FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > World Wide > Dubai Social Group 1

Dubai Social Group 1

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ewlyweds OP   Couple  over a year ago

Cheltenham

As the first Dubai Social Group thread is now full here is a new thread to continue x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Cheltenham

Any know when the UAE will open to tourist again? Also would Dubai have different restrictions to Abu Dhabi or would any announcement cover both cities?

X

By *abudhabidooMan  over a year ago

Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Surrey

Both cities are operating slightly differently at the moment. Dubai is currently more ‘open’ than Abu Dhabi, but things change by the week here.

Anyone coming into the country at the moment needs to have a reference number before they are even allowed on the plane - so I’m not sure if that means still only residents allowed in at the moment? I know Dubai especially is eager to get the tourism sector up and running ASAP, so that is in you favour ....

By *ark7Man  over a year ago

Ireland

I thought things were meant to be up and running for tourists in July. Economy will be screwed otherwise.

Estimated still in excess of 30,000 residents outside the country waiting to return.

Cheltenham

Hoping we can still come end of July x

Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Surrey

Hope so too - for your sake. I think by then it’ll be fine.

I’m sure you’re aware of just how hot it will be then ?!?!! (I’ll buy you an ice cream!)

Cheltenham

"Hope so too - for your sake. I think by then it’ll be fine.

I’m sure you’re aware of just how hot it will be then ?!?!! (I’ll buy you an ice cream!) "

Yes we are aware, we usually come twice a year. Supposed to be coming back in May x

By *avid1Man  over a year ago

Dubai

I am waiting to go home! lol

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Me too David

Dubai

Middle of next month I am hearing.

Cheltenham

We are due to arrive on 15th July x

Dubai

"We are due to arrive on 15th July x "

Hope you are allowed to travel, I have everything there and can't get back home at the moment.

I can't go home until Xmas I am dying to see my family and friends.

Hope everyone is in good health and keeping themselves safe!

Dubai

"We are due to arrive on 15th July x "

All good to travel as from 7th July, my flights are already booked

No more curfew from today!! Horray

Cheltenham

Good news although unsure on the Covid test upon arrival. We are travelling with 4 kids. Need to have a clear test certificate from the U.K. or get tested upon arrival at Dubai Airport x

Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Surrey

I’m sure you’ll be fine. We travelled in to Abu Dhabi from the Maldives in mid March, and the test was quick and efficient. I hope by the time you travel the Dubai people will have had enough experience to make sure they too are efficient. Fingers crossed for you !

"As the first Dubai Social Group thread is now full here is a new thread to continue x "

Babes.. this was done last year .. goid luck though

By *orn2benawtyMan  over a year ago

bexleyheath

"Any know when the UAE will open to tourist again? Also would Dubai have different restrictions to Abu Dhabi or would any announcement cover both cities?

X"

Planning to go Oct! I think they mentioned mid July for the borders to reopen.

Would love to meet some swingers out there

Anyone off to Cuba next May at all ?

Cheltenham

"Anyone off to Cuba next May at all ?"

Wrong forum I think! This is a forum for Dubai & Abu Dhabi x

By *hiterosesCouple  over a year ago

Stafford

We are planning a 7-10 day trip to Dubai late July, any local information as to whether it’s possible to access fab? Or do we need a VPN?

By *allGent85Man  over a year ago

Chorley

You will need a vpn definitely

Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Surrey

Yup. VPN is your friend !!

Hi from Bahrain. In Dubai regularly x

By *etstangoMan  over a year ago

Truro

Well ,its all a bit up in the air, its day by day week by week but things are opening up. As of now free travel in the region is still restricted.Pools not fully open .

Plenty of sunshine though.

id say watch this space come mid-end july

we'd have clearer picture.

so until then hold your plans..

Dan

Cheltenham

UAE not included on the list of Safe destinations for UK people! There goes our holiday! Have to reschedule for next year now!

By *hiterosesCouple  over a year ago

Stafford

We’re the same....back to the drawing board, either SE Asia...or Cap

Cheltenham

Have been told UAE will be added to the list next week! I don’t know who to believe xx

Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Surrey

It’s a real shame. None of the Middle East countries have even been given any consideration. UAE is ‘safer’ than many counties on that list .....

A real shame for those of you who were planning on some summer sun / fun, and also a shame for those of us who were hoping to visit friends and family in the UK as well.

Arse !

Cheltenham

Re-scheduled our trip to 20th Aug!

I'm not sure that's accurate.

We've hovered between 500-700 cases per day over the past week or so. That's a similar number to the UK and the population difference is huge! I know that's largely down to testing, but still.

Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Surrey

That’s great news !! Let’s hope things have calmed down lots by then !!!

I’m heading to RAK fir a few days 2 weeks tome - so will need to get tested to get back into Abu Dhabi !!

"Anyone off to Cuba next May at all ?

Wrong forum I think! This is a forum for Dubai & Abu Dhabi x "

By *zn marriedMan  over a year ago

GLASGOW

next month hopefully

By *uckypups1000Couple  over a year ago

peterborough

Saudi here but visit Dubai as often as poss coukd we be involved? Any other Saudi swingers?

Was meant to be moving to Dubai back in March but was Postponed, looking to now move soon but don’t know if I should do it sooner rather than later, things seem to be getting back to normal now?

"Saudi here but visit Dubai as often as poss coukd we be involved? Any other Saudi swingers?"

Absolutely

By *andJDubaiCouple  over a year ago

Dubai, with visits to Edinburgh and London

"Re-scheduled our trip to 20th Aug! "

Cheltenham

I see the updated law in UAE now states you have to supply a Covid free certificate at check in before you fly to UAE.

Anyone know of a reasonably priced company who will send test & supply certificate? They all seem to be very expensive!!

Dubai

"I see the updated law in UAE now states you have to supply a Covid free certificate at check in before you fly to UAE.

Anyone know of a reasonably priced company who will send test & supply certificate? They all seem to be very expensive!! "

I used citydoc and the certificate was fine when l entered the UAE l did not have to have another test once l got here.

Cheltenham

"I see the updated law in UAE now states you have to supply a Covid free certificate at check in before you fly to UAE.

Anyone know of a reasonably priced company who will send test & supply certificate? They all seem to be very expensive!!

I used citydoc and the certificate was fine when l entered the UAE l did not have to have another test once l got here."

Thank you!

Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Surrey

That’s good to hear. Looking at the Etihad website it looks like I have to get a test within 96 hours if traveling back to Abu Dhabi ..... but there’s literally only about half a dozen accredited places to get tested in the whole of the U.K. ???!!!!!!!!

Dubai

"That’s good to hear. Looking at the Etihad website it looks like I have to get a test within 96 hours if traveling back to Abu Dhabi ..... but there’s literally only about half a dozen accredited places to get tested in the whole of the U.K. ???!!!!!!!!"

As I mentioned above, citydoc home test kit, got my results Friday and traveled the following Tuesday, no drama at all once I got to Dubai. Was asked if I had been tested in the UK, produced my doctors certificate, showed them I had already down loaded the track and trace app, and off I went on my merry way.

Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Surrey

Fair play. It seems that Etihad / Abu Dhabi are a whole lot more stricter. Let’s just hope that from August 1st the whole ‘everyone gets tested on entry’ thing negates the need to be tested before being allowed on the aircraft...?!

Cheltenham

So with the new rules kicking in on 1st August (test certificate before your flight into UAE) will this mean once you land in Dubai/Abu Dhabi you are then free to move between the two cities?

Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Surrey

Who knows ? The way things are I can see that Dubai / Abu Dhabi border check being in place for a while. But it is relatively easy to get a test done to enable you to come into Abu Dhabi ...

Cheltenham

"Who knows ? The way things are I can see that Dubai / Abu Dhabi border check being in place for a while. But it is relatively easy to get a test done to enable you to come into Abu Dhabi ..."

Yes however we are travelling with our 4 kids so it’s proving very expensive. We have to get 6 tests done in UK before flight which is £600 then we need to get tests done in Dubai to fly home!

Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Surrey

It’s mad isn’t it ? The tests you need to get into AD are just 50 dirhams (about a tenner), and kids under 12 won’t need them. As of now, you don’t need to book them - you just get directed to a ‘family lane’ and it’s supposed to be relatively straightforward (not done it myself so this is from others experiences).

Dubai

"Who knows ? The way things are I can see that Dubai / Abu Dhabi border check being in place for a while. But it is relatively easy to get a test done to enable you to come into Abu Dhabi ...

Yes however we are travelling with our 4 kids so it’s proving very expensive. We have to get 6 tests done in UK

before flight which is £600 then we need to get tests done in Dubai to fly home! "

Families are free, the last I read.

Cheltenham

"It’s mad isn’t it ? The tests you need to get into AD are just 50 dirhams (about a tenner), and kids under 12 won’t need them. As of now, you don’t need to book them - you just get directed to a ‘family lane’ and it’s supposed to be relatively straightforward (not done it myself so this is from others experiences). "

Thanks, how much are tests in Dubai?

Cheltenham

"Who knows ? The way things are I can see that Dubai / Abu Dhabi border check being in place for a while. But it is relatively easy to get a test done to enable you to come into Abu Dhabi ...

Yes however we are travelling with our 4 kids so it’s proving very expensive. We have to get 6 tests done in UK

before flight which is £600 then we need to get tests done in Dubai to fly home!

Families are free, the last I read."

For tourists?

Dubai

before flight which is £600 then we need to get tests done in Dubai to fly home!

For tourists? "

For families for sure, as I know a family whom did it last week. I shall look into tourist situation and get back to you.

Cheltenham

For tourists?

For families for sure, as I know a family whom did it last week. I shall look into tourist situation and get back to you. "

Thank you. I would be very surprised if they gave it free to tourists though

Dubai

For tourists?

For families for sure, as I know a family whom did it last week. I shall look into tourist situation and get back to you.

Thank you. I would be very surprised if they gave it free to tourists though "

Best information I can find at the moment is, as long as you have had a negative result in the prior 48 hours you are ok.

We fly in two weeks x

Hi all. I live in Dubai. Have done for 2 years now. if anyone fancies a meet ping me a message

Cheltenham

Hopefully flying out on the 19th if we can get these Covid certificates sorted x

Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Surrey

You’re 1 step closer then !! Stay positive ..... (well, not “positive”, but you know wha I mean !!).

Hope to virtually welcome you to the UAE soon. And you as well, Yorkshireblonde !,

Cheltenham

Anyone used Citydoc for test results for flying to Dubai? Please get in touch thanks!

By *ack098Man  over a year ago

london

In dubai on Sunday, anyone around for a drink? Message me!

By *mmersCouple  over a year ago

Greater London

"Anyone used Citydoc for test results for flying to Dubai? Please get in touch thanks! "

Hey guys, we're travelling to Dubai next month as well and hope that things ease more by then. Can imagine it might be stressful for you guys with all this testing thing...but had been thinking one good way of finding out this info is calling in Emirates and checking with them. We've got everything booked through them so we'll be doing the same. No harm in trying isn't it? xxx

Dubai

"Anyone used Citydoc for test results for flying to Dubai? Please get in touch thanks! "

I have messaged you and sorry for the late reply.

Cheltenham

"Anyone used Citydoc for test results for flying to Dubai? Please get in touch thanks!

Hey guys, we're travelling to Dubai next month as well and hope that things ease more by then. Can imagine it might be stressful for you guys with all this testing thing...but had been thinking one good way of finding out this info is calling in Emirates and checking with them. We've got everything booked through them so we'll be doing the same. No harm in trying isn't it? xxx"

Yes we are flying with Emirates however there helpline was not sure which one we needed either so not much help unfortunately.

london

The home kit it’s not good to travel, in the gov website there’s a link that takes you to a page where you select the clinic and book your appointment for the test.

By *andJDubaiCouple  over a year ago

Dubai, with visits to Edinburgh and London

A negative test result from the nhs that is less then 72 hours old is also being accepted, you just need to print the test out and present it at check in and boarder control once in Dubai.

Then to fly back to the uk you need a negative test result that’s not older than 72 hours and again print out and present at check in. They will not let you check in without one.

"Anyone used Citydoc for test results for flying to Dubai? Please get in touch thanks!

Hey guys, we're travelling to Dubai next month as well and hope that things ease more by then. Can imagine it might be stressful for you guys with all this testing thing...but had been thinking one good way of finding out this info is calling in Emirates and checking with them. We've got everything booked through them so we'll be doing the same. No harm in trying isn't it? xxx"

Dubai

"The home kit it’s not good to travel, in the gov website there’s a link that takes you to a page where you select the clinic and book your appointment for the test. "

Worked for me

london

Anyone in dubai for a drink today/tomorrow?

Dubai

"Anyone in dubai for a drink today/tomorrow?"

Made plans already! Sorry and good luck, check out anywhere holding a ladies night and you may get lucky.

Anyone out here in Dubai. Drop us a message. Looking to make new friends out here x

By *ayjay92Man  over a year ago

Dubai

[Removed by poster at 28/08/20 10:58:32]

By *ayjay92Man  over a year ago

Dubai

"Anyone out here in Dubai. Drop us a message. Looking to make new friends out here x"

Welcome to Dubai, congrats on the move, feel free to DM if you like.

Must have been a difficult one for you guys during this time.

Hi all how is everyone? Glad the temperatures are cooling down A little bit.

By *uckypups1000Couple  over a year ago

peterborough

Any news on Saudi to dubs flights opening? We are gagging for some fun

Dubai

"Any news on Saudi to dubs flights opening? We are gagging for some fun"

At the moment nope.

Cheltenham

We are due in Abu Dhabi end of October but due to fly to Dubai. Any updates on the procedure from U.K. to UAE. Thanks

Think it is still the same of having a test 96 hours before flying. Also if going from Dubai to Abu Dhabi you need to have test results that are no more than 48hours old.

Hope this helps.

By *rs and Mr PandoraCouple  over a year ago

LUTTERWORTH

Its all chaotic at the moment we have decided to not even reopen our office in RAK till 2021 unless something special happens lol x

Dubai

"We are due in Abu Dhabi end of October but due to fly to Dubai. Any updates on the procedure from U.K. to UAE. Thanks "

Same as last time l messaged youx

"Any news on Saudi to dubs flights opening? We are gagging for some fun"

I’ll meet if I can get into Ksa

By *easyMan  over a year ago

Wellingborough (New Here)

Dubai from 21 - 27th September

Cheltenham

Still planning on being there from 28th Oct to 1st Nov however may change hotels to Dubai rather than Abu Dhabi as we fly into Dubai x

By *mmersCouple  over a year ago

Greater London

Hey all,

Just thought to share our experience of entering the UAE for peeps intending to travel to the country in the next few weeks.

We travelled on the 18th Sep from London to Dubai and everything was smooth. You'd just need to have a PCR test done within 96hrs before your departure flight and show that at the checkin (email is fine). Once you land in Dubai...just have a printed copy of the negative report to show at the immigration alongside your passport and visa if you need one.

We didn't have to do a PCR test again at Dubai airport as we have a negative report so that was good. Previously people had to do it again regardless of their result...but seems like its changed now.

To go back to the UK, you need to get tested again within 96hrs of your dep flight from UAE and these tests can be carried out here for as cheap as AED250.

Hope that helps you all

By *anfuzzMan  over a year ago

London

have flown back from uk too recently and confirm was easy . No need for test when you land just a negative test which you will need to have gotten in uk. E gates arent working so takes a bit longer.

By *ugbyguy92Man  over a year ago

London

As it stands at the minute Dubai is fully open to tourists with no restrictions other than the pre flight test in the UK, however Abu Dhabi is operating a strict 14 day home quarentine which is enforced by a GPS tracker fitted to your wrist. I moved out here for work last month and had to go through the whole process including the GPS tracker home sentence

Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Surrey

"As it stands at the minute Dubai is fully open to tourists with no restrictions other than the pre flight test in the UK, however Abu Dhabi is operating a strict 14 day home quarentine which is enforced by a GPS tracker fitted to your wrist. I moved out here for work last month and had to go through the whole process including the GPS tracker home sentence "

Welcome to the desert - and the Abu Dhabi beaurocracy Rugbyguy !! On the plus side, you no longer need an alcohol license !!

» Add a new message to this topic