FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Poor spelling

Poor spelling

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *isaAndNicoleTrans OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Southport / Ellesmere Port

Is it just me or does poor spelling put you off meeting someone?

Example: man on fabguys just winked me - his status says "Lookin for versitile guys . Like tvs and men. And orale ."

I didn't even look at his profile after that. Or am I just a snob?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hope U R ok hun x

By *aria_dreamgirlTV/TS  over a year ago

stockport

No excuse for illiteracy

"Is it just me or does poor spelling put you off meeting someone?

Example: man on fabguys just winked me - his status says "Lookin for versitile guys . Like tvs and men. And orale ."

I didn't even look at his profile after that. Or am I just a snob? "

wouldnt put me off. It's not his grammar I'm after.

By *ay123mailMan  over a year ago

Seaham

Maybe they are spanish or mexican sure it means okay lol doubt they mean it that way though

"Hope U R ok hun x "

Text speak I can sort of cope with if it makes sense, it's just the spelling of simple words that puts me off!

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

No it doesn't both me, I'm dyslexic and couldn't give a monkies if my spelling is incorrect.

No one has spelt me into bed!

"Hope U R ok hun x

Text speak I can sort of cope with if it makes sense, it's just the spelling of simple words that puts me off! "

I am slightly dislexic so I do confuse c and q and others letters when I write fast.

Or I forget to put words I thought of but didn't write for some reasons

I didn't even look at his profile after that. Or am I just a snob? wouldnt put me off. It's not his grammar I'm after. "

I'm not after his grandma either lol

No, not at all, most mistakes are probably auto carrot anyway!

I didn't even look at his profile after that. Or am I just a snob? wouldnt put me off. It's not his grammar I'm after.

I'm not after his grandma either lol "

maybe his grandpa is ok lol.

As a general rule, if they can’t spell it, they probably can’t do it ...

I didn't even look at his profile after that. Or am I just a snob? wouldnt put me off. It's not his grammar I'm after.

I'm not after his grandma either lol maybe his grandpa is ok lol. "

Ooohh yes I'd have him!

I'm not after his grandma either lol maybe his grandpa is ok lol.

Ooohh yes I'd have him! "

I'll toss you for him

Ooohh yes I'd have him! I'll toss you for him "

Oh now, that's an offer a girl can't refuse!

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

English may not be his first language, if not then allowance should be made for that. Some profiles on here do state if not British so poor grammar is understandable.

Ooohh yes I'd have him! I'll toss you for him

Oh now, that's an offer a girl can't refuse! "

Snob. He could be dyslexic etc

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

In the rest of my life I'm a terrible snob.

Here... I have a limit of how much I'm willing to decipher. If you make it hard work to read, I won't bother. (I do try, but after a point it becomes too much work)

I cunt spell at all

I didn't even look at his profile after that. Or am I just a snob? English may not be his first language, if not then allowance should be made for that. Some profiles on here do state if not British so poor grammar is understandable."

He is British. I am chatting with him now and his spelling is still shocking but he sounds like a nice man. Maybe I am just a snob!

you're a snob

Grammar Nazi sad idiots put me off meeting them....It should be fun here but they take it soooooooo serious....It's not a game of countdown here or a place to big your ego up by picking on other people's faults....I've also never heard of someone spelling someone into bed

"Grammar Nazi sad idiots put me off meeting them....It should be fun here but they take it soooooooo serious....It's not a game of countdown here or a place to big your ego up by picking on other people's faults....I've also never heard of someone spelling someone into bed "

yea spot on,,i prefer to go looks and personality

"Grammar Nazi sad idiots put me off meeting them....It should be fun here but they take it soooooooo serious....It's not a game of countdown here or a place to big your ego up by picking on other people's faults....I've also never heard of someone spelling someone into bed

yea spot on,,i prefer to go looks and personality "

eh goooood looks,,lol

There’s a fine line between grammar nazis and people that use text speak...or people that simply can’t spell their home town. It’s an additional filter for us

By *ollycouple71Couple  over a year ago

manchester

"Grammar Nazi sad idiots put me off meeting them....It should be fun here but they take it soooooooo serious....It's not a game of countdown here or a place to big your ego up by picking on other people's faults....I've also never heard of someone spelling someone into bed "

Not sure about the use of the term "nazi" in this context but I had a chat with the man as he sent me a respectful message (still full of spelling mistakes haha), we weren't compatible but he seemed nice so maybe I should change my view.

But I agree, I do draw the line at people that can't spell the town or city that they live in though! I see that quite a lot.

"No it doesn't both me, I'm dyslexic and couldn't give a monkies if my spelling is incorrect.

"

Same here, we both are and if people are that bothered well they arnt worth the time

By *eal_curves_is_backWoman  over a year ago

London

Yes, you are. And so am I.

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Doesn't bother me if they tickle my fancy in other ways

By *rontier PsychiatristMan  over a year ago

Coventry

Well I'm often making spelling mistakes and being made a fool of by my auto text. Each to their own. My general rule of thumb is if they judge by the quality of the spelling and not the content of what I have to say then they are not for me either.

I wonder how many people have been checking their spelling before they post on this thread tonight!

By *llenGTWoman  over a year ago

East/West Mids

Oh yes!!! One of my updates this week was

‘ I would rather cuddle then have sex’ to check people’s understanding of grammar

By *eal_curves_is_backWoman  over a year ago

London

"I wonder how many people have been checking their spelling before they post on this thread tonight! "

Zero point zero.

yes it does put people off it seem due to being one of them who has poor spelling

"I wonder how many people have been checking their spelling before they post on this thread tonight!

Zero point zero. "

Well no one has made a spelling mistake yet!

"Grammar Nazi sad idiots put me off meeting them....It should be fun here but they take it soooooooo serious....It's not a game of countdown here or a place to big your ego up by picking on other people's faults....I've also never heard of someone spelling someone into bed

eh goooood looks,,lol"

Someone I'm very close to on here is one of the nicest people you could wish to meet....She's stunning and I mean model looks....She would always go out of her way to help others as she a lovely person....She's dyslexic....Shes had abuse off the grammar Nazis on here and now she sits there reading what she's typed over and over again because of the way the sad acts have made her feel....That's why I'm passionate about this subject as someone I know and love is hurt by the egotistical bullys on here....I can read her words and sometimes she spells the same words differently but there still understandable and I'm sure others can see what people are trying to spell....There's no excuse for picking up on other people's grammar....If I did that I wouldn't of met my now best friend and one of the nicest people I know.

It's bullying....It's egotistical....It's sad to put people down over something so trivial as we all have our little faults that we can't change.

I think the problem here is not other people's spelling it's the attitude problem of the bullys that pick up on other people's little faults

Snob

eh goooood looks,,lol

Someone I'm very close to on here is one of the nicest people you could wish to meet....She's stunning and I mean model looks....She would always go out of her way to help others as she a lovely person....She's dyslexic....Shes had abuse off the grammar Nazis on here and now she sits there reading what she's typed over and over again because of the way the sad acts have made her feel....That's why I'm passionate about this subject as someone I know and love is hurt by the egotistical bullys on here....I can read her words and sometimes she spells the same words differently but there still understandable and I'm sure others can see what people are trying to spell....There's no excuse for picking up on other people's grammar....If I did that I wouldn't of met my now best friend and one of the nicest people I know.

It's bullying....It's egotistical....It's sad to put people down over something so trivial as we all have our little faults that we can't change.

I think the problem here is not other people's spelling it's the attitude problem of the bullys that pick up on other people's little faults "

You are right actually. I've never bullied anyone over it previously but have taken an active decision not to reply to them. It's wrong I agree. It's come from my job I suppose where it's critical that spelling mistakes aren't made. I can look at a whole A4 sheet of words and spot the spelling mistake a mile off.

Having said all that a couple from the clubs I go to and am very close to aren't the best spellers - they have even asked me to be a bridesmaid at their wedding next month - so maybe I shouldn't be so judgemental. That's why the debate on these forums is good x

well most do pick on others here if they have poor spelling

By *ubmissive-MissiveTV/TS  over a year ago

Teesside

It doesn't put me off. But I do see it as an additional plus point if someone has good spelling/grammar.

eh goooood looks,,lol

I think the problem here is not other people's spelling it's the attitude problem of the bullys that pick up on other people's little faults "

Here's a thing: about 10% of the population are dyslexic. And yet....the percentage of people who contact us on fab who are seemingly unable to construct a proper sentence is well above 10%.

Yes: Some people have dyslexia. But others are lazy or ignorant. Are we snobs? Probably. But I happen to think that individuals who care about what they say to potential fuck-buddies, people who take the time and energy to re-check messages, people who are intelligent and articulate are more likely to make amazing lovers. They are more imaginative and interesting. Can someone spell me into bed? No. But an engaging, thoughtful individual probably can.

Finding intelligence attractive is no more trivial than preferring large breasts or six packs.

And there is a huge difference between being a poor speller, being dyslexic and being unintelligent. The latter is dull. We can all be guilty of misspelling. But these can be quickly dismissed in an otherwise articulate message.

Anna

By *RDJMan  over a year ago

Normanton

If it's a spelling mistake in something like a first message, profile or status update then yes it puts me off. Only because you should be proof reading them as they are something you ideally would have put some thought into.

However, if it's in the middle of a conversation then I don't care, I put that down to a typo which happens to us all

I'm somewhat anal about my spelling and punctuation but in this context it doesn't bother me if the woman I'm interacting with isn't.

If I was looking to date her on the other hand, then yes it would bother me if she spelt poorly.

eh goooood looks,,lol

I think the problem here is not other people's spelling it's the attitude problem of the bullys that pick up on other people's little faults

You are right actually. I've never bullied anyone over it previously but have taken an active decision not to reply to them. It's wrong I agree. It's come from my job I suppose where it's critical that spelling mistakes aren't made. I can look at a whole A4 sheet of words and spot the spelling mistake a mile off.

Having said all that a couple from the clubs I go to and am very close to aren't the best spellers - they have even asked me to be a bridesmaid at their wedding next month - so maybe I shouldn't be so judgemental. That's why the debate on these forums is good x "

It is the way forward to see things differently as that helps you expand as a person....If we all judged people for being different then it would be a sad world.

I've seen people look at others with bad grammar like there scutters....or no education....and so on....It's not the case....The person I was talking about comes from a well to do family and she's really clever....its just her brain sees words differently.

That's not a crime or something to be judged on and the only people missing out are those that make presumptions on people they know nothing about.

eh goooood looks,,lol

Here's a thing: about 10% of the population are dyslexic. And yet....the percentage of people who contact us on fab who are seemingly unable to construct a proper sentence is well above 10%.

Yes: Some people have dyslexia. But others are lazy or ignorant. Are we snobs? Probably. But I happen to think that individuals who care about what they say to potential fuck-buddies, people who take the time and energy to re-check messages, people who are intelligent and articulate are more likely to make amazing lovers. They are more imaginative and interesting. Can someone spell me into bed? No. But an engaging, thoughtful individual probably can.

Finding intelligence attractive is no more trivial than preferring large breasts or six packs.

And there is a huge difference between being a poor speller, being dyslexic and being unintelligent. The latter is dull. We can all be guilty of misspelling. But these can be quickly dismissed in an otherwise articulate message.

Anna "

Was it Richard Branson that said....The only people that accused him of having no drive or imagination or intelligence are the blind arrogant ones that don't understand dyslexia and other people.

"I wonder how many people have been checking their spelling before they post on this thread tonight! "

too busy checkin my makeup

I understand that to some it is abhorrent but unfortunately some people have difficulties with literacy for many reasons, however unless you know the background of someone then I believe you may be depriving yourself of meeting he perfect person for you due to their literacy level.

By *ersiantugMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

"No it doesn't both me, I'm dyslexic and couldn't give a monkies if my spelling is incorrect.

"

In the US they say "spelled". Who gives a shit? It's not an online course in English. It's indecipherable messages that piss me off. I have honestly turned down people I was initially interested in due to just too many unintelligible colloquialisms, half-words, miss-words, totally computer-generated words and no attempt to clarify anything at all, even after prompting. They always end in a question mark and the answer always becomes "Sorry..." (well I'm very polite).

Manchester (she/her)

"I understand that to some it is abhorrent but unfortunately some people have difficulties with literacy for many reasons, however unless you know the background of someone then I believe you may be depriving yourself of meeting he perfect person for you due to their literacy level."

I don't know why a perfect person can't also be literate.

There's a difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

Dis maykes me a bad persun....reyley ugley....A skuta....as I was 2 kool 4 skool init....You iz beta than me I your mind becus your ego has put you above others....My spelin make me ugly and fick to your arogance init....perfect persun wiv no fults at all lol

[Removed by poster at 24/07/19 23:18:47]

"I understand that to some it is abhorrent but unfortunately some people have difficulties with literacy for many reasons, however unless you know the background of someone then I believe you may be depriving yourself of meeting he perfect person for you due to their literacy level.

I don't know why a perfect person can't also be literate. "

I agree wholeheartedly, and I believe you prove my point. A connection between two people cannot be based purely on literacy levels. Just because someone's literacy level is above or below yours does not mean you aren't the perfect match or would get on like a house on fire.

By *urls and DressesWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere near here

I’m a little snobbish when it comes to spelling and grammar. I can forgive typos or if dyslexic. I cannot stand text speak, takes me twice as long to read it

Cardiff

Imagine if everyone here bought Grammerly?

Some people would be begging for the old ways, so they could see wot was wot, wot.

It's all part of communication. If rather unkingly contact is such an issue to someone, they'd likely be awkward with them anyway.

Personly tho I will offen dum down to get in some1s undies. Cuz I luvs the way they look

"I wonder how many people have been checking their spelling before they post on this thread tonight!

too busy checkin my makeup

"

Mine has just come off - well apart from the glitter in my glittery eye shadow - can't seem to shake that off!

Never stopped me getting all the vaginas

Manchester (she/her)

"I understand that to some it is abhorrent but unfortunately some people have difficulties with literacy for many reasons, however unless you know the background of someone then I believe you may be depriving yourself of meeting he perfect person for you due to their literacy level.

I agree wholeheartedly, and I believe you prove my point. A connection between two people cannot be based purely on literacy levels. Just because someone's literacy level is above or below yours does not mean you aren't the perfect match or would get on like a house on fire."

No, you miss my point entirely. If I can't read what someone's writing, and they communicate in a way that irritates me (everyone makes mistakes and dyslexia is different) we're not going to be a match.

Thought we was all here to have fun not to have an English lesson

Manchester (she/her)

We're all different. Ain't life grand.

By *eisurepleasureMan  over a year ago

belfast

The amount of times i see ect on here is annoying

Its etc

"Thought we was all here to have fun not to have an English lesson"

Yes, but surely it's all about connections on Fab? Clubs are different but if you are inviting them into your own home then you can only go off what and how they say things

"The amount of times i see ect on here is annoying

Its etc "

I see a lot of people saying defiantly instead of definitely.

The way people spell would not bother us at all as we are not attracted to how you spell it's how you look how you are as a person not how they spell

I agree wholeheartedly, and I believe you prove my point. A connection between two people cannot be based purely on literacy levels. Just because someone's literacy level is above or below yours does not mean you aren't the perfect match or would get on like a house on fire.

No, you miss my point entirely. If I can't read what someone's writing, and they communicate in a way that irritates me (everyone makes mistakes and dyslexia is different) we're not going to be a match. "

And maybe i have missed the point but this is the issue with text/written communication and not either face to face or verbally as human beings communicate via the pitch of the conversation and via visual recognition interpretation.

By *RDJMan  over a year ago

Normanton

It's not about being unable to spell. It's more that if theres a clear error in a key piece of text, shows a lack of effort or care imo.

Its etc

I see a lot of people saying defiantly instead of definitely. "

Far too many instances of this kind of thing that really bloody annoy me tbh

Manchester (she/her)

No, you miss my point entirely. If I can't read what someone's writing, and they communicate in a way that irritates me (everyone makes mistakes and dyslexia is different) we're not going to be a match.

And maybe i have missed the point but this is the issue with text/written communication and not either face to face or verbally as human beings communicate via the pitch of the conversation and via visual recognition interpretation."

Indeed.

But this is a text based medium. If I don't understand you, I'm not going to take a chance on you. That's, personally, my line. If I have to decode and effectively edit messages to work out what you're trying to tell me, I'm not going to bother. Too much like hard work.

By *ookie61Man  over a year ago

Malton

There is a lot of bad spelling on here and yes it does put us off answering yet alone meeting but worse are those that just text straight to the point now they are the ones we delete

By *riple SCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

For me it's just the start of the reason to say 'No thanks', but there would need to be more.

However, if the message is so bad that I struggle to read it, I tend not to reply.

By *riple SCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

Below is what I can remember from a message we received on SH earlier in the year.

U wanna meat up i bi so i axed ma man shud we av 3sum he up 4 it

"Below is what I can remember from a message we received on SH earlier in the year.

U wanna meat up i bi so i axed ma man shud we av 3sum he up 4 it"

How could you resist! Did she bring her axe lol

Cardiff

[Removed by poster at 25/07/19 00:06:29]

By *zamiWoman  over a year ago

LONDON

If its really bad so I can actual understand or its written in text speech - puts me off

Cardiff

You know people, some of this is class signalling - and there is a real wisdom in that. And anyway, some people on here always will meet after a few grunts, whereas other people require so much more.

The thing is - it all needs to be sorted somehow, and this is how we do it. What other way is there in a place like this? This is cheap and cheerful fabswingers, it's not a valet service in the Ritz! When people like me at some point do a bit of everything, I think people are entitled to try their fuck luck, however fussy you might appear about it too.

It's interesting that in the more old-fashioned CONTACTS profiles (full of acronyms long before mobile phones btw), I imagine that people probably still signal all their needs, like polite contact, upfront. 'Educated x' etc? Makes a lot of sense when you think about it.

By *ohn8210tCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

We don’t like bad spelling or punctuation. We once had a message off a couple and their spelling was poor. We got chatting and it turned out he was partially sighted. He cycled to work as he couldn’t get a driving license.

He couldn’t see the keypad properly, hence lots of mistakes.

We met them and they were lovely.

We think perhaps we are sometimes too quick to judge people. It humbled us quite a lot.

eh goooood looks,,lol

Anna

Was it Richard Branson that said....The only people that accused him of having no drive or imagination or intelligence are the blind arrogant ones that don't understand dyslexia and other people."

It was George Bernard Shaw that said "the biggest single problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place". If you're unable to effectively communicate, how on earth can you possibly form a connection? But, I guess, a connection is not what everyone is looking for.

It's easier to throw around slurs like "bully" or "arrogant" than to engage in meaningful discussion.

A

Cardiff

" We don’t like bad spelling or punctuation. We once had a message off a couple and their spelling was poor. We got chatting and it turned out he was partially sighted. He cycled to work as he couldn’t get a driving license.

He couldn’t see the keypad properly, hence lots of mistakes.

We met them and they were lovely.

We think perhaps we are sometimes too quick to judge people. It humbled us quite a lot."

And on top of that he did it anyway, knowing that the right kind of people would still think of a meet.

By *ottyNStripes30Couple  over a year ago

Oakham

"Oh yes!!! One of my updates this week was

‘ I would rather cuddle then have sex’ to check people’s understanding of grammar "

Helping your Uncle, Jack, off a horse' and 'helping your uncle jack off a horse.

When people can't even spell where they come from :0).

Braford, middlton, liveerpol

By *umbria rodMan  over a year ago

barrow in furness

"

Applause for the nice people

Doesn't bother me as long as the chat is decent it's all good

By *odkajemWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

eh goooood looks,,lol

Anna

Was it Richard Branson that said....The only people that accused him of having no drive or imagination or intelligence are the blind arrogant ones that don't understand dyslexia and other people.

It was George Bernard Shaw that said "the biggest single problem with communication is the illusion that it has taken place". If you're unable to effectively communicate, how on earth can you possibly form a connection? But, I guess, a connection is not what everyone is looking for.

It's easier to throw around slurs like "bully" or "arrogant" than to engage in meaningful discussion.

A "

You, and everyone previously you have quoted,

By *enie MeenieMan  over a year ago

West Sussex

Its 2019 embrace it. If the person isnt a dickhead cool. Saves a minute or two of your life

I must applaud the standard of spelling on this thread tonight - haven't spotted one error apart from when it's deliberate! xxx

You can turn someone down if you don't fancy their face - that's fine.

But if you don't fancy their spelling it's the end of the world.

To a degree. But if the persons profile seems like they are nice and friendly, they seem a good person, and I find them attractive, it isn't a deal-breaker. I guess sometimes it can be a case of they aren't great at typing, or perhaps they struggled at school or have dyslexia. I try not to judge too much about spelling and keep my grammar cringe internal

I've never expected them to write anything when we meet! I have a very dyslexic daughter so don't notice spelling anymore tbh ... text speak and lazy writers are worse for me!

"I've never expected them to write anything when we meet! I have a very dyslexic daughter so don't notice spelling anymore tbh ... text speak and lazy writers are worse for me! "
imo yer rite cbam hagd

By *xLedZepxx2Man  over a year ago

Didcot

Not so much put off by minor spelling and grammar mistakes, I find the biggest put offs are lazy messages, "hows you" or "hows U" being the absolute worst, is it so difficult to say "Hi, how are you?"

By *aria_dreamgirlTV/TS  over a year ago

stockport

Agree with you Led Zep. Great band by the way. Kashmir album brilliant.

"To a degree. But if the persons profile seems like they are nice and friendly, they seem a good person, and I find them attractive, it isn't a deal-breaker. I guess sometimes it can be a case of they aren't great at typing, or perhaps they struggled at school or have dyslexia. I try not to judge too much about spelling and keep my grammar cringe internal"

Internal grammar cringe. Love it.

I'm aware that there are dyslexics on here, but if I have to try and decrypt a message that has poor spelling and poor punctuation then it's a no from me,

I have better things to do than translate gibberish into English especially when half the time I can't make any sense out of it.

I also like a sensible conversation so messages containing words like "innit", "dude" (sorry Borris, it's a no from me) or incomplete sentences are not going to get my attention (well not for the right reasons anyway)

[Removed by poster at 25/07/19 08:22:01]

eh goooood looks,,lol

well said,its petty and childish

eh goooood looks,,lol

well said!

By *s Fussy BiatchWoman  over a year ago

somewhere along the fylde

Spelling doesn't put me off its when they use text speak "u OK? Wuu2?" my eyes audibly roll at those

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Yes you are

Yep, your a snob

Didcot

"Yep, your a snob "

I see what you did their

By *ribsaMan  over a year ago

A box at end of your bed

eh goooood looks,,lol

well said! "

Hear hear

my spelling is terrible in all honesty my 11 year old has corrected me many a time when writing out emails or letters. Spelling is not one of my strong points. Sometimes auto correct and auto text don't help only make things worse lol

But give me anything mechanical in bits and I will put it together and get it working. Everyone has their strong and weak points.

eh goooood looks,,lol

well said!

Hear hear

my spelling is terrible in all honesty my 11 year old has corrected me many a time when writing out emails or letters. Spelling is not one of my strong points. Sometimes auto correct and auto text don't help only make things worse lol

But give me anything mechanical in bits and I will put it together and get it working. Everyone has their strong and weak points.

"

I wouldn't worry about your spelling....People can understand other people's words so there shouldn't be a problem....unfortunately there are some egotistical idiots that ride there ego trip by putting other people down....I would rather meet 1 nice person with poor spelling than 10000 people with a self important attitude problem.

judging others without knowing there back ground to me is a form of bullying

"judging others without knowing there back ground to me is a form of bullying

"

I write all me messages in italic

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

"

Oh my God. It's "their" not "there" for fuck sake!

By *lanemikeMan  over a year ago

Bolton

"judging others without knowing there back ground to me is a form of bullying "

Errrrr How, in what way ???

By *tarbeckCouple  over a year ago

york

Bolton

Or am I just a snob? "

No Lisa, not just you and no, you are not a snob....

By *emarkablybobMan  over a year ago

Bradley Stoke,south Gloucestershire

"

This - its a sex site not English A level

I struggle with it if I’m honest

"

We all make judgments about people about all sorts of things without knowing their backgrounds. How on earth do you equate that to bullying?

Didcot

"This - its a sex site "

yah think? I made the mistake of saying that in the Lounge section and got well and truly flamed by mostly females apparently this is not a sex site, who'd of known.

Cardiff

"This - its a sex site

yah think? I made the mistake of saying that in the Lounge section and got well and truly flamed by mostly females apparently this is not a sex site, who'd of known."

Did you say it in the politics forum too?

Didcot

"Did you say it in the politics forum too?"

Que?

We all make judgments about people about all sorts of things without knowing their backgrounds. How on earth do you equate that to bullying? "

I was wondering the same.

If someone is slagging people off for their spelling fair enough.

But if all they've said is it puts them off meeting, that's just their preference.

I find it bullying more when people start whining about other people's preferences when they are excluded from meeting them. Whether that's due to their spelling, body size, age, whatever, it doesn't matter. It's their preference.

They can decide they *don't* want to fuck someone for whatever reason they like!

Best I saw was when someone put that they liked alan sex.

Oh the sheer amount of spelling mistakes..

See, the odd one or two isn't too bad but if it's text speak or irritating popular abbreviations it does have a tendency to grind my gears.

You aren't the only one by far!

Gotta love "Horney as fcuk!" updates

By *xtrafun4youMan  over a year ago

Dunstable

I didn't even look at his profile after that. Or am I just a snob? wouldnt put me off. It's not his grammar I'm after. "

Well said

Not everyone can write in English. shallow

By *hawshank.Man  over a year ago

local

No think I'm the same. Dont get me wrong I'm no literature expert but some there is no excuse for some of the grammar an posts etc

By *umbria rodMan  over a year ago

barrow in furness

Ooohh yes I'd have him! I'll toss you for him "

Whos getting tossed and why wasnt i informed

"

Good attitude, I don’t misspell things intentionally but I have fat fingers and an iPhone so often things get messed up

By *panddownMan  over a year ago

Broughton

It’s easy to spot incorrect spelling from dyslexia which I have no problem with - but bad spelling their / there and so on is not good

Some people don’t speak English as a first language. A couple messages and you can ascertain this. If their message says “wot u doing” that’s lazy text speak. If they say “I like a females” it could be a second language causing blips in translation. I’m sure you know this and yes I understand about dyslexia and issues that impact people spelling or typing.

I do struggle to read some of it.

"

This

Absolutely crazy how judgemental people are on this site, especially when people bang on how about it’s meant to be fun, they don’t take life to seriously bla bla

Imagine possibly missing out on the best time ever with a person because their spelling or grammar is bad, that person in real life maybe your absolute ideal but god forbid they can’t spell or add a comma here and there. It says more about the person who judges them.

By *edbath 5Man  over a year ago

london

[Removed by poster at 29/07/19 13:11:27]

By *edbath 5Man  over a year ago

london

Since I left school many years ago I’ve been in good jobs that never really needed me to spell. The only time I write things now are birthday cards and the like plus the occasional report to people like me.

I think the person should be judged on how they behave on a meet and not if they are a Lexicographer or not.

By *razywelshboyMan  over a year ago

Rhyl

I am dyslexic and try my best to get it right thanks to spell check but even that can't help sort some of it out

All comments are very interesting and have a point

Worse things on here to worry about than a spelling mistake..

at least shows human no one is perfect....then add in predictive text that auto corrects as its sent..

By *ollycouple71Couple  over a year ago

manchester

This

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

It might make me study their picture a bit closer.

But I'm not here to judge anyone on their spelling.

And it's not their ability to spell that interests me.

You want to write an essay to someone or fuck them?

What about people like me,am dyslexic.I try my best tho.

By *cutebum9Couple  over a year ago

wallsend

Both dyslexic here too but we went on here for a spelling test we are here to swing like most sorry that everyone in the world aren't perfect. Dyslexia doesn't make you a bad person

By *laytimenowMan  over a year ago

Essex

Anuvver phlamin fread abowt how peeple rite wot thay rite.

Iz de Wurld sew fugged upp dat peeple oo swingz r rezortin ta

stopin frum meatin uther peep judst coz thay mite

maik a spellin mis-steak

These sknobby tiepes weally weally dew ma heid inn

Bolton

WHAT.....????

By *lexeatonMan  over a year ago

Cannock Chase Area

O yeh, pore speling realiy pushs my butons. Puts me of a meat completly

By *entle giraffeMan  over a year ago

Minehead

"It’s easy to spot incorrect spelling from dyslexia which I have no problem with - but bad spelling their / there and so on is not good"

How much do you actually know to make this statement? The example that you give is a classic for people that sit within the dyslexic spectrum.

By *eviationMan  over a year ago

Brynamman

There is an excuse (potentially)for poor spelling, grammer etc

Poor education be it teaching,home life(poorparenting) bullying,moving schools,

Lack of abilities of the person but lots of these people have skills and abilities that others don't

I would say next time your unable to do a job around your home garden or vehicle and you need a skilled person to do it for you

Let them finish the job to your satisfaction then ask them about their formal qualifications you may be supprised

Look poor puntuation lol

It's not so much the poor spelling, I can accept that. It's the bad punctuation, or lack of it that grinds my gears!

By *ixie55Woman  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

Its etc

I see a lot of people saying defiantly instead of definitely.

Far too many instances of this kind of thing that really bloody annoy me tbh "

How many spell tongue as tounge! It’s even highlighted as incorrect spelling. Annoying.

By *astyEricMan  over a year ago

Hull

Grzegorz brzeczyszczykiewicz chrzaszczyrzewoszyce powiat lekolody zólkiewskie.

When you read that properly I will spell properly

By *appytochatMan  over a year ago

Deep in the New Forest

But if you met the same person in a club would you walk on by or do you hand out an English exam paper for them to fill in before you will interact with them? No one is perfect. I'm shit at maths but it doesnt make me any less of a person.

As the person that started this thread I've followed the debate with great interest. And it has actually made me change my view. I get so many daft messages every day, as we all do, but lumping them in with people that can't spell properly is wrong. I actually feel quite ashamed and will change my ways from now on. After all its well known that Shakespeare couldn't spell either. I still wouldn't let him shag me as I've heard he is a timewaster lol but at least I'd give him a chance! xxx

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I didn't even look at his profile after that. Or am I just a snob? English may not be his first language, if not then allowance should be made for that. Some profiles on here do state if not British so poor grammar is understandable.

He is British. I am chatting with him now and his spelling is still shocking but he sounds like a nice man. Maybe I am just a snob! "

well if your chatting to him you couldnt have been that put off by his spelling otherwise you would of just passed him by

"But if you met the same person in a club would you walk on by or do you hand out an English exam paper for them to fill in before you will interact with them? No one is perfect. I'm shit at maths but it doesnt make me any less of a person. "

I was referring to people I invite into my home but you are right, see my message above. However I do draw the line at people that can't do advanced algebra

I didn't even look at his profile after that. Or am I just a snob? English may not be his first language, if not then allowance should be made for that. Some profiles on here do state if not British so poor grammar is understandable.

He is British. I am chatting with him now and his spelling is still shocking but he sounds like a nice man. Maybe I am just a snob! well if your chatting to him you couldnt have been that put off by his spelling otherwise you would of just passed him by"

I chatted to him following advice from this thread x

By *astyEricMan  over a year ago

Hull

According to statistics 80% of British can't spell properly, due to silent letters etc.. 30%of foreign people can spell better or just as good as average British, that being their second or third language.

If something I would blame British education system, which atm don't allow teachers to scold or keep pupils for another year till they learn, because it's considered as discrimination

Not poor spelling precum and touch screen just don’t work wee together

By *agenta400Woman  over a year ago

All over the shop

Yup, I’m a spelling and grammar snob too. I want brains not fuckwittery. Autocorrect is an arse but not proofreading is unforgivable.

By *agenta400Woman  over a year ago

All over the shop

"But if you met the same person in a club would you walk on by or do you hand out an English exam paper for them to fill in before you will interact with them? No one is perfect. I'm shit at maths but it doesnt make me any less of a person. "

As a domme I think that’s a bloody splendid idea!!

By *yx_InannaWoman  over a year ago

Burslem

I've dumbed down to fit in.

I'm dyslexic and also have dyspraxia.

People rarely tell I have dyslexia till I'm more tired and I dont notice or correct my mistakes.

But in person and online people will go oh she's using another big word no one knows. There she goes again waffling shit no one can understand.

That hurts too. I worked hard and self educated for the most part. No one spotted my dyslexia till I'd spent nearly 4 years in college. I'd left school when I was 12 and attended college at 14. A lecturer who was also of a high IQ and dyslexic noticed.

I spell things wrong, I have issue with names and memory recall. It's in my brain all there but just on the tip of the tongue.

I struggle to say words I've said 100s or 1000s of times I struggle to remember which way they are spelt and even 5 different ways written all look the same, all look right all look wrong in that very moment.

I confuse 4s and 7s, 2s and 5s, 3s and 8s due to how I write them. I change how I do my 7s I end up confusing them with 1s.

So I'm judged for being dyslexic I'm also judged for being smart. People take the piss out of me for my dyspraxia, both of which takes massive effort in order to appear normal and also prevent injury to myself. Top that off with everything else I have to make appear normal it's mentally and physically exhausting.

Either way I don't fit in till I sound just like those around me. Which gets so tiring having to rethink the rethink.

Is it fair to judge someone who is actually doing their best?

Text speak is lazy but honest spelling mistakes it's something at least that they are making the effort to communicate with you.

Wouldn't it be so easy for them to text speak? Yet they know how poor their spelling is and you ridicule them for putting the effort into their writing?

Were in a society that judges everyone who is different to themselves.

Judge less and accept more.

We are on a website full of people doing things most in society cannot accept and here time and time again this topic pops up judging people for trivial things like how a person spells.

If you make it so your potential meets have at least 2 degrees I guarantee you'll find people who still can't spell. Poor spelling isn't equated with lacking intelligence.

Judge a person when you meet them because until that point you know very little, if you're popular and looking for ways of filtering your message load, knock yourself out mind but yes a snob

"As the person that started this thread I've followed the debate with great interest. And it has actually made me change my view. I get so many daft messages every day, as we all do, but lumping them in with people that can't spell properly is wrong. I actually feel quite ashamed and will change my ways from now on. After all its well known that Shakespeare couldn't spell either. I still wouldn't let him shag me as I've heard he is a timewaster lol but at least I'd give him a chance! xxx "

I love this, hope they’re really nice.

By *tingly ByronMan  over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

There are many reasons why some people demonstrate poor spelling or grammar in the written word. Education, nationality, technology etc.

I can live with that.

Text speak makes my eyes bleed, particularly if it's a long message.

The posts that amuse me the most are when people openly critique and belittle poor spelling, when their own repost contains spelling mistakes.

I have a default response to people who comment on people's spelling mistakes;

"Ah, another unemployed schoolteacher"

My spelling is great,, but it doesn’t help me one little bit in attracting potential partners. Whinging about people’s spelling - now that does put me off much more than a person’s inability to spell

By *layer oneMan  over a year ago

mirfield

"No excuse for illiteracy "
er yes there is it’s called dyslexic

People often reject on height or age or smoking and that's seen as ok.

Yet when people reject on spelling or grammar people get irate.

Why?

"People often reject on height or age or smoking and that's seen as ok.

Why? "

Maybe because it seems a bit of a stretch to link how enjoyable sex would be with someone, with how they spell. Perhaps some feel it's a bit petty.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Some people have reasons for poor spelling, such as dyslexia. I don't judge them because of it.

I can't spell "Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch"

Does that mean I'll be a shit fuck?

"I can't spell "Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch"

Does that mean I'll be a shit fuck?"

yes now get on your knees

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

"I can't spell "Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch"

Does that mean I'll be a shit fuck?"

Harder to pronounce than spell!

By *1bttmMan  over a year ago

Shoreditch east London

Nahhhh yr not a snob unless u wanna win the accolade of the Mrs Slocombe or Hyacinth Bucket of the tv/ts world

Or maybe u have yr own self esteem issues that makes u wanna highlight to everyone yr better qualities.

Wouldn’t necessarily put us off but it would make us more cautious. Text speak and the use of F instead of TH in their vocabulary would be more off putting.

Everyone to their own though.

Why?

Maybe because it seems a bit of a stretch to link how enjoyable sex would be with someone, with how they spell. Perhaps some feel it's a bit petty. "

So like a 55 year old would be a great fuck but a 56 year old would be shit.

Why?

Maybe because it seems a bit of a stretch to link how enjoyable sex would be with someone, with how they spell. Perhaps some feel it's a bit petty.

So like a 55 year old would be a great fuck but a 56 year old would be shit. "

I wouldn't know, it's got nothing to do with the subject of the thread. I was simply answering your question with one of probably dozens of reasons.

Why?

So like a 55 year old would be a great fuck but a 56 year old would be shit.

I wouldn't know, it's got nothing to do with the subject of the thread. I was simply answering your question with one of probably dozens of reasons. "

Sorry I was just thinking aloud really, didn't mean to make it seem like I was picking on you.

By *rednwilma1Couple  over a year ago

york

I don't like bad grammar, it's not the be all and end all but to me it sends out a statement about the person that they are too lazy to autocorrect JMO

Hey we all make mistakes it's life doesn't make them a bad person

Just to repeat what I said earlier:

As the person that started this thread I've followed the debate with great interest. And it has actually made me change my view. I get so many daft messages every day, as we all do, but lumping them in with people that can't spell properly is wrong. I actually feel quite ashamed and will change my ways from now on. After all its well known that Shakespeare couldn't spell either. I still wouldn't let him shag me as I've heard he is a timewaster lol but at least I'd give him a chance! xxx