FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > That first message ?

That first message ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is it me? So most other guys get RSI from sending out so many messages as an introduction.

What’s the best approach? Short and sweet ? Detailed ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *adeiteWoman  over a year ago

Poole, but up in lincs for a bit

Profiles are the first things people look at. Do you think you're selling yourself well.

Also just to note the Sydney uni warnings ect carry no weight. They're a crock of shit

By *J coupleCouple  over a year ago

stone

"Profiles are the first things people look at. Do you think you're selling yourself well.

Also just to note the Sydney uni warnings ect carry no weight. They're a crock of shit "

Same here. We always read the profile first and to see the Sydney stuff with other ‘legal’ warnings puts us off. Strange really.

"Profiles are the first things people look at. Do you think you're selling yourself well.

Also just to note the Sydney uni warnings ect carry no weight. They're a crock of shit

Same here. We always read the profile first and to see the Sydney stuff with other ‘legal’ warnings puts us off. Strange really. "

Thanks .. completely agree .. I have no idea if I’m selling myself well or not lol.. does it depend on the buyer ? Shy away a little from being too specific as conversation is always better .

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Try starting a normal conversation. Someone else suggested something that works. Something like, I see you like these certain clubs. Which one would you recommend?

Something like that is a good start.

By *J coupleCouple  over a year ago

stone

Same here. We always read the profile first and to see the Sydney stuff with other ‘legal’ warnings puts us off. Strange really.

Thanks .. completely agree .. I have no idea if I’m selling myself well or not lol.. does it depend on the buyer ? Shy away a little from being too specific as conversation is always better . "

All looks better now the university stuff’s gone . Maybe a few more photos to see. Best of luck.

By *welthmonkeyMan  over a year ago

stockport

Also just to note the Sydney uni warnings ect carry no weight. They're a crock of shit "

Lol I’d say only 20/30% of the people I message actually bother to look at my profile and just delete message... maybe I’m doing something wrong, but usually polite or I. Response to something I’ve read on their profile, bit of a shame really how people beg you to read their profile then just delete when you’ve made some effort...

By *heslimoneMan  over a year ago

Deeside

Lol I’d say only 20/30% of the people I message actually bother to look at my profile and just delete message... maybe I’m doing something wrong, but usually polite or I. Response to something I’ve read on their profile, bit of a shame really how people beg you to read their profile then just delete when you’ve made some effort... "

It does get frustrating for your average nice guy when that happens(99% of the time) but it's understandable given the amount of messages most women/couples get on here not to mention how many turn out to be time wasters, nobody is going to sit and read through 500 messages and reply to every single one. Profile photo i suspect will always be the first element of filtering out any unwanted messages, if the face/body/cock doesn't appeal then not much point in wasting anyone's time.

Personally when i send out a first message i try to pick up on something in the profile description or current status, of course it rarely works but hey i refer you back to the point about profile pics!

By *ubmissive-MissiveTV/TS  over a year ago

Teesside

I'd go with a concise message which shows you read the person's profile. Something which clearly isn't a copy/paste job or, God forbid, the dreaded 'Hi' or 'How's you?'.

By *heslimoneMan  over a year ago

Deeside

"I'd go with a concise message which shows you read the person's profile. Something which clearly isn't a copy/paste job or, God forbid, the dreaded 'Hi' or 'How's you?'."

I get that can be a bit boring but I'm interested to learn from the ladies here if that is an instant ignore even if it is just the opening line of a more interesting comment? Myself I'm a polite guy and just assume that enquiring after someone's well being is simply that, polite. So long as you string out a sentence or two with something more interesting included surely that's ok?

"Is it me? So most other guys get RSI from sending out so many messages as an introduction.

What’s the best approach? Short and sweet ? Detailed ?"

short sweet detailed, so check the profile check the pics, say lovely things based on profile and pics and also say something witty and random.......... Where you get loads of replies don't forget it was me that helped you

By *aughtyNipplesWoman  over a year ago

newport, shrops

I like messages which either show a GENUINE interest in me and something specific

Or...a message which makes me laugh, they really stand out.

Not quite the same but on a dating site someone likened my profile to a job application and all his message was relating a job application to his skills and this made me chuckle that it showed his intelligence and chatted back with him. We met for a few months but had it been a simple 'hi, you alright' it would have been a delete.

I've had similar clever messages here too but can't remember the details

Don’t ask how they are doing. Also don’t start with saying how sexy they look. Heard it all a million times, it doesn’t work at all. Ask questions about clubs they visit. Talk about their home town or something innocent to start, if they are interested the conversation will move on. Guys steamroll in far to often and that’s a close shop straight away.

I think there's too much pressure to write the 'perfect' first message. If you're messaging someone you like the look of but they don't have much written in their profile it can be hard to know what to put - this is why I tend to message people who have written something in their profiles that I can respond to. But if someone sends me a message that's nice, suggests they've looked at my profile and gives me something to respond to then that's a decent start.

Some good responses . I guess the volume of single guys messaging really doesn’t help!

If our profile says looking for guys the messages are relentless so have to keep it to women and couples. The number aren’t going to suit men on here. And those guys lacking social skills to chat women up normally are going to suffer the same on here. But there’s so many more of those weirdos talking to you, so many get deleted. Just start a normal convo, nothing sexual or you’ll be treated like the rest of the retards who don’t know how to talk to the opposite sex or a couple.

» Add a new message to this topic