FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > World Wide > Prague

Prague

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *andd123 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Kidlington

We are going to Prague from the 6th -12th February 18, any one else going? or does anyone know of any good clubs and places to see ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Head towards Wenceslas Square, there is a lot of nightlife around that area.

There is some decent nightclubs too, that cater for most music tastes. I don't remember the name of any of them, the whole weekend is a blur, but, I remember one had about 5 different levels.

If you do a Google search plenty of info comes up, we just took a printout and handed it to the taxi and said take us there please.

Kidlington

thanks for your help all the best Kerry and Dave

By *arnsley guy100Man  over a year ago

Sheffield

Tbh.... Just wonder around aimlessly and have a pint when you want one.

Dinner and drinks in the 2 squares are around £12 to £15 per meal and pints are £4....littrally anything down a side Street will be £8 £10 a meal and £1.50 a pint.. Same for coffee... These 3 things will be your biggest expense and they do add up,but can easily be reduced by little effort in being savvy some 40%.

Prague is lovely in many ways and public transport is dirt cheap.. A taxi from airport to town is 25mins £30, the bus then "metro" (underground) is £5 and takes 40 mins.. Easy to do, you'll figure it out... If you get to "namanski Republiki Station.. Your in town.

I spent a week there and made my way out of the tourist area to residential area up and beyond "slezka Street".. Many local pubs at 90pence a pint, a shopping centre called "flora" and get to experience "chzech Republic"... I felt very safe there at all times.

I caught a train one day to a random town about a hours ride which cost £8return!..kotna hora, quiet traditional little place but you can happily spend half a day there..wonder round, have lunch, beers, chill... Very very cheap Again, real chzech Republic...very quirky place

I'd also recommend walking along the river.. It's cobbled and pleasant with various market stalls selling street food, cheese, salami, wiered wooden ornaments and everything in between.

If you can find "the oldest pub in prague".. On a steep hill by the castle... Def go in... It has no electricity and is lit by candle.. Around 700years old not changed much!... Theres also a "ice bar" in prague.. I dint go in as I didn't see it until I was heading g to the airport.., was something like £4 to get in and normal drinks prices.

What ever you do and however long your there you'll have a great time... I went for a week and didn't feel like I was there to long or saw everything.. I'd def go again in bother winter and summer...

Ps, it can be very cold, so check the weather and dress appropriately, it might be 3c..it might be-13c.... But it's a crispy cold rather than damp cold... You'll love it.. Enjoy!

Sheffield

"Head towards Wenceslas Square, there is a lot of nightlife around that area.

There is some decent nightclubs too, that cater for most music tastes. I don't remember the name of any of them, the whole weekend is a blur, but, I remember one had about 5 different levels.

If you do a Google search plenty of info comes up, we just took a printout and handed it to the taxi and said take us there please."

I know where you mean with the 5 levels... It's called zelatistorm.. It's very near Charles Bridge entrance

Kidlington

thank you we will defiantly take your advice xxxxx

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

Take a trip out to Kutna Hora. Fascinating historical place. A church decorated with human bones. And also the strongest and yummiest coffee I have ever drank in my life.

Sheffield

Your welcome.. Pm me for any info and I'll try to help

By *exleyboyMan  over a year ago

Erith

Hi

There is a cheap shared transfer service called airport transfers 10£ to any hotel in prague from the airport. I can recommend Day Tours using the Green Mini Coach tours (I think it's day trips). I got the details from Trip Advisor and they pick you from your hotel and drop you off there at the end of the tour.

There are a few scams at the moment in the city. The main one is to take a card authorisation and then not use it on check out. Also between of using cash points in the metro stations has friends have been pickpocketed after using them.

Kidlington

thank you so much

By *ickeyandmouseCouple  over a year ago

nr Alicante

If by club you mean swing club. Paradise is very good. Believe it may only be open Fri & Sat night and couples only. Google it for address, short taxi ride.xx

Kidlington

yep have checked this one out but thanks for your help

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Enjoy - simply a wonderful place - we stayed right in Wenceslas Square and found everything within walking distance. Beautiful historic city with fantastic cellar bars everywhere - just immerse yourself in it because it's a great experience xxx

» Add a new message to this topic