimes it is obvious, like the random stranger telling you that you'd be prettier if you smiled. Forgive me for being insufficiently decorative for you)

Some people just like to play games. Even women. 'Feign disinterest or arrogance and the guys will chase me'. 'Show interest in her friend and she'll want me'... But not everyone does. Or even likes the games!

Discerning who does and who doesn't is usually the issue. But I guess on fab, it's just easier to think poorly of all guys and treat them thus. After all, there are so many of them. And most of them are douchebags... "

I don't think poorly of all guys. I take compliments where I see them, but that doesn't mean I reply.

Unfortunately my cynicism doesn't come from me thinking myself superior, it comes from around 25 years of guys intermittently hassling me because I owe them due to being a woman in public. Yes, yes, not all men. But I don't know whether an unsolicited compliment is naive (well meaning but comes across self absorbed), selfish, or predatory, so my best course of action is to be cautious.

"

I don't think poorly of all guys. I take compliments where I see them, but that doesn't mean I reply.

Unfortunately my cynicism doesn't come from me thinking myself superior, it comes from around 25 years of guys intermittently hassling me because I owe them due to being a woman in public. Yes, yes, not all men. But I don't know whether an unsolicited compliment is naive (well meaning but comes across self absorbed), selfish, or predatory, so my best course of action is to be cautious. "

Ironically, I think the reason some guys feel the need to play the games is because the guy who doesn't often comes across as naive or inexperienced. I've been on that end of the stick. So now, I just say what I feel and move on. No expectations. For instance, you have nice legs!

By *elightful 2Couple  over a year ago

No longer in the UK.

If it bothers you so much why not block all men and do the searching yourself.

"If it bothers you so much why not block all men and do the searching yourself. "

Perfect solution!

Like most things on Fab (indeed in real life) it's impossible to categorise the senders of all these messages into one type? As there will be;

1) Men chancing their arm who want to engage in some kind of bedroom gymnastics or other with you. If these are their intentions whilst in their defence they have at least read your profile and acknowledge that which is often the main complaint on here of some single guys, in reality they lack understanding that a woman's mailbox is forever rammed, to the stage that wading through the unfeasibly large mainly detritus of shite becomes a chore? It is this that convinced me personally to knock on the head messaging any women or couples first on my single profile before they messaged me. But I've never had any issue with having a satisfactory number of meets on here with those that I find appealing, if I had then I don't honestly know if that would have been a factor in my decision.

2) Men who genuinely just want to pay a compliment without expecting it to lead anywhere. Nothing wrong with that, receiving a compliment usually causes one to a least feels warm about it and even without any other agenda, I'd suggest that not enough people in the world actually pay compliments about others as it's far easier to piss and moan about a negative to get it off your chest than it is to acknowledge something being right? And it's sad that not enough people pay compliments as knowing you've caused someone else to feel good about themselves does in itself provide a sense of warmth and good nature in the one giving it too, sadly those who don't do this either don't know that or are too hardened and emotionless.

The problem you and in all honesty probably near enough all of Fab users have is not being able to distinguish between these 2 camps most of the time as they don't make it obvious which one they fit into!

B

Manchester (she/her)

"

Unfortunately my cynicism doesn't come from me thinking myself superior, it comes from around 25 years of guys intermittently hassling me because I owe them due to being a woman in public. Yes, yes, not all men. But I don't know whether an unsolicited compliment is naive (well meaning but comes across self absorbed), selfish, or predatory, so my best course of action is to be cautious.

Ironically, I think the reason some guys feel the need to play the games is because the guy who doesn't often comes across as naive or inexperienced. I've been on that end of the stick. So now, I just say what I feel and move on. No expectations. For instance, you have nice legs! "

Thank you! I tend to take compliments but ignore/ deny any attempts to make it go somewhere I don't want it to.

» Add a new message to this topic