FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > USA > Texas cold.

Texas cold.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

How bad is it with your electricity blackout's in sub freezing temperatures ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ildbillkidMan  over a year ago

where the road goes on forever

Hadn't had any black outs yet, plenty of snow and wind chill below zero

Crazy the state not equipped for that cold.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

To be fair, it isn't really a huge issue - except when it is...

"To be fair, it isn't really a huge issue - except when it is... "

Yes more electric heating down there the grid overtaxed.

Yes ma'am - but we find ways to stay comfy any way we can. I am sure it is much harder when its not an every three decades event.

"Yes ma'am - but we find ways to stay comfy any way we can. I am sure it is much harder when its not an every three decades event."

Good luck be safe.

By *ildbillkidMan  over a year ago

where the road goes on forever

Two black outs so far around 45 minutes each time, second round of snow , dot says it maybe weeks before roads are clear

Roads are bad. 2nd round of snow expected this evening. Don't see a break before Friday.

"Roads are bad. 2nd round of snow expected this evening. Don't see a break before Friday."

Sucks when you can't do anything about it.

By *sLittleRedRidingHoodWoman  over a year ago

Magical Forrest

Hello there... how are you guys coping??

By *ykmwyldTV/TS  over a year ago

Belpre

Well, it's suppose to be 67 degrees in Houston by Sunday, so they will thaw out soon.

I'm sure there will be an investigation into the power outages in Texas, which wouldn't have happened if they had used common sense years ago like the other states around them. Texas is learning the hard way it seems, because their officials won't listen to people much wiser than they are, and the general public suffers and will continue to suffer because of their officials

intentional lack of proper leadership.

"Well, it's suppose to be 67 degrees in Houston by Sunday, so they will thaw out soon.

I'm sure there will be an investigation into the power outages in Texas, which wouldn't have happened if they had used common sense years ago like the other states around them. Texas is learning the hard way it seems, because their officials won't listen to people much wiser than they are, and the general public suffers and will continue to suffer because of their officials

intentional lack of proper leadership. "

Electrical grid failed up in northeast we use gas more for heat. Most Texans use electric for heat and air conditioning. It was a grid failure for the high demand for electrical heat. If power goes out we can still heat homes here.

By *sLittleRedRidingHoodWoman  over a year ago

Magical Forrest

"Well, it's suppose to be 67 degrees in Houston by Sunday, so they will thaw out soon.

intentional lack of proper leadership. "

Isnt Texas independent from the national power grids ??

intentional lack of proper leadership.

Isnt Texas independent from the national power grids ??"

Yes they are.

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

I hope all those turtles survive poor things got stunned by the cold

"I hope all those turtles survive poor things got stunned by the cold "

We have turtles here resilient creatures.

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

"I hope all those turtles survive poor things got stunned by the cold

We have turtles here resilient creatures."

we get turtles in UK waters mainly the leatherback turtles coming to feed on the jelly fish

"I hope all those turtles survive poor things got stunned by the cold

We have turtles here resilient creatures.we get turtles in UK waters mainly the leatherback turtles coming to feed on the jelly fish "

Fishing last summer I caught a snapping turtle they are mean AF.

By *ongueandgroove555Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

[Removed by poster at 18/02/21 14:33:56]

Friends heating their house with clay pots and candles.The sent a pic and it works well.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Friends heating their house with clay pots and candles.The sent a pic and it works well."

I know you give it large in Texas, I drove Route 66 in 1986, but how big are those candles?

"Friends heating their house with clay pots and candles.The sent a pic and it works well."

Didn't Tim Boyd, Texas Mayor, tell people to stop asking for hand outs and fend for themselves.

He sounds like a lovely chap.

I see he's resigned. Hope he has enough money to heat his home.

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

meanwhile, in Cancun......

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"meanwhile, in Cancun......"

Haha beat me too it,don't worry y'all be ok the people in charge have fucked off to warmer climes.

"meanwhile, in Cancun......

Haha beat me too it,don't worry y'all be ok the people in charge have fucked off to warmer climes."

Meanwhile in New York......

"Meanwhile in New York......"

i disagree because somebody in outer mongolia did something completely unrelated 25 years ago, so there

"Meanwhile in New York......

i disagree because somebody in outer mongolia did something completely unrelated 25 years ago, so there"

25 years ago, he'll he's been doing since he got into office. Como is a F-tard that deserves to be shot. And as for Cruz leaving town, crist if everyone had the money or ability they would. The snowflakes are pissed he didn't fall on his sword and sit and freeze. Yes I'm in Florida where it's warm but wow when a hurricane comes we get out of the F-ing way. Duhhhhh

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

i disagree because somebody in outer mongolia did something completely unrelated 25 years ago, so there

25 years ago, he'll he's been doing since he got into office. Como is a F-tard that deserves to be shot. And as for Cruz leaving town, crist if everyone had the money or ability they would. The snowflakes are pissed he didn't fall on his sword and sit and freeze. Yes I'm in Florida where it's warm but wow when a hurricane comes we get out of the F-ing way. Duhhhhh"

Fair point

25 years ago, he'll he's been doing since he got into office. Como is a F-tard that deserves to be shot. And as for Cruz leaving town, crist if everyone had the money or ability they would. The snowflakes are pissed he didn't fall on his sword and sit and freeze. Yes I'm in Florida where it's warm but wow when a hurricane comes we get out of the F-ing way. Duhhhhh"

Atleast he didn't get his hair done

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"meanwhile, in Cancun......

Haha beat me too it,don't worry y'all be ok the people in charge have fucked off to warmer climes.

Meanwhile in New York......"

You obviously mean the scourge of the right New York congressperson AOC being a meanie, raising 2 million dollars for Texas relief, and actually going down to Texas to help in a food bank....

But as you were saying .... meaning in cancun!.... i just remember the irony in that Ted Cruz was so much of a prick he voted again relief and aid for New York and New Jersey after superstorm sandy!

If anything... and person hopefully have long memories... it might just make the Abbott vs Beto potential governors race in 2022 a bit interesting... unless Beto wants another run at cruz’s Texas senate seat in 4 years time

just when texicans think it's all over the huge price hikes resulting from the states freewheeling republican energy market will clobber lots of people for upwardsof $10 grand just for the period of the freeze. ouch!

» Add a new message to this topic