FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > World Wide > Goa

Goa

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone ever been to Goa? Iv booked to go for xmas and newyear for a month. Can anyone reccomend places to go or see!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hi,

Been to Goa, some years ago. Stayed in Panjim at the the Taj holiday village was excellent place to stay, did'nt go far as fairly remote but took a twenty mile cab ride to Panjim town centre ... was an experience as i'm sure you will find the whole of the area. Was very cheap for everything, also spent a day in Bombay which again was a whole new world, but a must if you have time !

Have a great time !

Ive been goa loved it! My second favourite part in india only because my first will always be our village!

Stayed in panjim in goa, jus behind miramar beach! I thought some of the places and beaches must be as close as dammit to paradise! Food and drink was fresh, tasty and really cheap!

Apart from the beaches, the old churches were pretty kool! I enjoyed driving around and admiring the general sights, soo much lush greenery!

There were lots of hippies and bikers to be seen aswel, my kind of counter-culture people and i can understand exactly why theyd wanna chill in goa!

You will love it!

Oh places to go and see? Well the beaches, vegator beach, colva beach....many more divided between north n south goa. Many old churches, notably church of francis xavier.

Check out some of the temples too!

Best thing to do is try n get on a tour!

I've been and I loved it. Stayed in Candolim, beautiful part of the world, amazing food and friendly people - what;s not to like?

It's a great place to spend Christmas as it it is a largely Christian area and it really is lovely to see people celebrating it without the consumerism that dominates here.

And go on the boat trips, we did a couple in a tiny fishing boat (2 crew, 4 passengers), one to spot dolphins and the other inland to spot crocodiles

Wow dint know bout the crocs, deffo gonna keep it mind for my next trip there! We did xmas there too, seems to be a popular time to go lol

By *taffsfella1Man  over a year ago

Newcastle-under-Lyme

I met a girl last week, she was a right Goa!

as you were...

"Wow dint know bout the crocs, deffo gonna keep it mind for my next trip there! We did xmas there too, seems to be a popular time to go lol"

We were told that you have to get quite lucky to spot crocodiles, we saw several but think plenty of trips come back disappointed. But seeing the countryside from a boat, and the different perspective this gives is still worth doing.

I went the Christmas after 9/11, was due to go trekking in Thailand but it got cancelled early December as the tourist trade had totally dropped off. Only cost around £500 as the tour companies had reached a point they were trying to minimise their losses. The locals told us that tourist industry had dropped by 50% and the traders were desperate for custom so it was a total bargain.

I remember getting a taxi to some waterfalls, all day trip and it cost around a tenner!

Lol i was there xmas 2001 too haha

Due another trip back soon i think!

Such a laid back place with friendly people with amazings sights! Id love to retire over there haha

By *eordiesCouple  over a year ago

newcastle

We stayed in Candolim two years ago. A street full of eating and drinking places. Manic trying to cross the roads !!

The beach shacks are good fun, often have parties of an evening (but not sexual ones bah) very nice beach. Beer is cheap, and Shel's favourite, chocolate flavoured vodka, at £1-50 for a full (1 pint) bottle.

Easy to spot the crocs if you cross the river in the main town of the area (forgot its name).

One thing you must do is the Saturday evening market. This is huge, but about a 30min taxi ride away.

There is also an Irish pub in the next town. But it does not sell Guinness !!

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thanks, im staying candolim and planning a few days in japur to see the taj, the boats sound good

By *unwmidscplCouple  over a year ago

birmingham

always stay in candolim its great,caters for all tastes. also we use the taxis to go other places and beaches, we go down south too and stay in different places for a Cpl of days , the beach huts/tents are good also some of the boat trips are worth while, just got the new indian bank card for this year well the rupee is at 102 .

» Add a new message to this topic