FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > When do you think

When do you think

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *icecouple561 OP   Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

That I can reasonably expect to be able to visit my parents socially?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"That I can reasonably expect to be able to visit my parents socially? "

If Ireland 6 works with little fluctuation to confirmed cases, UK 2 works with little fluctuation, I reckon we'll have an increase to our 2 people meeting outside after the next review, whenever that is.

Sadly there is no answer to that if your asking on a safe to do so question, as I see it it's when we have a vaccine and god knows how long that will be.

Just dont be tempted to do as our irresponsible leaders do eh. X

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

Personally, if I was you, it depends on their health etc, we are hoping that things will relax a bit here on Friday! Fingers crossed.

I never in my life thought I would feel so isolated! I live alone and work alone and it's getting to me! It's bloody difficult I can say that much

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

There's talk of social family bubbles possibly at the end of Jun but that will depend I think upon how the virus goes..

Scotland - Aberdeen

Lets wait for 2 weeks and see what all the beach goers have caused

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"That I can reasonably expect to be able to visit my parents socially?

If Ireland 6 works with little fluctuation to confirmed cases, UK 2 works with little fluctuation, I reckon we'll have an increase to our 2 people meeting outside after the next review, whenever that is. "

It's difficult to meet them outside of their home.

By *anejohnkent6263Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

Ask Dom???

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Sadly there is no answer to that if your asking on a safe to do so question, as I see it it's when we have a vaccine and god knows how long that will be.

Just dont be tempted to do as our irresponsible leaders do eh. X"

I'm really asking when it's likely to be reasonably safe. If I wait for a vaccine it will be a very long time

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Personally, if I was you, it depends on their health etc, we are hoping that things will relax a bit here on Friday! Fingers crossed.

I never in my life thought I would feel so isolated! I live alone and work alone and it's getting to me! It's bloody difficult I can say that much "

I'll see how things go over the next couple of weeks I think

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Personally, if I was you, it depends on their health etc, we are hoping that things will relax a bit here on Friday! Fingers crossed.

I never in my life thought I would feel so isolated! I live alone and work alone and it's getting to me! It's bloody difficult I can say that much

I'll see how things go over the next couple of weeks I think"

It must be difficult for you

Scotland - Aberdeen

I'm really asking when it's likely to be reasonably safe. If I wait for a vaccine it will be a very long time "

I wont be waiting for a vaccine until I meet mine!

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"There's talk of social family bubbles possibly at the end of Jun but that will depend I think upon how the virus goes.. "

I think you're probably right. What exactly constitutes a social bubble?

If Ireland 6 works with little fluctuation to confirmed cases, UK 2 works with little fluctuation, I reckon we'll have an increase to our 2 people meeting outside after the next review, whenever that is.

It's difficult to meet them outside of their home. "

Garden?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"There's talk of social family bubbles possibly at the end of Jun but that will depend I think upon how the virus goes..

I think you're probably right. What exactly constitutes a social bubble? "

Am not sure tbh, our grandsons when in the bath tend to think their own type of bubbles are social but not sure that's what boris meant..

Silliness aside I think it could mean a small group of family members meet together in a socially distancing way..

If it is it will present issues for some families and will be open to a free for all from some but welcomed and observed sensibly by others..

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

Right now if you stay alert and meet them in a way that puts neither you or them at risk. You should assess the risks and eliminate them. Reference the BBC report of a nursing home that organised a drive through of relatives who did not get out of their cars .

Forum Mod

East Sussex

It's difficult to meet them outside of their home.

Garden? "

Yes, I'm thinking of that.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"There's talk of social family bubbles possibly at the end of Jun but that will depend I think upon how the virus goes..

Am not sure tbh, our grandsons when in the bath tend to think their own type of bubbles are social but not sure that's what boris meant..

Silliness aside I think it could mean a small group of family members meet together in a socially distancing way..

If it is it will present issues for some families and will be open to a free for all from some but welcomed and observed sensibly by others.. "

Lol at your grandsons.

I think you're probably right about the social bubble.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Right now if you stay alert and meet them in a way that puts neither you or them at risk. You should assess the risks and eliminate them. Reference the BBC report of a nursing home that organised a drive through of relatives who did not get out of their cars . "

It's just that my dad who's 93 keeps asking me when I can go into their house when I call him. I'd like to be able to tell him a rough time

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

Using abundance of caution, consider the risks. I have met my mother but following some simple rules.

We keep at each end of the garden, I do not enter her house - even for a pee break, take my own drinks to avoid cup sharing, stay downwind, swap no items or cash and wearing masks.

There is always risk, but managed carefully, it can be reduced to extremely low.

Yesterday, a neighbours mother and father turned up, went into the house for 30mins then they all walked to the park round the corner for 2 hours.

The highest risk would have been the time they were in close proximity within the house touching the same surfaces and breathing the same air.

Thier two sons have disrespected lockdown from the outset in that they have both been in various cars with mates, shared splifs while walking, met a number of drug dealers on the lane at the back of my house and been in the house together with thier parents, and now grandparents.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

We have been visiting my mother since day 1

We stay 4-5 m away and never go inside. We keep our hands in our pockets and usually go on our way to do our weekly shopping which is the only day we come close to any others.

It's one of the accepted reasons for leaving home, checking up on elderly, and whether or not that applies to family I don't care.

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

15th june.

My son's primary school opens but not to him.

My youngest daughter sees staff as she's GCSE year and my eldest goes back to work (high street bookies)

Countries are allowing foreign tourists back. Flights are also resuming.

As you're sensible people I would say 15th june for you all too. Virtual hugs are lovely but go see them. Just be mindful and cautious as I'm sure you both have been anyways x

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

Could be mu#id June but you don't give their age so it could be not until a vaccine is available

I don't think it will be too long before we will be able to visit family in their own home. A few more weeks tops..

Planning to travel abroad late September

I'm really asking when it's likely to be reasonably safe. If I wait for a vaccine it will be a very long time "

It may never be 'safe'. Think about how often you and Mr N come into contact with other people. E.g. shopping etc. You can't know the exact risk but you will have an idea.

I reckon mid June. They mentioned it again tonight on the daily briefing.

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

I think you're probably right. What exactly constitutes a social bubble? "

From what I understand was being discussed in Scotland was a ration or allowance of people, for example you could choose 6 people from different households that you wanted to see. But you would also have to be on their list in order to meet.

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Corrajelo,Spain, Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

I would use yours and your parents own common sense.

You will know where you have been and how many people you have mixed with.

Ask yourself, what's the difference between now and waiting 2 more weeks. Why will it be safer in 2 weeks time than it is now? The virus will still be around.

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Honestly

Tomorrow xxx

Dont touch anything and keep 2.5 m apart

Treat the scenario that you absolutely have it

You know how its it's transmitted mitigate those pathways and see your parents tomorrow xxxx

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

From what I understand was being discussed in Scotland was a ration or allowance of people, for example you could choose 6 people from different households that you wanted to see. But you would also have to be on their list in order to meet."

The recent bbc report on Guernsey shows a good example of the social bubbles and how some restrictions could be lifting here soon

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

What the government says about whether you can see your parents doesn't change the risk to them. The risk to your parents will be determined entirely by you behaviour during the visit.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Using abundance of caution, consider the risks. I have met my mother but following some simple rules.

We keep at each end of the garden, I do not enter her house - even for a pee break, take my own drinks to avoid cup sharing, stay downwind, swap no items or cash and wearing masks.

There is always risk, but managed carefully, it can be reduced to extremely low.

Yesterday, a neighbours mother and father turned up, went into the house for 30mins then they all walked to the park round the corner for 2 hours.

The highest risk would have been the time they were in close proximity within the house touching the same surfaces and breathing the same air.

Thier two sons have disrespected lockdown from the outset in that they have both been in various cars with mates, shared splifs while walking, met a number of drug dealers on the lane at the back of my house and been in the house together with thier parents, and now grandparents."

Yes I've been using extreme caution. Even when we're given the all clear to go in to their home I'll take every care. I just wonder when that will be

Forum Mod

East Sussex

We stay 4-5 m away and never go inside. We keep our hands in our pockets and usually go on our way to do our weekly shopping which is the only day we come close to any others.

It's one of the accepted reasons for leaving home, checking up on elderly, and whether or not that applies to family I don't care.

"

I'm thinking more of being able to go inside.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"15th june.

My son's primary school opens but not to him.

My youngest daughter sees staff as she's GCSE year and my eldest goes back to work (high street bookies)

Countries are allowing foreign tourists back. Flights are also resuming.

As you're sensible people I would say 15th june for you all too. Virtual hugs are lovely but go see them. Just be mindful and cautious as I'm sure you both have been anyways x"

if anything we've been over cautious

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Could be mu#id June but you don't give their age so it could be not until a vaccine is available"

In their 90s.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I don't think it will be too long before we will be able to visit family in their own home. A few more weeks tops.."

I hope so

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I'm really asking when it's likely to be reasonably safe. If I wait for a vaccine it will be a very long time

It may never be 'safe'. Think about how often you and Mr N come into contact with other people. E.g. shopping etc. You can't know the exact risk but you will have an idea.

I reckon mid June. They mentioned it again tonight on the daily briefing. "

Yeah, I think we're at the lower end of the risk scale. If anything my parents are more of a risk to me. Carers go in and they will have been to at least one house before theirs although they take every precaution. My mum's been to hospital twice. Whereas Mr N and I have very little contact with other people.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

From what I understand was being discussed in Scotland was a ration or allowance of people, for example you could choose 6 people from different households that you wanted to see. But you would also have to be on their list in order to meet."

I understand. It seems workable.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Honestly

Tomorrow xxx

Dont touch anything and keep 2.5 m apart

Treat the scenario that you absolutely have it

You know how its it's transmitted mitigate those pathways and see your parents tomorrow xxxx"

Thank you

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I think they'll say something a bit more concrete this Thursday. Hope you can see them soon, it must be really difficult x

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"What the government says about whether you can see your parents doesn't change the risk to them. The risk to your parents will be determined entirely by you behaviour during the visit."

Yes I understand that.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I think they'll say something a bit more concrete this Thursday. Hope you can see them soon, it must be really difficult x"

Thanks. Its a mixed feeling to be honest. I've said elsewhere that I've felt a sense of relief at being relieved of certain responsibilities where they're concerned but I want to see them.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

I go into my dads home to do things for him. He is 90. I explained the risks to him. I do all the hand washing, before , during and after my visit and keep more than 2 metres from him. There won't be a vaccine any time soon . It has to be a decision between you all.

"I go into my dads home to do things for him. He is 90. I explained the risks to him. I do all the hand washing, before , during and after my visit and keep more than 2 metres from him. There won't be a vaccine any time soon . It has to be a decision between you all."
Good for you it will be nice for him to see a frendly face, and there's more to life than just staying alive.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I go into my dads home to do things for him. He is 90. I explained the risks to him. I do all the hand washing, before , during and after my visit and keep more than 2 metres from him. There won't be a vaccine any time soon . It has to be a decision between you all."

chelmsford

"I go into my dads home to do things for him. He is 90. I explained the risks to him. I do all the hand washing, before , during and after my visit and keep more than 2 metres from him. There won't be a vaccine any time soon . It has to be a decision between you all.Good for you it will be nice for him to see a frendly face, and there's more to life than just staying alive. "

Thank you. He said he would rather die than sit in his home alone and not see anyone for months or more.

By *adMerWoman  over a year ago

Sandwich

They have carers going in?

Just use the same precautions they are (that’s if they actually are doing what they should be!)

So gloves, mask and an apron. Plus hand washing when necessary.

After a while it’s about the quality of all your lives.

I am a carer in a residential home and I know our residents are suffering from the lack of visitors.

I visit my mum occasionally. I sit in her garden 2m apart. She’s not quite 80 yet, but we would both both rather see each other sometimes before she dies, whether from covid or something else!

By *reya73Woman  over a year ago

Whitley Bay

Make your own risk assessment .. I think mental health is very important. I've been to see my parents in their garden with my children. We distanced and didn't eat there, visit loo etc. Just went round the side of the house, sat and talked. It made their month to see their grandchildren.

Meet them outdoors perhaps? Or chat in the garden/driveway.. there are ways to do it and still be safe x

By *reya73Woman  over a year ago

Whitley Bay

"They have carers going in?

Just use the same precautions they are (that’s if they actually are doing what they should be!)

So gloves, mask and an apron. Plus hand washing when necessary.

After a while it’s about the quality of all your lives.

I am a carer in a residential home and I know our residents are suffering from the lack of visitors.

I visit my mum occasionally. I sit in her garden 2m apart. She’s not quite 80 yet, but we would both both rather see each other sometimes before she dies, whether from covid or something else!"

Exactly xxx

"I go into my dads home to do things for him. He is 90. I explained the risks to him. I do all the hand washing, before , during and after my visit and keep more than 2 metres from him. There won't be a vaccine any time soon . It has to be a decision between you all.Good for you it will be nice for him to see a frendly face, and there's more to life than just staying alive.

Thank you. He said he would rather die than sit in his home alone and not see anyone for months or more."

Well I'm not that old but I'm starting to know what he means.Going stir crazy lol

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

I reckon September as guess. Depends on the science and stats.

It could be the last chance before the flu season starts or covid bloody 20.

chelmsford

"I go into my dads home to do things for him. He is 90. I explained the risks to him. I do all the hand washing, before , during and after my visit and keep more than 2 metres from him. There won't be a vaccine any time soon . It has to be a decision between you all.Good for you it will be nice for him to see a frendly face, and there's more to life than just staying alive.

Thank you. He said he would rather die than sit in his home alone and not see anyone for months or more.Well I'm not that old but I'm starting to know what he means.Going stir crazy lol"

He's a normally active and social man,going out with friends etc. His mental health is already suffering, so he has made the decision for me to go and see him.

Thank you. He said he would rather die than sit in his home alone and not see anyone for months or more.Well I'm not that old but I'm starting to know what he means.Going stir crazy lol

He's a normally active and social man,going out with friends etc. His mental health is already suffering, so he has made the decision for me to go and see him."

Hope the pubs open soon so he can get out and about.

chelmsford

Thank you. He said he would rather die than sit in his home alone and not see anyone for months or more.Well I'm not that old but I'm starting to know what he means.Going stir crazy lol

He's a normally active and social man,going out with friends etc. His mental health is already suffering, so he has made the decision for me to go and see him.Hope the pubs open soon so he can get out and about. "

Haha

By *ecretlivesCouple  over a year ago

FABWatch HQ

I'm thinking more of being able to go inside. "

Inside is the much greater risk, as you shed viral cells onto surfaces you may not touch and atmosphere is slightly more conducive to their survival. As said elsewhere, behave as if you have got it. Each thing you do (hand sanitiser, meet outside, masks for both, close awareness of own health etc) all shave the odds of transmission.

Ultimately at 93 life can be short, virus or no. As an elderly friend said to me. "6 months to you might be 1/2 the time I've got left, so I am buggered if I am going to spend it locked up." He stays safe but carries on

By *heekyFlirtyCoupleCouple  over a year ago

Stockport

My parents announced they are intending to visit us this Christmas, so I’ve suggested a house swap! Lol

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

I'm thinking more of being able to go inside. "

Even with Government advice..

Stay outside for peace of mind.. before this took hold, I was involved with extensive rennivation of her property and horrid waiting 7 to 14 days to ensure they are not symptomatic.

Government advice has not been the best on many occassions.

Stay outside, stay apart, wear gloves and mask if you do need to enter and enjoy a smile togther in the sun.

Vitamin D is also a prevention, get plenty but even if advised it is ok to meet and go in, for the time being.. don't.

Risk will still be present plus additional 2nd wave if it happens. You would never forgive yourself if you took it in.

Outside in garden, take 2m as bare minimum, 5 to 6 and downwind if breezy.

As someone said earlier, behave as though you actually have it.

» Add a new message to this topic