FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > UK > Manchester.

Manchester.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm staying in Manchester next weekend. I was just wondering does anyone recommend good hotels around Oxford Road area?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Several people have been saying that AirBnB is a good way to get accommodation (there was a thread on it recently).

Never used it personally, but seemed to be recommended.

By *eoffinthecityMan  over a year ago

Wigan

The Hilton down there is pretty good and not outrageous. You're also spitting distance from the Ibis Styles and the Holiday Inn, both of which are excellent.

The mercure is ok, too.

"The Hilton down there is pretty good and not outrageous. You're also spitting distance from the Ibis Styles and the Holiday Inn, both of which are excellent.

The mercure is ok, too."

So far I booked a room with mecure but I've read reviews. It doesn't sound great

"Several people have been saying that AirBnB is a good way to get accommodation (there was a thread on it recently).

Never used it personally, but seemed to be recommended."

Okay thanks.

"The Hilton down there is pretty good and not outrageous. You're also spitting distance from the Ibis Styles and the Holiday Inn, both of which are excellent.

The mercure is ok, too.

So far I booked a room with mecure but I've read reviews. It doesn't sound great "

I've stayed in the Mercure (Piccadilly). Rooms are tiny, but fairly decent, though a bit dated. The walls are paper thin though, in some rooms you can here conversations from the adjoining rooms.The bar is hellish expensive and the food mediocre.

One of the best hotels was the Premier Inn at the top of Deansgate, but that might be a bit far away from where you want to be.

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

Problem is that it is mufc vs Liverpool on Sunday so hotels might be expensive

There is an ibis and The Britannia

Most hotels in central Manchester are about 15mins walk

Try doing a search on booking.com

That usually throws up some decent places but the holiday inn is quite reasonable and is right on oxford road

[Removed by poster at 06/01/17 08:20:27]

Sachas near aflecks palace...haha. (Don't, unless you like to stay awake all night)

There's loads in the centre and not too far away from oxford road.

Last time I stayed in Manchester I stayed at motel one, it's right by Piccadilly station which is only a 10 minute walk to deansgate, or 3 mins on the tram ..

"Last time I stayed in Manchester I stayed at motel one, it's right by Piccadilly station which is only a 10 minute walk to deansgate, or 3 mins on the tram ..

"

10mins FROM Deansgate? How fast do you walk? Wow. Haha.

"Last time I stayed in Manchester I stayed at motel one, it's right by Piccadilly station which is only a 10 minute walk to deansgate, or 3 mins on the tram ..

10mins FROM Deansgate? How fast do you walk? Wow. Haha.

"

I do have long legs but even so, it's not that far especially via tram

The mercure is ok, too.

So far I booked a room with mecure but I've read reviews. It doesn't sound great

I've stayed in the Mercure (Piccadilly). Rooms are tiny, but fairly decent, though a bit dated. The walls are paper thin though, in some rooms you can here conversations from the adjoining rooms.The bar is hellish expensive and the food mediocre.

One of the best hotels was the Premier Inn at the top of Deansgate, but that might be a bit far away from where you want to be.

"

Right think I need to change hotels lol.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I'll know it when I find it.

I'd recommend the Hilton at Deansgate.

Regardless of where you go, it's always cheaper to book directly through the hotel rather than use an agency. If you find a lower price than what the hotel is advertising, call them up. Quite often they'll price match.

"I'd recommend the Hilton at Deansgate.

Regardless of where you go, it's always cheaper to book directly through the hotel rather than use an agency. If you find a lower price than what the hotel is advertising, call them up. Quite often they'll price match."

Double tree?

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

The Atrium are apartment type rooms that are good for the money. Just off Oxford road along Portland Street. If you're not bothered about being on Oxford Rod then The Place are apartments, very big, spacious rooms, though is right nearer to Piccadilly station - same with the MacDonald. With booking in adv had all of these for under £100 with the cheapest being the Atrium. I'd avoid The Palace (not be be confused with The Place), this is on Oxford Rd, but unless you pay £120 you will have not get a decent room at all.

Bear in mind Central Manchester is undergoing road closing and change in layouts so you may either have to walk or get a black cab. The Atrium is as close to Oxford Rd and the end of the Village as you like really.

"The Atrium are apartment type rooms that are good for the money. Just off Oxford road along Portland Street. If you're not bothered about being on Oxford Rod then The Place are apartments, very big, spacious rooms, though is right nearer to Piccadilly station - same with the MacDonald. With booking in adv had all of these for under £100 with the cheapest being the Atrium. I'd avoid The Palace (not be be confused with The Place), this is on Oxford Rd, but unless you pay £120 you will have not get a decent room at all.

Bear in mind Central Manchester is undergoing road closing and change in layouts so you may either have to walk or get a black cab. The Atrium is as close to Oxford Rd and the end of the Village as you like really. "

Macdonald looks gorgeous but over £200. So I'm staying in hilton now.

yumsville

[Removed by poster at 06/01/17 10:47:48]

yumsville

It is a bit of a walk along Deansgate though you can cut through some lovely parts of the city to get more central if you want shorter routes than taking major roads. It's one I've never stayed at but at least it's not either of The Britannia's

"It is a bit of a walk along Deansgate though you can cut through some lovely parts of the city to get more central if you want shorter routes than taking major roads. It's one I've never stayed at but at least it's not either of The Britannia's "

It is in picadilly though. Right?

I'll get a taxi to grand central pub

yumsville

If it is the Hilton Tower it's not on Piccadilly no. A taxi will be no more that £10. There really is standstill or re-routed traffic at the moment. If you want to walk, it'd probably take 15 - 20 minutes cutting through. Though I would take a taxi back.

Double tree is a good hotel (stayed last year for the social) close to Piccadilly and the village.

"If it is the Hilton Tower it's not on Piccadilly no. A taxi will be no more that £10. There really is standstill or re-routed traffic at the moment. If you want to walk, it'd probably take 15 - 20 minutes cutting through. Though I would take a taxi back. "

It just says doubletree hilton picadilly.

"Double tree is a good hotel (stayed last year for the social) close to Piccadilly and the village."

That's where I'm staying

yumsville

"If it is the Hilton Tower it's not on Piccadilly no. A taxi will be no more that £10. There really is standstill or re-routed traffic at the moment. If you want to walk, it'd probably take 15 - 20 minutes cutting through. Though I would take a taxi back.

It just says doubletree hilton picadilly. "

Ahh you're totally central - it's the quiet Hilton :D You're only a few minutes from Piccadilly station and maybe 5-10 minutes walk (if you stick to the busy Portland St) from the pub.

"If it is the Hilton Tower it's not on Piccadilly no. A taxi will be no more that £10. There really is standstill or re-routed traffic at the moment. If you want to walk, it'd probably take 15 - 20 minutes cutting through. Though I would take a taxi back.

It just says doubletree hilton picadilly.

Ahh you're totally central - it's the quiet Hilton :D You're only a few minutes from Piccadilly station and maybe 5-10 minutes walk (if you stick to the busy Portland St) from the pub."

Brilliant thanks for the help.

[Removed by poster at 07/01/17 11:03:55]

It just says doubletree hilton picadilly. "

Yep that's the one.

By *ndonmaleMan  over a year ago

Preston

"Try doing a search on booking.com

That usually throws up some decent places but the holiday inn is quite reasonable and is right on oxford road "

Do you go to Manchester often?

Crown plaza is a good hotel, never stopped over but looks the part and close to clubs walking distance

» Add a new message to this topic