cuba

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rixiepeep OP   Woman  over a year ago

over the hill / chatsworth

Any fellow fabbers been? And tips or rough guides fancy booking x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I've spent a few weeks there, about 4 years ago and have also seen other posts about Cuba, as a few fabbers have been. It's certainly a wonderful country, and the people are a highlight - very friendly, even though they are imoverished.

I visited Havana, Varadero and Santiago de Cuba.

The first two were great - Havana full of history, very varied and lots to do - I'd recommend spending a good deal of time there. The NH Parque Centrale was a great high standard hotel in the centre that we stayed in and can recommend it.

Varadero is a beach resort, where most tour operators go. It probably took an hour and a half to get between Havana and here, and the transit was pre-arranged as part of my trip. Wonderfully relaxing, many hotels have fully inclusive deals, which I thoroughly enjoyed. It's divorced from real world Cuba, but there's miles of gorgeous golden sand and warm sky blue sea to swim in.

Santiago wasn't so great - but a hurricane decided to visit whilst we were there, so my opinion is biased.

Be aware that the hurricane season is fairly long, so I'd organise another trip based around that, and stay fairly close to the airport that I was departing from - I think Havana and another one is used by UK operators.

It's a different way of life and you'll enjoy lovely warmth but at the risk of hurricanes. We lost power in the hotel frequently then, so aircon was out, and stifling heat was in

I'd go before it becomes too changed from its uniqueness.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

we were in cayo coco this summer, we couldn't really tell you much about real cuba as cayo coco is all complex type hotels and we couldn't venture far because all bar 1 of the family ended up with ropey guts, as did lots of the other hotel guests, beautiful beaches and seas though

"we were in cayo coco this summer, we couldn't really tell you much about real cuba as cayo coco is all complex type hotels and we couldn't venture far because all bar 1 of the family ended up with ropey guts, as did lots of the other hotel guests, beautiful beaches and seas though "

We went to caya coco a few yrs back. We went on an excursion to Havana, went to club Tropicana. Dancing girls there - OMG!

And you will LOVE the sexy latin men xxxx

By *eyondCuriousWoman  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

We are off to Cayo Coco for xmas, have been to guardalavaca twice...love it x

» Add a new message to this topic