FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Pubs may close next month what!!!

Pubs may close next month what!!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Only just heard on radio that they are thinking of closing all pubs next month in order to allow kids to school. Just when I thought Boris couldn’t utter anything else ridiculous... I was obviously wrong.

You can’t close all the pubs they have only just been allowed to re-open. Poor people with these businesses as well. Boris doesn’t even care. It’s all getting beyond a joke now. What with the last min decision not to open beauty salons and and bowling etc.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

What is so hard to understand that they have said all along that things will be opened slowly and if the rate rises they will be closed again? I know how much you love to bash boris but for once try using some common sense.

By *on12xxMan  over a year ago

leeds

I agree at last Boris trying to do right thing

Pubs not essential

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

But that's what they have said all along, if the infections go up, they put the brakes on some things. I am not sure what is the best option but what would you want them to do?

"What is so hard to understand that they have said all along that things will be opened slowly and if the rate rises they will be closed again? I know how much you love to bash boris but for once try using some common sense."

Yes in certain areas! But now there is talk of closing all pubs across the whole of the uk. Which seems utterly ridiculous. Boris obviously wants every business going bankrupt. Closing pubs because kids will be going to school to me has no connection. Does he think kids go to the pub after school or something!

Again another Boris stupid decision.

Bella

By *s.KerryTV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

The future generations education surely takes priority over pubs?

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"What is so hard to understand that they have said all along that things will be opened slowly and if the rate rises they will be closed again? I know how much you love to bash boris but for once try using some common sense."

Well said. The restrictions being lifted and staying that way were always conditional on the figures staying down. If it helps keep the virus under control I'm all for it.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I do feel sorry for business's though, hopefully they will get more help or we are going to be a lot of people without jobs soon

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It is blindingly obvious that the current spike is connected to the opening of pubs because it is the only place where people are gathering indoors and regardless of government guidelines the dive bars in my town are not at all covid secure. To coin their stupid words.

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS  over a year ago

Whitstable

No kids here so keep the pubs open and schools closed.

Dudley

"What is so hard to understand that they have said all along that things will be opened slowly and if the rate rises they will be closed again? I know how much you love to bash boris but for once try using some common sense.

Yes in certain areas! But now there is talk of closing all pubs across the whole of the uk. Which seems utterly ridiculous. Boris obviously wants every business going bankrupt. Closing pubs because kids will be going to school to me has no connection. Does he think kids go to the pub after school or something!

Bella "

Are you really that blinded by Tory hatred? If you can't see the logic in bringing restrictions back in order to allow our kids back into education then your blinkers are even worse than I thought.

Dudley

"It is blindingly obvious that the current spike is connected to the opening of pubs because it is the only place where people are gathering indoors and regardless of government guidelines the dive bars in my town are not at all covid secure. To coin their stupid words. "

Actually no. The spikes are being noticed in households that are mixing with no social distancing, in homes etc. The track and trace is actually working in that respect, they are monitoring very carefully where the issues are cropping up, hence why mixing households is now not allowed in Manchester and surrounding areas.

By *BWarksCouple  over a year ago

warwick

We just need to put up with Covid , for most it’s only a mild illness , high risk people should stay the distance apart , all others carry on as normal

"What is so hard to understand that they have said all along that things will be opened slowly and if the rate rises they will be closed again? I know how much you love to bash boris but for once try using some common sense.

Bella

Are you really that blinded by Tory hatred? If you can't see the logic in bringing restrictions back in order to allow our kids back into education then your blinkers are even worse than I thought. "

Newsflash, Bella and her family were huge Boris fans....the u turn has be remarkable!

Jack

By *en_Dover79Man  over a year ago

Oswaldtwistle

"Only just heard on radio that they are thinking of closing all pubs next month in order to allow kids to school. Just when I thought Boris couldn’t utter anything else ridiculous... I was obviously wrong.

You can’t close all the pubs they have only just been allowed to re-open. Poor people with these businesses as well. Boris doesn’t even care. It’s all getting beyond a joke now. What with the last min decision not to open beauty salons and and bowling etc. "

and we wonder why the country is on its arse with statements like this....

By *heartsasoneCouple  over a year ago

north of Plymouth

The problem they have is that kids can carry without any symptoms whatsoever but can pass it on. I don’t think it’s the pubs the issue as a whole the pubs are not as busy As before lockdown it’s the mass gatherings. Track and trace would have the pubs closed quickly if a source was at a pub.

We have not been into a pub yet only sat outside and put land mines around us. Lol.

Closing pubs so kids can do to school.... they don’t have any connection. It’s absolutely hilarious.

Oh well let’s all get ready for their to be protests and people kicking off about this. Hopefully Boris will actually see some sense and not follow this daft idea

By *bi_AstrayTV/TS  over a year ago

Plymouth

I guess both will push up the infection rate, so the choice has to be made of which one is more important.

The idea seems to come from sage not Boris as such, as much as I like to criticise the clown, hard choices are going to have to be made to control outbreaks.

If schools are going to be closed for much longer than they might have to start thinking about adding a year to all current pupils to catch up. Are the problems created by schools being shut greater than that of pubs?

By *olex99Man  over a year ago

Hull

Getting a bit carried away here people. One of the medical scientists at Sage has suggested this as an option. There has been nothing official from the top to suggest it's even a consideration at this point. Calm down.

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

I don't follow the logic in this, I have not been in any pubs since they reopened, but people i know who have say the pubs are well run and there are no issues around social distancing etc.

Compare this to the mass gatherings of football fans, demonstrations, protests etc. (I am not say the reasons are hot genuine, just the timing).

Then there are uncontrolled 'family gatherings' where numbers of people from different households are meeting up to celebrate or anything else.

Pubs have just restocked having thrown away gallons of beer before and now they have to throw away more... these businesses are bearing the brunt of something they have NOT caused.

By *ornybobBuilderMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

Thank god some one got common sense couldn't agree with you more

"I don't follow the logic in this, I have not been in any pubs since they reopened, but people i know who have say the pubs are well run and there are no issues around social distancing etc.

Compare this to the mass gatherings of football fans, demonstrations, protests etc. (I am not say the reasons are hot genuine, just the timing).

Then there are uncontrolled 'family gatherings' where numbers of people from different households are meeting up to celebrate or anything else.

Pubs have just restocked having thrown away gallons of beer before and now they have to throw away more... these businesses are bearing the brunt of something they have NOT caused."

Completely agree the pubs near where I live are following social distancing and guidelines correctly. They were so pleased to be back open. Some were worried they may have to close for good if they hadn’t been able to re-open. Now with this potential threat. It’s going to be giving them added worry of what might happen next month. If they have to close some of these pubs won’t survive.

I have seen mass gatherings in parks etc nothing to do with pubs.

"Getting a bit carried away here people. One of the medical scientists at Sage has suggested this as an option. There has been nothing official from the top to suggest it's even a consideration at this point. Calm down."

Well let’s hope Boris engages brain for once and thinks this though and the damage it will cause. He was just shutting things down temporarily in certain areas. But now seems to be suggesting places close across the whole of the uk. This seems wrong when most areas are having low infection rates why make everyone suffer!

Dudley

"Getting a bit carried away here people. One of the medical scientists at Sage has suggested this as an option. There has been nothing official from the top to suggest it's even a consideration at this point. Calm down.

Well let’s hope Boris engages brain for once and thinks this though and the damage it will cause. He was just shutting things down temporarily in certain areas. But now seems to be suggesting places close across the whole of the uk. This seems wrong when most areas are having low infection rates why make everyone suffer! "

It's not all Boris you know, your obsession is concerning.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Getting a bit carried away here people. One of the medical scientists at Sage has suggested this as an option. There has been nothing official from the top to suggest it's even a consideration at this point. Calm down.

Well let’s hope Boris engages brain for once and thinks this though and the damage it will cause. He was just shutting things down temporarily in certain areas. But now seems to be suggesting places close across the whole of the uk. This seems wrong when most areas are having low infection rates why make everyone suffer!

It's not all Boris you know, your obsession is concerning."

But is him who makes the final decision

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

"We just need to put up with Covid , for most it’s only a mild illness , high risk people should stay the distance apart , all others carry on as normal "

Should have been this from the start! With an opt out for high risk people! X

By *ancs_tgirl_38TV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

Boris hasn't said it, it's some economy illiterate, jerk off scientist, but the BBC of course are running with it.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

To the OP, up to now it looks like just something that is being bandied about, but if they have to shut some things down, whatever that may be , to keep infections down then it has to be done.

Dudley

But is him who makes the final decision"

Well, there's alot more to it than that really.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Only just heard on radio that they are thinking of closing all pubs next month in order to allow kids to school. Just when I thought Boris couldn’t utter anything else ridiculous... I was obviously wrong.

You can’t close all the pubs they have only just been allowed to re-open. Poor people with these businesses as well. Boris doesn’t even care. It’s all getting beyond a joke now. What with the last min decision not to open beauty salons and and bowling etc. "

No some so called expert has said this not the government so check your facts

Common sense , come on now

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

It's not all Boris you know, your obsession is concerning."

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Well, there's alot more to it than that really. "

The buck stops with him though, he has said it himself a couple of times in the last few weeks and it is true

By *eeBee67Man  over a year ago

Masked and Distant

Not Boris, not an announcement.

In fact it's an opinion of one of the medical advisers.

If only conclusion jumping was an Olympic sport

By *n Search Of SunsetCouple  over a year ago

Search Of Sunset

Most of the non social distanced gatherings ive seen are in parks and beaches with younger people (teens to 40s) who are either buying alcoholic drinks from pubs to take away or local shops..

No police involvement what so ever

And its all in plain sight..

I truly believe the virus is here to stay... await herd immunity if it ever really happens and a case of survival of the fittest/richest as its going to put a lot of people out of work/jobs the way its going.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

I truly believe the virus is here to stay... await herd immunity if it ever really happens and a case of survival of the fittest/richest as its going to put a lot of people out of work/jobs the way its going.

"

This

I hate to say it but if you look at the feedback from track and trace in Manchester, whilst pubs aren’t to blame for regression... their customers are.

Our spike is in the 20-50’s age range, The efforts of track and trace centre around a number of pubs.

Sadly it’s the ‘our liberty’ crowd, people need to take account of their own contribution to the issue.

"We just need to put up with Covid , for most it’s only a mild illness , high risk people should stay the distance apart , all others carry on as normal "

Agree with every word.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I think we need to realise that Covid19 has no political affiliation and isn't actually sentient in any way. All the powers that be can do is react to however it develops, there's not a road map for this thing.

I'm no fan of the prime minister and I don't think he's handled things well as far as making statements and implementing restrictions with any clarity goes but whoever was in power would have no experience of dealing with a global pandemic. The effects of this are going to be devastating for lots of people and not many of those effects are avoidable.

Dudley

The buck stops with him though, he has said it himself a couple of times in the last few weeks and it is true"

Yeah but he doesn't wake up one morning and decide things alone. There are procedures and others have input into the decisions.

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

"Closing pubs so kids can do to school.... they don’t have any connection. It’s absolutely hilarious.

Oh well let’s all get ready for their to be protests and people kicking off about this. Hopefully Boris will actually see some sense and not follow this daft idea "

The connection is that both activities allow for lots of people being in close proximity to each other and both of these put the infection rates up. So it’s a choice pubs or schools as social distancing can’t happen in schools and isn’t happening in pubs.

South

"I hate to say it but if you look at the feedback from track and trace in Manchester, whilst pubs aren’t to blame for regression... their customers are.

Our spike is in the 20-50’s age range, The efforts of track and trace centre around a number of pubs.

Sadly it’s the ‘our liberty’ crowd, people need to take account of their own contribution to the issue."

selfish people acting selfishly and this is the result - I’ve lost count of how many photos I’ve seen on social media with no social distancing. Reported erm 10 profiles in the last 2 days for wanting play meets ... this is what happens when people think the rules don’t apply to them.

"Boris hasn't said it, it's some economy illiterate, jerk off scientist, but the BBC of course are running with it. "

The article came out last night and was originally by the BBCs health and science correspondent. After a fair amount of twitter backlash for the opinion he was spouting as fact they went out and found a scientist to back up their claims.

Nothing coming from a government source or even one of the scientist to do with the Covid outbreak.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I think we need to realise that Covid19 has no political affiliation and isn't actually sentient in any way. All the powers that be can do is react to however it develops, there's not a road map for this thing.

I'm no fan of the prime minister and I don't think he's handled things well as far as making statements and implementing restrictions with any clarity goes but whoever was in power would have no experience of dealing with a global pandemic. The effects of this are going to be devastating for lots of people and not many of those effects are avoidable. "

I agree with a lot of what you say. However a small point of operation cygnet where they plan what would happen in a pandemic, it failed miserably so the Government knew some of the pitfalls there would be so could have used that knowledge to act differently when the pandemic turned up

However I think at times it is like a moving target, things are not always going to be straight forward but I think it might have been better with a proper track and trace system, it seems NI have one running now and ours is still not even in the pipeline

You only have to look at Bournemouth beach a few weeks ago to realise that the majority of people have ZERO common sense

The government are damned if they and damned if they don’t

I’d rather Boris than that clown Corbyn or Sir Boring starmer any day of the week

Forum Mod

O o O oo

The buck stops with him though, he has said it himself a couple of times in the last few weeks and it is true

Yeah but he doesn't wake up one morning and decide things alone. There are procedures and others have input into the decisions. "

I know I didn't say that

What I did say was, the final decision is his

Dudley

"I hate to say it but if you look at the feedback from track and trace in Manchester, whilst pubs aren’t to blame for regression... their customers are.

Sadly it’s the ‘our liberty’ crowd, people need to take account of their own contribution to the issue."

It's been stated several times that it's households mixing without social distancing that are causing the spikes. That's why mixing households is not allowed in Manchester and surrounding areas.

Dudley

Yeah but he doesn't wake up one morning and decide things alone. There are procedures and others have input into the decisions.

I know I didn't say that

What I did say was, the final decision is his"

Oh I know you didn't say that

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"I agree at last Boris trying to do right thing

Pubs not essential "

They are for everybody who's livlihood depends on them, the economy and for local communities.

Closing places again isn't the answer.

By *ish you were here!Couple  over a year ago

Kidderminster...ish!

"It is blindingly obvious that the current spike is connected to the opening of pubs because it is the only place where people are gathering indoors and regardless of government guidelines the dive bars in my town are not at all covid secure. To coin their stupid words.

Actually no. The spikes are being noticed in households that are mixing with no social distancing, in homes etc. The track and trace is actually working in that respect, they are monitoring very carefully where the issues are cropping up, hence why mixing households is now not allowed in Manchester and surrounding areas. "

People with drink inside them are idiots. I don’t think they should be open yet personally.

Pubs open - people don’t distance. Idiots fight.

I think restaurants /gastro pubs should be allowed with strict rules.

But education should always be a priority over pubs!

By *aria_dreamgirlTV/TS  over a year ago

stockport

Unlawful gatherings and a lack of social distancing happens frequently especially amongst certain groups of people.Once the beaches were open there was a stampede.The attitude was 'I don't know anyone who's had it' quote unquote.

South

"People with drink inside them are idiots. I don’t think they should be open yet personally.

But education should always be a priority over pubs! "

I agree 100% .. maybe open pubs until 6pm or something curfew sounds awful but if people can’t show restraint what is the choice.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

I know I didn't say that

Oh I know you didn't say that "

Then I don't know why you mentioned it

I think we all know how it works with Government. It sounds like you were taking my comment as a negative rather than a fact so wanted to pull me up on it.

As much as you say the OP is a hater of Boris you seem to be the opposite and won't have anything said against him, even if what I said was true.

I think if people took out the "side" they are on and look at things objectively then the debates would be a lot better and less picky

"People with drink inside them are idiots. I don’t think they should be open yet personally.

But education should always be a priority over pubs!

I agree 100% .. maybe open pubs until 6pm or something curfew sounds awful but if people can’t show restraint what is the choice. "

It could be worse as in Thailand ,they stopped all sales of alcohol for around 3 weeks...because they knew people are idiots in drink.

They only have had 58 die though...

That is good, it would help the nation to get abit healthier.

South east Asia is on the rise big time

Sydney looks like going into lock down again too

A second wave is inevitable every where

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"That is good, it would help the nation to get abit healthier."

Such a random post

If it's a choice between pubs and kids education, then I'm afraid I choose the kids all day long.

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

I think children should have been back to school ages ago, long before they opened the pubs, it’s been a joke they left it so long to go back, they are the least vulnerable and I’m sure it was safer for them to be at school than smoking pot, drinking alcohol and hanging out in their hoards with no idea of social distancing, sorry if this offends but it appears a lot of the population either don’t care or don’t know what their children are up to when out and about.

"That is good, it would help the nation to get abit healthier.

Such a random post"

Not at all. I meant a temporary close is good, there are way to many calories consumed at one night in a pub per person.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"If it's a choice between pubs and kids education, then I'm afraid I choose the kids all day long. "

It's not a choice I'd want to have to make. That's why I have a certain amount of sympathy for the people making the decisions. It doesn't matter what they do, it will be wrong for someone

Such a random postNot at all. I meant a temporary close is good, there are way to many calories consumed at one night in a pub per person."

Tbf Shag I think there are plenty of people who regularly over indulge at home. Don't think you can blame the pubs for the nations increasing obesity problem

Such a random post"

I think he means people told be more heavy without pubs.

South

"I think children should have been back to school ages ago, long before they opened the pubs, it’s been a joke they left it so long to go back, they are the least vulnerable and I’m sure it was safer for them to be at school than smoking pot, drinking alcohol and hanging out in their hoards with no idea of social distancing, sorry if this offends but it appears a lot of the population either don’t care or don’t know what their children are up to when out and about."

Staff in schools however are not the lowest risk and deserved the same protection as everyone else. So I disagree. You can’t throw teachers under a bus because parents aren’t doing their jobs if we didn’t have a decimated social care system then this would have been prime time for that service to get involved but that was not going to happen as there is not enough staff there.

Blame the unions for that

Private schools was mandatory to go back otherwise you lost your place

Schools should be all year around with shorter days and a month off in summer

Such a random postNot at all. I meant a temporary close is good, there are way to many calories consumed at one night in a pub per person.

Tbf Shag I think there are plenty of people who regularly over indulge at home. Don't think you can blame the pubs for the nations increasing obesity problem"

That is right as well as they can do it at home too.

"If it's a choice between pubs and kids education, then I'm afraid I choose the kids all day long.

It's not a choice I'd want to have to make. That's why I have a certain amount of sympathy for the people making the decisions. It doesn't matter what they do, it will be wrong for someone "

Yep, it's absolutely a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation. I don't think there are many choices that are easy ones at the moment.

"If it's a choice between pubs and kids education, then I'm afraid I choose the kids all day long.

It's not a choice I'd want to have to make. That's why I have a certain amount of sympathy for the people making the decisions. It doesn't matter what they do, it will be wrong for someone "

Yep I'm waiting for the bloke with the hiccups to pop up

Dudley

"

I know I didn't say that

I think we all know how it works with Government. It sounds like you were taking my comment as a negative rather than a fact so wanted to pull me up on it.

As much as you say the OP is a hater of Boris you seem to be the opposite and won't have anything said against him, even if what I said was true.

I think if people took out the "side" they are on and look at things objectively then the debates would be a lot better and less picky

"

I mentioned it because the way you said it first seemed as if you were putting all the blame onto one man, that isn't the case. The decision isn't solely his, he just takes the blame of things go tits up.

I defend our government against the people who want to blame every single bad thing that happens on them, especially some of the truly vile things that have been said about Boris, people seem to forget he is still human, yes, he's made some mistakes but that's human nature and this was a virus that we knew nothing about to start with. So, I will continue to counter the utter nonsense some people make up on here in order to score political points.

By *pple16Man  over a year ago

Macclesfield

The government got slated for not act quickly in the beginning now they have they still get slated For looking after lives, do you want your loved ones die or visit the pub, you choose?

"The government got slated for not act quickly in the beginning now they have they still get slated For looking after lives, do you want your loved ones die or visit the pub, you choose?

"

Not always..I slated them many times.

But on this I think they got it right.

Hope your reading _eeley

South

"Blame the unions for that

Schools should be all year around with shorter days and a month off in summer"

Do you work in education? Is you opinion based on how children learn best or what is more convenient for adults?

None of the private schools I know were a mandatory return most I know of were distance learning the same as state schools - which were come in or lose your place? The teachers I know in the private sector Were all working at home providing distance learning none were open.

"The government got slated for not act quickly in the beginning now they have they still get slated For looking after lives, do you want your loved ones die or visit the pub, you choose?

"

Poor government get a slagging what ever they do

Dudley

Hope your reading _eeley "

I am, I knew you'd come over to the dark side eventually

South

Poor government get a slagging what ever they do "

I’m sure they’ll survive in their mansions with their staff .. not as if they will feel any direct financial consequences of any decisions they make. The PM burns £20 in front of homeless people remember so I would waste your sympathy on his feelings as they’re not reciprocated.

Hope your reading _eeley

I am, I knew you'd come over to the dark side eventually "

Only on this call. It's only the first thing they have got right

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Such a random postNot at all. I meant a temporary close is good, there are way to many calories consumed at one night in a pub per person."

And why it was a random post.

Bugger I need the toilet

South

Hope your reading _eeley

Only on this call. It's only the first thing they have got right "

Haha I agree I find myself thinking - oh good decision then wondering wtf. I’m even agreeing with Piers Morgan these days too .... the world has truly gone mad

By *aisyDoandDaisyDontWoman  over a year ago

little old town of Reading!

"

I know I didn't say that

I mentioned it because the way you said it first seemed as if you were putting all the blame onto one man, that isn't the case. The decision isn't solely his, he just takes the blame of things go tits up.

I defend our government against the people who want to blame every single bad thing that happens on them, especially some of the truly vile things that have been said about Boris, people seem to forget he is still human, yes, he's made some mistakes but that's human nature and this was a virus that we knew nothing about to start with. So, I will continue to counter the utter nonsense some people make up on here in order to score political points. "

Well that’s bullshit, actually- boris has spent his entire career trying to climb that greasy pole of politics to become PM. Bad news for him, the whole Covid drama happened on his watch. He’s not a leader, he’s out of his depth. He would probably have done a reasonably good job in the good times- but in the time of drastic disaster, he’s done nothing but make things worse. You can see on his face that he knows he’s floundering. Whitty, Cummings and, god help us!, Hancock are in charge, while he gibbers and lets the country go to ruin.

"I think children should have been back to school ages ago, long before they opened the pubs, it’s been a joke they left it so long to go back, they are the least vulnerable and I’m sure it was safer for them to be at school than smoking pot, drinking alcohol and hanging out in their hoards with no idea of social distancing, sorry if this offends but it appears a lot of the population either don’t care or don’t know what their children are up to when out and about.

Staff in schools however are not the lowest risk and deserved the same protection as everyone else. So I disagree. You can’t throw teachers under a bus because parents aren’t doing their jobs if we didn’t have a decimated social care system then this would have been prime time for that service to get involved but that was not going to happen as there is not enough staff there. "

Is this where I state that teachers got a payrise for all their help... while the nurses have been shafted again and well and truly thrown under the bus!!

But anyway parents have to work they are reliant on school and some children are in very vulnerable situations. I don’t have children of school age but if I did I would want them getting a education over pubs

"

Pure hysteria.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

I know I didn't say that

I mentioned it because the way you said it first seemed as if you were putting all the blame onto one man, that isn't the case. The decision isn't solely his, he just takes the blame of things go tits up.)"

"But is him who makes the final decision"

Maybe you read my post wrong initially

Dudley

"

I know I didn't say that

I mentioned it because the way you said it first seemed as if you were putting all the blame onto one man, that isn't the case. The decision isn't solely his, he just takes the blame of things go tits up.)

"But is him who makes the final decision"

Maybe you read my post wrong initially "

Maybe I did.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Not all teachers got pay rises. Those in private education are not covered by the state school wage deals, obviously. The organisation I work for has suspended all bonuses for senior management, cut hours and wages during the pandemic, has suspended all pay rises and performance related anything in January and is teetering on redundancies.

By *erry bull1Man  over a year ago

doncaster

I wonder if the bars in the common s etc are forced to close

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Bugger I need the toilet "

Dudley

Hope your reading _eeley

Only on this call. It's only the first thing they have got right "

Still, baby steps

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I think children should have been back to school ages ago, long before they opened the pubs, it’s been a joke they left it so long to go back, they are the least vulnerable and I’m sure it was safer for them to be at school than smoking pot, drinking alcohol and hanging out in their hoards with no idea of social distancing, sorry if this offends but it appears a lot of the population either don’t care or don’t know what their children are up to when out and about.

Staff in schools however are not the lowest risk and deserved the same protection as everyone else. So I disagree. You can’t throw teachers under a bus because parents aren’t doing their jobs if we didn’t have a decimated social care system then this would have been prime time for that service to get involved but that was not going to happen as there is not enough staff there.

Is this where I state that teachers got a payrise for all their help... while the nurses have been shafted again and well and truly thrown under the bus!!

But anyway parents have to work they are reliant on school and some children are in very vulnerable situations. I don’t have children of school age but if I did I would want them getting a education over pubs "

To be fair it was a rise that was already on the cards and it comes out of the already stretched school budget and not extra money from the Government

Hope your reading _eeley

Haha I agree I find myself thinking - oh good decision then wondering wtf. I’m even agreeing with Piers Morgan these days too .... the world has truly gone mad "

Piers Morgan...now that is bad

[Removed by poster at 01/08/20 17:38:16]

Such a random postNot at all. I meant a temporary close is good, there are way to many calories consumed at one night in a pub per person.

And why it was a random post."

We have to agree to disagree on that one.

"Closing pubs so kids can do to school.... they don’t have any connection. It’s absolutely hilarious.

Oh well let’s all get ready for their to be protests and people kicking off about this. Hopefully Boris will actually see some sense and not follow this daft idea "

I have said this quite a bit - this boils down to Dominic Cummings and his car trip - the English population rightly have said to Boris if your best pal can ignore the rules so can we - Boris is now getting the backlash and is now trying to attach blame to the ordinary people who he feels are stupid cause they won’t obey the rules but it was Boris’ cronies who broke the rules in the first place

Boris now says oh it’s all your fault - nothing to do with me and my mates - and he is now quite rightly getting the backlash - I actually feel really sorry for the English people now - Boris shafted u over Brexit and he is shafting you over this

Bella "

Are you really that niave? Its the pubs opening that has caused the increase in infections due to some (not all, to be fair) just letting people congregate en masse. The few are going to ruin it for the many. Its unfortunate, but they need to close the pubs again in my opinion. And i mean now, not next month.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

And why it was a random post.We have to agree to disagree on that one."

The post is about shutting pubs because of covid and not about calories

Dudley

Bella

Are you really that niave? Its the pubs opening that has caused the increase in infections due to some (not all, to be fair) just letting people congregate en masse. The few are going to ruin it for the many. Its unfortunate, but they need to close the pubs again in my opinion. And i mean now, not next month. "

No it isn't. It's been stated several times that it's households mixing without social distancing that has caused the rises in cases in certain areas, that's why those restrictions have been put back into place in Manchester.

South

But anyway parents have to work they are reliant on school and some children are in very vulnerable situations. I don’t have children of school age but if I did I would want them getting a education over pubs "

Teachers or 70% of them won’t get a pay rise as the publicised rise is only for new teachers to attract them as there are not enough teachers entering the profession as it is. Once you have 5 years experience there is no pay rise and in any case the rise comes out of existing budgets which are squeezed already so is likely to actually mean redundancies of experienced teachers to afford to pay new teachers - yes it really is that ludicrous. But hey it’s worked as people think teachers are getting a pay hike and reputation of the profession is in the toilet again.

And why it was a random post.We have to agree to disagree on that one.

The post is about shutting pubs because of covid and not about calories "

Yes and I see other posts as well that is not about it as well but still important.

I wasn’t really looking at the money side and no idea on who gets paid what or who got a pay rise but I certainly understand your point if that’s the case..

I was thinking it is surely safer for the children to be at school in a controlled environment instead of being allowed to meet up in huge groups doing what they shouldn’t. Teachers and children especially teenagers could have worn masks, washed and sanitised their hands and been socially distanced. If their parents were high risk or any teachers high risk then obviously they don’t go but I’m thinking most of the teachers are low risk and so what’s the difference of them going to work than nurses, factory workers, shop assistants, office workers etc. all of which have gone back to work or never even finished.

South

Hope your reading _eeley

Haha I agree I find myself thinking - oh good decision then wondering wtf. I’m even agreeing with Piers Morgan these days too .... the world has truly gone mad

Piers Morgan...now that is bad "

Haha I know!!! I’m really worried

By *mooth Operator 07Man  over a year ago

in the deep mist of the valleys

Bloody hope not. In Wales some have been open, as from the 3rd of August all the pubs are open.

South

But anyway parents have to work they are reliant on school and some children are in very vulnerable situations. I don’t have children of school age but if I did I would want them getting a education over pubs

I wasn’t really looking at the money side and no idea on who gets paid what or who got a pay rise but I certainly understand your point if that’s the case..

I was thinking it is surely safer for the children to be at school in a controlled environment instead of being allowed to meet up in huge groups doing what they shouldn’t. Teachers and children especially teenagers could have worn masks, washed and sanitised their hands and been socially distanced. If their parents were high risk or any teachers high risk then obviously they don’t go but I’m thinking most of the teachers are low risk and so what’s the difference of them going to work than nurses, factory workers, shop assistants, office workers etc. all of which have gone back to work or never even finished. "

Teachers aren’t allowed to wear masks ... many support staff are older. The profession has approx 30% in vulnerable groups.

Oh well let’s all get ready for their to be protests and people kicking off about this. Hopefully Boris will actually see some sense and not follow this daft idea

I have said this quite a bit - this boils down to Dominic Cummings and his car trip - the English population rightly have said to Boris if your best pal can ignore the rules so can we - Boris is now getting the backlash and is now trying to attach blame to the ordinary people who he feels are stupid cause they won’t obey the rules but it was Boris’ cronies who broke the rules in the first place

Boris now says oh it’s all your fault - nothing to do with me and my mates - and he is now quite rightly getting the backlash - I actually feel really sorry for the English people now - Boris shafted u over Brexit and he is shafting you over this "

The Cummings incident certainly didn’t help- along with the very obvious fact that the government doesn’t know it’s arse from its elbow, and is making these “rules” up on the hoof.

South

Schools were never actually closed and key worker and vulnerable children have been in all along - it was down to the school to identify vulnerable pupils.

Bella

Are you really that niave? Its the pubs opening that has caused the increase in infections due to some (not all, to be fair) just letting people congregate en masse. The few are going to ruin it for the many. Its unfortunate, but they need to close the pubs again in my opinion. And i mean now, not next month.

No it isn't. It's been stated several times that it's households mixing without social distancing that has caused the rises in cases in certain areas, that's why those restrictions have been put back into place in Manchester. "

Thats part of the problem sure, but its difficult for the gov to admit that pubs are a big cause, as it would be so unpopular, not to mention the economic issues involved. It costs nothing to the economy to tell households not to mix, does it?

They will have to bite the bullet soon, and shut them.

Boris now says oh it’s all your fault - nothing to do with me and my mates - and he is now quite rightly getting the backlash - I actually feel really sorry for the English people now - Boris shafted u over Brexit and he is shafting you over this

The Cummings incident certainly didn’t help- along with the very obvious fact that the government doesn’t know it’s arse from its elbow, and is making these “rules” up on the hoof. "

Can’t believe people would be so selfish to use the excuse that Cummings did, who is putting their hands up to doing this? Disgraceful if you are, people know the difference between right and wrong and using school playground talk of well he did it so I am, honestly! Adults should know what the right thing to do is and not follow one man who they clearly knew was a fool just for their own selfish gain.

Teachers or 70% of them won’t get a pay rise as the publicised rise is only for new teachers to attract them as there are not enough teachers entering the profession as it is. Once you have 5 years experience there is no pay rise and in any case the rise comes out of existing budgets which are squeezed already so is likely to actually mean redundancies of experienced teachers to afford to pay new teachers - yes it really is that ludicrous. But hey it’s worked as people think teachers are getting a pay hike and reputation of the profession is in the toilet again. "

The profession is currently in the toilet due to the teachers union flexing its muscles and being as disruptive as it can. People pay huge hunks of their salary in tax to pay for things like health and education. Both of these things are being neglected at the moment, to the incredible detriment of those who are supposed to benefit from their service. Why shouldn’t they complain?

The Cummings incident certainly didn’t help- along with the very obvious fact that the government doesn’t know it’s arse from its elbow, and is making these “rules” up on the hoof.

Can’t believe people would be so selfish to use the excuse that Cummings did, who is putting their hands up to doing this? Disgraceful if you are, people know the difference between right and wrong and using school playground talk of well he did it so I am, honestly! Adults should know what the right thing to do is and not follow one man who they clearly knew was a fool just for their own selfish gain."

I don’t know if anyone did, tbh- I’m just offering a reasoning for people’s behaviour.

South

Teachers or 70% of them won’t get a pay rise as the publicised rise is only for new teachers to attract them as there are not enough teachers entering the profession as it is. Once you have 5 years experience there is no pay rise and in any case the rise comes out of existing budgets which are squeezed already so is likely to actually mean redundancies of experienced teachers to afford to pay new teachers - yes it really is that ludicrous. But hey it’s worked as people think teachers are getting a pay hike and reputation of the profession is in the toilet again.

The profession is currently in the toilet due to the teachers union flexing its muscles and being as disruptive as it can. People pay huge hunks of their salary in tax to pay for things like health and education. Both of these things are being neglected at the moment, to the incredible detriment of those who are supposed to benefit from their service. Why shouldn’t they complain? "

Nothing to do with the unions it’s due to the fact that teachers were offered less protection than any other profession outside of healthcare professions. No PPE no social distancing... recall of staff in vulnerable categories. Unions had full support of most teachers I know and had a strike been petitioned it would have happened. Totally agree teachers and NHS staff have been neglected for years and now they are really needed people are surprised that they demand safe working conditions.

Dudley

Bella

No it isn't. It's been stated several times that it's households mixing without social distancing that has caused the rises in cases in certain areas, that's why those restrictions have been put back into place in Manchester.

Thats part of the problem sure, but its difficult for the gov to admit that pubs are a big cause, as it would be so unpopular, not to mention the economic issues involved. It costs nothing to the economy to tell households not to mix, does it?

They will have to bite the bullet soon, and shut them. "

Or, it genuinely is households mixing without social distancing.

By *bi_AstrayTV/TS  over a year ago

Plymouth

"Blame the unions for that

Schools should be all year around with shorter days and a month off in summer"

Rubbish, my niece is at Malborough College and has been at home since the beginning of lockdown doing lessons at home, They still have to pay the 8K a term though, with a 15% discount. Certainly not open and certainly not losing placements.

Bella

Or, it genuinely is households mixing without social distancing. "

As i said, its that AND the pubs. In my area i have had to walk out of 2 places that had no interest in making the pub safe, they just wanted to cram as many in as possible, and i hear thats common everywhere. So, that combined with house parties and gatherings are causing the increase.

Dudley

Bella

As i said, its that AND the pubs. In my area i have had to walk out of 2 places that had no interest in making the pub safe, they just wanted to cram as many in as possible, and i hear thats common everywhere. So, that combined with house parties and gatherings are causing the increase."

There haven't been that many outbreaks linked to pubs, that's the thing, a few pubs have had to close and punters isolate but not many considering how many opened. There is no evidence that pubs have had anything to do with increased restrictions.

By *kstallionMan  over a year ago

milton keynes

From what I understand and what's been said on tv is it has become apparent that to keep the infection under some control we can't have everything open. As they want schools open something has to be shut to compensate and pubs have been mentioned. They have not said there is a link between pubs and schools but we need to have only one of them open. So it boils down which is more important and its no surprise they believe children's education is more important

Forum Mod

O o O oo

And why it was a random post.We have to agree to disagree on that one.

The post is about shutting pubs because of covid and not about calories Yes and I see other posts as well that is not about it as well but still important."

To be fair you talking about calories on a thread about the schools or pubs shutting because of covid is not important or relevant to the subject and your post was indeed very random.

You might get more answers about calories in beer if you started your own thread

The profession is currently in the toilet due to the teachers union flexing its muscles and being as disruptive as it can. People pay huge hunks of their salary in tax to pay for things like health and education. Both of these things are being neglected at the moment, to the incredible detriment of those who are supposed to benefit from their service. Why shouldn’t they complain?

Nothing to do with the unions it’s due to the fact that teachers were offered less protection than any other profession outside of healthcare professions. No PPE no social distancing... recall of staff in vulnerable categories. Unions had full support of most teachers I know and had a strike been petitioned it would have happened. Totally agree teachers and NHS staff have been neglected for years and now they are really needed people are surprised that they demand safe working conditions. "

There has been plenty of evidence to suggest that children are a lesser risk of either contracting, dying from, or spreading the virus. The fuss over PPE was nothing but chest beating by the union. And I think you deliberately misread my comment with regard to “neglect” - teachers and NHS staff have absolutely neglected many many people in this country that they are paid to help, support, educate and so on. Not all of them, of course- and many thanks to those who have been holding this leaky ship together by their very fingernails!!!

Bella

As i said, its that AND the pubs. In my area i have had to walk out of 2 places that had no interest in making the pub safe, they just wanted to cram as many in as possible, and i hear thats common everywhere. So, that combined with house parties and gatherings are causing the increase.

There haven't been that many outbreaks linked to pubs, that's the thing, a few pubs have had to close and punters isolate but not many considering how many opened. There is no evidence that pubs have had anything to do with increased restrictions. "

I would agree with this- I’ve been out a few times and I would say every place I have been has been bending over backwards to make sure their customers are “safe”-

It’s their business, for gods sake- they have everything to lose by facilitating an outbreak, but everything to gain by word of mouth saying- these are the new “rules”, it’s a safe place to visit. C

Bella

There haven't been that many outbreaks linked to pubs, that's the thing, a few pubs have had to close and punters isolate but not many considering how many opened. There is no evidence that pubs have had anything to do with increased restrictions.

I would agree with this- I’ve been out a few times and I would say every place I have been has been bending over backwards to make sure their customers are “safe”-

It’s their business, for gods sake- they have everything to lose by facilitating an outbreak, but everything to gain by word of mouth saying- these are the new “rules”, it’s a safe place to visit. C"

Agree to disagree i guess. Stay safe

South

Nothing to do with the unions it’s due to the fact that teachers were offered less protection than any other profession outside of healthcare professions. No PPE no social distancing... recall of staff in vulnerable categories. Unions had full support of most teachers I know and had a strike been petitioned it would have happened. Totally agree teachers and NHS staff have been neglected for years and now they are really needed people are surprised that they demand safe working conditions.

There has been plenty of evidence to suggest that children are a lesser risk of either contracting, dying from, or spreading the virus. The fuss over PPE was nothing but chest beating by the union. And I think you deliberately misread my comment with regard to “neglect” - teachers and NHS staff have absolutely neglected many many people in this country that they are paid to help, support, educate and so on. Not all of them, of course- and many thanks to those who have been holding this leaky ship together by their very fingernails!!!"

Wow!!! I could not disagree more passionately and tbh as a teacher is quite insulting. There is a vast difference between - no evidence of spread and evidence of no spread. Kids have been at home there is no data to assess. Today’s news of a kids camp in the USA totally disproves your viewpoint. Personally I think asking someone to be in close proximity with 30 children no ppe and no social distancing when people like you have such little respect for the profession proves my point.

Sadly it’s the ‘our liberty’ crowd, people need to take account of their own contribution to the issue.

It's been stated several times that it's households mixing without social distancing that are causing the spikes. That's why mixing households is not allowed in Manchester and surrounding areas. "

I’m afraid you’re wrong Keeley,

All activities add to the infection rate, households mixing and social activities such as the pub included. The easing of lockdown is a balancing act and we can only afford so much growth.

Manchester’s case is as clear as day, the spike in cases during the past week is from a few busy nightspots. We have temporary testing and teams contacting visitors to key pubs on the back of confirmed infections. In the centre of Manchester for example most focus is on Didsbury and it’s pubs.

Shutting back households mixing is an effort to take the edge of the numbers to avoid a sharp rise. It has nothing to do with households mixing being the cause. If truth be known it’s probably a decision based on maintaining the populations happiness to close off households mixing and leaving pubs open. There’s also probably the hope the new constraints will encourage better observation of the rules when we are out and socialising.

Bella

It’s their business, for gods sake- they have everything to lose by facilitating an outbreak, but everything to gain by word of mouth saying- these are the new “rules”, it’s a safe place to visit. C

Agree to disagree i guess. Stay safe"

You too

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

I don't quite understand the link between pubs needing to close in order for kids to return to schools?

Surely if the right measures are in place at schools then the infection rate will be pretty much unaffected?

As for pubs, surely all that's needed is for an area to have a regular police patrol to check on numbers etc?

I've been to a couple of pubs and a swingers club and haven't seen any real bad behaviour or irresponsibility in any.

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

They are going to be turning the pubs into extended schooling areas

There has been plenty of evidence to suggest that children are a lesser risk of either contracting, dying from, or spreading the virus. The fuss over PPE was nothing but chest beating by the union. And I think you deliberately misread my comment with regard to “neglect” - teachers and NHS staff have absolutely neglected many many people in this country that they are paid to help, support, educate and so on. Not all of them, of course- and many thanks to those who have been holding this leaky ship together by their very fingernails!!!

Wow!!! I could not disagree more passionately and tbh as a teacher is quite insulting. There is a vast difference between - no evidence of spread and evidence of no spread. Kids have been at home there is no data to assess. Today’s news of a kids camp in the USA totally disproves your viewpoint. Personally I think asking someone to be in close proximity with 30 children no ppe and no social distancing when people like you have such little respect for the profession proves my point. "

Actually I am also in education, and have been for the last fifteen years. Big surprise for you- people within the same profession are not of a hive mind! I actually prefer to look at statistics, rather than hysterical nonsense that puts our country’s health, wealth and education at risk.

South

"I don't quite understand the link between pubs needing to close in order for kids to return to schools?

Surely if the right measures are in place at schools then the infection rate will be pretty much unaffected?

As for pubs, surely all that's needed is for an area to have a regular police patrol to check on numbers etc?

I've been to a couple of pubs and a swingers club and haven't seen any real bad behaviour or irresponsibility in any. "

My understanding is that they need a ‘comfortable gap‘ between infection rates and the magic r1 for schools to open to get that gap then risky places need to close. Currently the riskiest place is pubs ... so for schools to be able to open pubs may have to close to reduce the infection rate enough to be able to cope with the inevitable rise when they open. ... I think.

You can’t close all the pubs they have only just been allowed to re-open. Poor people with these businesses as well. Boris doesn’t even care. It’s all getting beyond a joke now. What with the last min decision not to open beauty salons and and bowling etc.

They are going to be turning the pubs into extended schooling areas "

The “university of life” just got real!

london

"But that's what they have said all along, if the infections go up, they put the brakes on some things. I am not sure what is the best option but what would you want them to do?"

A good start wood to be Enforce the mask in shops policy.

In Tescos today lots of people not wearing masks.

If you do not have a valid reason and a medical note “ WEAR ONE “.

"I don't quite understand the link between pubs needing to close in order for kids to return to schools?

I've been to a couple of pubs and a swingers club and haven't seen any real bad behaviour or irresponsibility in any.

My understanding is that they need a ‘comfortable gap‘ between infection rates and the magic r1 for schools to open to get that gap then risky places need to close. Currently the riskiest place is pubs ... so for schools to be able to open pubs may have to close to reduce the infection rate enough to be able to cope with the inevitable rise when they open. ... I think. "

Why did they open up pubs first instead of schools then? As I said in an earlier post- making things up on the hoof. And this is why people just roll their eyes and ignore them.

They would buy the alcohol from a shop and drink it instead.

milton keynes

There has been plenty of evidence to suggest that children are a lesser risk of either contracting, dying from, or spreading the virus. The fuss over PPE was nothing but chest beating by the union. And I think you deliberately misread my comment with regard to “neglect” - teachers and NHS staff have absolutely neglected many many people in this country that they are paid to help, support, educate and so on. Not all of them, of course- and many thanks to those who have been holding this leaky ship together by their very fingernails!!!"

I have seen reports and statistics that children are far less likely to die or even be seriously I'll with covid but the same reports say they can contract it and spread it the same as everyone.

South

My understanding is that they need a ‘comfortable gap‘ between infection rates and the magic r1 for schools to open to get that gap then risky places need to close. Currently the riskiest place is pubs ... so for schools to be able to open pubs may have to close to reduce the infection rate enough to be able to cope with the inevitable rise when they open. ... I think.

Why did they open up pubs first instead of schools then? As I said in an earlier post- making things up on the hoof. And this is why people just roll their eyes and ignore them. "

Because puns bring in money ... every decision made is an economic one not a public health one. Reason they sent youngest kids back is because their parents are less likely to be able to work from home nothing to do with what’s best for the kids.

"But that's what they have said all along, if the infections go up, they put the brakes on some things. I am not sure what is the best option but what would you want them to do?

If you do not have a valid reason and a medical note “ WEAR ONE “."

I don’t mean to be rude, but looking at your profile pics, you seem to like being told what to do- not all of us have the same kink

Why did they open up pubs first instead of schools then? As I said in an earlier post- making things up on the hoof. And this is why people just roll their eyes and ignore them.

Because puns bring in money ... every decision made is an economic one not a public health one. Reason they sent youngest kids back is because their parents are less likely to be able to work from home nothing to do with what’s best for the kids. "

Well exactly! That’s what I was trying to point out.

Dudley

It's been stated several times that it's households mixing without social distancing that are causing the spikes. That's why mixing households is not allowed in Manchester and surrounding areas.

All activities add to the infection rate, households mixing and social activities such as the pub included. The easing of lockdown is a balancing act and we can only afford so much growth.

Manchester’s case is as clear as day, the spike in cases during the past week is from a few busy nightspots. We have temporary testing and teams contacting visitors to key pubs on the back of confirmed infections. In the centre of Manchester for example most focus is on Didsbury and it’s pubs.

Shutting back households mixing is an effort to take the edge of the numbers to avoid a sharp rise. It has nothing to do with households mixing being the cause. If truth be known it’s probably a decision based on maintaining the populations happiness to close off households mixing and leaving pubs open. There’s also probably the hope the new constraints will encourage better observation of the rules when we are out and socialising. "

Regardless of what you think of Matt Hancock, this is what was said

Health Secretary Matt Hancock told BBC Breakfast the government had taken "targeted" action based on information gathered from contact tracing, which he said showed that "most of the transmission is happening between households visiting each other, and people visiting relatives and friends".

Dudley

"But that's what they have said all along, if the infections go up, they put the brakes on some things. I am not sure what is the best option but what would you want them to do?

I don’t mean to be rude, but looking at your profile pics, you seem to like being told what to do- not all of us have the same kink "

Unnecessary. Totally.

milton keynes

Why did they open up pubs first instead of schools then? As I said in an earlier post- making things up on the hoof. And this is why people just roll their eyes and ignore them. "

Schools started first as far as I remember but stand to be corrected. It was a phased opening with certain years groups first. Full schooling in September I believe if all goes ok.

london

I don’t mean to be rude, but looking at your profile pics, you seem to like being told what to do- not all of us have the same kink "

Touche but in the right situation

I don’t mean to be rude, but looking at your profile pics, you seem to like being told what to do- not all of us have the same kink

Unnecessary. Totally. "

Oh come on, I was gently teasing. Apologies to the OP if it didn’t come across that way though - no offence meant.

Dudley

Unnecessary. Totally.

Oh come on, I was gently teasing. Apologies to the OP if it didn’t come across that way though - no offence meant. "

Apologies, I thought you were just having a dig.

"The fuss over PPE was nothing but chest beating by the union. And I think you deliberately misread my comment with regard to “neglect” - teachers and NHS staff have absolutely neglected many many people in this country that they are paid to help, support, educate and so on. Not all of them, of course- and many thanks to those who have been holding this leaky ship together by their very fingernails!!!"

Our Trust admitted our 6th member of staff 2 weeks ago, we have also had 44% of staff infected during this pandemic compared to even the most optimistic national rates this is high.

PPE is fundamental, it’s actually the centre point of my job and I can promise you for fact when it’s inadequate people drop like flys. Most of our teams casualties happened in the early days when supplies where short.

If your “union chest beating” refers to teachers unions it’s still a ridiculous statement, with numbers involved and the potential for spread its vital for educators to have the right levels of protection for both themselves but also the student population and their attached families.

As for NHS staff neglecting the general public and not fulfilling their roles/duty... with all due respect you have no fucking idea. My team for a long period of time had specialists from suspended services covering the holes in our deprecated team, all of them where ridiculously brave, committed and caring. Many had the ability to sign off work due to their “at risk status”, they not only stayed, worked ridiculous overtime, they also did it in the highest risk environments you can find for covid-19.

Unnecessary. Totally.

Oh come on, I was gently teasing. Apologies to the OP if it didn’t come across that way though - no offence meant.

Apologies, I thought you were just having a dig. "

Nope - I put smilies and everything should probably save my sense of humour for less serious threads, to be fair

Shutting back households mixing is an effort to take the edge of the numbers to avoid a sharp rise. It has nothing to do with households mixing being the cause. If truth be known it’s probably a decision based on maintaining the populations happiness to close off households mixing and leaving pubs open. There’s also probably the hope the new constraints will encourage better observation of the rules when we are out and socialising.

Health Secretary Matt Hancock told BBC Breakfast the government had taken "targeted" action based on information gathered from contact tracing, which he said showed that "most of the transmission is happening between households visiting each other, and people visiting relatives and friends"."

And what is the source Keeley... pub goers return to homes and families. Read up on the Manchester press, listen to our mayor and politicians... the spikes have come from our nightlife and then spread to households.

When it comes to Manchester perhaps listen to Andy Burnham... I suspect Matt Hancocks idea of “the north” is Watford Gap service station.

Dudley

Health Secretary Matt Hancock told BBC Breakfast the government had taken "targeted" action based on information gathered from contact tracing, which he said showed that "most of the transmission is happening between households visiting each other, and people visiting relatives and friends".

And what is the source Keeley... pub goers return to homes and families. Read up on the Manchester press, listen to our mayor and politicians... the spikes have come from our nightlife and then spread to households.

When it comes to Manchester perhaps listen to Andy Burnham... I suspect Matt Hancocks idea of “the north” is Watford Gap service station. "

I'll end this here, you have no intention of seeing that the reason households gathering has been restricted again is because that is where the bigger outbreaks are being traced to.

"The fuss over PPE was nothing but chest beating by the union. And I think you deliberately misread my comment with regard to “neglect” - teachers and NHS staff have absolutely neglected many many people in this country that they are paid to help, support, educate and so on. Not all of them, of course- and many thanks to those who have been holding this leaky ship together by their very fingernails!!!

Our Trust admitted our 6th member of staff 2 weeks ago, we have also had 44% of staff infected during this pandemic compared to even the most optimistic national rates this is high.

PPE is fundamental, it’s actually the centre point of my job and I can promise you for fact when it’s inadequate people drop like flys. Most of our teams casualties happened in the early days when supplies where short.

If your “union chest beating” refers to teachers unions it’s still a ridiculous statement, with numbers involved and the potential for spread its vital for educators to have the right levels of protection for both themselves but also the student population and their attached families.

As for NHS staff neglecting the general public and not fulfilling their roles/duty... with all due respect you have no fucking idea. My team for a long period of time had specialists from suspended services covering the holes in our deprecated team, all of them where ridiculously brave, committed and caring. Many had the ability to sign off work due to their “at risk status”, they not only stayed, worked ridiculous overtime, they also did it in the highest risk environments you can find for covid-19.

"

Oooookay. Well I don’t know you or your trust, or even who your trust is! So can’t argue with the above in any particularly conclusive way, either way. I have not argued that PPE for frontline staff isn’t essential, so take your straw man and burn it somewhere else. I have and will continue to argue that PPE is not essential for teachers working with children.

As for the NHS- my own personal experience of accessing the NHS during this Covid period has been absolutely shocking. I had horrendous pain in my hip- I repeatedly contacted my gp - I was literally crying in pain and unable to walk. I got a TEXT in the end, after repeated phone calls, when I was out of my mind in pain. The text said to go to the pharmacy and get painkillers. I went private in the end. I had a slipped disc.

On top of that, my son is autistic and epileptic, so got an automatic “do not resuscitate” order on his medical records, without parental permission. Because of the COVID-19 .

You want me to support that????

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

On the central point of the thread if it's a case of restrictions back in for some activities to try and get the numbers down so schools can open then it's a no brainer..

london

Schools or pubs, THE SCORE BOARD SAIS ?

"On the central point of the thread if it's a case of restrictions back in for some activities to try and get the numbers down so schools can open then it's a no brainer..

"

My heart says yes, but my head says no- just because of the political implication of allowing the government telling us what we can do, where we can do it and when. But if I was asked- 100% the children go back to school!!!!

"Schools or pubs, THE SCORE BOARD SAIS ?"

Easy answer! Boarding school for the kids and all inclusive piss ups for the adults!

"I'll end this here, you have no intention of seeing that the reason households gathering has been restricted again is because that is where the bigger outbreaks are being traced to. "

I see the reason households are targeted... 20 people get inflected whilst in a pub and go home to 20 households and that becomes say 60 infections if we take an average household of 3.

You post as if households are the blame... they aren’t, it’s clearly documented Manchester’s current cases are in the younger age brackets.

Even Hancocks statement says the issue is “households mixing”, that doesn’t mean at each other’s house, within or new restrictions we aren’t allowed to mix outside of our own household at pubs and restaurants. He’s backing up exactly what Andy Burnham has said over a lack of regard for social distancing in these social situations.

This^^^

"Schools or pubs, THE SCORE BOARD SAIS ?

Easy answer! Boarding school for the kids and all inclusive piss ups for the adults! "

Sounds good

london

Easy answer! Boarding school for the kids and all inclusive piss ups for the adults! "

PMLS, apologies Mistress

It shows that a quick lockdown doesnt work, it have to be a stricter one

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

Whilst we feel sorry for the businesses (T is self employed), the kids need to be back at school. They are our future. They are being neglected. The care system (children & elderly/disabled) is at breaking point & families can’t cope. If you need to drink that badly go to the supermarket. Or AA. Oh, but they can’t have meetings can they?

J x

Easy answer! Boarding school for the kids and all inclusive piss ups for the adults!

PMLS, apologies Mistress "

Naughty boy!!!!

"Whilst we feel sorry for the businesses (T is self employed), the kids need to be back at school. They are our future. They are being neglected. The care system (children & elderly/disabled) is at breaking point & families can’t cope. If you need to drink that badly go to the supermarket. Or AA. Oh, but they can’t have meetings can they?

J x"

The problem here is that a healthy economy pays for the health services of those less able to make a contribution. If you trash the economy, people are less able to make a contribution and it becomes each man for himself. That’s when society starts to collapse. It’s a very hard fact- without economic wealth, the nations health declines.

Pubs opened because the government were losing a fortune in taxes on alcohol, it was all about the money. Some people think the government actually care about us, they care about the bottom line.

"Whilst we feel sorry for the businesses (T is self employed), the kids need to be back at school. They are our future. They are being neglected. The care system (children & elderly/disabled) is at breaking point & families can’t cope. If you need to drink that badly go to the supermarket. Or AA. Oh, but they can’t have meetings can they?

J x

The problem here is that a healthy economy pays for the health services of those less able to make a contribution. If you trash the economy, people are less able to make a contribution and it becomes each man for himself. That’s when society starts to collapse. It’s a very hard fact- without economic wealth, the nations health declines."

"As for the NHS- my own personal experience of accessing the NHS during this Covid period has been absolutely shocking. I had horrendous pain in my hip- I repeatedly contacted my gp - I was literally crying in pain and unable to walk. I got a TEXT in the end, after repeated phone calls, when I was out of my mind in pain. The text said to go to the pharmacy and get painkillers. I went private in the end. I had a slipped disc.

On top of that, my son is autistic and epileptic, so got an automatic “do not resuscitate” order on his medical records, without parental permission. Because of the COVID-19 .

You want me to support that????"

To point out the obvious, why didn’t you ring 111, if it was really serve ring an ambulance or even better get yourself to your local ED. Pain at a level where you can’t walk is obviously an emergency. There has been enough provision for months to deal with chronic sciatica caused by a prolapsed disc or whatever your issue was. I don’t know if you needed steroid injections or indeed surgery but every ED has had the staff, resources and surgical provision to help.

Your GP wasn’t at fault, they are doing the best with their imposed restrictions, messaging was clear ED’s are open and should still be used in the event of any serious injury, pain or illness.

As for your DNR, in the event your son ended up in ICU with our team we would not even dream of not attempting to revive him, In the event where we lost a battle to save him as a parent you’d be there holding his hand even though guidelines suggests in this age you shouldn’t be. You would be as involved as ever in an end of life scenario and your parental rights would be respected without doubt. We operate under the same guidelines as every other Trust in England.

How are you even aware your son has a DNR order on his records out of interest? We’ve had huge numbers of patients with comparable backgrounds, none have DNR orders. In fact I know of only 6 people in our care who did have them. All where extremely old and the orders where in total agreement with their families. I think you should be able to have the order removed without much issue as it seems inappropriate if it is in place from my perspective.

And I’m part of Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust, we cover most of the central hospitals in Manchester.

North West

Charli, even before Covid, the A&E at Salford didn't take disc prolapse, query cauda equina seriously, so.......

By *esires of HertsCouple  over a year ago

Herts and London Borders

A lack of social distancing going on in pubs and many pubs not insisting on obtaining contact details going on...after all the complaining they did to reopen sounds like a lot not filling the rules

"Charli, even before Covid, the A&E at Salford didn't take disc prolapse, query cauda equina seriously, so....... "

Salford royal would transfer to MRI, they have the spinal surgeons... nothing has changed despite Covid.

By *somemoresomeCouple  over a year ago

south east

Well let’s hope Boris engages brain for once and thinks this though and the damage it will cause. He was just shutting things down temporarily in certain areas. But now seems to be suggesting places close across the whole of the uk. This seems wrong when most areas are having low infection rates why make everyone suffer! "

Don’t worry about the nations health and the nhs? Keep pubs open?

Are you d*unk? Xx

By *ReakingBEdCouple  over a year ago

boston

. Yep screw the kids long as you got your pubs ffs

"As for the NHS- my own personal experience of accessing the NHS during this Covid period has been absolutely shocking. I had horrendous pain in my hip- I repeatedly contacted my gp - I was literally crying in pain and unable to walk. I got a TEXT in the end, after repeated phone calls, when I was out of my mind in pain. The text said to go to the pharmacy and get painkillers. I went private in the end. I had a slipped disc.

You want me to support that????

To point out the obvious, why didn’t you ring 111, if it was really serve ring an ambulance or even better get yourself to your local ED. Pain at a level where you can’t walk is obviously an emergency. There has been enough provision for months to deal with chronic sciatica caused by a prolapsed disc or whatever your issue was. I don’t know if you needed steroid injections or indeed surgery but every ED has had the staff, resources and surgical provision to help.

Your GP wasn’t at fault, they are doing the best with their imposed restrictions, messaging was clear ED’s are open and should still be used in the event of any serious injury, pain or illness.

As for your DNR, in the event your son ended up in ICU with our team we would not even dream of not attempting to revive him, In the event where we lost a battle to save him as a parent you’d be there holding his hand even though guidelines suggests in this age you shouldn’t be. You would be as involved as ever in an end of life scenario and your parental rights would be respected without doubt. We operate under the same guidelines as every other Trust in England.

How are you even aware your son has a DNR order on his records out of interest? We’ve had huge numbers of patients with comparable backgrounds, none have DNR orders. In fact I know of only 6 people in our care who did have them. All where extremely old and the orders where in total agreement with their families. I think you should be able to have the order removed without much issue as it seems inappropriate if it is in place from my perspective.

And I’m part of Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust, we cover most of the central hospitals in Manchester. "

Thank you for your reply. I didn’t go to A&E because the message at the time was- protect the NHS. I didn’t know what was wrong with me, so how could I know how serious it was? I knew I was incredible pain, I also knew my GP was ignoring me.I kept phoning the GP and got fobbed off every time. I don’t think it’s fair to blame the patient.

As for the DNR order- my son got sent a shielding letter. I phoned the GP to find out why, because he is otherwise a very healthy 14 year old boy. The reason he should shield, which the surgery was EXTREMELY reluctant to tell me, was that- if he gets admitted he has an automatic DNR on his records. I found out because I made a massive fuss about sheilding an other wise healthy 14 year old boy.

"Charli, even before Covid, the A&E at Salford didn't take disc prolapse, query cauda equina seriously, so.......

Salford royal would transfer to MRI, they have the spinal surgeons... nothing has changed despite Covid. "

The point is- they wouldn’t even speak to me on the phone.

North West

[Removed by poster at 01/08/20 19:55:13]

North West

"Charli, even before Covid, the A&E at Salford didn't take disc prolapse, query cauda equina seriously, so.......

Salford royal would transfer to MRI, they have the spinal surgeons... nothing has changed despite Covid. "

Salford has spinal surgeons. I've seen three of them. I have an extensive history at that establishment and a reluctance to believe a pregnant woman could have anything other than pelvic girdle dysfunction has left me using a wheelchair. The NHS is great in many ways, but it's also utterly fucking shite in other ways. All this is pre Covid by the way.

Salford royal would transfer to MRI, they have the spinal surgeons... nothing has changed despite Covid.

Salford has spinal surgeons. I've seen three of them. I have an extensive history at that establishment and a reluctance to believe a pregnant woman could have anything other than pelvic girdle dysfunction has left me using a wheelchair. The NHS is great in many ways, but it's also utterly fucking shite in other ways. All this is pre Covid by the way."

True story.

How do the government expect them who work in pubs etc to feed n clothe their kids and to make sure they ain't gonna be homeless?

"Thank you for your reply. I didn’t go to A&E because the message at the time was- protect the NHS. I didn’t know what was wrong with me, so how could I know how serious it was? I knew I was incredible pain, I also knew my GP was ignoring me.I kept phoning the GP and got fobbed off every time. I don’t think it’s fair to blame the patient.

As for the DNR order- my son got sent a shielding letter. I phoned the GP to find out why, because he is otherwise a very healthy 14 year old boy. The reason he should shield, which the surgery was EXTREMELY reluctant to tell me, was that- if he gets admitted he has an automatic DNR on his records. I found out because I made a massive fuss about sheilding an other wise healthy 14 year old boy. "

The messaging has always been ED’s are open and should be used, this was said very loudly when attendances where lacking in the first weeks. You where in incredible pain and couldn’t walk, to me that screams get to a hospital. Most ED staff I known where sat down praying for a hurty thumb or anything To walk through the doors, you would have found immediate attention through them.

“if he gets admitted he has an automatic DNR on his records.” That suggests it’s the mechanism and not an entry on his records, you should request to view them and challenge any entry. At no stage of this pandemic would he have been classed as DNR with us. If you are accurate in what you’ve said I believe what you’ve been told is utterly misleading.

By *areback communityMan  over a year ago

Liverpool (mainly) Leicester bham and London

I don't beleive anyone could state its because of the pubs reopening could it not be related to the mass gatherings of people for things, events and festivals such as BLM protests (thinking Leicester and london) Liverpool winning the league (Toxteth area I'm Liverpool is going wild) the heat wave and mass gatherings on the coastal towns (Bournemouth Brighton Southampton Crosby Formby etc where its steadily creeping up ) and I mean this in absolutely No, discriminating way in line with the Ramadan as its Luton large areas of Yorkshire and Lancashire northern Manchester where Islam is one of the main religions.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

They should published a more comprehensive plan, that wasn't just 1 directional and that had more than 1 trajectory and measures of support for the country, its people and businesses.

Initially they just belatedly imposed a form of lockdown, without any plan for what was to be done other than that. We've had bits of news in soundbites and on twitter, often at the 11th hour.

I think much of the population started to get blinded to the point, after the initial save the NHS slogan was replaced by something else, pressing them to stay alert, whilst they stayed home and Cummings drove hundreds of miles around Easter time, the he

We could have had school children back long ago but we hadn't a clue how to do it inclusively. People are disenfranchised to a great extent now and large scale restrictions on them will not be greeted with open tolerance.

Those in power are now seemingly trying to frighten and intimidate people, which is never the best way to build support and trust.

london

PMLS, apologies Mistress

Naughty boy!!!!"

Salford has spinal surgeons. I've seen three of them. I have an extensive history at that establishment and a reluctance to believe a pregnant woman could have anything other than pelvic girdle dysfunction has left me using a wheelchair. The NHS is great in many ways, but it's also utterly fucking shite in other ways. All this is pre Covid by the way."

My knowledge of Salford is limited but I was simply commenting that the provision for spinal surgery at MRI remained open for the region. And of course the NHS has had huge problems for decades in various services, funding cuts, staff shortages etc... I would never argue against that.

By *ookMan  over a year ago

london

If it gets the children back to school ... close everything.... just get them back to school... soon... please....