FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Swinger or Libertine...?

Swinger or Libertine...?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ibertines OP   Couple  over a year ago

N Devon

Not sure if we have come up with a proper definition, and got to wondering.

When we are asked about our lifestyle by those who do know and are curious we tend to prefer the term Libertines as it avoids all the stereotype assumptions that go with the term swinger.

are we the only ones who use the term? and does anyone else think there are subtle distinctions between the names?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Never heard that one before, but I guess it describes our relationship mucher better than 'swingers'

A rose by any other name smells just as sweet.

If a swinger you are then why call it something else unless you feel a little ashamed of it, in which case it's prob best to keep ur activities to yourself and not tell your friends about it.

Ashamed ? No, but we have two circle of friends, one of which we don't share all our private life.

Was thinking more of the fact that we play alone. To me swinging brings up images of couples.

Libertines was a political movement as well as a term to describe a swinger lifestyle this was the 1700s so they where much more free than us with the stupid lies the victorians put out that we live with today and if you find out about victorian life they talked purity but never lived it middle class women lived down the road from brothels full of men for them!!! the Libertines berlived that everyone was free that life was all you got and you should follow your heart and do what you want!

so i think you should stick with the term and keep having fun. i'm a libertine and have used that term about myself for years.

happy life to you all slaine

Trace has always liked the description "Pleasure Seekers".Although some vanilla friends of ours call us preditors.They say its like going to the pub with a couple of Vampires,lol.

Trace & Ric

XXXX

Google Libertines and it's not until page 5 that you get anything other than

"The Libertines were an English rock band. Formed in London in 1997 by frontmen Carl Barât (vocals/lead guitar) and Peter Doherty (vocals/rhythm guitar), ..."

Google Swingers and voilà!

As a previous poster said dress it up in any clothes you want to make you more comfortable but the term Swinger is what most associate those of us in the lifestyle as

By *eordiesCouple  over a year ago

newcastle

Libertines is the French word for swingers. See it all the time round Cap D'agde clubs and bars.

J & S

"Ashamed ? No, but we have two circle of friends, one of which we don't share all our private life.

Was thinking more of the fact that we play alone. To me swinging brings up images of couples. "

thats pretty much how i feel, i have children so i dont want people knowing what we do incase it gets to their kids and passed onto mine, i am not ashamed of what we do but i don't want my kids bullied in the play ground for it! as for telling people we feel close enough to tell, i don't class myself as a swinger, i mainly meet single guys alone as a single fem, to me that pure and simple conventional sex between a man and woman its not swinging, i prefure to say we have a open marrage

Dare say if the name 'libertine' was adopted, eventually as time goes by it would all kinds of sterotypes and assumptions, just the same as the present title does.

No matter what name you attach to a marginal pastime, narrow minded people will always tag it with all kinds of sterotypical beliefs

» Add a new message to this topic