FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Does humour turn you on or off?

Does humour turn you on or off?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Have I shot myself in the foot by making my profile to humourous? Or is it better to stand out from the crowd?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Sorry but i like humourous but i didnt find it funny, i just got bored reading it.

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

[Removed by poster at 30/01/12 14:19:53]

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Have I shot myself in the foot by making my profile to humourous? Or is it better to stand out from the crowd?"

think profiles are you window of opertunity so why not use it to grab the limelight so to speak .

I have had many comments on my profile some good some not so good..not my fault some cant see that my profile is very much tongue in cheek lol

I even had one guy mail me last week and tell me i was so much up my own ass when i asked him what he ment he said my profile was all about me me me ..hmmmmmm who else should it be about its my profile lol

i like to see humour in a person means they don't take themselves serious

"i like to see humour in a person means they don't take themselves serious

"

Yes i do to, only not everyone finds the same things funny.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

I found your profile to be very humourous, and no, you haven't gone too far. But then again I'm that sort of person, I do appreciate that some people might just be a little more miserable, but we aren't all the same.

"Sorry but i like humourous but i didnt find it funny, i just got bored reading it."
+1 made it about quarter of the way, not a slight hint of funny so gave up

i crafted my profile so it was witty and a bit of a piss take.

got me loads of messages to say how funny it was, but it was lost on people looking for meets.

so it is now pretty much straight laced again.

Love humour, but didn't find it humourous. Joke wasn't that funny to begin with, then you flogged it to death & dragged it around after you.

By *aveandkate35Couple  over a year ago

telford

"Love humour, but didn't find it humourous. Joke wasn't that funny to begin with, then you flogged it to death & dragged it around after you. "

Take note... - now that was funny

Seriously though, he's right.

And you also lost a point for not saying "look at the penny".... bad effort...

Ta

D

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Looks like 8 out of 10 cats would not choose my brand of humour. Thanks for the feedback though xxx

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"Looks like 8 out of 10 cats would not choose my brand of humour. Thanks for the feedback though xxx"

Many of these are not your 'target audience' anyway so don't lose any sleep over it.

the attractiveness of a sense of humour is as subjective as how you feel regards their looks.

sarcastic and dry, childish and purile, the list goes on

target a type then tune the humour to the type of humour you want in a woman, or just be yourself

I'd say put what you want on your profile, as long as you're happy with it.

But to answer your question, it's difficult to say really. It will attract people who share similar humour to yours but will put off some people you could have got on with who don't share the same brand of humour.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I love humour, especially if it starts with a laugh at yourself and then WITH others.

Humour is very subjective and I think in writing can be very difficult.

I have always said a man could laugh me into bed and I stand by that wholeheartedly. There have been times in the forums where someone has pricked my interest for being witty and funny, and while I might not have ordinarily paid much attention to them a meet has been arranged off the back of it.

Personally I like the originality of your profile... but have a very little attention span and found myself skipping over most bits. I like to know a little bit more about you as a person. Your humour can come across during messages, in the forums and obviously in the elusive meets.

That is just be humble opinion.. but well done on being different!

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Harry Hill turns me off big time.

"Have I shot myself in the foot by making my profile to humourous? Or is it better to stand out from the crowd?"

well just goes to show how everyone sees humor different, i didnt laugh once

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"i like to see humour in a person means they don't take themselves serious

Yes i do to, only not everyone finds the same things funny."

Have to agree...making me laugh is jsut a shortcut to my knickers, but the OP;s doesnt...then again we arent cuck so not his target market.

OP it's u so thats what matters most.

There is some truth in that old saying "he laughed me into bed" or "he laughed me out of my knickers"....s'true. Although tends not to work if you are too much of an ugly fucker though...that;s the only downside

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I liked it but it's definitely a once only joke. Also, are you supposed to be Clit Bang? Or are you advertising another guy?

PS You don't make it very clear that you meet single women. As the first part is obviously about you playing with a couple a single female might stop reading before she gets to the bit where you list your wants. I know I nearly did! Having said that, if you see me in Chams, say hello. Just please don't say 'HELLO, MY NAME IS BARRY SCOTT'

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

Its one of the biggest turn on for me..quite often male and female humour is poles apart..when a woman makes me laugh and is on the same wavelength humour wise its magical..not that it would inspire me to go behind my wifes back...just on a social level.

I've recieved numerous (2) messages from people saying that they've found my profile funny yet they all refused to sleep with me. I think that proves that, if you're trying to trick women into sex, humour definitely doesn't work.

"I've recieved numerous (2) messages from people saying that they've found my profile funny yet they all refused to sleep with me. I think that proves that, if you're trying to trick women into sex, humour definitely doesn't work."

And we all know how much women love to be deceived into bed!

I find the Cillit Bang adverts extremely annoying so that joke was a bit of a 'lead balloon' for me ...sorry!

"I've recieved numerous (2) messages from people saying that they've found my profile funny yet they all refused to sleep with me. I think that proves that, if you're trying to trick women into sex, humour definitely doesn't work."

just pissed meself laughing at your profile

By *orth West CoupleCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

Sorry but your profile wasn't that humourous, a bit like laughing at an arthritic geriatric trying to twist open the lid on her cardiac pills during a seizure

By *uitar_antiheroMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Personally I didnt laugh, but I could appreciate that some effort had gone into it. If a woman did that Id be more inclined to send a message. At least your profile doesnt just say ''fill in later" or "here to meet girls"

» Add a new message to this topic