FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > UK > 5 Facts about Immigration that May Surprise you

5 Facts about Immigration that May Surprise you

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *akedninja OP   Man  over a year ago

edinburgh

1) 26% of NHS doctors are foreign-born. The BMA advises that without immigrants “many NHS services would struggle to provide effective care”. (1)

2) Almost 5.5 million British people live permanently abroad. (2)

3) Immigrants are 60% less likely to claim benefits than a British-born person. (3)

4) Between 1995-2011, EU immigrants contributed £8.8 billion more than they gained. (4)

5) Most studies suggest that immigration has no significant effect on overall employment, or British unemployment. (5)

Are Immigrants Unfairly Portrayed by the Media?

a)Yes

b)No

c)I don't know

;)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

After writing a large post and discussing the many alarming policies UKIP among others promote I will simply reply - Yes, yes they are.

edinburgh

"After writing a large post and discussing the many alarming policies UKIP among others promote I will simply reply - Yes, yes they are."
lol thanks for the support and contribution ignorance is not bliss!

please pass the salt for a large pinch of fantasy. dont know how we managed for the last millenium

"please pass the salt for a large pinch of fantasy. dont know how we managed for the last millenium "

Were all immigrants if you go back far enough, I've traced mine back a bit I've got Irish, German and Polish blood

edinburgh

"please pass the salt for a large pinch of fantasy. dont know how we managed for the last millenium

Were all immigrants if you go back far enough, I've traced mine back a bit I've got Irish, German and Polish blood "

well said

» Add a new message to this topic