FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > You can get immunity from covid.

You can get immunity from covid.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I read good news on the breafing news that the scientists are currently doing research that it seems you can get immunity from covid after a mild infection as the cells are storing information from the virus so it can fight it off again, it kind of works like other infections and viruses you get as afterwards you dont get it anymore, what is your view of it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

We need strong immunity but most importantly that lasts for as long as possible. If immunity wears off too quickly, when caught from an infection, it leaves people open to getting infected again, possibly when they think they may be safe to mix with people.

Unless people are tested to find out whether they show signs of immunity, they will also be ignorant to it.

Certainly having effective immunity should keep reinfection levels suppressed.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

Do have a link? Previous studies have found that having covid seems to provide some immunity but how much and for how long no one knows . The studies with monkeys seems to show they can be infected twice with covid, they don't get really ill the 2nd time but can still pass the virus on to others.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I'm part of a research project looking into mid to long term immunity. I originally volunteered for thr vaccine but wasnt suitable due to the antibodies I already had.

They are testing me weekly for covid... and monthly to see the level of antibodies. I had covid in December 2019...and still showing a good level of antibodies.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

From what I understand (and of course I can be wrong), I understand that you don't always test positive for antibodies but once exposed you will have t cells ready to make antibodies that will give you immunity when you are rexposed.

By *asIsaCouple  over a year ago

harrow

"I read good news on the breafing news that the scientists are currently doing research that it seems you can get immunity from covid after a mild infection as the cells are storing information from the virus so it can fight it off again, it kind of works like other infections and viruses you get as afterwards you dont get it anymore, what is your view of it? "

Source?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I read good news on the breafing news that the scientists are currently doing research that it seems you can get immunity from covid after a mild infection as the cells are storing information from the virus so it can fight it off again, it kind of works like other infections and viruses you get as afterwards you dont get it anymore, what is your view of it? "

It's not new, it's the way our immune systems work.

harrow

"I'm part of a research project looking into mid to long term immunity. I originally volunteered for thr vaccine but wasnt suitable due to the antibodies I already had.

They are testing me weekly for covid... and monthly to see the level of antibodies. I had covid in December 2019...and still showing a good level of antibodies. "

So you tested positive in December 2019?

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

"I'm part of a research project looking into mid to long term immunity. I originally volunteered for thr vaccine but wasnt suitable due to the antibodies I already had.

They are testing me weekly for covid... and monthly to see the level of antibodies. I had covid in December 2019...and still showing a good level of antibodies. "

This is very good news as it leads us towards something similar to an annual flu jab. Fingers crossed and thank you for what you are doing.

"Do have a link? Previous studies have found that having covid seems to provide some immunity but how much and for how long no one knows . The studies with monkeys seems to show they can be infected twice with covid, they don't get really ill the 2nd time but can still pass the virus on to others."
I dont have a link as the news app is called "Briefing" but yes it is good news too.

"We need strong immunity but most importantly that lasts for as long as possible. If immunity wears off too quickly, when caught from an infection, it leaves people open to getting infected again, possibly when they think they may be safe to mix with people.

Unless people are tested to find out whether they show signs of immunity, they will also be ignorant to it.

Certainly having effective immunity should keep reinfection levels suppressed. "

That is right and I gues that it depends also of how good someones immune system is as well of fighting away viruses as well.

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

Very good news

By *llabouttheladyMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

They are testing me weekly for covid... and monthly to see the level of antibodies. I had covid in December 2019...and still showing a good level of antibodies.

So you tested positive in December 2019?"

Covid was kicking around Yorkshire from late-December onwards.

"I read good news on the breafing news that the scientists are currently doing research that it seems you can get immunity from covid after a mild infection as the cells are storing information from the virus so it can fight it off again, it kind of works like other infections and viruses you get as afterwards you dont get it anymore, what is your view of it?

Source?"

It is on the briefing news app

Wow tested positive well before anyone knew what it was.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

I had Covid in late March and still have detectable antibodies. Once I've done my surgical recovery, I'm going to look into plasma donation. If I'm eligible, that shows I still have high levels of antibody. I'm pleased I still have evidence of immunity more than 3 months down the line.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

There are lots of interesting studies going on at the moment regarding antibodies, for Instance coronavirus common cold antibodies have reactive T cells that respond to sars-cov-2.

However Its all variable from person to person and one set of antibodies is not a cure all, like when they realised that O blood doesn't have such a extreme response, what helps one will not help another. More drug trials into evading cytokine storms and sepsis is the big jump we need to do

Source is the-scientist.com for all those who like science papers

North West

"There are lots of interesting studies going on at the moment regarding antibodies, for Instance coronavirus common cold antibodies have reactive T cells that respond to sars-cov-2.

However Its all variable from person to person and one set of antibodies is not a cure all, like when they realised that O blood doesn't have such a extreme response, what helps one will not help another. More drug trials into evading cytokine storms and sepsis is the big jump we need to do

"

Thank you

That is good news

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

So you tested positive in December 2019?"

nope but I had tests taken at the time that looking at now with new data confirms it was not a non descript viral infection

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

I won't call it good news yet until we have conclusive scientific evidence that we can have immunity from covid 19. This virus is still new and under research & review, so we still don't know the details surrounding immunity.

The fact that your body creates an antibody response does *not* automatically guarantee immunity. Every virus is different, and each viruses reacts differently with regards to immunity.

For example in the case of measles, when you are infected your body produces antibodies which give you immunity for the rest of your life.

On the flip side there is another virus called respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), which causes mild, cold-like symptoms.

People develop antibodies in response to an RSV infection, but these antibodies only protect against severe disease over time, not re-infection. So the bottom line is you can't get any immunity from the RSV virus even though your body produces antibodies when you are infected the first time.

As you can see, their are two extremes here. One virus whose antibody response gives you life time immunity, and another virus whose antibody response gives you *no* immunity at all.

We don't know as yet where covid 19 stands in comparison to these two viruses I've named above.

That's good news.

"There are lots of interesting studies going on at the moment regarding antibodies, for Instance coronavirus common cold antibodies have reactive T cells that respond to sars-cov-2.

"

harrow

But not Covid

So you tested positive in December 2019? nope but I had tests taken at the time that looking at now with new data confirms it was not a non descript viral infection "

"From what I understand (and of course I can be wrong), I understand that you don't always test positive for antibodies but once exposed you will have t cells ready to make antibodies that will give you immunity when you are rexposed."

That's my understanding too.

Because if we dont get immunity from the virus after we have had it then what use is a vaccine.

So you tested positive in December 2019? nope but I had tests taken at the time that looking at now with new data confirms it was not a non descript viral infection "

Have they confirmed if they are covid 19 antibodies

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

"I had Covid in late March and still have detectable antibodies. Once I've done my surgical recovery, I'm going to look into plasma donation. If I'm eligible, that shows I still have high levels of antibody. I'm pleased I still have evidence of immunity more than 3 months down the line. "
Where did you get your test and who from ?

"I had Covid in late March and still have detectable antibodies. Once I've done my surgical recovery, I'm going to look into plasma donation. If I'm eligible, that shows I still have high levels of antibody. I'm pleased I still have evidence of immunity more than 3 months down the line. Where did you get your test and who from ? "

I would like to know where you can get the test also.

Me and the mrs both had it early april.

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

The government will squash this for as long as they can because it will produce the following results:

1. Anybody who has had it will ask why they need to wear a mask, or follow any distancing requirements.

2. Young people will try to catch it so they can apply point 1.

Number 1 is what I question everyday.

North West

"I had Covid in late March and still have detectable antibodies. Once I've done my surgical recovery, I'm going to look into plasma donation. If I'm eligible, that shows I still have high levels of antibody. I'm pleased I still have evidence of immunity more than 3 months down the line. Where did you get your test and who from ?

"

I was tested as part of my pre op blood tests. I've just had gynae surgery that I've waited a very long time for!

North West

"I had Covid in late March and still have detectable antibodies. Once I've done my surgical recovery, I'm going to look into plasma donation. If I'm eligible, that shows I still have high levels of antibody. I'm pleased I still have evidence of immunity more than 3 months down the line. Where did you get your test and who from ? "

The NHS did it as part of pre op blood tests.

"I had Covid in late March and still have detectable antibodies. Once I've done my surgical recovery, I'm going to look into plasma donation. If I'm eligible, that shows I still have high levels of antibody. I'm pleased I still have evidence of immunity more than 3 months down the line. Where did you get your test and who from ?

I was tested as part of my pre op blood tests. I've just had gynae surgery that I've waited a very long time for! "

Oh I see.

Thanks for the reply.

Rarely do you get immunity to a virus as they evolve to a different strain you do however build up antibodies in the blood stream so it fights any infection far more quickly.

North West

"Rarely do you get immunity to a virus as they evolve to a different strain you do however build up antibodies in the blood stream so it fights any infection far more quickly."

This is false. If that were the case, we'd never have eradicated smallpox by vaccination and almost eradicated polio by vaccination. You can acquire immunity to any type of infectious organism.

Wow tested positive well before anyone knew what it was."

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm ?

It's obvious this ruddy thing has been around for months earlier than they said.

Just spent 30 mins internet crunching to find ANY confirmed cases of someone getting this coronavirus twice.

Result...ZERO.

Interestingly in super testing South Korea a few people gave a positive test having previously recovered and had negative test.

On further research and testing the positive result was due to a small number of dead viral cells which scientists could not culture and the patients had zero symptoms and zero viral shedding.

Watched my go to doctor fellas on YouTube last night.

He is very optimistic about anti bodies and t cells having long lasting effect.

Also optimistic that with the tests that have been done , that when a vaccine comes along that it should have long lasting immunity

North West

"Just spent 30 mins internet crunching to find ANY confirmed cases of someone getting this coronavirus twice.

Result...ZERO.

Interestingly in super testing South Korea a few people gave a positive test having previously recovered and had negative test.

On further research and testing the positive result was due to a small number of dead viral cells which scientists could not culture and the patients had zero symptoms and zero viral shedding."

Do you have a link, please? Very interested in this sort of thing

Tonbridge

"Just spent 30 mins internet crunching to find ANY confirmed cases of someone getting this coronavirus twice.

Result...ZERO.

On further research and testing the positive result was due to a small number of dead viral cells which scientists could not culture and the patients had zero symptoms and zero viral shedding.

Do you have a link, please? Very interested in this sort of thing "

Search for:

Isolation unnecessary for recovered COVID-19 patients: KCDC

It shows that if a patient recovers and then tests positive again then it is just the test detecting dead virus particles. They haven't caught it a second time.

North West

Result...ZERO.

Do you have a link, please? Very interested in this sort of thing

Search for:

Isolation unnecessary for recovered COVID-19 patients: KCDC

It shows that if a patient recovers and then tests positive again then it is just the test detecting dead virus particles. They haven't caught it a second time."

Many thanks

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

Not sure if this will provide the results everyone is hoping for, I hope it does.

My concern is the damage the virus is doing to the brain cells.

Virus' don't just stick to one part of the body and I'm pretty sure the body doesn't safegaurd parts of the body.

One of the symptoms found recently were sores on the feet.

As I say I hope this work out, only time will tell.

"Not sure if this will provide the results everyone is hoping for, I hope it does.

My concern is the damage the virus is doing to the brain cells.

Virus' don't just stick to one part of the body and I'm pretty sure the body doesn't safegaurd parts of the body.

One of the symptoms found recently were sores on the feet.

As I say I hope this work out, only time will tell."

For the most part, the blood brain barrier prevents pathogens entering the brain. Hence the rarity of encephalitis. Unfortunately, when millions of people are getting infected, the numbers affected by encephalitis doesn't then appear rare. The Spanish flu is a prime example if anyone wants to Google encephalitis lethargica.

You can gain immunity quite easily through exposure. Just be aware you can still pass it onto other people through surface cross-contamination. So you should still be washing you hands if you have had it.

Also wearing a mask is still a socially required thing as there's no reason for anyone to believe you if you claim to have had it, along with demonstrating that it's habitually nessesary to encourage others to follow the rules.

Be very careful, my daughter has had a full dose of Covid, NHS worker, she was fully confirmed, and then had a test for resistance to the virus and it was zero...... go figure.

By *relocMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I remember seeing a video by Dr John Campbell that said that a recent study indicated that the T cells from the SARS virus (which I think is the most similar one we know of to COVID-19 as far as the immune system is concerned) are still active in people who recovered from that after 17 years and seem to be providing resistance to COVID-19. They also suggested that another coronavirus which mainly infects animals (some rodents, dogs and cattle from memory) but has almost no effect on humans might be causing immunity as well and recommended a study focusing on that virus

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"You can gain immunity quite easily through exposure. "

I think you need to tell the world's leading scientists this.

They seem to disagree but obviously they are wrong

Although you can build up an immunity it's not guaranteed. Most people won't get it more than once but it's not impossible.

"I remember seeing a video by Dr John Campbell that said that a recent study indicated that the T cells from the SARS virus (which I think is the most similar one we know of to COVID-19 as far as the immune system is concerned) are still active in people who recovered from that after 17 years and seem to be providing resistance to COVID-19. They also suggested that another coronavirus which mainly infects animals (some rodents, dogs and cattle from memory) but has almost no effect on humans might be causing immunity as well and recommended a study focusing on that virus"

Got to say Campbell is good with his daily videos. Well worth subscribing to

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Although you can build up an immunity it's not guaranteed. Most people won't get it more than once but it's not impossible."

We just don't know that people won't get multiple infections. It's an incredibly new virus that we're just starting to learn about. We don't know how much any acquired immunity we may get from having had it, or a vaccination against it, nor for how long any such protection may last.

We may get repeated infections, which may be less severe than previous ones. We also know that even for people getting mild symptoms that they can get lasting organ damage and failures. We don't know how any repeated infections could further harm their health, or whether more may die after multiple infections.

We know too little at present and the intelligent approach is to be cautious, as we do know that it can cause fatality and permanent life-changing damage.

By *usie pTV/TS  over a year ago

taunton

I have had a few colds in the past don't think I am immune to getting another one,people have the flu vaccination every year.

Tonbridge

[Removed by poster at 31/08/20 13:18:08]

Tonbridge

"Although you can build up an immunity it's not guaranteed. Most people won't get it more than once but it's not impossible.

We just don't know that people won't get multiple infections. It's an incredibly new virus that we're just starting to learn about. We don't know how much any acquired immunity we may get from having had it, or a vaccination against it, nor for how long any such protection may last.

We may get repeated infections, which may be less severe than previous ones. We also know that even for people getting mild symptoms that they can get lasting organ damage and failures. We don't know how any repeated infections could further harm their health, or whether more may die after multiple infections.

We know too little at present and the intelligent approach is to be cautious, as we do know that it can cause fatality and permanent life-changing damage. "

Best to be cautious when 3 people out of 23 million have caught it twice. Its why I walk around wearing a crash helmet at all times, in case I am hit by a falling meteorite.

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

"Although you can build up an immunity it's not guaranteed. Most people won't get it more than once but it's not impossible.

We know too little at present and the intelligent approach is to be cautious, as we do know that it can cause fatality and permanent life-changing damage.

Best to be cautious when 3 people out of 23 million have caught it twice. Its why I walk around wearing a crash helmet at all times, in case I am hit by a falling meteorite."

**"...Best to be cautious when 3 people out of 23 million have caught it twice..."**

--------------------

Yes be cautious.

Those 3 people could just be isolated cases, OR they could be the start of many more cases to follow. We don't know either way, hence why it is necessary to 'be cautious'

Didn't the virus itself start with just a "few cases" in Wuhan? Fast forward few months and those "few cases" became a global pandemic. Best to learn from past experiences.

Once again I will say - be cautious

» Add a new message to this topic