FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Aberdeen in new lockdown

Aberdeen in new lockdown

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just heard it on the car radio.

All pubs and indoor events to shut at 5.00pm.

Travel restricted to 5 miles

Link

https://www.scotsman.com/health/coronavirus/aberdeen-local-lockdown-new-restrictions-explained-nicola-sturgeon-warns-significant-outbreak-coronavirus-2933687

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

How is it any kind of lockdown if pubs are open at all?

It’s mental.

"How is it any kind of lockdown if pubs are open at all?

It’s mental. "

They close at 5pm today and will be closed for at least a week ..when it will be reviewed.

It was all in the link I put up.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

That makes sense with that many cases centered around one city pub

Its a fine balancing act now

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Post from NHS Grampian

*Please note this is an update specific to the cluster investigation*

5 August 2020

We can confirm the number of cases detected in the Aberdeen COVID-19 cluster now stands at 54.

We have, to date, identified 191 close contacts. Investigations are ongoing and we cannot rule out detecting further cases and therefore more close contacts.

Dr Emmanuel Okpo, Consultant in Public Health Medicine, said: “I know people in the city will be concerned by this news. I want to stress that our health protection and Test & Protect teams are working extremely hard to speak to all the detected cases and identify their close contacts. We will be in contact with everyone.

“Right now, we need everyone to be vigilant. This incident highlights COVID-19 is still with us. I cannot stress enough that people should ONLY arrange a test, via the NHS Inform website (or the staff testing scheme if you work in health & social care), if they have the recognised symptoms. These are a fever, a new continuous cough, and/or a loss of your sense of taste or smell.

“If you are identified as a close contact of a detected case you will have to self-isolate for 14 days. Please do not seek a test if you do not have symptoms; getting tested and receiving a ‘not detected’ result will not remove the requirement to self isolate.”

We are aware that a number of detected cases linked to this cluster have visited other venues across Aberdeen and as of 12 noon today, these venues are as follows:

1. Bieldside Inn

2. Bobbin

3. Brewdog Castlegate

4. Buckie Farm Carvery

5. Café Andaluz

6. Café Dag

7. Café Drummond

8. Cock & Bull (The)

9. College Bar

10. Dutch Mill (The)

11. Dyce Carvery

12. East End Social Club

13. Ferryhill House Hotel

14. Hawthorn/Adam Lounge

15. Howff (The)

16. Justice Mill (The)

17. Marine Hotel (The)

18. McGintys’s

19. McNastys

20. Malmaison

21. Moonfish Café

22. No.10 Bar

23. O'Donoghues

24. Old Bank Bar

25. Prohibition

26. Soul

27. Spiders Web

28. The Draft Project

There were also four leisure settings named - Aboyne Golf Club; Deeside Golf Club; Hazelhead Golf Club; Banks O'Dee Football Club.

Everyone in Grampian is encouraged to remember the FACTS guidance:

F – Face coverings. These should be used in shops and on public transport (buses, trains and taxis)

A – Avoid crowded places.

C – Clean your hands frequently, using water & soap whenever possible.

T – Two metres – observe physical distancing.

S – Self-isolate and book a test if you are suffering from COVID-19 symptoms.

"That makes sense with that many cases centered around one city pub

Its a fine balancing act now"

Aye she seems to have a good handle of it...never been a big lover of her.

But I'd swap her for boris

"Post from NHS Grampian

5 August 2020

We can confirm the number of cases detected in the Aberdeen COVID-19 cluster now stands at 54.

We have, to date, identified 191 close contacts. Investigations are ongoing and we cannot rule out detecting further cases and therefore more close contacts.

Dr Emmanuel Okpo, Consultant in Public Health Medicine, said: “I know people in the city will be concerned by this news. I want to stress that our health protection and Test & Protect teams are working extremely hard to speak to all the detected cases and identify their close contacts. We will be in contact with everyone.

“Right now, we need everyone to be vigilant. This incident highlights COVID-19 is still with us. I cannot stress enough that people should ONLY arrange a test, via the NHS Inform website (or the staff testing scheme if you work in health & social care), if they have the recognised symptoms. These are a fever, a new continuous cough, and/or a loss of your sense of taste or smell.

“If you are identified as a close contact of a detected case you will have to self-isolate for 14 days. Please do not seek a test if you do not have symptoms; getting tested and receiving a ‘not detected’ result will not remove the requirement to self isolate.”

We are aware that a number of detected cases linked to this cluster have visited other venues across Aberdeen and as of 12 noon today, these venues are as follows:

1. Bieldside Inn

2. Bobbin

3. Brewdog Castlegate

4. Buckie Farm Carvery

5. Café Andaluz

6. Café Dag

7. Café Drummond

8. Cock & Bull (The)

9. College Bar

10. Dutch Mill (The)

11. Dyce Carvery

12. East End Social Club

14. Hawthorn/Adam Lounge

15. Howff (The)

16. Justice Mill (The)

17. Marine Hotel (The)

18. McGintys’s

19. McNastys

20. Malmaison

21. Moonfish Café

22. No.10 Bar

23. O'Donoghues

24. Old Bank Bar

25. Prohibition

26. Soul

27. Spiders Web

28. The Draft Project

There were also four leisure settings named - Aboyne Golf Club; Deeside Golf Club; Hazelhead Golf Club; Banks O'Dee Football Club.

F – Face coverings. These should be used in shops and on public transport (buses, trains and taxis)

S – Self-isolate and book a test if you are suffering from COVID-19 symptoms."

I hope foxy hasn't been in any of them

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hold on. What's the survival rate? 99.97% right?

Youre more likely to be hit by a bus

By *rivatepitMan  over a year ago

Battle

"Hold on. What's the survival rate? 99.97% right?

Youre more likely to be hit by a bus"

That's true in part because there are rules which tell you not to walk in front of buses, or to lie down under their wheels. If you don't follow those simple rules the survival rate is pretty low.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

Top bit may be true but you are a lot lot less likely to die being hit by a bus. Total road deaths in the uk is around 1800 in a year.

So do you think they have just shut a big city down for bugger all?

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"Post from NHS Grampian

5 August 2020

1. Bieldside Inn

2. Bobbin

3. Brewdog Castlegate

4. Buckie Farm Carvery

5. Café Andaluz

6. Café Dag

7. Café Drummond

8. Cock & Bull (The)

9. College Bar

10. Dutch Mill (The)

11. Dyce Carvery

12. East End Social Club

14. Hawthorn/Adam Lounge

15. Howff (The)

16. Justice Mill (The)

17. Marine Hotel (The)

18. McGintys’s

19. McNastys

20. Malmaison

21. Moonfish Café

22. No.10 Bar

23. O'Donoghues

24. Old Bank Bar

25. Prohibition

26. Soul

27. Spiders Web

28. The Draft Project

I hope foxy hasn't been in any of them "

No! I've been good and remained a hermit! Thank god I had my hair cut last week, as I wont be going anywhere near the city centre after this load of shit!

Schools are meant to be back next week, so I agree with the lockdown! Though I think the decision was initially made by NHS Grampian.

"Post from NHS Grampian

5 August 2020

1. Bieldside Inn

2. Bobbin

3. Brewdog Castlegate

4. Buckie Farm Carvery

5. Café Andaluz

6. Café Dag

7. Café Drummond

8. Cock & Bull (The)

9. College Bar

10. Dutch Mill (The)

11. Dyce Carvery

12. East End Social Club

14. Hawthorn/Adam Lounge

15. Howff (The)

16. Justice Mill (The)

17. Marine Hotel (The)

18. McGintys’s

19. McNastys

20. Malmaison

21. Moonfish Café

22. No.10 Bar

23. O'Donoghues

24. Old Bank Bar

25. Prohibition

26. Soul

27. Spiders Web

28. The Draft Project

No! I've been good and remained a hermit! Thank god I had my hair cut last week, as I wont be going anywhere near the city centre after this load of shit!

Schools are meant to be back next week, so I agree with the lockdown! Though I think the decision was initially made by NHS Grampian."

Goid to hear...stay safe x

Scotland - Aberdeen

"Post from NHS Grampian

5 August 2020

1. Bieldside Inn

2. Bobbin

3. Brewdog Castlegate

4. Buckie Farm Carvery

5. Café Andaluz

6. Café Dag

7. Café Drummond

8. Cock & Bull (The)

9. College Bar

10. Dutch Mill (The)

11. Dyce Carvery

12. East End Social Club

14. Hawthorn/Adam Lounge

15. Howff (The)

16. Justice Mill (The)

17. Marine Hotel (The)

18. McGintys’s

19. McNastys

20. Malmaison

21. Moonfish Café

22. No.10 Bar

23. O'Donoghues

24. Old Bank Bar

25. Prohibition

26. Soul

27. Spiders Web

28. The Draft Project

Schools are meant to be back next week, so I agree with the lockdown! Though I think the decision was initially made by NHS Grampian.

Good to hear...stay safe x "

Unfortunately 'The Bobbin' is a student bar just down the road from me, so I am definitely a bit concerned with the students coming back and thinking they are invincible, as I have a 600 bedroom student accommodation right next door too me, so it will curtail my movements just now

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

I have to say very impressed with Sturgeon we should be as strict

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

"I have to say very impressed with Sturgeon we should be as strict"

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

"I have to say very impressed with Sturgeon we should be as strict"

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

What action do you think should be taken?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'd prefer to be subject to the management of the problem in Scotland, than here in England.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"I'd prefer to be subject to the management of the problem in Scotland, than here in England. "

By *cots tottyMan  over a year ago

aberdeen

Seems as though Nicola is more popular in England than in scotland all mouth no action she speaks a good game

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The virus causes much longer term issues than deaths within days or weeks. We don't even know if the problems people get today, many of them permanent, could play a part in cutting short their lives in future. Whilst you quote a %, that's potentially just the immediate death rate.

The virus leaves people with damaged organs and other issues, including heart and brain damage, from mild covid-19 attacks. These are life changing problems.

We have to look at the bigger picture with this virus. There is much that we still do not know.

Scotland - Aberdeen

"Seems as though Nicola is more popular in England than in Scotland all mouth no action she speaks a good game "

Exactly!

All she had done is mirrored the UK Governments actions just 2 weeks later, and even today her lockdowm of Aberdeen has come from NHS Grampian! Not really her decision, as far as I am concerned she is currently enjoying the powers that has been given to her, lets not forget all the money has been given by the UK Government not the Scottish purse as others would love to believe, as they think we have all this hidden treasure that would sustain us all, it's total bullshit of course and don't even get me going about the school systems up here, it is diabolical and a total let down for our kids!

By *eep.Man  over a year ago

Just a background character

"Seems as though Nicola is more popular in England than in Scotland all mouth no action she speaks a good game

Exactly!

All she had done is mirrored the UK Governments actions just 2 weeks later, and even today her lockdowm of Aberdeen has come from NHS Grampian! Not really her decision, as far as I am concerned she is currently enjoying the powers that has been given to her, lets not forget all the money has been given by the UK Government not the Scottish purse as others would love to believe, as they think we have all this hidden treasure that would sustain us all, it's total bullshit of course and don't even get me going about the school systems up here, it is diabolical and a total let down for our kids! "

Can't really agree with this, we had a stricter lockdown and masks I'm sure were a requirement up here for a good couple of weeks before England.

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

I'm impressed at the detailed list of venues that they've produced.

Not seen anything like that for England.

Scotland - Aberdeen

"Seems as though Nicola is more popular in England than in Scotland all mouth no action she speaks a good game

Exactly!

All she had done is mirrored the UK Governments actions just 2 weeks later, and even today her lockdowm of Aberdeen has come from NHS Grampian! Not really her decision, as far as I am concerned she is currently enjoying the powers that has been given to her, lets not forget all the money has been given by the UK Government not the Scottish purse as others would love to believe, as they think we have all this hidden treasure that would sustain us all, it's total bullshit of course and don't even get me going about the school systems up here, it is diabolical and a total let down for our kids!

Can't really agree with this, we had a stricter lockdown and masks I'm sure were a requirement up here for a good couple of weeks before England."

So, tell me, how can a 9 year old be classed as 2 years behind his expected education than what is expected? In especially maths and english? And now we have the debacle of kids getting lower grades than were expected because of where they live? Our kids have been a low priority for years! They have been greatly let down by the system and the SNP and other think they are doing great, it truly baffles me

"I'm impressed at the detailed list of venues that they've produced.

Not seen anything like that for England."

Me too as in England it would be down to the pub landlady to do that...well done to the Scottish NHS

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

But I'd swap her for boris "

As this is a swinging site.. Just had an image of Boris and nicola as swapping partners... Had a little bit of sick stuck in my throat

Tin town

That's a good piece of info... Do you have a link to its source?

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

As this is a swinging site.. Just had an image of Boris and nicola as swapping partners... Had a little bit of sick stuck in my throat"

whose dick would you prefer to suck his or hers.

Tin town

As this is a swinging site.. Just had an image of Boris and nicola as swapping partners... Had a little bit of sick stuck in my throat whose dick would you prefer to suck his or hers. "

Hers is a lot bigger that's for sure.... Or maybe it's just her balls that are bigger.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"

Nope, just another fabstistic

Nope, just another fabstistic"

To be found by the same poster on numerous threads

By *otmale5Man  over a year ago

glasgow

I feel totally sorry for all those individuals out there who have tried so hard to accommodate the safety rules and stay safe , not just for themselves but fir their families , friends and the community as a whole.. Who have been placed back in in lockdown by the inconsiderate and disgraceful actions of others out there who don’t care ..

where are the police ? Why aren’t the licensed premises beIng robustly visited ? Any person not adhering to the social distancing rules should be fined on the spot . Any Licensed premises found not to be adhering to the rules should be closed . Let’s stop playing games and tackle the issues head on .

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

"I feel totally sorry for all those individuals out there who have tried so hard to accommodate the safety rules and stay safe , not just for themselves but fir their families , friends and the community as a whole.. Who have been placed back in in lockdown by the inconsiderate and disgraceful actions of others out there who don’t care ..

where are the police ? Why aren’t the licensed premises beIng robustly visited ? Any person not adhering to the social distancing rules should be fined on the spot . Any Licensed premises found not to be adhering to the rules should be closed . Let’s stop playing games and tackle the issues head on . "

Yes, this approach worked so well in the Soviet Union, it went down a storm.

Scotland - Aberdeen

"I feel totally sorry for all those individuals out there who have tried so hard to accommodate the safety rules and stay safe , not just for themselves but fir their families , friends and the community as a whole.. Who have been placed back in in lockdown by the inconsiderate and disgraceful actions of others out there who don’t care ..

where are the police ? Why aren’t the licensed premises beIng robustly visited ? Any person not adhering to the social distancing rules should be fined on the spot . Any Licensed premises found not to be adhering to the rules should be closed . Let’s stop playing games and tackle the issues head on . "

I agree! I've done everything right, I've put no one at risk and now I feel I'm back to square one, being alone is hard, then add in working alone from home and it's harder still!

Now I have no idea who in my block visited pubs and put us at risk by handling bannisters etc, this thing is no joke.

Scotland - Aberdeen

"Post from NHS Grampian

5 August 2020

1. Bieldside Inn

2. Bobbin

3. Brewdog Castlegate

4. Buckie Farm Carvery

5. Café Andaluz

6. Café Dag

7. Café Drummond

8. Cock & Bull (The)

9. College Bar

10. Dutch Mill (The)

11. Dyce Carvery

12. East End Social Club

14. Hawthorn/Adam Lounge

15. Howff (The)

16. Justice Mill (The)

17. Marine Hotel (The)

18. McGintys’s

19. McNastys

20. Malmaison

21. Moonfish Café

22. No.10 Bar

23. O'Donoghues

24. Old Bank Bar

25. Prohibition

26. Soul

27. Spiders Web

28. The Draft Project

Good to hear...stay safe x

Unfortunately 'The Bobbin' is a student bar just down the road from me, so I am definitely a bit concerned with the students coming back and thinking they are invincible, as I have a 600 bedroom student accommodation right next door too me, so it will curtail my movements just now "

And now I hear about the debacle of the Aberdeen Football players breaking rules and visiting the Soul Bar again going against all the rules and the SFA, but Pittodrie F*cking football stadium is also on my F'ing Road!

I know I am starting to sound paranoid (which really isn't like me) but everything around me just now is too close for comfort.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

And now I hear about the debacle of the Aberdeen Football players breaking rules and visiting the Soul Bar again going against all the rules and the SFA, but Pittodrie F*cking football stadium is also on my F'ing Road!

I know I am starting to sound paranoid (which really isn't like me) but everything around me just now is too close for comfort."

the whole aberdeen football club thing is madness, and its not like they haven't been examples around the world, in baseball 20 players out of a roster of 27 on one team (miami marlins) ended up catching it after a night out...

nievity at best, stupidity at worst! and people (especially the younger folks) thinking they are bulletproof!

» Add a new message to this topic