FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Are Clubs Dieing?

Are Clubs Dieing?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *kmale421 OP   Man  over a year ago

wirral

I have copied this question off another site because I thought it was a good well phrased question. I wonder what the patrons of FAB think and how they would answer?

Mark

"There is no doubt that many businesses are struggling in the current economic times, they are bound to since many families are struggling, normally anything related to the sex industry manages to pull through, perhaps because the tighter things are the more we need to look for relaxation to ease the stress.

But the signs are out there that even the swinging clubs are feeling the pinch these days with clubs offering Free admission on some nights, not just new clubs but long established clubs too.

Take a look at some of the reviews in club sections on various sites, some are having to ask thier regulars to post multiple reviews sometimes as many as 8 reviews by the same couple posting weekly, a sure sign of "numbers desperation".

Others are getting thier regulars to advertise for them in various "seeking meets" areas, nothing wrong with this but is it actually helping clubs, support is great but it does sometimes look like the club they are trying to support is actually desperate to attract people.

Are we about to see the fall of a number of clubs that will not survive the economic climate ?

What about your regular club, are the numbers staying static ? are numbers up or down ?

Oh and if you answer that there is no need to name the club of course or that might make it look like some of the others plea to visit lol"

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ub bbwWoman  over a year ago

oldbury

I have only been on the club scene 6 months but i would say yes they seem quiet at the moment it can only pick up tho

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Depends.. Whenever I go to chams its packed.. I think its the fact that prices seem to be going up..

I attend 3 clubs on a regular basis.. Chams, Xotix Xtreme and The attic..

now one is a new club.. so it would be unfair to judge that one.. as new clubs always take time to get people.

But attic and chams always seem to be busy enough.

Maybe we are just a horny lot in the midlands.

Cali

It's a business I would not want to be in during boom let alone recession.. You have to have a full'ish establishment to be rated good, but also have to retain and maintain premises of a suitable quality.

However, I think more clubs are opening than closing on average through the last few years when the economy has supposedly been totally against it.

Any club can be killed very quickly if the same people turn up constantly in ever reducing numbers... new blood is obtained by good reviews, good reviews come from good parties, good parties come from good guests, and if the club 20 miles away has a new "whatever" customers can very quickly disapear hence the free entry nights etc.

By *aveandkate35Couple  over a year ago

telford

It's an intresting question - we've not been for a few months but over the last year I'd say numbers have remained constant if not grown slightly.

There could be many reasons for that - like already mentioned sex industries usually remain pretty constant. Or it could be that some clubs arnt doing so well and as such regular patrons are turning to some of the bigger clubs and thus self fulfilling their own prophecy of being a "better" club.

Who knows?

What I do know is that if I thought I could get planning i'd be converting my house - recession or not.

Ta

D&K

To be honest.. its cheaper for me to go to a swinging club and meet people I dont have to hide who I am... than it is to go out for a normal night out.

I can take my own drink if I want to.. So cheaper and better company.

although I will say I am more likely to go out and play with someone at a normal club than a swingers club.. Why.. because I love to chase.. lol

Cali

By *lkuk2000Man  over a year ago

London

The gf and I went clubbing on easter weekend, the club was not as packed as it was the last time we attended (about a year ago). We saw some familiar faces. However when we were coming in there was a new couple signing up. The only issue that we had was smoking, people were not sticking to the the designated smoking areas

» Add a new message to this topic