FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > World Wide > Recommended Travel Agencies?

Recommended Travel Agencies?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *radleyandRaven OP   Couple  over a year ago

Herts

Hey, Guys and Girls! We were wondering if you could help.

Me and Vince were looking at taking a Holiday to Turkey in early October (flying into Dalaman from ANY London airport for 1 week, all-inclusive).

We had always been looking at Thomas Cook but when I last checked their site, the price had shot up by £100pp! (I know it's probably due to the Olympics, but being in October when the Olympics are over and it's the end of season in Turkey, I didn't think the price would ever be affected...).

We see a lot of posts from you sexy buggers on here who have booked holidays recently, so aside from the popular ones, we were wondering if anyone had found or could recommend any cheap independent travel agencies that maybe have websites?

I've had a browse on Google but I know not all companies are listed there and I've tried a few next to my work-place.

Just want to shop around really.

Any ideas?

- VincentandAmy. xXx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hag4u2Man  over a year ago

Guisborough

Have you tried talking to people who live there? Forums like Expat focus.

If you book your own flight, accom. and taxi you can save a lot. If you don't need someone to hold your hand and a two hour bus ride DIY. ads section of sunday newspapers give a few ideas.

Research accom. via google e.g. tripadvisor etc for taxi fares bus fares.

We travelled from N.E. to manchester by our car flew to amsterdam (over our local airport) Amsterdam to Istanbul via KLM after 4 days to Bodrum etc etc with an independent. In days of internet and no frills you should be able to find something.

Have a go be adventurous.

By *ornyHorwichCpl aka HHCCouple  over a year ago

horwich

"Have you tried talking to people who live there? Forums like Expat focus.

If you book your own flight, accom. and taxi you can save a lot. If you don't need someone to hold your hand and a two hour bus ride DIY. ads section of sunday newspapers give a few ideas.

Research accom. via google e.g. tripadvisor etc for taxi fares bus fares.

We travelled from N.E. to manchester by our car flew to amsterdam (over our local airport) Amsterdam to Istanbul via KLM after 4 days to Bodrum etc etc with an independent. In days of internet and no frills you should be able to find something.

Have a go be adventurous.

"

Had a quick look & as an example you can fly from Gatwick on the 8th Oct for £57pp returning to Luton on the 22nd Oct for £65pp

A self catering apt in Marmaris can be had for £50 inc transfers, or all inc for £164 inc transfers.

So a fortnight all inc under the Turkish sun would set you back £408 Total not each !!

Rhett

By *ex.IncCouple  over a year ago

Castleford

Thomas cook have gone very expensive this year and arent reducing their prices for the end of the season. Infact the last week was nearly £400 for self catering when we looked.

lowcostholidays.com are ruling the roost lately with reasonable prices but they can also mess around with the final prices as you piece things together. You can also get cashback with them via topcashback or if you dont have that then sometimes there are discount codes around.

The days of cheap deals are all but gone with Cooks and Thomsons. Co-op travel can also knock a few quid off the price you see on Thomas cooks website.

Hope you get it sorted anyway. Personally after living in Turkey when I was younger and spending a lot of time there over the years I wouldnt go all inc. Horses for courses though, whatever you do - Enjoy!

By *radleyandRaven OP   Couple  over a year ago

Herts

Thank you. Yeah, we've had a look at piecing it together ourselves. The prices tend to work out pretty similar but after talking to teletext holidays a few times, we've found that they will do it for £360pp (Flights, transfers, accommodation, 20kg luggage allowance, ect. All included).

Neither of us have been away since 2009, so although all inclusive doesn't appeal to most, it suits our basic needs for this holiday.

Plus, I've been to this particular hotel before and it quite possibly has the best range and diversity of food I've EVER seen at an all-inclusive hotel.

Sounds lazy/dumb, I know. But it's been so long since we've been away, we just want everything taken care of, so that's why we decided to go all-inclusive. It's just nice when you don't have to worry about food, drink or entertaining yourselves. XD x

» Add a new message to this topic