FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > World Wide > Thailand

Thailand

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *umptuous Duo OP   Couple  over a year ago

Teesside

We are looking at visiting either Phuket or Pattaya in February but not sure which one to go for, obviously we are not easily shocked and are looking forward to the nightlife so we were looking for some feedback on which one people would choose and why.

It seems from our research that Phuket appears to be more expensive for everything and that Pattaya has cheaper and better nightlife ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *JWMan  over a year ago

caerphilly

Leave thailand today having spent part of my holiday in pattaya and in patong phuket both of which I've visited several times in last 15 years.

Both have changed over that time but for pattaya has gone backwards and patong has improved.

If and when I come back i will chose patong over psttaya each time.

The day to day cost differences are not significant when compared to the overall holiday cost and in my view patong easily provides an all round beach shopping nightlife holiday and there are far better looking girls of various ethnic origins in patong

Hope that helps

caerphilly

Just to also add that the cost of day and late night transport in patong is significantly more than in pattaya so if you chose phuket you need to pick a centrally located hotel that is close to the beach, shopping center and nightlife but not in the nightlife

By *ieldhousetCouple  over a year ago

blackpool and Thailand

Can’t accept that Pattaya has gone backwards new shopping mall just opened

if you don’t might spending twice as much in Phuket than Pattaya

100 bhat for a tuk tuk 10 bhat pattaya for a round trip on second road and beach road 20 bhat over to Jomtien for better beaches

no time share touts in Pattaya

Cheaper beer and friendly girls

caerphilly

"Can’t accept that Pattaya has gone backwards new shopping mall just opened

if you don’t might spending twice as much in Phuket than Pattaya

100 bhat for a tuk tuk 10 bhat pattaya for a round trip on second road and beach road 20 bhat over to Jomtien for better beaches

no time share touts in Pattaya

Cheaper beer and friendly girls "

Apart from the lower cost public transport I can't see where your getting it's twice as expensive in Phuket from. 3 star hotel with pool no breakfast (August suites) was about 40 quid a night in early December and paying the same for a decent 3 star hotel with pool in Patong in early January.

Shopping wise at the malls of Central, Pier 21 or Juncelyon the prices in the proper shops are much the same and possibly more expensive than UK for genuine goods.

The work to reconstruct pattaya beach and yet again mess about with the beach road promenade hasn't gone well if you saw the aftermath of the storm in November

But the OP sought opinions and I gave mine

By *ieldhousetCouple  over a year ago

blackpool and Thailand

Agree about the 1 part of the beach in Pattaya

lots more to see if you get to pattaya day trip to bangkok 118 bhat on local bus

bus back to airport 123 bhat

If you go to walking street p 72 bar and Linda’s watch the world go by

Beer garden start of w street good value like I said 20 bhat to get to Jomtien not 300 bhat to get to kata and karon

Having lived in Thailand for the last 10 years and been coming on holidays from 2000 we have seen all the changes each resort has its good and bad and that’s my opinion but I would go with pattaya and a 3 day trip to Phuket air Asia from utapao airport cheep direct flights

By *rmrs naughtyCouple  over a year ago

herford

Have to say having gone to both quite regularly that both are very similar but Phuket is by far cleaner better beaches and a bit more classier than Pattaya.

By *an from UncleMan  over a year ago

ml1

I aggree with above you can also get more boat trips in phukett and has a better beach but you are only ten min away from Jontiem if staying in Pattya iv opted for Pattya on 23rd jan this time head back to phukett next time

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Have to say having gone to both quite regularly that both are very similar but Phuket is by far cleaner better beaches and a bit more classier than Pattaya."

Pattaya fab beach not so ....however Jomtien 20 minutes on baht bus costing 25p with todays exchange rate and stunning beach.

Night life awesome central festival good if you into shopping and fab looking new complex just opened .

We are there for 2 weeks from 8th February cant wait its great place for swingers xx

By *igxDaddyMan  over a year ago

Traveler

"We are looking at visiting either Phuket or Pattaya in February but not sure which one to go for, obviously we are not easily shocked and are looking forward to the nightlife so we were looking for some feedback on which one people would choose and why.

It seems from our research that Phuket appears to be more expensive for everything and that Pattaya has cheaper and better nightlife ?"

I had the same question over the last week as I’m trying to book for February too , Idk which to choose , as I’m a single guy who loves clubbing, partying and the good nightlife but I’m as well looking to join couples and swingers over there ... I am confused cause from my research on here , what I get is It’s only in Pattaya where I can find swingers but Phuket seems to have a better variety of good beaches ,hotels, nightlife .... etc ! If anyone could help with any advices , It’d be truly appreciated. Happy Vacations Everyone!

"We are looking at visiting either Phuket or Pattaya in February but not sure which one to go for, obviously we are not easily shocked and are looking forward to the nightlife so we were looking for some feedback on which one people would choose and why.

It seems from our research that Phuket appears to be more expensive for everything and that Pattaya has cheaper and better nightlife ?

I had the same question over the last week as I’m trying to book for February too , Idk which to choose , as I’m a single guy who loves clubbing, partying and the good nightlife but I’m as well looking to join couples and swingers over there ... I am confused cause from my research on here , what I get is It’s only in Pattaya where I can find swingers but Phuket seems to have a better variety of good beaches ,hotels, nightlife .... etc ! If anyone could help with any advices , It’d be truly appreciated. Happy Vacations Everyone!"

Phuket more beach holiday and family orientated where as pattaya is sin city did say that to you last week when you messaged us.

Swinging is illegal in Thailand so if you are wanting swingers clubs or wall to wall swingers parties them you are not going to find it .

This forum is good as you can say where you are going and what dates and you may get replies and we also use the Whos near on our mobile phone and you can see who is near you.

Pattaya has thousands of sex worker's so you can pay for what ever you are after but like say swinging is illegal so you be disappointed if you are looking for a swinging holiday with club's on every corner

By *eoffCoolMan  over a year ago

llanelli

Pattaya we came back yesterday nicer and more to do than phuket

"Pattaya we came back yesterday nicer and more to do than phuket "

We in Pattaya on 8th February but were thinking of Phuket in May....is it nice dont mind it quiet for few days as probably heading to Pattaya after there x

Teesside

Thanks for all the info guys, it’s much appreciated

"Thanks for all the info guys, it’s much appreciated "

Have a great time where ever you choose xx

By *limolder54Man  over a year ago

Fife

Been going to pattaya for over 20 years and also travelled quite a lot all over...pattaya is not what it used to be..Getting more expensive every year and the beach is shit...the water is shit...jomtien beach a little bit better not much though..krabi is the best place iv been to..phuket also very nice...it's what you make it though and what you like..I'm just set in my ways in pattaya and have a few friends who stay their...back for songkran in April....oh and it's baht not bhat as some one has said earlier in the post

By *an from UncleMan  over a year ago

ml1

If anyone is looking for wall to wall swinging clubs playa di ingles is place to be 3 times last year but love thailand

We have been to both and are back in Pattaya in a couple of weeks

Both have good nightlife but would say phucket has a better beach if you are a beach goer

As for cost I am afraid the falling pound has made Thailand and everywhere else more expensive

"We have been to both and are back in Pattaya in a couple of weeks

Both have good nightlife but would say phucket has a better beach if you are a beach goer

As for cost I am afraid the falling pound has made Thailand and everywhere else more expensive "

Yes the exchange rate poor at the minute but still get more for your money in Thailand than holidaying in the Euro zone .xx

By *ptoncplCouple  over a year ago

northamptonshire

We prefer Pattaya.......a lot more things to do & see, shopping is great here, nightlife is so much bigger & better in patts.

Great restaurants & any type of food from around the world.............& all this is cheaper here in Pattaya & they have nearly finished making the beach a lot deeper!

(About 100 ft deep now) but still not as nice as the beaches in Phuket- that’s the only downside!

By *eddy2000Man  over a year ago

crawley Thailand

Agree 100% with your comments. It might not be everybody's taste but for those who like it very difficult to find better all round value for money. Pattaya it is then.

By *redGinger2016Couple  over a year ago

nearby

Horse for courses. We spent 5 days in Pattaya last week and frankly, that was enough. We are going to Phuket on the 23rd, so can’t yet compare the two places. That said, our personal view, as a couple was that Pattaya wouldn’t be somewhere we would visit again.

It’s very dirty, litter is a problem, including on the beach. We were taken aback by the high volume of people in the down town beach areas. The majority appeared to be old single men with very young pretty Thai girls on their arms. As a couple we felt the odd ones out.

The second biggest noticeable thing that struck us was the concentration of brothels ( massage parlours) they seems to be every 5th shop. Which is probably needed to cater for the concentration of single men. They’re not very discreet either. Obviously we appreciate if you are a single guy visiting Pattaya then paid sex workers may well be your thing, or possibly even your primary reason for visiting / liking the area.

There is plenty of shopping if you like to shop, but we could shop back in the UK and not a selling point for us.

Thailand has been a wonderful country with many stunning temples and UNESCO world heritage sites so we liked it very much.

We are just glad that we stayed at a nudist hotel in Pattaya so we had a haven to escape the town which also felt polluted at times with vehicle fumes.

In summary probably better places to visit for couples looking to swing / go nude rather than paying for sex workers. Like our intro said though horse for course and we are sure many single guys visiting Pattaya have happy endings there.

Phi Phi and Krabi are great

Teesside

Well we made our minds up and booked up for a week in Koh Samui then a week in Phuket, We will be in Koh Samui from the 14th Feb so if anyone else is around give us a shout.

caerphilly

Good choices in my opinion. Have a great holiday

By *inx n SatanCouple  over a year ago

Preston

Koh Samui is great lovely beaches nice laid back island lifestyle and some fun to be found too

» Add a new message to this topic