FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > USA > Austin Texas in October

Austin Texas in October

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *sindie2 OP   Man  over a year ago

wellesbourne

Coming to Austin in late October and would be fun to chat to local folks to get an understanding of the scene out there and who knows even meet for a social?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hiterosesCouple  over a year ago

Stafford

Are you over for GP?

We’re planning to be over for that.....then a further month touring TX

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We got tickets to see the stones there for last year just waiting to hear for rescheduled date

By *ylerd92Man  over a year ago

Sealy

I'm not too far from Austin! If yall ever wanna go towards Houston I'd be just a fun stop on the way.

By *hemissingpiece6Man  over a year ago

austin

I'm originally from Barcelona but recently moved to Austin. There is a club called Collette's that the locals enjoy going to.

I will be around if anyone would like to meet.

By *urreymojoCouple  over a year ago

Ascot

..ah we loved the COA track when we visited the city in 2016 for the GP..and met a great couple (Off another direction) from the LS to round off a great week

wellesbourne

Yes over for the Grand Prix plus a few days extra

wellesbourne

Thanks for the tips. Hopefully I will be lucky and get to combine my love of motorsport with some extra fun

By *he RingmasterMan  over a year ago

Canford Cliffs

I think you're being wildly optimistic about getting the Texas in October.

wellesbourne

Yeah I'm starting to think that way too but trying to remain positive at this point

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

You going to Franklin's BBQ?

By *he RingmasterMan  over a year ago

Canford Cliffs

"You going to Franklin's BBQ?"

Franklins is for tourists

wellesbourne

"You going to Franklin's BBQ?

Franklins is for tourists "

Where would you recommend??

By *untimegeekMan  over a year ago

Havant

We went over last year but GP was cancelled . But had other things to do so not to much of a problem

Want to go over for it this year, but unless they change the rules on not being in the UK for previous 14 days. We can't afford it already been over 3 times since the start of covid and 2 weeks in the Caribbean on way out gets a bit spendy .

By *edonistsatplayCouple  over a year ago

Portsmouth, North Brittany, France

I will be there for the Moto GP at the beginning of October - covid notwithstanding given the current cancellations and re-schedules!!

Apart from hooking up with anyone, socially or otherwise (he hinted!), does anyone know if there is a good Factory Outlet mall not too far from the track?? I need to get some new Levis!!

By *lovisMan  over a year ago

Twickenham

"I will be there for the Moto GP at the beginning of October - covid notwithstanding given the current cancellations and re-schedules!!

Apart from hooking up with anyone, socially or otherwise (he hinted!), does anyone know if there is a good Factory Outlet mall not too far from the track?? I need to get some new Levis!!

"

There are 2 massive outlets just down I35 towards San Antonio - take you about 30 minutes to drive there (depending on traffic and where you're staying) . I35 can be a carpark at rush hour.

Google San Marcos Outlets and Tanger Outlets. There is definitely a Levi's Outlet there as well as many others .

"I will be there for the Moto GP at the beginning of October - covid notwithstanding given the current cancellations and re-schedules!!

There are 2 massive outlets just down I35 towards San Antonio - take you about 30 minutes to drive there (depending on traffic and where you're staying) . I35 can be a carpark at rush hour.

Google San Marcos Outlets and Tanger Outlets. There is definitely a Levi's Outlet there as well as many others ."

Merci bien! I'll look it up, I'm guessing it will stay open fairly late 'cause I wont get away from the track until way after the sessions have finished.

Stafford

"We got tickets to see the stones there for last year just waiting to hear for rescheduled date"

Think they’ve just rescheduled for November. We’re still hopeful for the GP

wellesbourne

So far the sports travel company are saying the GP is on. Depends on what UK travel advice list the USA is on at the time o suppose

By *lovisMan  over a year ago

Twickenham

"Are you over for GP?

We’re planning to be over for that.....then a further month touring TX"

Just make sure you're in San Antonio for Dias de los Muertos on Nov 1- much better than Halloween (although SA is a cool place for that. Check out the King William District for amazingly decorated houses.

But we aren’t allowed to travel to the US yet fingers crossed they relax the laws

wellesbourne

I've got everything crossed!

Just watch out fir the bats!

Lol

Loved standing on the bridge at dusk to see them all head out, quite a sight.

"So far the sports travel company are saying the GP is on. Depends on what UK travel advice list the USA is on at the time o suppose"

Fortunately, I'm not under those restrictions. If the races are happening, then I will be there along with everyone else in the paddock. The difference will be if we are all restricted to remaining within the 'bubble' which could be a pain for visiting the shopping mall!

Stafford

We’re going to route in via the Carribean or Mexico if the direct access is still not allowed.

Just can’t decide whether to go out early if they put the extra race on the week before..

Well, it looks like the G.P.is still going ahead!

We've been asked to book our offices at the circuit and that doesn't normally happen on a fly away unless Dorna are pretty confident all is well and things are going ahead.

If they cancel now, they will have to refund people...........

Adding on....

Flight confirmed, visa sorted, hotel booked, track office paid for, flight case being packed.

As far as the Moto GP paddock is concerned, this race appears to be happening!

Havant

Yeah ,got my tickets today , no camping tickets available so guess will need to check out local hotels. Anyone have any suggestions for reasonable hotel near the circuit..

Someone suggested sleeping in the parking lot ? That would be comfortable in a mustang

wellesbourne

Thats my trip cancelled till next year then. Travel ban to UK residents to be lifted 2 weeks too late for me. See you in 2022 Austin

By *m3232Man  over a year ago

maidenhead

My trip to Vegas is cancelled. What the hell is early November these clowns we need a date

Havant

"Thats my trip cancelled till next year then. Travel ban to UK residents to be lifted 2 weeks too late for me. See you in 2022 Austin"

There has never been a travel ban for UK residents . The ban is any non US resident that has been in Europe within the last 14days. I'm on my 3rd visit this year and 2 last year

Just arrived at my hotel.. welcomed by a massive thunderstorm which bodes well for a weekend of racing!

No real problems, loads of paperwork, but all checked and no delays.

Havant

"Just arrived at my hotel.. welcomed by a massive thunderstorm which bodes well for a weekend of racing!

No real problems, loads of paperwork, but all checked and no delays. "

Well done for making it over. I've got a weekend ticket but saw the weather forecast , so have decided to drive done Saturday morning rather than Friday. Managed to get hotel near the airport

Apparently, one of the Ducati teams was held at immigration for a few hours with paperwork problems but everyone else seems to have made it into the paddock!

Let the fun begin!

» Add a new message to this topic