FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Labels

Labels

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Coming from another thread why do we need labels, why do we need to label ourselves. Sexuality vs Sexual behaviour as its put.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ngie-babyWoman  over a year ago

huntingdonish

so we can buy our clothes in the right size

also the washing instuctions are very handy

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It strikes me that for some people on here its not the label which raises their ire, but rather who or when someone else attempts to apply that label in a generic or specific way which effects them personally.

For instance, someone attempting to quantify BBW to a dress size. If a person chooses to pin themselves with that label all is well and good - but pigeon-holing a section of the population in applying constraints will always garner derision and resentment from those people for whom the constraints apply but who do not describe themselves as such.

Describing yourself using as many labels, definitions, tropes or generalisations as you see fit and feel comfortable with is your right in a society which still hold true to the ideals of free speech and freedom of thought - but the danger comes in applying those labels to others who may disagree with their definition or their constraints.

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

"It strikes me that for some people on here its not the label which raises their ire, but rather who or when someone else attempts to apply that label in a generic or specific way which effects them personally.

For instance, someone attempting to quantify BBW to a dress size. If a person chooses to pin themselves with that label all is well and good - but pigeon-holing a section of the population in applying constraints will always garner derision and resentment from those people for whom the constraints apply but who do not describe themselves as such.

Describing yourself using as many labels, definitions, tropes or generalisations as you see fit and feel comfortable with is your right in a society which still hold true to the ideals of free speech and freedom of thought - but the danger comes in applying those labels to others who may disagree with their definition or their constraints."

That's about the size of it.

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

"Coming from another thread why do we need labels, why do we need to label ourselves. Sexuality vs Sexual behaviour as its put."

Self applied labels are a way of identifying who you want to fuck in the context of fab and time savers in day to day life...for example i am a carer, this label allows carers Nothumberland( a charity ) to identity me as someone who may benefit from their services.

If i did not self identify as a carer then they would not be able to contact me.

In terms of sexuality it is useful if people know i am sub and owned, it means other subs dont contact me to be Dommed and Doms dont contact me to get me to kneel for them..in theory at least.

Labels are necessary on a site like this or we would all waste hours contacting those outwith our criteria.

The problem comes when others insist on their definitions of sexuality and sexual behaviour and try to label others, which i object to.

» Add a new message to this topic