FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Verification Usefulness

Verification Usefulness

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *amboo OP   Couple  over a year ago

kings lynn

Having come across our fair share of time wasting single guys on here, we are beginning to come to the following conclusion.

Even if the profile says Verified Genuine, unless there are 2/3 verifications by meeting in person shown on the profile, then it is unlikely the guy will turn up for a meeting when arranged.

Anybody else agree/disagree ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not sure; I have met a few single guys with no verifications and with loads, some I have not met have had the same so I think being verified makes no difference

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Disagree. I've met unverified men, my other half had a one line profile, no photos or verifications...it was his opening message.

I've never arranged a meet and they've not turned up...and I've been doing this for five years.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"Having come across our fair share of time wasting single guys on here, we are beginning to come to the following conclusion.

Even if the profile says Verified Genuine, unless there are 2/3 verifications by meeting in person shown on the profile, then it is unlikely the guy will turn up for a meeting when arranged.

Anybody else agree/disagree ?"

The only two no shows I had were verified several times, so this doesn't always hold true. I've met several unverified guys too.

I think its probably best to use verifications as a supporting tool. There are other reasons guys don't turn up for meets. Being arseholes is one of them.

"Having come across our fair share of time wasting single guys on here, we are beginning to come to the following conclusion.

Its not just single guys who waste peoples time, anyone on this site can waste peoples time whether they have no verifications or a enough to fill several volumes. There are a whole heap of time-wasting couples and single women too

So how about making a post discussing the merits of verifications without vilifying the a section of the community?

Single-Guy bashing is becoming fucking tiresome and I, for one, am sick to death of it.

The only two no shows I had were verified several times, so this doesn't always hold true. I've met several unverified guys too.

I think its probably best to use verifications as a supporting tool. There are other reasons guys don't turn up for meets. Being arseholes is one of them."

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

Disagree...

Trusting someone elses opinion rather than your own is your problem, not how many veris someone has.

Never had a single guy not show up, never read veris...do use gut instinct, common sense and our brains when arranging meets.

hexham

Its not just single guys who waste peoples time, anyone on this site can waste peoples time whether they have no verifications or a enough to fill several volumes. There are a whole heap of time-wasting couples and single women too

So how about making a post discussing the merits of verifications without vilifying the a section of the community?

Single-Guy bashing is becoming fucking tiresome and I, for one, am sick to death of it.

"

Because people dont want to look at themselves but prefer to blame others.

kings lynn

We are only looking for single guys so cannot express an opionon about other users.

I disagree

i have met people who are verified and cancelled last minute and i have met people who wasnt verified and turned up

"I disagree

i have met people who are verified and cancelled last minute and i have met people who wasnt verified and turned up

"

agreed! ive even let down by a verified guy on what would have been our 2nd meet

"We are only looking for single guys so cannot express an opionon about other users."

So vilifying (in a forum post) the one section of the community your looking to meets is somehow going to fix everything for you?

My opinion is that you have a very cynical unjustified view with few facts to substantiate it and tends to make you look bitter in your approach to single males.

The proper interaction, phone conversations and making people feel comfortable unthreatened and welcome is the way to go if you what people to trust you and turn up.

kings lynn

"We are only looking for single guys so cannot express an opionon about other users.

So vilifying (in a forum post) the one section of the community your looking to meets is somehow going to fix everything for you?"

Not looking to fix anything thanks, just asking if veris can help support a potential meet !

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Some verifications are good for a laugh... but that's about it.

A person could have 10 verifications from meeting in person... it doesn't mean there aren't another 20 people they didn't turn-up for.

i disagree as some guys i have met have not been verified genuine.

i know there are alot of time wasters on here but most of the guys are actually ok its the shitty single guys who take the piss that spoil it for the nice ones.

i mean i dont understand why people arange to meet some one to have fun and then dont turn up lol tis strange but i met a fair share of non veried guys and had lotsa of fun!

hexham

My opinion is that you have a very cynical unjustified view with few facts to substantiate it and tends to make you look bitter in your approach to single males.

The proper interaction, phone conversations and making people feel comfortable unthreatened and welcome is the way to go if you what people to trust you and turn up."

As another user posts on these type of threads, if someone is having problems with people not turning up, perhaps they need to look at the one thing all the meets have in common, themselves.

The proper interaction, phone conversations and making people feel comfortable unthreatened and welcome is the way to go if you what people to trust you and turn up.

As another user posts on these type of threads, if someone is having problems with people not turning up, perhaps they need to look at the one thing all the meets have in common, themselves."

hehe if only i could liek your thread!

As another user posts on these type of threads, if someone is having problems with people not turning up, perhaps they need to look at the one thing all the meets have in common, themselves."

Sometimes the common problem can be closer to home. If you have someone's confidence you are going to get a better result.

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

I have only once had someone that I would class as a timewaster ie arranged to meet and then did not turn up without letting me know.

He was verified by meeting in person.

By me.

London

"I have only once had someone that I would class as a timewaster ie arranged to meet and then did not turn up without letting me know.

By me."

Sorry, but that did make me giggle.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

i think it is more interesting seeing how people seem to use verification as if it is some kind of "crutch" to lean on....

I would like to think that I can make my own judgements on people and use my own gut instincts.. i know it is radical....

actually... in how many other situations would you implicitly trust the opinions of someone you have not known or met.... about someone else you have not known or met?

"I have only once had someone that I would class as a timewaster ie arranged to meet and then did not turn up without letting me know.

By me.

Sorry, but that did make me giggle. "

We meet verified and non verified single guys but always insist we meet at a club - then if they don't show it doesn't matter !

i think the verification system puts us in a catch 22 situation! a lot of gals wont meet if your not verified but you have to meet to get verified, lol. i wouldnt dream of not turning up to an arranged meet but understand the gals/couples are wary of this!

i think it is more interesting seeing how people seem to use verification as if it is some kind of "crutch" to lean on....

I would like to think that I can make my own judgements on people and use my own gut instincts.. i know it is radical....

actually... in how many other situations would you implicitly trust the opinions of someone you have not known or met.... about someone else you have not known or met? "

Most of the time it's down to the profile and the mugshot, and kinds of photos they have rather than the verifications which we don't tend to look at much. Like you say it's another persons opinion over an unknown quantity. Knowns are better.

Wolf

If it was my site..i'd probably take away the webcam veri's.

Yes meet veri's can give you a steer on someone..but ultimately common sense/gut feeling and messaging for a period of time seems to work for us.

'Him'

"

"

its not the so called single male so can we get that right i come across cpl and single women piss me about and i woz on this as a cpl myself and back as a single but its only the single men get it in the neck

Verifications mean nothing to me. It means they liked someone and decided to show up. Whether they'll turn up for me or not is a completely different matter!

[Removed by poster at 25/04/12 19:00:03]

We have never met single guys but were contemplating it,we wonder whether the press they get is deserved.

We would look firstly for a written verie as thats the way weve went with couples and as of yet we have never been let down

London

"Verifications mean nothing to me. It means they liked someone and decided to show up. Whether they'll turn up for me or not is a completely different matter! "

...and there you have it!

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

Anybody else agree/disagree ?We have never met single guys but were contemplating it,we wonder whether the press they get is deserved.

We would look firstly for a written verie as thats the way weve went with couples and as of yet we have never been let down"

i only meet single men and though i have been left sat in pubs waiting for someone who doesn't turn up (when i first joined the site and hadn't honed my meet criteria) i have met some of the nicest, sexiest men.

good luck

By *lackCherryCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

Its quite clear the verification system is not perfect, you only have to look at the several posts a week on the subject matter.

I quite like the photo verification system, that should be on signing up to the site and wanting to use it mandatory (or open up options like sending messages).

I know that it could be faked if someone cared enough, like really cared enough but the very fact that you have to print something unique on a bit of paper and take a picture is something and would severely cut down on the number of fakes.

It wouldn't do anything about time wasters and the rest though, but I have a feeling if there were less flat out fake profiles, there would be less "time wasters".

The oddest thing for me is how some established members would and no doubt will act as if the suggestion of photo verification is abhorrent and wrong, claiming no doubt they meet unverified accounts all the time just going on "gut instinct" or the ones who are like " WE WILL NEVER GET PHOTO VERIFIED EVER". Oh yes taking about a minute to take a picture only the admins would ever see is a right stress isnt it ?

Aside from the above there is very little you can do apart from be a little bit more picky and harsher about your meets.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

I have been a member for well over Two years.....have never been photo verified and feel no need to...

Yet have had plenty of meets

Bristol

"I have been a member for well over Two years.....have never been photo verified and feel no need to...

Yet have had plenty of meets"

Well done on being the vast minority of single women on here who are real and have meets.

However the vast majority are quite clearly fake.

Are you suggesting if they put a requirement to be photo verified in tomorrow to send x amount of messages or access x amount of features, you would be totally unable to do it ?

I just dont understand this almost resentment some on here have to another "tool" in the arsenal in spotting fakes.

By *oystaMan  over a year ago

Liverpool Tuebrook

Totally agree

"

It's a tool that we can choose to use and choose to take notice of if we wish and I wish to do neither.

Torquay

I have no need to do it...as I said.

The site works well enough for me as it is, and I can only speak for myself and my experience of using the site.

My verifications speak for themselves so no....I would not be prepared to photo verify myself as I have no need to.

The one problem with the verification system is that they are left up to the recipient to decide to show or not to show, we have never read a bad verification on here.

Best to use them a guide and nothing more, talk to people on the phone it's simple, and if they dont want to talk then why should you meet?

"Its quite clear the verification system is not perfect, you only have to look at the several posts a week on the subject matter.

I quite like the photo verification system, that should be on signing up to the site and wanting to use it mandatory (or open up options like sending messages).

I know that it could be faked if someone cared enough, like really cared enough but the very fact that you have to print something unique on a bit of paper and take a picture is something and would severely cut down on the number of fakes.

It wouldn't do anything about time wasters and the rest though, but I have a feeling if there were less flat out fake profiles, there would be less "time wasters".

The oddest thing for me is how some established members would and no doubt will act as if the suggestion of photo verification is abhorrent and wrong, claiming no doubt they meet unverified accounts all the time just going on "gut instinct" or the ones who are like " WE WILL NEVER GET PHOTO VERIFIED EVER". Oh yes taking about a minute to take a picture only the admins would ever see is a right stress isnt it ?

Aside from the above there is very little you can do apart from be a little bit more picky and harsher about your meets.

"

I'm not photo verified. Can you explain to me how, if I was it would make me more likely to turn up to a meet? Or why, because I cant be arsed to get photo verified that makes me unreliable or fake?

Bristol

"I have no need to do it...as I said.

The site works well enough for me as it is, and I can only speak for myself and my experience of using the site.

My verifications speak for themselves so no....I would not be prepared to photo verify myself as I have no need to."

But the rest of the people on the site aren't quite as lucky as yourself, being a single (real) female you literally have the pick of almost any demographic on the site.

I don't think some of you understand how difficult/annoying it is (especially when there was phone verifications), when you're looking for couples/single girls on here at a certain age range.

All photo verification does is say "a person who looks like this has taken a picture of themselves with a unique sign in front of them".

Its another useful tool, nothing more or less. But a powerful tool that would improve the site for the better if it was more widely used.

"

All photo verification does is say "a person who looks like this has taken a picture of themselves with a unique sign in front of them".

Its another useful tool, nothing more or less. But a powerful tool that would improve the site for the better if it was more widely used.

"

I dont understand why...

"

I dont understand why..."

Neither do I

Bristol

"

I'm not photo verified. Can you explain to me how, if I was it would make me more likely to turn up to a meet? Or why, because I cant be arsed to get photo verified that makes me unreliable or fake?

"

Congratulations on reading "photo verification" and nothing else in my post, very nice of you to comment on that too.

For a starter, when you get photo verfied you take a picture of YOURSELF with a sign infront of it and your username on it.

As I already said in my post you didnt bother to read, its not a 100% ultimate unfakeable thing, but the lengths you need to go to "fake" it would certainly cut down on a huge percentage of the average fakers.

You have to hold a sign up that says your username @ fabswingers, now im not saying this cannot be faked, but it would cut down on so many fakes instantly it would be worth it surely ?

It wont make people turn up for meets or anything but I already said it wouldn't change that in my post you didn't read !

I dont understand this total opposition to something that takes 2 minutes max and proves there is at the worst a real person there who looks like their profile pictures ?

Bristol

"

I dont understand why..."

As a single straight woman, I don't think you have experienced the massive number of fakes a couple with a bisexual female will get on here.

Yes you can block and move on, yes we do block and move on.

If what im saying doesn't effect you in any way then fair enough, but I have talked to enough couples and people who all complain about the same thing and the less internet savy get taken for a ride over and over by fakes.

By *abe1200Couple  over a year ago

belfast

"Not sure; I have met a few single guys with no verifications and with loads, some I have not met have had the same so I think being verified makes no difference "
exactly.

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

Everyone has to start as a newbie at some stage, meet and get that green tick...

Like everything in life - you have to take the available evidence and try and make a judgement. Some you win, some you lose.

"Its quite clear the verification system is not perfect, you only have to look at the several posts a week on the subject matter.

"

And in doing so you will put off an awful lot of genuine people from joining.

I can really see the nervous couple who are curious to explore what swinging is all about, whilst also concerned over privacy, wanting to send in their mug shots with a bit of paper saying 'hey look we joined a swinging site' or stripping off to send a site they know naff-all about a photo of them naked.

If these so called 'fake' profiles are so easy to spot and so rife you are tripping over them left right and center... just report them and state what facts prove it is a 'fake' account.

Bristol

"

I can really see the nervous couple who are curious to explore what swinging is all about, whilst also concerned over privacy, wanting to send in their mug shots with a bit of paper saying 'hey look we joined a swinging site' or stripping off to send a site they know naff-all about a photo of them naked.

"

Again, I was suggesting a limited access account until photo verified most sites who have employed this tactic have managed without going under in 5 minutes and have quite thriving community's.

As for limited access, I was suggesting the account could be limited on number of messages per day, or search criteria or quite minor things to act as the carrot on a stick for them.

If they cant understand the only people to see the picture will be themselves and the admin then to be frank they are beyond hope!

Bristol

"If these so called 'fake' profiles are so easy to spot and so rife you are tripping over them left right and center... just report them and state what facts prove it is a 'fake' account."

Yep report accounts all the time.

You might have seen my thread that got a response from the site owners about fakes and reporting them a little while back.

As ive said over and over it just offers a little tiny bit more security, but as its so easy to do the arguments against seem at best silly and the worst flat out argumentative for the sake of it :P

"

Again, I was suggesting a limited access account until photo verified most sites who have employed this tactic have managed without going under in 5 minutes and have quite thriving community's.

As for limited access, I was suggesting the account could be limited on number of messages per day, or search criteria or quite minor things to act as the carrot on a stick for them.

If they cant understand the only people to see the picture will be themselves and the admin then to be frank they are beyond hope!

"

I think that's a bit harsh to expect everyone to instantly trust a site they may have stumbled across in a google search.

Bristol

"

I think that's a bit harsh to expect everyone to instantly trust a site they may have stumbled across in a google search."

and they wont have to instantly trust it as they will just lose some features not access to the entire site without it.

By *anictechCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow - ish ;-)

The verification system is in place for your use.

This is a FREE site, no one is gonna sit and babysit anyone through it, use you own discretionary rules and stick to them.

We have ours and its not failed us yet!

Good luck, XxX MT

"If these so called 'fake' profiles are so easy to spot and so rife you are tripping over them left right and center... just report them and state what facts prove it is a 'fake' account.

Yep report accounts all the time.

You might have seen my thread that got a response from the site owners about fakes and reporting them a little while back.

As ive said over and over it just offers a little tiny bit more security, but as its so easy to do the arguments against seem at best silly and the worst flat out argumentative for the sake of it :P

"

You may like to see it as silly or argumentative... I like to see it as being about people having a choice.

Choice is such a nice word. Choice to use whichever options are avaialable whenever they feel they are comfortable in doing so. Suggesting choice is taken away to suit one preference group seems a little silly to me, if not selfish.

I'm not saying the function should be removed and if people want to use it or refer to it that is their (and here is the key word) choice.

What I was curious about was whether or not anyone can verify someone. There are some profiles which at least to me look blatantly fake but they have been ticked and verified by other users. Is there anything stopping someone from making more than one account and verifying themselves?

Why not just set filters up to block unverified and non-photo verified people? I've had as many successful meets with people without the little green ticks and flags as I have with people who have them, but if people haven't, there are tools on this site to make your searches easier.

"

"

If you see other sites thriving having a photo verified system then why not just stick with a site that has something in place that you value so much and leave a site that gives people freedom of choice as it doesn't seem to suit you. Just a thought.

Bristol

"Why not just set filters up to block unverified and non-photo verified people? I've had as many successful meets with people without the little green ticks and flags as I have with people who have them, but if people haven't, there are tools on this site to make your searches easier."

The filters are good, but given that phone verifications were still in use up to a few months ago having a green tick and hidden verifications on a quite clearly fake account is not uncommon.

Glasgow - ish ;-)

"What I was curious about was whether or not anyone can verify someone. There are some profiles which at least to me look blatantly fake but they have been ticked and verified by other users. Is there anything stopping someone from making more than one account and verifying themselves?

"

Yes some singles verify each other to the couples account.. But as was stated before, you get WISE and read the veris, do your homework as it were.

In perfect world we would all be tripping out on happiness in out chosen life style, but reality makes us use caution. XxX MT

"Why not just set filters up to block unverified and non-photo verified people? I've had as many successful meets with people without the little green ticks and flags as I have with people who have them, but if people haven't, there are tools on this site to make your searches easier."

Is the answer... because it's easier to try to force other people to do something than just use what is already there to the same ends?

"Why not just set filters up to block unverified and non-photo verified people? I've had as many successful meets with people without the little green ticks and flags as I have with people who have them, but if people haven't, there are tools on this site to make your searches easier.

The filters are good, but given that phone verifications were still in use up to a few months ago having a green tick and hidden verifications on a quite clearly fake account is not uncommon."

If its clearly fake then move on. Honestly not seeing a problem here.

Bristol

"

If you see other sites thriving having a photo verified system then why not just stick with a site that has something in place that you value so much and leave a site that gives people freedom of choice as it doesn't seem to suit you. Just a thought. "

I love these responses, im not going to debate your points im going to attack you because thats how we roll here.

Would the site admins advocate you telling someone who has been a gold supporter since they joined and continues to be one to leave because they have a few ideas about verifications ?

The problem with this forum is some of you seem unable to debate the merits of a point without attacking the person. This behaviour continues unabated for some reason.

photo verification is fine for proving who you are! it doesnt prove you will turn up to meets tho!! im a single guy, whjth photo verification and havent had a meet yet! does that mean i should be taken out back and shot like the cur i am!!

Bristol

"

If its clearly fake then move on. Honestly not seeing a problem here."

Do you understand that as a single woman whos 15-20 years older than us you are looking at an entirely different portion of the site and users ?

What isnt a problem for you is an overwhealming problem for couples in our demographic I can assure you.

and we do block and move on, does this mean we can never discuss possible improvements to the system ? I thought this was a discussion forum not an autocratic one.

"photo verification is fine for proving who you are! it doesnt prove you will turn up to meets tho!! im a single guy, whjth photo verification and havent had a meet yet! does that mean i should be taken out back and shot like the cur i am!! "

Yes, yes it does.

Glasgow - ish ;-)

The site admin is not in control......

Its a free site. Take control of your own life.. XxX MT

"

Would the site admins advocate you telling someone who has been a gold supporter since they joined and continues to be one to leave because they have a few ideas about verifications ?

"

I'm not sure were the being a gold suporter comes into your reply.

"and we do block and move on, does this mean we can never discuss possible improvements to the system ? I thought this was a discussion forum not an autocratic one.

"

Prob best to post your suggestions in the Feedback forum then. But you aren't the first to think of restricting access to the site, and you won't be the last, and I am afraid that admin have a 'if it aint broke don't fix it' attitude and, like me, they reckon this site runs just fine.

"photo verification is fine for proving who you are! it doesnt prove you will turn up to meets tho!! im a single guy, whjth photo verification and havent had a meet yet! does that mean i should be taken out back and shot like the cur i am!!

Yes, yes it does. "

lol, il just get my blindfold ov the cupboard then! any chance of a lst ciggie?

"

I'm not sure were the being a gold suporter comes into your reply."

Special treatment. Not like a lowly silver site supporter like me. We deserve all we get.

"photo verification is fine for proving who you are! it doesnt prove you will turn up to meets tho!! im a single guy, whjth photo verification and havent had a meet yet! does that mean i should be taken out back and shot like the cur i am!!

Yes, yes it does.

lol, il just get my blindfold ov the cupboard then! any chance of a lst ciggie? "

Ok then, because I am just that generous.

Bristol

"

I'm not sure were the being a gold suporter comes into your reply."

quite frankly im starting to wonder if any of you actually read responses in full before responding or what.

Its quite clear that I was pointing out I have actively supported the site with money since I have joined and I'm not sure that the fact that I believe more could be done with the photo verification tool, is enough to be told to sod off to another site then (to paraphrase).

Do you understand the context of it now ? if you're still struggling I could use crayons

Bristol

"

Prob best to post your suggestions in the Feedback forum then. But you aren't the first to think of restricting access to the site, and you won't be the last, and I am afraid that admin have a 'if it aint broke don't fix it' attitude and, like me, they reckon this site runs just fine."

Well the last thread I started on it that went to the suggestions forum that got a response from the site owners, they admitted they were far from happy with the state of the fakes currently are constantly implementing better tools to get rid of them.

don't let me get in the way of you speaking for them though

Yes, yes it does.

lol, il just get my blindfold ov the cupboard then! any chance of a lst ciggie?

Ok then, because I am just that generous. "

cheers, but dont tell me when the shots comin! just surprise m....bang!!

"

If its clearly fake then move on. Honestly not seeing a problem here.

Do you understand that as a single woman whos 15-20 years older than us you are looking at an entirely different portion of the site and users ?

What isnt a problem for you is an overwhealming problem for couples in our demographic I can assure you.

and we do block and move on, does this mean we can never discuss possible improvements to the system ? I thought this was a discussion forum not an autocratic one.

"

I don't see any need to force an improvement to a site that works very well as it is with people being able to choose which options they want to use or not. You have an option only to meet people with the green flag if you value it so much just as others have the option not to use the green flag.

Bristol

"

I don't see any need to force an improvement to a site that works very well as it is with people being able to choose which options they want to use or not. You have an option only to meet people with the green flag if you value it so much just as others have the option not to use the green flag. "

Apparently you dont feel the need to even research what you're talking about before you post either

There is no "green flag" "photo verification only" option, only verified (photo and not).

This means even when you put it on you can still get the phone verified, webcam verified and other assorted fakes messaging you.

[Removed by poster at 25/04/12 23:25:51]

Glasgow - ish ;-)

We have been all over the net in 12 years on and off, Fab is the closest to what we look for, is free, plenty assuances in place & safety nets.

Use common sense and all is well, happy swinging XxX MY

"

don't let me get in the way of you speaking for them though"

Oooh testy, and I love the way you're using your smilies on here.

Bristol

"

So the green flag on your profile doesn't mean that you have been photo verified by admin then ? "

Yes it does, but you cannot block all but photo verified

its either all verified or not

Bristol

"

Oooh testy, and I love the way you're using your smilies on here."

its almost on par with your sarcasm

"

Oooh testy, and I love the way you're using your smilies on here.

its almost on par with your sarcasm "

No, it's true. I really do admire the passive aggressive smilies. Cracking.

"

I don't see any need to force an improvement to a site that works very well as it is with people being able to choose which options they want to use or not. You have an option only to meet people with the green flag if you value it so much just as others have the option not to use the green flag.

Apparently you dont feel the need to even research what you're talking about before you post either

There is no "green flag" "photo verification only" option, only verified (photo and not).

This means even when you put it on you can still get the phone verified, webcam verified and other assorted fakes messaging you.

"

But you still have the choice not to meet people who havnt got a green flag whether there are filters or not.

Bristol

"

No, it's true. I really do admire the passive aggressive smilies. Cracking."

Its on par with the middle aged single woman mafia the forum seems to have spawned

"

So the green flag on your profile doesn't mean that you have been photo verified by admin then ?

"

just delete the msgs they send you! that way you wo...

oh bugger, deleted!!!

Bristol

"

But you still have the choice not to meet people who havnt got a green flag whether there are filters or not. "

Yep thats true, but its not quite the same as what you said in your original post is it

"

No, it's true. I really do admire the passive aggressive smilies. Cracking.

Its on par with the middle aged single woman mafia the forum seems to have spawned "

I'd check for the horses head then.

"

So the green flag on your profile doesn't mean that you have been photo verified by admin then ?

just delete the msgs they send you! that way you wo...

oh bugger, deleted!!! "

that would be too easy though

Bristol

"

I'd check for the horses head then."

Really open goal there but I wont take the shot

"

I'm not sure were the being a gold suporter comes into your reply.

quite frankly im starting to wonder if any of you actually read responses in full before responding or what.

Its quite clear that I was pointing out I have actively supported the site with money since I have joined and I'm not sure that the fact that I believe more could be done with the photo verification tool, is enough to be told to sod off to another site then (to paraphrase).

Do you understand the context of it now ? if you're still struggling I could use crayons"

Hmmm what was it you said to the other person about 'attacking'?

I asked a simple enough question, so please don't start doing the very thing you are finger pointing at others for doing.... it will only make you look the foolish.

I don't for one minute think the site would ask you to leave for making suggestions, whether you have a supporters symbol or not.... hence only asking about the part of the reply I wished you to expand on.

However, I also do not believe the site would want to lose my £5 and many others if our choice was removed...... hence why I didn't understand where your site supporter bit came into it.

There appears to me to be an increase in fake profiles, so as a paying user of the site i would like to see any small tweeks to out fakes and people who use pics that are not of themselves utilised. Picture verification is very simple. I can't understand why any genuine people would be against it.Just my humble opinion though. Happy swinging/faking/pic collecting

Bristol

"There appears to me to be an increase in fake profiles, so as a paying user of the site i would like to see any small tweeks to out fakes and people who use pics that are not of themselves utilised. Picture verification is very simple. I can't understand why any genuine people would be against it.Just my humble opinion though. Happy swinging/faking/pic collecting "

Nail on the head there, this total utter angst about photo verification is the most bizzare thing ive ever seen on the internet.

"

But you still have the choice not to meet people who havnt got a green flag whether there are filters or not.

Yep thats true, but its not quite the same as what you said in your original post is it "

My original post was because I miss understood what you said, I got it wrong about the green flag as in I didn't get about the filters.

"

Congratulations on reading "photo verification" and nothing else in my post, very nice of you to comment on that too.

For a starter, when you get photo verfied you take a picture of YOURSELF with a sign infront of it and your username on it.

As I already said in my post you didnt bother to read, its not a 100% ultimate unfakeable thing, but the lengths you need to go to "fake" it would certainly cut down on a huge percentage of the average fakers.

You have to hold a sign up that says your username @ fabswingers, now im not saying this cannot be faked, but it would cut down on so many fakes instantly it would be worth it surely ?

It wont make people turn up for meets or anything but I already said it wouldn't change that in my post you didn't read !

I dont understand this total opposition to something that takes 2 minutes max and proves there is at the worst a real person there who looks like their profile pictures ?

"

I will try not to be as condescending as you in my reply but when you start off by accusing me of not reading your post and then totally fail to answer my question it is difficult.

So I repeat my question. How would me being phot verified make me be more likely to turn up to a meet? It would of course wouldn't, so explain to me again how it is a useful tool for ing out fakes and timewasters?

Torquay

"There appears to me to be an increase in fake profiles, so as a paying user of the site i would like to see any small tweeks to out fakes and people who use pics that are not of themselves utilised. Picture verification is very simple. I can't understand why any genuine people would be against it.Just my humble opinion though. Happy swinging/faking/pic collecting "

I am a genuine member and am against compulsory photo verification.....I'm not asking you to understand it nor do I feel the need to justify my reasons.

I'll just carry on enjoying the site....meeting other members....having fun with them.

You can fret about that as much as you like....makes no difference to my membership nor my fun.

"

Yep thats true, but its not quite the same as what you said in your original post is it

My original post was because I miss understood what you said, I got it wrong about the green flag as in I didn't get about the filters. "

Actually I take that back I never said there was a filter for the green flag just you had an option not to meet anyone without green flag.

Bristol

"

So I repeat my question. How would me being phot verified make me be more likely to turn up to a meet? It would of course wouldn't, so explain to me again how it is a useful tool for ing out fakes and timewasters?

"

Asking a question I already answered when criticising someone for not reading your response =

Its pretty useful for ing out fakes and I already explained why so I think so, cant be arsed cut and pasting it because you're unable to read.

"

this total utter angst about photo verification is the most bizzare thing ive ever seen on the internet. "

Now that I do agree with

Ok well maybe not the MOST bizarre thing....

"There appears to me to be an increase in fake profiles, so as a paying user of the site i would like to see any small tweeks to out fakes and people who use pics that are not of themselves utilised. Picture verification is very simple. I can't understand why any genuine people would be against it.Just my humble opinion though. Happy swinging/faking/pic collecting

I am a genuine member and am against compulsory photo verification.....I'm not asking you to understand it nor do I feel the need to justify my reasons.

I'll just carry on enjoying the site....meeting other members....having fun with them.

You can fret about that as much as you like....makes no difference to my membership nor my fun."

Im not fretting

The thing I can never really understand is the attitude that the site should do something, when in a few minutes you can do a number of simple checks for yourself if you really do want to be 100% sure you know who you are talking to.

We do need to have some responsibility.

caveat pendulum... and all that

"There appears to me to be an increase in fake profiles, so as a paying user of the site i would like to see any small tweeks to out fakes and people who use pics that are not of themselves utilised. Picture verification is very simple. I can't understand why any genuine people would be against it.Just my humble opinion though. Happy swinging/faking/pic collecting

The thing I can never really understand is the attitude that the site should do something, when in a few minutes you can do a number of simple checks for yourself if you really do want to be 100% sure you know who you are talking to.

We do need to have some responsibility."

Noooo what take responsibility and not be baby sat , never

My final thought for tonight….

Some people like to use the green tick as part of their pre-selection criteria and filters.

We all know the system is not perfect, but many believe and feel reassured that it helps to cut out a significant number of fakes…. based on the very probably assumption most fakes will take the minimum effort approach.

If you believe people who have chosen to have green ticks will be less likely to mess you about… and thus support the suggestion everyone should be forced to get a green tick, how do you then filter out the people most likely to be fake when everyone has one?

Is removing the choice not also forcing the fakes to blend in?

sorry but due to my experiences i cant agree, ive met many guys off this site. some have not been verified at all and ive only had one no show, ive had two no shows from this site one a single male and the other a couple, the couple was verified as meeting in person so it wasnt a single guy pretending, thought id throw that in as most will respond to that by saying bet it was a guy really lol so in my expereince couples are as unreliable as single guys, not that i class any on the whole as unreliable because i dont think two no shows in the four years ive been on here as bad going really

hexham

We do need to have some responsibility."

but, but its the interweb...its law when i log on that i neither have to use my brain nor accept responsibility for what happens next..,

This law means i am sure sending my bank account details to the person who emailed me claiming i won the Irish lottery means that tomorrow i will be on the beach in Jamaica toasting my good fortune.

By *eicesterguy4uMan  over a year ago

Leicester

[Removed by poster at 26/04/12 01:25:39]

» Add a new message to this topic