FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > USA > Falkland Islands

Falkland Islands

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estimated_number_of_civilian_guns_per_capita_by_country

Funny how a UK island is number 2 and yet we get demonized for carrying and liking guns.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Yet the Falklands still has half the level of gun ownership as the USA and people on the FIs don't go round shooting each other! There's a gun club in Port Stanley so it's likely range shooting etc is a popular sport there. The whole island has a population of about 3,000, about 1,000 of whom are posted there with the military!

Why are you so obsessed with guns anyway?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Why do you like guns? The registered v unregistered figures are interesting.

It would also be interesting to know why the 'expert estimate' puts the FI so high? I wonder if some of the guns are left over from the 1982 conflict?

"Yet the Falklands still has half the level of gun ownership as the USA and people on the FIs don't go round shooting each other! There's a gun club in Port Stanley so it's likely range shooting etc is a popular sport there. The whole island has a population of about 3,000, about 1,000 of whom are posted there with the military!

Why are you so obsessed with guns anyway?"

Because some of us do sports with them and for defensive purposes. Why does the falklands have so many in civilian hands ? That was not a military assessment. It is a civilian one.

North West

"Yet the Falklands still has half the level of gun ownership as the USA and people on the FIs don't go round shooting each other! There's a gun club in Port Stanley so it's likely range shooting etc is a popular sport there. The whole island has a population of about 3,000, about 1,000 of whom are posted there with the military!

Because some of us do sports with them and for defensive purposes. Why does the falklands have so many in civilian hands ? That was not a military assessment. It is a civilian one."

Presumably because there's not a great deal to do on a windy island in the middle of the sea and so recreational shooting is popular and it might have something to do with the war with Argentina and the constant threat from them? I have no idea.

Threats and sport shooting sounds familiar. All for it. Same here the law biding ones use them for threats and sport shooting.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estimated_number_of_civilian_guns_per_capita_by_country

Funny how a UK island is number 2 and yet we get demonized for carrying and liking guns."

It's not the love of guns or people who use them for law abiding purposes which bother people . It's the frequency with which guns are used for unlawful purposes, for example use in crime and mass shootings at schools, workplaces and leisure facilities which is the criticism.

"https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estimated_number_of_civilian_guns_per_capita_by_country

Funny how a UK island is number 2 and yet we get demonized for carrying and liking guns."

Exactly

On any day Monday to Saturday from 1st October to 1st February there’s thousands of guns being transported in vehicles on the roads of the UK.

By *hilledGuerillaMan  over a year ago

In the monkey house

Just for clarity, it is a British overseas territory that is internally self governed but afforded military protection by the UK. The vast majority of the residents are farmers or involved in farming hence the high gun to person ratio.

OP is correct, the Falklands isn’t demonised for its gun ownership but also they don’t have incidents of mass shootings or school shootings.

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

It's not really the guns the US is 'demonised' for though, it's the appalling number of murders and crimes those guns are involved in. If there wasn't that scale of gun crimes, there'd be no outrage. Now of course most gun owners aren't criminals and most guns in the US haven't been used in anger. Exactly the same applies to knife ownership and crimes. The fact remains though that over 10,000 people in the US are murdered by guns every year - a number everyone should be appalled by whether a gun owner or not. That's 3-4 times the entire population of the Falklands every year and that's just murders, let alone the serious and life changing disabilities resulting from gun crime.

Unlike the UK and for understandable reasons, gun ownership in the US is relatively normal and that isn't going to change any time soon. That's a matter for the people and government of America to tackle and I wish them well with it.

By *amantha TSWoman  over a year ago

Swindon

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/gun-ownership-by-country

393 MILLION firearms in the US compared to 2000 in FI?

In terms of actual firearms that's 14th from bottom. Also all of those are obtained and held with a permit or licence, unlike the US.

Gors to show you can warp statistics anyway you want to show a pretty picture, or otherwise....

We own 32 of them we live in a rual area. The majority of homicides are urban areas. So the rual people that are law abiding has to follow the same rules as urban. It's a social issue in urban areas not a gun issue.

"We own 32 of them we live in a rual area. The majority of homicides are urban areas. So the rual people that are law abiding has to follow the same rules as urban. It's a social issue in urban areas not a gun issue."

And there's your problem ... who needs 32 guns for sport or self- defence, unless you're expecting a mass assault? Even then you can't fire all of them at the same time.

By *rLibertineMan  over a year ago

North Suffolk

lol who in the name of fuck needs 32 guns .... fuck me...... you have only got two hands - have been watching too much walking dead or is for when the local militia pop round for tea?

Perhaps try a new hobby like stamp collecting? Far fewer animals and people get hurt so I hear ...

"lol who in the name of fuck needs 32 guns .... fuck me...... you have only got two hands - have been watching too much walking dead or is for when the local militia pop round for tea?

"

Generations family heirlooms.

"Perhaps try a new hobby like stamp collecting? Far fewer animals and people get hurt so I hear ..."

We hunt sooo. Deer more tasty the stamps.

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

"Perhaps try a new hobby like stamp collecting? Far fewer animals and people get hurt so I hear ...

We hunt sooo. Deer more tasty the stamps. "

I've never tried to eat stamps so I couldn't compare

By *d4ugirlsMan  over a year ago

Green Cove Springs

"Perhaps try a new hobby like stamp collecting? Far fewer animals and people get hurt so I hear ...

We hunt sooo. Deer more tasty the stamps. I've never tried to eat stamps so I couldn't compare "

Bet you have liked a few in the past as many people have before they came out with adhesive stamps.

Agree with OP deer meat does taste better

By *d4ugirlsMan  over a year ago

Green Cove Springs

"lol who in the name of fuck needs 32 guns .... fuck me...... you have only got two hands - have been watching too much walking dead or is for when the local militia pop round for tea?

"

Why do golfers need all them bats in their bags.

Heard it is because they have different purposes depending on where they are batting their ball from.

And this is why it is so ridiculous that ignorant people are trying to make up gun laws based on ignorant opinions and misinformation

By *hilledGuerillaMan  over a year ago

In the monkey house

Doesn’t matter if your pro or an amateur, no “golfer” needs a semi automatic.

"Doesn’t matter if your pro or an amateur, no “golfer” needs a semi automatic. "

Yes golf balls flying everywhere oh the horror.

I'll stick with my semi automatic rifles.

doncaster

"Doesn’t matter if your pro or an amateur, no “golfer” needs a semi automatic.

Yes golf balls flying everywhere oh the horror.

I'll stick with my semi automatic rifles. "

why are you forever looking for ways to attack the UK ? It's a bit silly if you ask me

doncaster

We hunt sooo. Deer more tasty the stamps. I've never tried to eat stamps so I couldn't compare

Bet you have liked a few in the past as many people have before they came out with adhesive stamps.

Agree with OP deer meat does taste better"

have you ever tried using a stamp sponge pre 90s ? Saves the lick me senario re stamps

#just saying

doncaster

Heard it is because they have different purposes depending on where they are batting their ball from.

And this is why it is so ridiculous that ignorant people are trying to make up gun laws based on ignorant opinions and misinformation "

such a ridiculous and illogical analogy , but makes no wonder considering the facts !

When was there a mass shooting there.. dumb thread.

doncaster

Who goes to the local shops with Thier golf clubs in Thier back pocket ?

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

I guess you'd need to also look at the number of assaults, injuries or killings that have used guns on the FI.

No idea but I'm not sure there's a problem with guns being used in crimes in the Falklands.

By *atonMan  over a year ago

barnet

There is no argument..the propensity of gun ownership leads to horrific levels of gun crime . The u.s. is imploding and at real danger of an all out race war. Guns are instruments of death and should be banned outside gun clubs . However the genie is well and truly too far out of the bottle for that.

By *edonisthenryMan  over a year ago

Cambridge

Getting back to the Falkland/Malvinas Islands, the local people probably own many weapons because it was only in 1982 that Argentina invaded to reclaim them. I can't believe Argentina will ever give its claim to these islands anymore than the Spanish for Gibraltar from the UK or for Morocco to reclaim Ceuta and Melilla from Spain. Places around the world which feel under seige from an imminent and real threat will arm themselves to the teeth. I believe the Falklanders wish to remain British.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Not heard of some gun owning nutter, going on a shooting spree yet in the Falklands.

Eastbourne

"When was there a mass shooting there.. dumb thread."

There was a conflict, does that count??

[Removed by poster at 02/05/21 18:42:23]

Well I don't know why we criticise the Americans regarding gun ownership.

Its what they want, if they are in love with guns then that's their business.. And if there's mass shootings then that's yhe price they've accepted, if they want to shoot each other and fill the streets with the sound of gunfire then that's their choice.

It's their culture, wyatt erp, billy thr kid, jessy James.. et-al all founded the country on guns guns guns,

doncaster

"Well I don't know why we criticise the Americans regarding gun ownership.

Its what they want, if they are in love with guns then that's their business.. And if there's mass shootings then that's yhe price they've accepted, if they want to shoot each other and fill the streets with the sound of gunfire then that's their choice.

It's their culture, wyatt erp, billy thr kid, jessy James.. et-al all founded the country on guns guns guns, "

children should be able to feel safe in school and not have to practice shoot out drills !! It's sick

It's their culture, wyatt erp, billy thr kid, jessy James.. et-al all founded the country on guns guns guns, "

It is never going to get rid of them too many in circulation.

Cambridge

During the Second World War I'm sure many Brits like my grandpa would have had a gun ( he had a pistol, licence I don't know) in the event of the Nazi invasion. I know he would have used it in defence of he and family and we Brits were in the early years of the war periously close to invasion.

"During the Second World War I'm sure many Brits like my grandpa would have had a gun ( he had a pistol, licence I don't know) in the event of the Nazi invasion. I know he would have used it in defence of he and family and we Brits were in the early years of the war periously close to invasion. "

It's their culture, wyatt erp, billy thr kid, jessy James.. et-al all founded the country on guns guns guns, children should be able to feel safe in school and not have to practice shoot out drills !! It's sick "

They just don't practice active shooter drills. Plenty of other drills they practice too. Norms of being a american.

doncaster

It's their culture, wyatt erp, billy thr kid, jessy James.. et-al all founded the country on guns guns guns, children should be able to feel safe in school and not have to practice shoot out drills !! It's sick

They just don't practice active shooter drills. Plenty of other drills they practice too. Norms of being a american."

it's one thing rehearsing what to do in the event of fire,or extreme weather events that affect certain parts and such like but having to rehearse for the prospect of a person bursting into classroom with a gun intent on shooting to kill as many pupils and teachers as possible is very different , if you can not see the difference then that's part of the problem running rife in your country

It's their culture, wyatt erp, billy thr kid, jessy James.. et-al all founded the country on guns guns guns, children should be able to feel safe in school and not have to practice shoot out drills !! It's sick

They just don't practice active shooter drills. Plenty of other drills they practice too. Norms of being a american.it's one thing rehearsing what to do in the event of fire,or extreme weather events that affect certain parts and such like but having to rehearse for the prospect of a person bursting into classroom with a gun intent on shooting to kill as many pupils and teachers as possible is very different , if you can not see the difference then that's part of the problem running rife in your country "

And they practice to negate the damage just like every other drill . The government is not going to be able to take every single gun off the streets now are they. All for stricter background checks.

doncaster

They just don't practice active shooter drills. Plenty of other drills they practice too. Norms of being a american.it's one thing rehearsing what to do in the event of fire,or extreme weather events that affect certain parts and such like but having to rehearse for the prospect of a person bursting into classroom with a gun intent on shooting to kill as many pupils and teachers as possible is very different , if you can not see the difference then that's part of the problem running rife in your country

And they practice to negate the damage just like every other drill . The government is not going to be able to take every single gun off the streets now are they. All for stricter background checks. "

no ! It's been left to run wild for too long , I'm pleased I don't feel the need to have a gun in my house for a restful nights sleep ,i feel safe in my bed

They just don't practice active shooter drills. Plenty of other drills they practice too. Norms of being a american.it's one thing rehearsing what to do in the event of fire,or extreme weather events that affect certain parts and such like but having to rehearse for the prospect of a person bursting into classroom with a gun intent on shooting to kill as many pupils and teachers as possible is very different , if you can not see the difference then that's part of the problem running rife in your country

And they practice to negate the damage just like every other drill . The government is not going to be able to take every single gun off the streets now are they. All for stricter background checks. no ! It's been left to run wild for too long , I'm pleased I don't feel the need to have a gun in my house for a restful nights sleep ,i feel safe in my bed "

Glad you feel safe I have my safety net too.

And they practice to negate the damage just like every other drill . The government is not going to be able to take every single gun off the streets now are they. All for stricter background checks. "

Well said mate.

There should be a free gun and ammo in every box of cereal.

doncaster

And they practice to negate the damage just like every other drill . The government is not going to be able to take every single gun off the streets now are they. All for stricter background checks.

Well said mate.

There should be a free gun and ammo in every box of cereal.

"

there already is isn't there ?

doncaster

And they practice to negate the damage just like every other drill . The government is not going to be able to take every single gun off the streets now are they. All for stricter background checks. no ! It's been left to run wild for too long , I'm pleased I don't feel the need to have a gun in my house for a restful nights sleep ,i feel safe in my bed

Glad you feel safe I have my safety net too. "

be careful it doesn't trip you up

And they practice to negate the damage just like every other drill . The government is not going to be able to take every single gun off the streets now are they. All for stricter background checks. no ! It's been left to run wild for too long , I'm pleased I don't feel the need to have a gun in my house for a restful nights sleep ,i feel safe in my bed

Glad you feel safe I have my safety net too. be careful it doesn't trip you up "

Mr. Glock is concealed. Perfectly content in my waistline

doncaster

Glad you feel safe I have my safety net too. be careful it doesn't trip you up

Mr. Glock is concealed. Perfectly content in my waistline "

oh such a sexy bedtime routine

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

Funny how a UK island is number 2 and yet we get demonized for carrying and liking guns.

Exactly

On any day Monday to Saturday from 1st October to 1st February there’s thousands of guns being transported in vehicles on the roads of the UK. "

From 12th August to 1st Feb, grouse start on the 12 or 1st Sept to 1st Feb if you don’t have a friend who owns a grouse moor. I can just about afford the Part and Phes

Exactly

On any day Monday to Saturday from 1st October to 1st February there’s thousands of guns being transported in vehicles on the roads of the UK.

From 12th August to 1st Feb, grouse start on the 12 or 1st Sept to 1st Feb if you don’t have a friend who owns a grouse moor. I can just about afford the Part and Phes "

Love grouse hunting .

Cambridge

It may surprise you all that the village of Quy hosts a three day Country Fair (normally held every August were it not for Covid 19) in Cambridgeshire. It has a very popular clay pigeon shooting stand. There are farmers in the UK who have shotguns, with one I know who threatened a gypsy or traveller for trespassing with his gun. Understandable but still wrong. Do you have gypsies in the USA? (ours are Romanies and Irish travellers).

Cambridge

Read the story about the Norfolk farmer Tony Martin who shot dead a burglar and served three years in jail for manslaughter.

Eastbourne

Mr. Glock is concealed. Perfectly content in my waistline "

Can that protect you against a guy with a rifle, sitting half a mile away?

Can that protect you against a guy with a rifle, sitting half a mile away?"

You realize that is 880 yards. That is .50 bmg territory.

You realize that is 880 yards. That is .50 bmg territory. "

Biggest I have is a .308 at 880 yards the bullet drop is about 150 inches. Whoever is shooting and hitting rapid fire at that range is a badass. I can't do it.

Anyways the reason I brought up the falklands is they are law abiding with their firearms. Just like the majority here. We get asshats that give the majority a bad influence on our society. I will maintain my 2nd amendment at all costs. The few does not negate the majority.

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

"Anyways the reason I brought up the falklands is they are law abiding with their firearms. Just like the majority here. We get asshats that give the majority a bad influence on our society. I will maintain my 2nd amendment at all costs. The few does not negate the majority. "

Why is it so important to you?

Have you ever seen the carnage when penguins organise and become militant?

This is why there are guns on the Falklands

doncaster

"Anyways the reason I brought up the falklands is they are law abiding with their firearms. Just like the majority here. We get asshats that give the majority a bad influence on our society. I will maintain my 2nd amendment at all costs. The few does not negate the majority.

Why is it so important to you?"

because the pilgrim father's from blitey said so

"Anyways the reason I brought up the falklands is they are law abiding with their firearms. Just like the majority here. We get asshats that give the majority a bad influence on our society. I will maintain my 2nd amendment at all costs. The few does not negate the majority.

Why is it so important to you? because the pilgrim father's from blitey said so "

Damn blitey constitution framers.

doncaster

Why is it so important to you? because the pilgrim father's from blitey said so

Damn blitey constitution framers. "

a lot of the fore fathers hailed from the town and villages local to where I live , there is lots of "mayflower" memorabilia dotted about ,even a big galleon made from flowers in the summer months

By *AM2214Man  over a year ago

Manchester Area

Damn blitey constitution framers. "

1. The 2nd Amendment was never intended to give all citizens the right to own Guns at all. It was drafted in response to outrageous incidents that led to many citizens being massacred by 'Govt' troops not long after ceasefire following WoI(treasonous uprising). The intention was to allow all newly proclaimed free citizens the right O raise. A militia or to bear arms against institutional abuse, not at all a right for everyone to own a 'gun'... I am sure you do own 32 weapons and only use them in a legal manner.

2.FI... Whilst things have changed there was always an issue with the supply ship. Even as late as 2004 it was common for Islanders to be off hunting for food. Teal was particularly popular, as was Goose. Bird Eggs used to be collected for food too but mainly by older Islanders... Most weapons owned are shotguns used for above but as someone pointed out there is a fantastic shooting club in Stanley and some truly amazing shooters.. I had the good fortune to shoot there many times... Even old Argentian FNs etc have to be licensed and the small population means FIPolice hear about any unregistered weapons... Putting crime into context the huge story in the Penguin News... Mats stolen from Land Rover outside the West Store... Caused outrage... You are talking about a place where they still broadcast Darts live from The Town Hall on a Sunday Night!

Damn blitey constitution framers.

1. The 2nd Amendment was never intended to give all citizens the right to own Guns at all. It was drafted in response to outrageous incidents that led to many citizens being massacred by 'Govt' troops not long after ceasefire following WoI(treasonous uprising). The intention was to allow all newly proclaimed free citizens the right O raise. A militia or to bear arms against institutional abuse, not at all a right for everyone to own a 'gun'... I am sure you do own 32 weapons and only use them in a legal manner.

2.FI... Whilst things have changed there was always an issue with the supply ship. Even as late as 2004 it was common for Islanders to be off hunting for food. Teal was particularly popular, as was Goose. Bird Eggs used to be collected for food too but mainly by older Islanders... Most weapons owned are shotguns used for above but as someone pointed out there is a fantastic shooting club in Stanley and some truly amazing shooters.. I had the good fortune to shoot there many times... Even old Argentian FNs etc have to be licensed and the small population means FIPolice hear about any unregistered weapons... Putting crime into context the huge story in the Penguin News... Mats stolen from Land Rover outside the West Store... Caused outrage... You are talking about a place where they still broadcast Darts live from The Town Hall on a Sunday Night! "

I shoot 3 gun competition. I seen the geography of the falklands would love some range time there. Nice long distance. Here we have bears to deal with and coyotes. Mostly mountain and dense Forest here.

Cambridge

Leading on from the previous person said about the Second Amendment's right to bear arms, why is it still relevant when the government is not likely to be committing mass atrocities against its own people as they have doing in Myanmar or Burma? As Canada, Mexico or Russia are not likely to invade the USA with armed forces, is it because of protection now against domestic terrorism?

"Leading on from the previous person said about the Second Amendment's right to bear arms, why is it still relevant when the government is not likely to be committing mass atrocities against its own people as they have doing in Myanmar or Burma? As Canada, Mexico or Russia are not likely to invade the USA with armed forces, is it because of protection now against domestic terrorism? "

Since when has any american fully trust their government. 2A is a check and balance.So we don't have full federal control. Alot if states are allowing open carry without permits. Government overreaching is one main issue.

I always thought that the right to bare arms referred to wearing a t shirt.

"I always thought that the right to bare arms referred to wearing a t shirt. "

That too

By *tsmeddpMan  over a year ago

near here

"We own 32 of them we live in a rual area. The majority of homicides are urban areas. So the rual people that are law abiding has to follow the same rules as urban. It's a social issue in urban areas not a gun issue."

How do you purchase 32 guns?

"We own 32 of them we live in a rual area. The majority of homicides are urban areas. So the rual people that are law abiding has to follow the same rules as urban. It's a social issue in urban areas not a gun issue.

How do you purchase 32 guns?"

Majority are heirlooms.

By *tsmeddpMan  over a year ago

near here

How many would you say you have purchased

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS  over a year ago

Notts

And this is why it is so ridiculous that ignorant people are trying to make up gun laws based on ignorant opinions and misinformation such a ridiculous and illogical analogy , but makes no wonder considering the facts ! "

People need a lot of Guns. ...

Long range gun so they can shoot me in the ass a long way off

Pistol for up close from the hip easy pop in ass shot

Machine gun spray my ass with poor accuracy but get every butt in the vicinity

Shot gun gun... point and unload.... we've all met them ay gurls!

Fancy dress going out gun all Polish and shine

Sports in the woods camo gun for secret ops

Grandads old gun for sentimental reasons

Fuck my ass is sore and covered in gun excretions mmmmmmm

Big guns, small gun, cannon.... Flint lock.... let me in that armoury for a fucking gangbang! Oh that barrel is so fucking hard!

That's because your a gun weilding manic

By *ERRIBLE TWOSUMCouple  over a year ago

Suck mammys strap-on

"

who needs a knife outside off the kitchen....but that hasn't stopped the epidemic off knife crime in the UK..pot/ kettle comes to mind.

Suck mammys strap-on

"We own 32 of them we live in a rual area. The majority of homicides are urban areas. So the rual people that are law abiding has to follow the same rules as urban. It's a social issue in urban areas not a gun issue.

How do you purchase 32 guns?

Majority are heirlooms."

Brits and gun control...I'd leave it guy's..they much prefer to stab each other in the UK..

Notts

Who needs more than one wife but tell the Mormons that!

Suck mammys strap-on

"Who needs more than one wife but tell the Mormons that! "
i guess when you guys get your stabbing epidemic in hand ( pun intended ) you might be able to lay into the yanks.

Notts

"Who needs more than one wife but tell the Mormons that! i guess when you guys get your stabbing epidemic in hand ( pun intended ) you might be able to lay into the yanks."

Bayonets on rifles oh yeah! Stab shoot stab...... repeat... lol

Tin town

who needs a knife outside off the kitchen....but that hasn't stopped the epidemic off knife crime in the UK..pot/ kettle comes to mind."

Neither situation is anything to be boastful of or to ignore is it? Slating one does not inherently make the other magically disappear.

Notts

who needs a knife outside off the kitchen....but that hasn't stopped the epidemic off knife crime in the UK..pot/ kettle comes to mind.

Neither situation is anything to be boastful of or to ignore is it? Slating one does not inherently make the other magically disappear. "

Being serious, i don't live is usa but if i did I'd carry a gun, its nothing like uk, police are not 5 minutes away, the nearest could be hundreds of miles away and we don't have animals that can eat us.... and we can be reasonably certain our neighbours aren't armed....

We might run over a hedgehog not a deer that needs putting down coz you aren't getting it to local vet.... I can think of plenty of reasons they want guns besides being crazy gun tooting loons!

Neither situation is anything to be boastful of or to ignore is it? Slating one does not inherently make the other magically disappear.

Being serious, i don't live is usa but if i did I'd carry a gun, its nothing like uk, police are not 5 minutes away, the nearest could be hundreds of miles away and we don't have animals that can eat us.... and we can be reasonably certain our neighbours aren't armed....

We might run over a hedgehog not a deer that needs putting down coz you aren't getting it to local vet.... I can think of plenty of reasons they want guns besides being crazy gun tooting loons! "

Tin town

We might run over a hedgehog not a deer that needs putting down coz you aren't getting it to local vet.... I can think of plenty of reasons they want guns besides being crazy gun tooting loons! "

Sure but the one usually trotted out is the 2nd amendment... Not for rural folk who might run into a bear / deer / chupacabra

Now what excuse do we have for folks going Into towns with 10 inch blades... (that's a real 10 inches not fan 10 inches)?

I'll just keep mine it's that simple. No reason for me not to.

Notts

We might run over a hedgehog not a deer that needs putting down coz you aren't getting it to local vet.... I can think of plenty of reasons they want guns besides being crazy gun tooting loons!

Sure but the one usually trotted out is the 2nd amendment... Not for rural folk who might run into a bear / deer / chupacabra

Now what excuse do we have for folks going Into towns with 10 inch blades... (that's a real 10 inches not fan 10 inches)? "

You can't legislate against crazy.... no tooth brushes with razor blades in? Acid?

Pushing people under trains....

https://youtu.be/fCMwlorNEZk

Yup

By *uninlondonMan  over a year ago

London

Rates of knife related crimes in the US and UK are almost identical.

On a city level, NYC has a slightly higher rate than London.

"Rates of knife related crimes in the US and UK are almost identical.

On a city level, NYC has a slightly higher rate than London."

Guess we ban knifes then

Notts

Guess we ban knifes then "

and dogs coz they can bite and cars and planes.... and bees...... and rolling pins....

Guess we ban knifes then

and dogs coz they can bite and cars and planes.... and bees...... and rolling pins...."

Don't forget high heels usefully weapons of destruction.

Notts

Guess we ban knifes then

and dogs coz they can bite and cars and planes.... and bees...... and rolling pins....

Don't forget high heels usefully weapons of destruction. "

Hat pins, those sharp combs with just a wire handle.... fuck I should be an assain lol rope I can stop the fucker breathing or a plastic bag over his head.... lol im on a roll.....

Guess we ban knifes then

Hat pins, those sharp combs with just a wire handle.... fuck I should be an assain lol rope I can stop the fucker breathing or a plastic bag over his head.... lol im on a roll....."

Underwire bras they should be banned. Pop one of those bad boys loose it impales you. Weapon of boob destruction.

doncaster

Guess we ban knifes then

Hat pins, those sharp combs with just a wire handle.... fuck I should be an assain lol rope I can stop the fucker breathing or a plastic bag over his head.... lol im on a roll....."

I'm certain you have a Voodoo doll and keep ya hat pins stuck in its eye balls , my eyes are bloody streaming missus

Suck mammys strap-on

Guess we ban knifes then

Hat pins, those sharp combs with just a wire handle.... fuck I should be an assain lol rope I can stop the fucker breathing or a plastic bag over his head.... lol im on a roll.....I'm certain you have a Voodoo doll and keep ya hat pins stuck in its eye balls , my eyes are bloody streaming missus "

Or rolled up magazines,Jason bourne style....he got that truck from me you know

Notts

Guess we ban knifes then

Hat pins, those sharp combs with just a wire handle.... fuck I should be an assain lol rope I can stop the fucker breathing or a plastic bag over his head.... lol im on a roll.....

Underwire bras they should be banned. Pop one of those bad boys loose it impales you. Weapon of boob destruction."

just huge tits and thighs can take you out, big hit in the chops with a fat cock, jeez some guys try and knock you out! Lol ive had guys say I'm going to fuck you to death! Lol the worlds too dangerous.... small cocks only lol

Guess we ban knifes then

Underwire bras they should be banned. Pop one of those bad boys loose it impales you. Weapon of boob destruction.

just huge tits and thighs can take you out, big hit in the chops with a fat cock, jeez some guys try and knock you out! Lol ive had guys say I'm going to fuck you to death! Lol the worlds too dangerous.... small cocks only lol"

Lmfao

Notts

Guess we ban knifes then

Hat pins, those sharp combs with just a wire handle.... fuck I should be an assain lol rope I can stop the fucker breathing or a plastic bag over his head.... lol im on a roll.....I'm certain you have a Voodoo doll and keep ya hat pins stuck in its eye balls , my eyes are bloody streaming missus "

Taking some out with a voodoo doll is specialised lol but so much fun, dance fucker and yes up your bum!

doncaster

Guess we ban knifes then

Hat pins, those sharp combs with just a wire handle.... fuck I should be an assain lol rope I can stop the fucker breathing or a plastic bag over his head.... lol im on a roll.....I'm certain you have a Voodoo doll and keep ya hat pins stuck in its eye balls , my eyes are bloody streaming missus

Taking some out with a voodoo doll is specialised lol but so much fun, dance fucker and yes up your bum!"

I'm howling here ya crazy mare hahaha

Guess we ban knifes then

Hat pins, those sharp combs with just a wire handle.... fuck I should be an assain lol rope I can stop the fucker breathing or a plastic bag over his head.... lol im on a roll.....I'm certain you have a Voodoo doll and keep ya hat pins stuck in its eye balls , my eyes are bloody streaming missus

Taking some out with a voodoo doll is specialised lol but so much fun, dance fucker and yes up your bum!"

Sometimes I think that is true. Someone somewhere poking me in the boob eating jumbalya and a crawdad boil. My epitaph getting poked.

Notts

Guess we ban knifes then

Taking some out with a voodoo doll is specialised lol but so much fun, dance fucker and yes up your bum!

Sometimes I think that is true. Someone somewhere poking me in the boob eating jumbalya and a crawdad boil. My epitaph getting poked."

Night ladies, need sleep or has someone put a potion in my drink! Oh there's only me in the room.....LOL xx

Guess we ban knifes then

Sometimes I think that is true. Someone somewhere poking me in the boob eating jumbalya and a crawdad boil. My epitaph getting poked.

Night ladies, need sleep or has someone put a potion in my drink! Oh there's only me in the room.....LOL xx"

Night !!

By *AM2214Man  over a year ago

Manchester Area

"During the Second World War I'm sure many Brits like my grandpa would have had a gun ( he had a pistol, licence I don't know) in the event of the Nazi invasion. I know he would have used it in defence of he and family and we Brits were in the early years of the war periously close to invasion. "
we only stopped open carry and no licence required, during 1920s ...rhe powers that be got worried there would be an armed rebellion..so many had fought in WW1 and realised it was a fruitless issue fuelled by petty family rivalries and industrial giants looking to capitalise

By *iman2100Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

I was in the Falkland Islands a short while after the Agentines were kicked out. The Argies left masses of weapons there. It was easy to pick them up.

When the Argentines invaded they expected to be treated as liberators such was the disinformation they had been fed by Galtieri their President.

In the event, after the tiny Marine garrison had defended as long as it could, they were asked to surrender by their CO.

When they stopped firing the it was obvious the British side were still returning fire. It was the islanders. The Governor, Sir Rex Hunt, had to go along the line and ask them to stop.

After it was all over a number of machine guns, antitank weapons, RPGs and one small armoured car (with gun) were missing.

The British Army asked the FI people where they were and I am told they said they did not know. Some time later they told Sir Rex that if the Argies return next time they will give them Hell!! Perhaps they believe they have a need for firearms?

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

[Removed by poster at 29/06/21 07:16:40]

Coventry

I think the issue with guns in the US is not the guns themselves. As you point out the US is not the only country where many citizens hold firearms. Its the violent culture and lack of responsibility it's citizens seem to have with firearms that is problem. If you gave a group of kids catapults and they kept blinding each other with them wouldn't think that's a bad idea and confiscate them?

"I think the issue with guns in the US is not the guns themselves. As you point out the US is not the only country where many citizens hold firearms. Its the violent culture and lack of responsibility it's citizens seem to have with firearms that is problem. If you gave a group of kids catapults and they kept blinding each other with them wouldn't think that's a bad idea and confiscate them?"

Isn't it the responsibility of the parents of said children to train them in the proper use of the catapult in the first place ? Our society has become so stupid that "shooting " someone in the eye has to have government response. So my right does not negate stupidity.

"I think the issue with guns in the US is not the guns themselves. As you point out the US is not the only country where many citizens hold firearms. Its the violent culture and lack of responsibility it's citizens seem to have with firearms that is problem. If you gave a group of kids catapults and they kept blinding each other with them wouldn't think that's a bad idea and confiscate them?

Isn't it the responsibility of the parents of said children to train them in the proper use of the catapult in the first place ? Our society has become so stupid that "shooting " someone in the eye has to have government response. So my right does not negate stupidity."

Abortion is a right kills way more children. A woman is allowed to protect her body.All for it. Unless you want government to mandate birth control on everyone.

Guns once again a right I choose to protect mine too.

Rights and choices.

Coventry

"I think the issue with guns in the US is not the guns themselves. As you point out the US is not the only country where many citizens hold firearms. Its the violent culture and lack of responsibility it's citizens seem to have with firearms that is problem. If you gave a group of kids catapults and they kept blinding each other with them wouldn't think that's a bad idea and confiscate them?

Isn't it the responsibility of the parents of said children to train them in the proper use of the catapult in the first place ? Our society has become so stupid that "shooting " someone in the eye has to have government response. So my right does not negate stupidity."

The point is if kids had catapults and there was no issues resulting from that then kids having catapults would not be a problem. However if kids had catapults and there was lots of injuries and damage then there is a problem. American has lots of guns and lots of gun related deaths and crimes. There are other countries where gun ownership is common yet very little gun related deaths and crime. I would say until society as a whole can be more responsible with firearms in the US then it'd probably be better to tighten the availability of guns in the US.

Isn't it the responsibility of the parents of said children to train them in the proper use of the catapult in the first place ? Our society has become so stupid that "shooting " someone in the eye has to have government response. So my right does not negate stupidity.

The point is if kids had catapults and there was no issues resulting from that then kids having catapults would not be a problem. However if kids had catapults and there was lots of injuries and damage then there is a problem. American has lots of guns and lots of gun related deaths and crimes. There are other countries where gun ownership is common yet very little gun related deaths and crime. I would say until society as a whole can be more responsible with firearms in the US then it'd probably be better to tighten the availability of guns in the US."

I agree with red flag laws. I have nothing to hide. You see how a narrative gets played we on Mars looking for life. If life is found science will hail it so will the media. Yet a heartbeat is not on earth. Kind of contradictory.

So when you scream defund police when they are at their limits it emboldens the criminal elements of society. Expect crime rates to rise. I would rather the option to protect myself then none at all.

Glasgow

One thing I can never quite understand about the US is, if guns are essential and effective for defending yourself, and the US has the highest per capita gun ownership in the world; then why are there so many gun related deaths?

However, perhaps the answer is already there? In 2019 there was 38,355 gun related deaths according to the CDC. Interestingly 14,414 were the result of homocide whilst 23,941 were suicide.

So statistically the most likely person to shoot you in the US is ... yourself! Thus, using Darwin theory, you should get in quick and put a bullet in your own brain before you get a chance to commit suicide.

The flip side is of course, if you want to reduce the chances of becoming a gun death victim, you should get rid of your all your guns.

[Removed by poster at 29/06/21 21:16:39]

"One thing I can never quite understand about the US is, if guns are essential and effective for defending yourself, and the US has the highest per capita gun ownership in the world; then why are there so many gun related deaths?

However, perhaps the answer is already there? In 2019 there was 38,355 gun related deaths according to the CDC. Interestingly 14,414 were the result of homocide whilst 23,941 were suicide.

So statistically the most likely person to shoot you in the US is ... yourself! Thus, using Darwin theory, you should get in quick and put a bullet in your own brain before you get a chance to commit suicide.

The flip side is of course, if you want to reduce the chances of becoming a gun death victim, you should get rid of your all your guns. "

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate

If people going to commit suicide the methods are pointless. They still going to do it.

North West

"One thing I can never quite understand about the US is, if guns are essential and effective for defending yourself, and the US has the highest per capita gun ownership in the world; then why are there so many gun related deaths?

The flip side is of course, if you want to reduce the chances of becoming a gun death victim, you should get rid of your all your guns.

If people going to commit suicide the methods are pointless. They still going to do it."

There's plenty of evidence that suicide is less likely to happen if, in the heat of the moment, the individual lacks access to a quick and pretty often immediately fatal tool for the job. As awful as it sounds, taking pills or whatever requires some prior planning and it's almost never immediately fatal and actually very unpleasant. If a person has a gun right nearby and they stick it in their mouth or whatever, they pretty much guarantee death.

It's another argument to not have powerful weapons and ammo easily to hand, because many suicidal people do reject the idea once they've had a proper opportunity to discuss, receive counselling etc.

Eastbourne

You realize that is 880 yards. That is .50 bmg territory. "

7.62mm SLR heavy barrel rifle can kill up to a mile away, will your glock be able to reach them at that distance.

Glasgow

If people going to commit suicide the methods are pointless. They still going to do it.

There's plenty of evidence that suicide is less likely to happen if, in the heat of the moment, the individual lacks access to a quick and pretty often immediately fatal tool for the job. As awful as it sounds, taking pills or whatever requires some prior planning and it's almost never immediately fatal and actually very unpleasant. If a person has a gun right nearby and they stick it in their mouth or whatever, they pretty much guarantee death.

It's another argument to not have powerful weapons and ammo easily to hand, because many suicidal people do reject the idea once they've had a proper opportunity to discuss, receive counselling etc."

Good point!

Let us face it, the beautiful bountiful Land of the Free and the greatest economy in the world should be a great place to live.

Yet it has around twice the suicide rate of Britain, France, Spain, Portugal and Germany. They even beat Japan where suicide is part of their culture. I won't mention North Korea is far less (Oh, Darn it I did!)

However, I will admit, there are countries with a higher suicide rates. Such utopian lands as Botswana, Central African Republic, Guyana and Lesotho.

The point is, if the population of the "best country on Earth" has this strong desire to commit suicide in their thousands, then surely it would be be sensible to address why they feel this way and in addition, stop giving them the equipment to kill so easily?

It has also now become commonplace for these suicidal people to take others with them when they go; because no one likes to die alone.

272 mass shooting in the first 6 months of the 2021.

I struggle to see how even more guns is the answer, but I am sure the NRA will put me straight.

doncaster

If people going to commit suicide the methods are pointless. They still going to do it."

sorry sweetheart but this is just bullshit

If people going to commit suicide the methods are pointless. They still going to do it. sorry sweetheart but this is just bullshit "

How so ? Everyone loves facts alot of those countries higher rates than the US and less gun ownership. Are they making their own primative weapons to off themselves ? Nope does not matter the means. It's a mental issue.

doncaster

If people going to commit suicide the methods are pointless. They still going to do it. sorry sweetheart but this is just bullshit

How so ? Everyone loves facts alot of those countries higher rates than the US and less gun ownership. Are they making their own primative weapons to off themselves ? Nope does not matter the means. It's a mental issue."

you have an extremely blinkered and skewed outlook on reality sweets , not everything is black and white

doncaster

If people going to commit suicide the methods are pointless. They still going to do it. sorry sweetheart but this is just bullshit

How so ? Everyone loves facts alot of those countries higher rates than the US and less gun ownership. Are they making their own primative weapons to off themselves ? Nope does not matter the means. It's a mental issue."

make your mind up , you lambast the brits for seeking facts and stats yet you try to push them down our throats when it suits your narrative ! Live and let live as I try to do

How so ? Everyone loves facts alot of those countries higher rates than the US and less gun ownership. Are they making their own primative weapons to off themselves ? Nope does not matter the means. It's a mental issue. make your mind up , you lambast the brits for seeking facts and stats yet you try to push them down our throats when it suits your narrative ! Live and let live as I try to do "

Not lambasting everyone over there thinks we are gun toting toothless idiots.| In the end run our choices.

doncaster

How so ? Everyone loves facts alot of those countries higher rates than the US and less gun ownership. Are they making their own primative weapons to off themselves ? Nope does not matter the means. It's a mental issue. make your mind up , you lambast the brits for seeking facts and stats yet you try to push them down our throats when it suits your narrative ! Live and let live as I try to do

Not lambasting everyone over there thinks we are gun toting toothless idiots.| In the end run our choices."

you can not judge a nation by a forum on a sex site , same as I don't , it's a minority view at best and such be taken with a pinch of salt

By *ohnThomas1Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Because some of us do sports with them and for defensive purposes. Why does the falklands have so many in civilian hands ? That was not a military assessment. It is a civilian one."

if you need to defend yourself with guns then the ethos of that country is not worth fighting for.

Because some of us do sports with them and for defensive purposes. Why does the falklands have so many in civilian hands ? That was not a military assessment. It is a civilian one. if you need to defend yourself with guns then the ethos of that country is not worth fighting for. "

Always worth fighting for even at a personal level. Hence the guns. That's where we differ from the UK. My house and property is my little country to defend if needed.

» Add a new message to this topic