FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > USA > Time Magazine

Time Magazine

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Curious to get the opinions of Americans from both the Dems and Reps in relation to the Time Magazine article. Not really getting any traction in the media and I only picked up on it thanks to Maajid Nawaz and then the lotus eaters covered it on a podcast.

Reps are you upset? Angry or indifferent? Dems how do you feel about it all? Do you think it was all necessary to get Trump out of office? Or do you feel duped or used?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Curious to get the opinions of Americans from both the Dems and Reps in relation to the Time Magazine article. Not really getting any traction in the media and I only picked up on it thanks to Maajid Nawaz and then the lotus eaters covered it on a podcast.

Reps are you upset? Angry or indifferent? Dems how do you feel about it all? Do you think it was all necessary to get Trump out of office? Or do you feel duped or used? "

It was a huge effort to get him out of office because they simply did not like him. It seemed like a form of voter supression.

"Curious to get the opinions of Americans from both the Dems and Reps in relation to the Time Magazine article. Not really getting any traction in the media and I only picked up on it thanks to Maajid Nawaz and then the lotus eaters covered it on a podcast.

Reps are you upset? Angry or indifferent? Dems how do you feel about it all? Do you think it was all necessary to get Trump out of office? Or do you feel duped or used?

It was a huge effort to get him out of office because they simply did not like him. It seemed like a form of voter supression."

Just feels to me to be a really silly moment to start openly talking about a conspiracy between a cabal of powerful businesses and unions coming together to get the ‘proper’ election result. How can that possibly help to calm things down over there??

It was a huge effort to get him out of office because they simply did not like him. It seemed like a form of voter supression.

Just feels to me to be a really silly moment to start openly talking about a conspiracy between a cabal of powerful businesses and unions coming together to get the ‘proper’ election result. How can that possibly help to calm things down over there?? "

It's not calm lol I listen to local radio at work. People are mad. It was a concerted effort to effect the election. That is the general feeling where we live. Local radio is the best for the general feelings. They get overlooked.

Just feels to me to be a really silly moment to start openly talking about a conspiracy between a cabal of powerful businesses and unions coming together to get the ‘proper’ election result. How can that possibly help to calm things down over there??

It's not calm lol I listen to local radio at work. People are mad. It was a concerted effort to effect the election. That is the general feeling where we live. Local radio is the best for the general feelings. They get overlooked."

Propaganda of silence.

It's not calm lol I listen to local radio at work. People are mad. It was a concerted effort to effect the election. That is the general feeling where we live. Local radio is the best for the general feelings. They get overlooked.

Propaganda of silence. "

It's basically old way vs new ways. Big tech vs old traditional. Kind of like the great reset. It's kind of pointing that way. Guess we have to wait and see.

The rest of the world could see the US election fraud but at least this article is waking up a few democrat voters who were in denial.

I read one democrat voter who was especially angry that he'd been duped and voted for the illegitimate president Biden.

By *uck-RogersMan  over a year ago

Portland

They dems are not calling it a rigged election. They are calling a fortification of democracy. Bollocks.

Plain and simple treason.

Tech giants and Corporations coming together to subvert the will of the people.

Changing the laws, changing the flow of information for the proper outcome they brazenly admit in The New York Times.

Isn't it the same New York Times which wrote a story on the Great Reset only to deny its existence as a right wing conspiracy theory the next day.

It's crazy. After this article alot of people having second thoughts. Local radio raging democrat and republican alike.

"It's crazy. After this article alot of people having second thoughts. Local radio raging democrat and republican alike."

Seriously?? People from both sides getting angry? Think there’ll be any larger fall out from it?

"Tech giants and Corporations coming together to subvert the will of the people.

Changing the laws, changing the flow of information for the proper outcome they brazenly admit in The New York Times.

Isn't it the same New York Times which wrote a story on the Great Reset only to deny its existence as a right wing conspiracy theory the next day."

Ahem, it’s called ‘fortifying democracy’ now

Ie ‘we’re gonna change the rules and suppress anything bad about our guy to make sure we win - but it definitely definitely is NOT cheating’

"Tech giants and Corporations coming together to subvert the will of the people.

Isn't it the same New York Times which wrote a story on the Great Reset only to deny its existence as a right wing conspiracy theory the next day.

Ahem, it’s called ‘fortifying democracy’ now

Ie ‘we’re gonna change the rules and suppress anything bad about our guy to make sure we win - but it definitely definitely is NOT cheating’ "

Now we have the impeachment circus. Majority of people want legislature on pandemic relief not a impeachment circus. Unity is great

"It's crazy. After this article alot of people having second thoughts. Local radio raging democrat and republican alike.

Seriously?? People from both sides getting angry? Think there’ll be any larger fall out from it? "

You would hope so, that something is done about it.

Otherwise the integrity of US elections is lost forever and there will never be another republican president.

At the moment the Republican Party is dead.

https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-americas-thinking/537442-poll-64-percent-of-gop-voters-likely-to-join-a-trump-led-3rd

Kind of interesting too republicans scared.

Why have a trial when he is going to be aquitted. It's insane.

"https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-americas-thinking/537442-poll-64-percent-of-gop-voters-likely-to-join-a-trump-led-3rd

Kind of interesting too republicans scared."

What would be the point of supporting a new party? With the current fraudulent election system, Trump would never get elected into power again.

If the 2020 election is allowed to stand then democracy in America is dead forever.

I’m really interested to hear what democrat voters think about it now.

"I’m really interested to hear what democrat voters think about it now. "

Well nothing spells unity like putting the relief package on the back burner just to have a trial that is going to end up aquittal. People are furious. It's just a media game.

"I’m really interested to hear what democrat voters think about it now.

Well nothing spells unity like putting the relief package on the back burner just to have a trial that is going to end up aquittal. People are furious. It's just a media game."

The press doesn't tell us how to think, just what to think about?

Think about it when I grew up there wasn't many tv channels. TV and anything media is all about ratings. 500 channels you can get streaming social media there is no true reporting anymore. Now it's about how many likes you get no matter the context or content.

Well like I say, this article doesn’t seem to be getting any serious coverage at all. I came across it from Maajid Nawaz posting about it on FB and there’s been nothing else of note I can see. All seems very wishy washy to me when this really should be quite earth shattering.

"Well like I say, this article doesn’t seem to be getting any serious coverage at all. I came across it from Maajid Nawaz posting about it on FB and there’s been nothing else of note I can see. All seems very wishy washy to me when this really should be quite earth shattering. "

Deflect let's have a trial that is so ridiculous that it draws attention away.

"Well like I say, this article doesn’t seem to be getting any serious coverage at all. I came across it from Maajid Nawaz posting about it on FB and there’s been nothing else of note I can see. All seems very wishy washy to me when this really should be quite earth shattering.

Deflect let's have a trial that is so ridiculous that it draws attention away."

Think it’ll work? Like from your personal perspective over there with access to local media?? You think folk will likely let this go?

"Well like I say, this article doesn’t seem to be getting any serious coverage at all. I came across it from Maajid Nawaz posting about it on FB and there’s been nothing else of note I can see. All seems very wishy washy to me when this really should be quite earth shattering.

Deflect let's have a trial that is so ridiculous that it draws attention away."

Or maybe the trial's an opportunity to start showing the evidence.

Rather than the supreme court's attitude of fingers in ears LALALALA we don't want to even see the case, it's not happening, it doesn't exist, go away LALALALA

Deflect let's have a trial that is so ridiculous that it draws attention away.

Think it’ll work? Like from your personal perspective over there with access to local media?? You think folk will likely let this go? "

Locally no I can't say it will. National is a different story. They don't want to hear the rural voice. It's no where on national media.

"Well like I say, this article doesn’t seem to be getting any serious coverage at all. I came across it from Maajid Nawaz posting about it on FB and there’s been nothing else of note I can see. All seems very wishy washy to me when this really should be quite earth shattering. "

George Orwell said Omission is the great form of lie, it what the press fails to tell us isnt it!

I used to think the rich powerful Cabal The Bilderberg group were plotting World domination, I now know I was wrong.

They were fortifying democracy for us.

By *jonesMan  over a year ago

Totnes

Trump invented fake news and is a consistent liar who's whole way of working is by pushing division and falsehoods in an aggressive manner ...its been a characteristic of his whole career ...and like the pied piper 70 million Americans blindly follow him ..its like watching Hitler in action...who would believe so many people could be duped

"Trump invented fake news and is a consistent liar who's whole way of working is by pushing division and falsehoods in an aggressive manner ...its been a characteristic of his whole career ...and like the pied piper 70 million Americans blindly follow him ..its like watching Hitler in action...who would believe so many people could be duped "

So is the Time magazine article fake news?

"Trump invented fake news and is a consistent liar who's whole way of working is by pushing division and falsehoods in an aggressive manner ...its been a characteristic of his whole career ...and like the pied piper 70 million Americans blindly follow him ..its like watching Hitler in action...who would believe so many people could be duped "

Yet you been duped by big tech

By *jonesMan  over a year ago

Totnes

"Trump invented fake news and is a consistent liar who's whole way of working is by pushing division and falsehoods in an aggressive manner ...its been a characteristic of his whole career ...and like the pied piper 70 million Americans blindly follow him ..its like watching Hitler in action...who would believe so many people could be duped

Yet you been duped by big tech "

I dont use social media just watch the bbc and fox ...and fox is mind boggling ...makes the Russian TV look balanced ....yes maybe big tech has brain washed me ...but I doubt it...I do know trump is a snake oil salesman...

"Trump invented fake news and is a consistent liar who's whole way of working is by pushing division and falsehoods in an aggressive manner ...its been a characteristic of his whole career ...and like the pied piper 70 million Americans blindly follow him ..its like watching Hitler in action...who would believe so many people could be duped

I dont use social media just watch the bbc and fox ...and fox is mind boggling ...makes the Russian TV look balanced ....yes maybe big tech has brain washed me ...but I doubt it...I do know trump is a snake oil salesman..."

Sooooo.....nothing about the actual subject we’re talking about then?

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Why cannot people exept defeat in elections these days?It is happening everwhere it is crazy.Do you want democracy or dictatorship?

I dont use social media just watch the bbc and fox ...and fox is mind boggling ...makes the Russian TV look balanced ....yes maybe big tech has brain washed me ...but I doubt it...I do know trump is a snake oil salesman..."

And duped by mainstream media too, the BBC and fox wouldn't tell the truth if their lives depended on it.

"Why cannot people exept defeat in elections these days?It is happening everwhere it is crazy.Do you want democracy or dictatorship?"

Have you read the article we’re talking about?

"Why cannot people exept defeat in elections these days?It is happening everwhere it is crazy.Do you want democracy or dictatorship?"

We have dictatorship when you sign executive orders more then any other president without any debate.

Quid pro Joe Biden... "You Can't Legislate By Executive Orders Unless You're A Dictator"

Ooops!

"Why cannot people exept defeat in elections these days?It is happening everwhere it is crazy.Do you want democracy or dictatorship?

We have dictatorship when you sign executive orders more then any other president without any debate."

I think more importantly - where’s the democracy in actively changing voting rules, suppressing negative press and using public disorder as a tool (and then admitting to it all less than 2 months later) to get the ‘proper’ outcome?? This is what I don’t understand. Where’s the outrage?

"Why cannot people exept defeat in elections these days?It is happening everwhere it is crazy.Do you want democracy or dictatorship?

We have dictatorship when you sign executive orders more then any other president without any debate.

I think more importantly - where’s the democracy in actively changing voting rules, suppressing negative press and using public disorder as a tool (and then admitting to it all less than 2 months later) to get the ‘proper’ outcome?? This is what I don’t understand. Where’s the outrage? "

It's brewing. 2022 midterms biden knows he cannot do anything legislative so he using executive decisions.

I think more importantly - where’s the democracy in actively changing voting rules, suppressing negative press and using public disorder as a tool (and then admitting to it all less than 2 months later) to get the ‘proper’ outcome?? This is what I don’t understand. Where’s the outrage?

It's brewing. 2022 midterms biden knows he cannot do anything legislative so he using executive decisions. "

Isn't Joe going to build it back better?

It's brewing. 2022 midterms biden knows he cannot do anything legislative so he using executive decisions.

Isn't Joe going to build it back better?

"

No we wait prices already rising because of his decisions. can't wait for the unity to start.

Executive order that if you afraid to go to work you can collect. What a soldier in a warzone can automatically say I don't want to i am afraid of lead poisoning.

It's brewing. 2022 midterms biden knows he cannot do anything legislative so he using executive decisions. "

No sorry I don’t think I was clear. What I mean is - the dems seem to be so terrified of another ‘insurrection’ they still have troops occupying the capitol. Why did all the conspirators and cabal (their own words) choose now to speak out and inform the world what they did to ensure they got the result they wanted? Surely it’s a recipe for disaster? And why haven’t Republicans mobilised in protest? Or are protests banned like over here?

By *unnyPairCouple  over a year ago

Seminole

Conservatives have to go to work everyday and raise families, pay taxes, and other things that prevent them from having the time to protest a.k.a. rob and pillage.

Tim Pool did a thing about a few days ago other than that, thats the only place i've seen it

Tim Pool did a thing about a few days ago other than that, thats the only place i've seen it"

And Facebook and Twitter fact checked him for sharing the Time article haha!

"Conservatives have to go to work everyday and raise families, pay taxes, and other things that prevent them from having the time to protest a.k.a. rob and pillage.

"

Lol pretty much. Everyone I know that is a republican is working.its weird to say because the majority of Democrats I know are home. Why is that ? That conundrum bothers me every day.

Tim Pool did a thing about a few days ago other than that, thats the only place i've seen it

And Facebook and Twitter fact checked him for sharing the Time article haha! "

Same I got fact checked here. It's like they have algorithm specific to certain things.

Lol it's sad that one if the top stories is some idiot putting glue in her hair.

"Lol it's sad that one if the top stories is some idiot putting glue in her hair."

And the rubbing alcohol to try and get it out. She is a dumb ass who will be bald.

The impeachment trial is going to blow up in their faces is it happens. What the democrats don't realize is if they open up the door to this process of impeachment after the president is out, there are a ton of Republicans that are going after Obama and Clinton with a blood lost. Since it is unprecedented there is not statuette of limitations, it will be a free for all. Next they will be impeaching dead presidents for something 100 years ago. Stupidity will roll on.

"Lol it's sad that one if the top stories is some idiot putting glue in her hair.

And the rubbing alcohol to try and get it out. She is a dumb ass who will be bald. "

Darwin's theory at its finest.

"Lol it's sad that one if the top stories is some idiot putting glue in her hair.

And the rubbing alcohol to try and get it out. She is a dumb ass who will be bald.

Darwin's theory at its finest."

I still think we should remove all the warning labels of of everything everywhere. Within 6 months the population curve will dramatically reduce, all the stupid and idiots will be gone.

Darwin's theory at its finest.

I still think we should remove all the warning labels of of everything everywhere. Within 6 months the population curve will dramatically reduce, all the stupid and idiots will be gone. "

Lol true

Not enough duct tape in the world to fix special kinds of stupid.

"Not enough duct tape in the world to fix special kinds of stupid."

But it sure muffles the sound. LOL ??

And Facebook and Twitter fact checked him for sharing the Time article haha! "

Jimmy Dore also did quite a decent bit on it also

https://youtu.be/5QrTmI0gDS8

I’m still really surprised this hasn’t been picked up more. The ‘cabal’ really has complete control of it all haven’t they?

Legit question to Americans again - do you think the MAGA movement abs Trumpism is finished? Or will all the censorship and ‘cancel culture’ just embolden it?

"I’m still really surprised this hasn’t been picked up more. The ‘cabal’ really has complete control of it all haven’t they?

Legit question to Americans again - do you think the MAGA movement abs Trumpism is finished? Or will all the censorship and ‘cancel culture’ just embolden it? "

Not so much finished it probably embolden people to seek a different party. Hopefully tired of both sides. He who has the money and media wins. I kinda want a conviction because that opens up alot of other politicians for their firey rehtoric and consequences. Double edged sword.

There’s a distinct double standard at play in the prosecutions allegations I’ve noticed.

There are no sides. There's no Sunnis and Shiites. There's no Democrats and Republicans. There's only HAVES and HAVE-NOTS.

Love that line in the movie The Shooter...

The left/right Politcal paradigm!

Money doesn't care.

"There’s a distinct double standard at play in the prosecutions allegations I’ve noticed. "

That's my point it opens up a flurry of impeachment for firey rehtoric. If convicted it means that any politician that has a fiery speech that results in harm to the general public is to be held accountable. What a tightrope they walking. Karmala with her speech and aiding and abeding. We can't go down this road there will be no politicians left lol. But yet that is a good choice to convict. Clean up everything. What a quagmire.

What article? Where is the link?

» Add a new message to this topic