FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > World Wide > Berlin

Berlin

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Looking at going to Berlin between Christmas and new year for a few nights, has anyone been? What's it like what would you recommend?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

https://www.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/510246#message_10393778

"https://www.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/510246#message_10393778"

Thanks, that was like a Mr chumley warner thread, short but informative

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Berlin's great but winter weather may be more severe than the UK.

By *enard ArgenteMan  over a year ago

London and France

"Berlin's great but winter weather may be more severe than the UK. "

I think " may be " is somewhat of an understatement.

It's a great place, but very cold ; I mean very cold

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

I was there in '98, can't remember much but it was a great holiday

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Berlin's great but winter weather may be more severe than the UK.

I think " may be " is somewhat of an understatement.

It's a great place, but very cold ; I mean very cold "

I was there last Christmas and it was about 12 degrees. Not even a whisper of snow

Great city though, I'd definitely go back again

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

I love Berlin. Tempted to go back for the Christmas markets. Will see what time I can get off work.

If you are up for a walking tour, Sandemanns is a free tour. Just look for the big red umbrella outside Starbucks near the Brandanburg Gate.

Their Parliament buildings tour is free, but you need to book on line before you go. They have a glass dome at the top that you walk up and around. Fantastic views of the city.

And there is a chocolate shop. Can't remember the name off the top of my head. But their desserts and coffee are amazing!!!

I lived in Germany for 6 years and I regret that I never once made it to Berlin. It's a fantastic country, food is superb, beer is brilliant, but the Christmas markets are just something else entirely.

Mushrooms in a hollandaise sauce are to die for , Gluwein if it's your thing (add a shot of ammeretto) Bratwurst, Bockwurts, leiberkuchen(ginger bread) ahh I want to go back.

You'll love it

By *ongtalljonMan  over a year ago

North Wales

Aah, Berlin, a truly amazing city.

I went three times last winter. Before I went I really didn't "undertand" Berlin at all. I had vague memories of the Wall, but even that was something I didn't understand. A strange "island" of Western Europe marooned and completely surrounded by a communistic state, I just didn't "get it". First impressions of the city are that it's a somewhat run down dump.

I went on the Sandemans free walking tour and followed that up the following day by going on the paid tour of Sachsenhausen. Extremely moving.

Berlin has Potsdam, Brandenburg Gate, The Bridge of Spies, the Luftwaffe HQ, Hitler's Bunker, The Berlin Wall, nightlife, Street art, graffiti, alternative cultures, cheap food, bratwursts, legendary doner kebabs which people regularly queue for two hours to buy, (Mustafa's Gemuse Kebap on Mehringdamm) the Olympic stadium, cheap beer, cheap hotels, relatively quiet roads and relatively easy parking, did I mention the cheap beer?

Oh, and there's a lot of British ex-pats living out there.

And there's even an approved naturist area in the park right in view of the Parliament buildings

Cheap, easy public transport on buses and trams.... the daily "rover" tickets are valid until about 3am the following morning!

Berlin is the place where Wacko Jacko famously dangled his baby over the hotel balcony.

There's enough to see and do in Berlin to stay there for a fortnight.

Yes, during winter it tends to be colder than back here, but that's why you should test out the Gluhwein which warms the cockles of your heart!

Love it but not my favourite German city. Lots to do there though!

"Berlin's great but winter weather may be more severe than the UK. "

That's what we are after proper winter weather where you have to wrap up warm with hats and gloves, nice and romantic

» Add a new message to this topic