FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Coronavirus

Coronavirus

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Seriously folk when do you think things will be back to normal ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 11/10/20 19:46:25]

Q4/Q1 2021/2

I do not think we will ever see normal ever again I think this is the new norm

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

About 18 months time.

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

Back to exactly as they were pre-Covid ?

Short answer. They won't.

Long answer ?

Well, for things to go back to exactly as they were pre-Covid, you'd need to revive all the lives lost, all the lives ruined, all the suicides committed, all the businesses failed, all the opportunities lost, and so on and so forth.

And that is impossible obviously.

So no, things won't go back to how they were pre-Covid. They never will.

Is there life post-Covid ?

Of course there is, and of course there will be. It's won't be a life we may immediately recognise and it will be different, but it will be possible. And we will adapt. Because that is the only choice we have.

We are the most adaptable species on the planet. It's why we are at the top of the food chain. We've survived countless epidemics, wars, famines, natural and man-made disasters, and we are still here.

Cockroaches have nothing on us.

From an article I read earlier...

Will COVID-19 be remembered in history?

It's too early to know if we’ll remember this one, but the precedents suggest we won’t. There were two other flu pandemics in the 20th Century: the 1957 Asian flu and the 1968 Hong Kong flu. They killed about 2 million and 4 million people, respectively. We are nowhere near those numbers yet and yet we don't compare this pandemic to them.

We immediately head for the enormous one in 1918, which is strange in itself. But they were much worse than this one to date, and we don't remember them.

___

Our generation will remember of course, as perhaps our children, but their children after them ? It will be forgotten....

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

"Back to exactly as they were pre-Covid ?

Long answer ?

Well, for things to go back to exactly as they were pre-Covid, you'd need to revive all the lives lost, all the lives ruined, all the suicides committed, all the businesses failed, all the opportunities lost, and so on and so forth.

Of course there is, and of course there will be. It's won't be a life we may immediately recognise and it will be different, but it will be possible. And we will adapt. Because that is the only choice we have.

We are the most adaptable species on the planet. It's why we are at the top of the food chain. We've survived countless epidemics, wars, famines, natural and man-made disasters, and we are still here.

It's too early to know if we’ll remember this one, but the precedents suggest we won’t. There were two other flu pandemics in the 20th Century: the 1957 Asian flu and the 1968 Hong Kong flu. They killed about 2 million and 4 million people, respectively. We are nowhere near those numbers yet and yet we don't compare this pandemic to them.

We immediately head for the enormous one in 1918, which is strange in itself. But they were much worse than this one to date, and we don't remember them.

___

Our generation will remember of course, as perhaps our children, but their children after them ? It will be forgotten....

"

"Seriously folk when do you think things will be back to normal ?"

7 weeks ago WHO said social distancing will be with us til 2023, so unless that's now changed, I'm guessing it will be then.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

If we mean businesses open as usual, people not needing to wear masks in enclosed indoors settings, not having mixing together controls, perhaps 1 year.

There's much to know and that could change. In a year's time too vaccinations should have started.

We should probably assume that the UK won't get rid of the virus, so caution will be needed by many for years.

Stupid posts by some on fab, like the 1 above, won't ever disappear, though may change in content

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Once we get through this flu season we will have better prediction knowledge on just how fast this virus is going to burn through us, then a new normality can be achieved

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2020/10/06/boris-johnson-vows-to-end-social-distancing-by-october-next-year-13380048/amp/

Well, Boris says social distancing will be a thing of the past by October 2021. Whether this happens or not is another thing altogether

By *ihimbiherCouple  over a year ago

lightwater

I’m so happy that due to the rule if six, I don’t have to have the in-laws around for xmas.

"I’m so happy that due to the rule if six, I don’t have to have the in-laws around for xmas."

I've read on another, serious discussion platform that so many people are so happy about that! Some are hoping it's tightened even further and there is no household mixing at all by then

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

Things will have to return to normal when there is mass unemployment and millions are hurting financially, no idea how long that will be but it’s definitely coming

Don't get me started on this crap. Yes lots of new cases, but deaths (every death is tragic) are at less than 0.5% what they were at the peak. Feel like I am part of a social experiment

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Don't get me started on this crap. Yes lots of new cases, but deaths (every death is tragic) are at less than 0.5% what they were at the peak. Feel like I am part of a social experiment "

I feel the same re social experiment. Trouble is the lab processes aren't even up to gcse chemistry standards and some bastard keeps playing with the control experiment.

Thing is it is 100 % an experiment. When it first started I was astounded that for all of the worlds "scientists" the best we could come up with was.. Wash your hands and stay 2m away from everyone. 9 months on... The best the science can come up with is.. Wash your hands and stay 2m away from everyone...and wear a face covering. There is no vaccine and no guarantee of one. There is so far no evidence that the nirvana of herd immunity is achievable.

There IS a colossal amount of tree hugging and misinformation. The world has changed for many and not for some.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Things will have to return to normal when there is mass unemployment and millions are hurting financially, no idea how long that will be but it’s definitely coming "

Arent you getting mixed up with austerity?

Herne Bay

"Things will have to return to normal when there is mass unemployment and millions are hurting financially, no idea how long that will be but it’s definitely coming

Arent you getting mixed up with austerity?"

Austerity never cut into the 2 Trillion debt

liverpool

"Things will have to return to normal when there is mass unemployment and millions are hurting financially, no idea how long that will be but it’s definitely coming

Arent you getting mixed up with austerity? Austerity never cut into the 2 Trillion debt "

So a bit pointless then really wasnt it?

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

"Don't get me started on this crap. Yes lots of new cases, but deaths (every death is tragic) are at less than 0.5% what they were at the peak. Feel like I am part of a social experiment "

Do you really need this explaining?

Yesterday, there were 10k cases in the UK. Of these, 1.7k were in the 15-19 age group and 1.5k in the 20-24 age group. That's 1/3rd cases were in the 15-24 ages.

This age group has had 90k cases since the start and 32 deaths. That's 1 in 3000 or 0.04%.

In the first wave covid hit care homes and the elderly.

It's ridiculous to compare deaths now with then when demographic have changed.

Herne Bay

Arent you getting mixed up with austerity? Austerity never cut into the 2 Trillion debt

So a bit pointless then really wasnt it?"

Not sure of the point you are trying to make

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

Arent you getting mixed up with austerity? Austerity never cut into the 2 Trillion debt

So a bit pointless then really wasnt it?"

Many people I think see government borrowing as free cash because it does not get paid back but rolled over into new borrowing. However there is an interest cost which is ever increasing.If this cost becomes an increasing proportion of tax income then future generations will suffer.

By *otSoNewAnymoreMan  over a year ago

North East

"I’m so happy that due to the rule if six, I don’t have to have the in-laws around for xmas."

love this!!

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

By May there will be few who have not had the virus! The need to avoid more vulnerable catching it will remain but the potential to overwhelm hospitals will have gone. Life will start to return to normal, kind of. We will live with it as we do with flu.

liverpool

So a bit pointless then really wasnt it? Not sure of the point you are trying to make "

You said austerity never made a dent in the deficit.

Therefore it was all rather pointless.

liverpool

So a bit pointless then really wasnt it?

Many people I think see government borrowing as free cash because it does not get paid back but rolled over into new borrowing. However there is an interest cost which is ever increasing.If this cost becomes an increasing proportion of tax income then future generations will suffer."

Maybe we shouldn't have decimated our industrial base then?

How long is a piece of string.All I know is its hard on us all.

"Back to exactly as they were pre-Covid ?

Long answer ?

___

"

It's funny you should mention 1968 one as sadly I am old enough to remember a little. I don't remember anyone going as daft as this one has made us go. I do remember being poorly with it and my dad had a week off work with it. I think we took things a lot more in our stride back then compared with today. It was an accepted thing that these things come along from time to time.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Next thursday

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

2022 because Chris whitty "hopes science will be able to help us by this time next winter"

"2022 because Chris whitty "hopes science will be able to help us by this time next winter" "

Don't get why people are blaming the government, it's a global issue not UK. Last 8 status updates locally 6 are asking to meet, site doesn't ban people even if reported. How are we ever going to get out of this situation if people put sexual urges ahead of health

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

"2022 because Chris whitty "hopes science will be able to help us by this time next winter" "
Dr doom you mean

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

"2022 because Chris whitty "hopes science will be able to help us by this time next winter"

Don't get why people are blaming the government, it's a global issue not UK. Last 8 status updates locally 6 are asking to meet, site doesn't ban people even if reported. How are we ever going to get out of this situation if people put sexual urges ahead of health "

everything in this, country has been one major balls up so it is this governments fault led by coco the clown

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

It won't.

its already ended if you decide to....

"Seriously folk when do you think things will be back to normal ?

7 weeks ago WHO said social distancing will be with us til 2023, so unless that's now changed, I'm guessing it will be then. "

The WHO? Are you serious? Inept arses. They're useless and we should stop funding them immediately. They,the press and throw politicians caused this. The virus is not the issue it's the politicos.

» Add a new message to this topic