FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > UK > Syphilis is exponentially rising

Syphilis is exponentially rising

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ubal1 OP   Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

The common Victorian STI, syphilis, which eventually destroys your brain, is rapidly increasing in the UK, the most vulnerable group being the elderly in our society, because of their preference for bareback meets.

And Syphilis is becoming harder to treat because of drug resistance caused by over-prescription of drugs by GPs and widespread use of antibiotics in farming that is intensive.

Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea, by a long chalk the UK's two most common sexually transmitted diseases are also increasing especially amongst pensioners, who are increasingly using dating apps and other similar websites.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *j60Man  over a year ago

Wetherby /Scarborough/leeds

What a load of bollocks mate

Newry Down

"What a load of bollocks mate "

Research published in The Times London today; it surprised me too, but the data cames from a reliable source.

By *parkybunnyCouple  over a year ago

Zurich. NOT London.

I was just reading this. It appears we are trying to keep up with the USA with regards to increases in infections.

HIV cases are also rising again.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"What a load of bollocks mate "

Your reply suggests the damage may already be occurring…

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"What a load of bollocks mate

Your reply suggests the damage may already be occurring… "

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Us oldies became sexually active pre HIV. Safe sex meant not being caught by their husband or wife

Newry Down

This is a serious issue; amongst the much younger set, pregnancy avoidance is as important as health concerns about STIs, but those of us who are older still need to be careful, eben though concerns about pregnancy are a distant memory.

I know one lady who caught CPID-chronic pelvic inflammatory disease-which isa very painful condition from Chlamydia.

By *reyeyesesMan  over a year ago

Brumtown

the most vulnerable group being the elderly in our society, because of their preference for bareback meets

This bit made me guffaw, the image of dear old 80yo nan posting up on here asking for bareback meets preferred

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"the most vulnerable group being the elderly in our society, because of their preference for bareback meets

This bit made me guffaw, the image of dear old 80yo nan posting up on here asking for bareback meets preferred "

It is true though. Most of us born in the fifties and before became sexually active before HIV. Lots have been in long term marriages and either widowed or divorced. They simply think they don't need to practice safe sex.

I think dear old 80 year old man might surprise a lot of people

Forum Mod

East Sussex

*nan

I’m intrigued who people meet on here, because as someone who was born in the 50s and have met numerous people of a similar age over the years I’ve found the majority practice safe sex.

Newry Down

Research has found that once the risk of unwanted pregnancy has faded, a lot of elderly, of should I say mature, folk often go baeback!, thus increasing the risk of STIs, some of which are becoming more difficult to treat and eradicate because of antibiotic resistance and unusual strains acquired in exotic locations.

Condoms provide some protection, of course.

what this means is that the number of infections are rising again after dropping off significantly during the pandemic lockdown, pushing towards pre lockdown numbers; so in reality not actually increasing exponentially.

It should also be pointed out that according to government stats the highest rates of infection are in the 15 to 24 age group.

» Add a new message to this topic