FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > World Wide > Bangkok pattaya

Bangkok pattaya

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *igdick1959 OP   Man  over a year ago

shropshire

I going to Bangkok next Wednesday for 3 nights then Pattaya for 11 nights anyone else about fancy some fun

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

shropshire

can’t g now bloody virus

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Best not to travel anywhere.

Not only the fear of getting the virus but being stuck over there!

shropshire

I wouldn’t mind been stuck over there if the bars were open

By *rSteve6Man  over a year ago

Bolton and Pattaya,Thailand

Bars and restaurants are shut in Bkk.

Bars shut in Pattaya.Restaurants still open at the moment.

Everywhere very quiet.

shropshire

I’ve cancelled rebooked from November

shropshire

I’ve rebooked will be there nov 5th??

You hope

By *ustusboth2013Couple  over a year ago

Birmingham

There’s a virus going round at the moment mate. Might be worth holding fire on your bookings for at least a few weeks to see what happens, not only in the UK but the rest of the world.

Take a look, it’s called COVID-19, or also known as coronavirus.

Put that in a search engine and you should get some news about it. Or even switch on the tv/radio.

An element of sarcasm you ask? Maybe, but if you’re booking with no vision, you’re taking a risk and causing yourself a potential headache of rescheduling/refunding or even loss of money.

shropshire

I’ve booked because I had to cancel in March just booked to keep the ticket live but thanks for the sarcasm

Birmingham

"I’ve booked because I had to cancel in March just booked to keep the ticket live but thanks for the sarcasm "

You’re very welcome.

Well I sincerely hope that this dies down and you’ll able to make your trip.

I trust you couldn’t book into 2020.

We’re fortunate as we’ve been able to get a refund on the flight, the transfer will hold for 18 months and the hotel offered a full refund or book a later date at no extra cost.

Naturally we’re waiting until there’s clarity.

shropshire

Heh wake up we are in 2020 couldn't book into 2021 I’m meant to go to Cape Verde in July and Kos in October think I’ll just have a refund on those

By *ait88Man  over a year ago

Plymouth

The lockdown in Wuhan, which began in January, is scheduled to be eased on 8 April. So it lasted about four months.

The UK lockdown may last six months because the NHI can’t cope under normal circumstances, and will probably be collapsed altogether by a combination of decimated staffing and an epidemic.

Thailand locked down last week, so will surely be open by November, in seven months’ time. The Thai Government hospitals are far, far superior to our cash-starved NHS facilities. I was in one in January, and in a UK hospital a week later. There’s just no comparison!

Birmingham

"Heh wake up we are in 2020 couldn't book into 2021 I’m meant to go to Cape Verde in July and Kos in October think I’ll just have a refund on those "

Yep my bad, autocorrect keeps flipping to 2020.

A lot of holiday refund administration it would seem.

By *ooking atMan  over a year ago

Leeds

Flew back from bkk on 28th was in bkk pattaya Phuket pattaya went down hill 4 days in bars shutting down odd one open went to Phuket very very quite restaurant only serving alcohol and all shutting early doors back to pattaya and starting turning into a ghost town Emirates cancelled on us,

Booked Cathay Pacific they cancelled so ended up paying 2k for an economy Qatar flight back.

Be along time before Thailand is back to normal,will be a big impact on businesses over there alot will shut down.

All been well I'll be back

Always wanted to go there just never had someone to go with to show me the ropes I know people can see you like this sort of like jump on a plane and go bit difficult For the first time

I was in Thailand feb this year before the virus hit big time. In Feb the tourism industry had collapsed and friends who live there say all the main town and cities are on lockdown, bars clubs hotels and restaurants closed. Tourist hotspots decimated and many businesses have gone under. Basically the tourist infrastructure has been lost and will take some time to build back up, so even with a lifting of flight restrictions, you might not get such a good holiday due to lack of facilities. Will be a good 12/18months before thailand is back up and catering for tourists

Plymouth

Tourism is very important to Thailand. According to Wikipedia, it accounted for about 20% of the country’s GDP in 2019. This excludes Thailand's huge shadow economy which was valued at over 40 percent of real GDP in 2014.

The Bangkok Post reported on 31-3-20 that the Finance Ministry is preparing the THIRD phase of the government's Covid-19 relief package to support people, small-and-medium enterprises and financial institutions as the country grapples with the virus crisis.

The tourism infrastructure is closed, but still intact. The industry cannot be allowed to go under, and will be up and running on the day that the various travel and entertainment bans are lifted, assuming that plans for this are published in advance.

Obviously, tourism in Thailand can never be the same after the virus, and there will be fewer bars and hotels for a while. But I would guess that prices will be very competitive!

By *illyGoFarMan  over a year ago

Fantasyland USA

I am in Phuket now. No land or sea access to Island. Only supplies until April 30. You can leave via land or sea but just can't come back. Just announced airport will close on April 10 until April 30 to all flights. So will be effectively marooned on the Island.

Only restaurants for take away and supermarkets open. But the open restaurants seem to be dwindling. All beaches closed until April 30. Can't even walk on them. Even all private or public pools I. E. Hotels and apartments are closed until further notice.

Not a fun place to be. Have a flight out to Bangkok on April 8.

Turns out my three top hobbies are:

1. Sitting in restaurants

2. Bars

3. Non-essential businesses

By *0mprestonstr8Man  over a year ago

preston

qatar airways are givinf full refunds on all flights up to 30th sept 2020 or free change of flight is u do not want to cancel.i fly out on 28th dec for 4 weeks but will see what happens over time.looks like the bars and other places may open on 1st may but nothing has been confirm yet.as for thai blaming falangs for it that is not true at all.there has been cases been confirmed but not in the high numbers like the uk and only a few deaths

Plymouth

Bangkok Post website report, 26-4-20

Thailand reports 15 new coronavirus cases and no new deaths on Sunday, bringing totals since outbreak began in January to 2,922 cases and 51 deaths.

By *arsmike111Man  over a year ago

BIGGLESWADE

And do we believe these numbers I wouldn't believe anything the government tells us all there intrested in is the cash they can make

Plymouth

These are official statistics issued by an elected government.

They are as believable as those issued by our government, Elvis lives, Father Christmas, and the Tooth Fairy.

But they don’t look that bad even with a couple of zeros added: 292,200 cases and 5,100 deaths.

It’s possible that the virus doesn’t fair well in hot climates. Southern Africa and South America also seem to be getting off lightly, though their official numbers are, of course, worse than useless. Australia and New Zealand aren’t doing badly, either, but they have relatively low population densities.

Time will tell!

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

"qatar airways are givinf full refunds on all flights up to 30th sept 2020 or free change of flight is u do not want to cancel.i fly out on 28th dec for 4 weeks but will see what happens over time.looks like the bars and other places may open on 1st may but nothing has been confirm yet.as for thai blaming falangs for it that is not true at all.there has been cases been confirmed but not in the high numbers like the uk and only a few deaths "
nope partial provincial lockdowns slackened markets and street vendors reopen nothing else international inbound flights still suspended till may 16 (3rd extension) automatic visa extension till July 30 slot of provinces are dry no alchol at present till 30th april but extension is expected for a month beaches and parks still closed though on 30th it's probably going to be eased (expected no sun lounger areas allowed to open)

As for airlines giving refunds not instantly and it's a major issue booked two flights received zero refunds or even acknowledgement apart from emails claiming dont worry we are here for you.

As a falang here at present I can say that yes especially westerners are being blamed for alot its mostly not open have been spat at or abuse shouted a few times scooter drivebys lol

» Add a new message to this topic