FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Have you had it?

Have you had it?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *orwegian Blue OP   Man  over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

No, not sex; covid?

I'm currently recovering from a bout of the virus which has managed to keep me in bed for a week, put me into hospital with suspected blood clots and breathing issues, and leave me with about enough energy to walk upstairs, with a stop half way.

Food still tastes awful, mostly metallic but today orange squash started tasting of aniseed..I hate aniseed!

I have been in constant pain since the symptoms really kicked in; every bone and muscle aches or hurts. My knees are still swollen and painful to touch and my sternum feels like it has become detached when I cough.

My symptoms first appeared on the 15th, a sore throat and eyes. By the 17th, I was unable to get out of bed, almost uncontrollable cough, aches, headache and stomach pains.

At times, I felt so ill, I thought I wouldn't wake the next day.

Today I feel I have turned the corner and am on the mend, I am still in considerable pain, the cough has abated a little and fortunately the headaches started to subside on Sunday just gone and are now just a niggling ache.

By all counts, I have had fairly mild symptoms.

I am healthy, don't smoke, I exercise regularly, not overweight and have no pre-existing conditions, yet this disease has knocked me for six.

A friend, twelve years older than me, who is overweight and who's idea of exercise is lifting pints at the pub, had covid back in August. He thought he had a mild cold, a cough and sniffles. He only got tested because he was bored and a test centre had appeared less then 200m from his house; curiosity drove him as did his wife, who drove the car..

His wife did not catch it, her test taken a few days later was negative.

So if you have had it and don't mind letting others know how you faired, please post your experience whether extreme or mild.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *olf BlassMan  over a year ago

blackpool

I tested positive about 3 weeks ago. But I have to be honest I didnt have any symptoms whatsoever. I did the week before have a mild cold. But thankfully nothing worse after.

My family all tested negative (which I found strange).

Anyone with symptoms i hope and pray they are ok going forward. Its a strange virus behaving in a strange way.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Yeah, we had it in late March/early April. Incredibly mild, carried on WFH for most of it, apart from about 3 days in the middle where we were just knackered.

My symptoms (Mrs)

Loss of taste/smell - 100% lost

Splitting headache

Dizziness

Extreme fatigue

A slight temp of 38.3°C for less than 24hr, didn't realise until I used to thermometer

Mr's symptoms

Hacking cough (remains at night now)

Extreme tiredness (worse than me)

Feverish/low grade temperature but with the shivers/sweating

General feeling of crappiness

Our daughter (3) had a low temp for 24hrs but otherwise totally fine, we assume she had it.

Our son (then 17) remained fine (possibly asymptomatic) and he took over cooking, cleaning etc.

None of us have any co-morbidities that are high risk for Covid. Mr is very slim, I'm fat but very healthy and was fitter in March than I am now, after very little exercise and surgery which stopped my gym/wheelchair basketball activities. Neither of us smoke or drink, we have a decent diet etc.

My Covid was confirmed by positive antibody test in August, so we're presuming Mr's symptoms a couple of days behind mine were also Covid.

Sorry you had a bad time, OP.

By *ink Panther.Woman  over a year ago

Preston

Glad to see you’re on the mend op x

No I haven’t had it, took an antibody test this week just to confirm the ‘cold’ I had in September was exactly that. I was right it was a cold and I was negative for antibodies.

It’s very difficult to determine you have it if you just take the governments criteria for a test as an indicator. For the most part none of the ppl I know that have had it displayed any of the three symptoms outlined. They had an array of other symptoms that the government is well aware of but won’t add to the list. Why? Because there isn’t the testing capacity. Until ppl are aware this virus will keep spreading

By *rufinWoman  over a year ago

notts

I've had it, confirmed by test. I've had far worse flu. My kids just had a slightly tight chest and coughed a few times. For me, the recovery was the weird part, it seems to stop and start and I feel a bit tired.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I had it in February, confirmed by antibody test in June

Lost taste for 3 weeks, extreme fatigue, breathlessness, persistent cough and a temp for a couple of days... was probably the most unwell I’ve ever been and I’m usually fit and healthy

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"I had it in February, confirmed by antibody test in June

Lost taste for 3 weeks, extreme fatigue, breathlessness, persistent cough and a temp for a couple of days... was probably the most unwell I’ve ever been and I’m usually fit and healthy "

Do you know your blood group ?

Started with dizziness for a full day .

Not the type that makes you need to sit down but more like your head is going to spin off your head.

Then woke up in the middle of the night shivering sweating felling freezing but with a temperature of over 41.

The fever last 2 days.

Then no sense of taste or smell kicked in.

I thought I was getting better but 9 days later I woke up with what thought was indigestion.

By the next morning I had pain under both sides under my ribs.

By teatime my breathing started to get laboured.

It got steadily worse over the period of 4 days getting so bad that I couldn't say 4 words without having to take a big breath of air.

To a point when mrs wanted to call an ambulance.

I told her give it another day luckily the next morning it started to ease.

But I can still honestly say the last full blown flu I had hit me harder than covid.

Lost taste for 3 weeks, extreme fatigue, breathlessness, persistent cough and a temp for a couple of days... was probably the most unwell I’ve ever been and I’m usually fit and healthy

Do you know your blood group ?"

Yes I’m O- why?

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

I thought i’d had it.

I was really poorly for weeks.

Covid test : negative

Antibody test : negative

Doc just shrugged. They’re really busy right now. Rest up and recover.

the wetlands

Yes I’m O- why?"

Just curious as a scientists think those with group o are less susceptible.

North West

Yes I’m O- why?

Just curious as a scientists think those with group o are less susceptible."

We're both O- too *shrug*

the wetlands

Yes I’m O- why?

We're both O- too *shrug*"

I guess I'm not invincible after all then

North West

Yes I’m O- why?

We're both O- too *shrug*

I guess I'm not invincible after all then "

We had it dead mild if that's any better?

By *orwegian Blue OP   Man  over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

Yes I’m O- why?

Just curious as a scientists think those with group o are less susceptible."

I have heard similar.

I'm A POS which some suggest would explain why I have suffered a little.

By *roperty of the bossCouple  over a year ago

North and South of

I was really sick in mid January, Couldn't move for a week and still not right for about 3 weeks after, Two friends was really ill at the end of November and late December and we was all in the same house for a few days just after the first friend was recovering from whatever they had, Not sure if we had it as none of us has had a antibody test

By *lashnannieCouple  over a year ago

Dundee

We both had it March, couple of days like breathing through a straw and a slow recovery. Had chest pains after for a few months which became a full blown heart attack, told possibly due to the virus. Worst year of my life, I've only had the cold twice and never had flu

"No, not sex; covid?

I'm currently recovering from a bout of the virus which has managed to keep me in bed for a week, put me into hospital with suspected blood clots and breathing issues, and leave me with about enough energy to walk upstairs, with a stop half way.

Food still tastes awful, mostly metallic but today orange squash started tasting of aniseed..I hate aniseed!

I have been in constant pain since the symptoms really kicked in; every bone and muscle aches or hurts. My knees are still swollen and painful to touch and my sternum feels like it has become detached when I cough.

My symptoms first appeared on the 15th, a sore throat and eyes. By the 17th, I was unable to get out of bed, almost uncontrollable cough, aches, headache and stomach pains.

At times, I felt so ill, I thought I wouldn't wake the next day.

Today I feel I have turned the corner and am on the mend, I am still in considerable pain, the cough has abated a little and fortunately the headaches started to subside on Sunday just gone and are now just a niggling ache.

By all counts, I have had fairly mild symptoms.

I am healthy, don't smoke, I exercise regularly, not overweight and have no pre-existing conditions, yet this disease has knocked me for six.

A friend, twelve years older than me, who is overweight and who's idea of exercise is lifting pints at the pub, had covid back in August. He thought he had a mild cold, a cough and sniffles. He only got tested because he was bored and a test centre had appeared less then 200m from his house; curiosity drove him as did his wife, who drove the car..

His wife did not catch it, her test taken a few days later was negative.

So if you have had it and don't mind letting others know how you faired, please post your experience whether extreme or mild.

"

I was swabbed positive early April as was my youngest son. He was admitted to Alder Heys HDU, he was deemed at risk case as he had had a serious lung infection last year resulting in a chest drain. He faired quite well and returned home after 12 days but was treated with a variety of antibiotics and kept on oxygen.

I was self isolated and had comparable experience with yourself but seemed to recover after around 10 days. What did suprise me was the following three months, it felt like I was running on 80% energy day to day, I also had a chest infection (non covid related) which turned into pneumonia two months after swabbing clear.

I have to say I fear a little from your overview the similarities with a number of fit and healthy folk I know who have since been diagnosed with Long Covid. Please do take good care of yourself and go and see your doctor if you aren’t feeling right in a couple of weeks.

Speedy recovery x

Not tested but had symptoms of head cold, tiredness, no sense of taste or smell, just feeling yuck.lasted about 3 weeks. This was about a month ago. Had an NHS antibody test yesterday that came up positive so looks like I had it.

Had it in March very mild symptoms sore throat and stiff neck. Confirmed positive at the time by private test from my employer. Was better in a matter of a few days.

Had an antibody/antigen test in September negative for antigens but positive for antibodies. So hopefully I have some level of immunity.

I haven't had it, but for all I know I might of had it and didn't know.

Some family of mine went to a wedding recently and afterwards many of them tested positive with the virus.

Only one of them is ill in hospital and the rest of them seem to be fine.

Weird

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

Not had it ,tested negative x2 and negative in blood test

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

My daughter tested positive with no symptoms. She had the test prior to a medical procedure. Her husband didn't appear to catch it.

My son tested positive after being in contact with a positive person. He had a fuzzy head feeling for about four days but was up and cooking meals for us every day. He lives with his sister and me and neither of us showed any symptoms.

Interesting thread. I may have had it but don't know. Useful to read about all the different symptoms and levels.

Great thread, interesting to see how this effects people differently.

I dont usually get sick,- not even colds or flu,back in March when "blundering Boris" was still mulling over locking down a relative came back from London using public transport etc.

I had locked-down 10 days before as even I could see what was coming, and wearing masks, so it just goes to show how infectious this disease is.

First thing I noticed was glands up in neck so much it hurt-so googled it and found out that was immune system fighting a virus!

No cough or shortness of breath, which I put down to being a smoker, and apparently virus dosent like that!

Extreme fatigue, mentally and physically which went on for about three weeks, strange thing was you would have a day when you could hardly lift your head, but the next day you were fine, then back again the next day-as if there was a fight going on between the virus and immune system, also twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evenings nose would run uncontrollably as if body was trying to rid of something.

Now here is the strange bit, I read a news report of a guy in hospital with co-vid who woke up in hospital, groped the nurses with a raging hard-on and told his wife he slept with men-reports show the psychiatric effect can lead to depression-but believe me the opposite can happen as well-for months I was mincing round spilling all to anyone that would listen! It has just worn off, but all those macho non-compliers-take this seriously-you may lose more than your health!

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

[Removed by poster at 30/10/20 10:36:28]

London

Tested positive a month ago. Only had the test because I had a cough, overweight, black, underlying health problems.

I didn't have a temperature but headaches so painful I was seeing stars. My limbs felt heavy and I was tired. I'd suffered atrial fibrillation in the past, just turning around in bed made me breathless. I had a procedure under general anaesthetic where they stopped my heart and "rebooted" it back into sinus rhythm.

What a difference that made!

Unfortunately, it seems covid has affected the sinus rhythm of my heart and I'm back in atrial fibrillation but it's not constant. I can go days in normal sinus then I get palpitations.

I only had the 14 days isolation and apart from occasional tiredness I'm fine.

By *ampshirehotwifeWoman  over a year ago

Hampshire

Myself and my husband are just recovering after testing positive on the 20th.

I still find it interesting how different the symptoms are from one person to the next.

We have suffered extreme fatigue, chest tightness, wheezing, cough, temperature, insomnia, shakes, joint and muscle pains. I don't have any underlying medical conditions but my husband does. He is diabetic and asthmatic. It hit him much harder than myself. We have been isolating since our symptoms started. We thought we'd turned a corner and then BAM! We woke up this morning feeling like crap again! Nobody tells you about your legs feeling like lead weights and like they don't belong to you! It comes over you in waves. Like someone said previously, it's like the virus and your immune system are constantly battling it out.

Thankfully we weren't hospitalized, but there was a couple of days when I was so close to calling an ambulance because I was so worried about my husband. I slept by his side on our settee for four nights as I couldn't take my eyes off him, scared that I may not see h I'm the morning.

This virus is evil. I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy.

It is a long, slow recovery.

I have no ideas what the repurcussions will be to our bodies after this virus has ravaged every cell.

I just hope and pray that our paths do not cross again with this goddamn awful virus!

"Myself and my husband are just recovering after testing positive on the 20th.

I still find it interesting how different the symptoms are from one person to the next.

We have suffered extreme fatigue, chest tightness, wheezing, cough, temperature, insomnia, shakes, joint and muscle pains. I don't have any underlying medical conditions but my husband does. He is diabetic and asthmatic. It hit him much harder than myself. We have been isolating since our symptoms started. We thought we'd turned a corner and then BAM! We woke up this morning feeling like crap again! Nobody tells you about your legs feeling like lead weights and like they don't belong to you! It comes over you in waves. Like someone said previously, it's like the virus and your immune system are constantly battling it out.

Thankfully we weren't hospitalized, but there was a couple of days when I was so close to calling an ambulance because I was so worried about my husband. I slept by his side on our settee for four nights as I couldn't take my eyes off him, scared that I may not see h I'm the morning.

I have no ideas what the repurcussions will be to our bodies after this virus has ravaged every cell.

I just hope and pray that our paths do not cross again with this goddamn awful virus!"

Glad to hear you guys are on the road to recovery but the virus is not evil its just a virus it has no conscience.

By *uiteniceguyMan  over a year ago

High Wycombe

I finished my isolation period today with my wife and 2 children. Started with headache and a bit of a chest compression feeling. I have moderate COPD so was worried and after 6 days I was feeling very bad.... So bad i even gave my wife my mobile and PC passwords! . Got tested and we all had it. Thanks to neighbours and friends for doing the top up shops.

By *ampshirehotwifeWoman  over a year ago

Hampshire

I just hope and pray that our paths do not cross again with this goddamn awful virus!

Glad to hear you guys are on the road to recovery but the virus is not evil its just a virus it has no conscience. "

In my eyes it is pure evil but thank you for your words of support xx

"I finished my isolation period today with my wife and 2 children. Started with headache and a bit of a chest compression feeling. I have moderate COPD so was worried and after 6 days I was feeling very bad.... So bad i even gave my wife my mobile and PC passwords! . Got tested and we all had it. Thanks to neighbours and friends for doing the top up shops. "

That must have been scary. Hope you are all doing better now.

London

I just hope and pray that our paths do not cross again with this goddamn awful virus!"

Since Thursday I've been dragging my legs around as if they belong to someone else. I put it down to poor circulation as my heart isn't beating properly. Lead weights is an apt description.

By *uiteniceguyMan  over a year ago

High Wycombe

Much better now thanks

By *elly babesCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

Going through it now its not nice trust us. 1 week in feeling shit and now can't taste anything sweet .

Finally see what all the fuss is about if we were older would seriously be worried.

Mrs had +ive test early April. No serious problems at the time. Slight fever, chesty but that's it. A few days later I had similar symptoms. But a month or so later we both started having periods of extreme fatigue. I got so bad I had to sleep long periods in the day and all night. A couple of weeks later I was worried. A few blood tests and an xray later I'd got pneumonia on top. Mrs is now finally over it and I'm much better now. Don't underestimate 19. It can cause real problems.

"Great thread, interesting to see how this effects people differently.

I dont usually get sick,- not even colds or flu,back in March when "blundering Boris" was still mulling over locking down a relative came back from London using public transport etc.

I had locked-down 10 days before as even I could see what was coming, and wearing masks, so it just goes to show how infectious this disease is.

First thing I noticed was glands up in neck so much it hurt-so googled it and found out that was immune system fighting a virus!

No cough or shortness of breath, which I put down to being a smoker, and apparently virus dosent like that!

Extreme fatigue, mentally and physically which went on for about three weeks, strange thing was you would have a day when you could hardly lift your head, but the next day you were fine, then back again the next day-as if there was a fight going on between the virus and immune system, also twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evenings nose would run uncontrollably as if body was trying to rid of something.

Now here is the strange bit, I read a news report of a guy in hospital with co-vid who woke up in hospital, groped the nurses with a raging hard-on and told his wife he slept with men-reports show the psychiatric effect can lead to depression-but believe me the opposite can happen as well-for months I was mincing round spilling all to anyone that would listen! It has just worn off, but all those macho non-compliers-take this seriously-you may lose more than your health! "

There are lots of other symptoms than the 'big three'. One is delirium. The hospital patient may have been suffering from that ... hopefully.

» Add a new message to this topic