FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Why doesn't anyone clap for the NHS

Why doesn't anyone clap for the NHS

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anymore?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Because it was a meaningless gesture in the first place that society will one day look back on and say "What the fuck was all that about?"

"Because it was a meaningless gesture in the first place that society will one day look back on and say "What the fuck was all that about?""

It was good the first time then then politicians hijacked it to distract us from the reality of overworked, underpaid frontline staff. Our applause was a poor substitute for proper remuneration and lulled into a sense of gratitude rather than anger against the politicians for underpaying frontline staff. Applause butters no parsnips.

By *isaB45Woman  over a year ago

Fabville

Because too many people are busy infecting eachother at pubs, beaches and protests...

Because it’s no longer trending on facebook.

I think if it was reintroduced it would feel pretty superficial for many of us working within the NHS... we’ll stick to looking after each other at the end of hard shifts, we’ve got pretty use to that now.

By *argaryen starkCouple  over a year ago

pinxton

Because the lady whose idea it was originally said after ten weeks we should stop

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

"Because too many people are busy infecting eachother at pubs, beaches and protests... "

"Because it was a meaningless gesture in the first place that society will one day look back on and say "What the fuck was all that about?""

"Because it was a meaningless gesture in the first place that society will one day look back on and say "What the fuck was all that about?"

"

this all the way, did we clap for other esential workers?

the nhs workers were in effect just doing their job, as were many others.

im sure they would have rather had a sensable pay rise instead, but clap for the nhs made us feel better

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

Because NHS workers would rather have a pay rise than claps and a badge.

By *heRazorsEdgeMan  over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

"Because NHS workers would rather have a pay rise than claps and a badge.

"

And they deserve one too

By *iddle ManMan  over a year ago

Walsall

The NHS got a clap at 8 and the MPs had a pay rise, that's where it got them.

It's not the weather to be posting Facebook clap videos at night in the dark now either for those social media slaves.

Why was it meaningless? I clapped because I appreciated the job they were doing , it probably went on to long and shouldn’t be done again but it wasn’t ‘meaningless’

"

They deserve both

By *rednwilma1Couple  over a year ago

york

It's just like this taking the knee at football matches, when does that stop, no one dare stop it or they will be called racist...... there ive said what loads of others are thinking,...... get's crash helmet !!!

By *ollycouple71Couple  over a year ago

manchester

"

It was a completely vacuous gesture copied when a human sheep over here saw it being done by herds of human sheep in Europe. So they started it here and we observed the human sheep following their shepherd.

Me - I stayed safe so as not to bother the NHS workers by needing a bed and care.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

My my aren't we

All a bunch of jaded angry cynics.

I think we are missing something in a generation of " me first" and the selfish attitude by a massive percentage of the population.

I think for a brief period it injected a sense of togetherness and humanity.

An appreciation for the people actually putting their lives in genuine peril.

Obviously it goes without saying that everyone who did and continues to work in a high risk job, we should all be thankful to them as well.

And we are.

But it was just a way of reminding us at the time that we are not alone in the fight and thanks for all your hard work.

Today I think we should do a weekly Boo for the sheer frustration we are all feeling aimed at the virus.

Aimed at the covidiots.

And the government for the total shambles that they have appeared to become.

By *ab Swingers PartiesCouple  over a year ago

SOUTH. Cambridgeshire Border.

"

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Because it was a meaningless gesture in the first place that society will one day look back on and say "What the fuck was all that about?"

It's just like this taking the knee at football matches, when does that stop, no one dare stop it or they will be called racist...... there ive said what loads of others are thinking,...... get's crash helmet !!!"

..yawn

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"It was good the first time then then politicians hijacked it to distract us from the reality of overworked, underpaid frontline staff. Our applause was a poor substitute for proper remuneration and lulled into a sense of gratitude rather than anger against the politicians for underpaying frontline staff. Applause butters no parsnips. "

By *orthern PowerhouseMan  over a year ago

Chesterfield

I wouldn't say it was meaningless it was more to be seeing to support and what the neighbours viewed you doing.

In general people do support the NHS but there is also an element of frustration/envy what ever you call it from people who are on furlough or lost jobs that many staff in the NHS and on full pay with lots of overtime.

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Cos it was all a waste of time

I wouldn't say it was meaningless it was more to be seeing to support and what the neighbours viewed you doing.

In general people do support the NHS but there is also an element of frustration/envy what ever you call it from people who are on furlough or lost jobs that many staff in the NHS and on full pay with lots of overtime.

"

You’ve got to be pretty messed up in the head if you have something against the people who are risking their lives on a daily basis to look after the sick.

Chesterfield

You’ve got to be pretty messed up in the head if you have something against the people who are risking their lives on a daily basis to look after the sick."

Well if your children are starving or your house is looking are being repossessed or your landlord is trying to evict you then I would say someone is on the limit. If they see someone getting lots of over time next door buying a new car then people will get frustrated.

Not everyone in the NHS is frontline not all are at risk people get jealous its a human trait I don't condone it just pointing it out.

Don't tell me you nave never been jealous of someone in your life!

By *ir-spunk-alotMan  over a year ago

south coast

My sister works for NHS as a nurse and thought it was pointless as it became a PR stunt for political gain.

You’ve got to be pretty messed up in the head if you have something against the people who are risking their lives on a daily basis to look after the sick.

Well if your children are starving or your house is looking are being repossessed or your landlord is trying to evict you then I would say someone is on the limit. If they see someone getting lots of over time next door buying a new car then people will get frustrated.

Not everyone in the NHS is frontline not all are at risk people get jealous its a human trait I don't condone it just pointing it out.

Don't tell me you nave never been jealous of someone in your life! "

Can’t imagine the non frontline NHS staff were pulling in the overtime, I know I wasn’t, I was working extra hours for free because that’s what was required at the time.

I’m not sure I can relate to the sort of mentality that looks at someone putting themselves at risk, of working among the dying, and having friends and colleagues die, and begrudge them a bit of overtime.

That takes a particularly warped kind of brain.

Chesterfield

Can’t imagine the non frontline NHS staff were pulling in the overtime, I know I wasn’t, I was working extra hours for free because that’s what was required at the time.

I’m not sure I can relate to the sort of mentality that looks at someone putting themselves at risk, of working among the dying, and having friends and colleagues die, and begrudge them a bit of overtime.

That takes a particularly warped kind of brain."

Well that's bitter attitude there are people out there really suffering some having breakdowns kids with nothing people do get resentful of others. Your green tick clearly shows you do.

Oh and overtime is on in many areas in the NHS that's a fact both in paediatrics, mental health care and other areas as they are unfortunately stretched thin right now if you hadn't noticed.

Well that's bitter attitude there are people out there really suffering some having breakdowns kids with nothing people do get resentful of others. Your green tick clearly shows you do.

Oh and overtime is on in many areas in the NHS that's a fact both in paediatrics, mental health care and other areas as they are unfortunately stretched thin right now if you hadn't noticed. "

I didn’t say people weren’t getting paid overtime, that’s what happens when you don’t have enough staff and there’s too much work to be done.

What I’m saying is that to begrudge people, who are literally saving lives, a bit of overtime is something that requires a really warped mind.

I’ve just never been that spiteful, even when I didn’t have a pot to piss in.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

Small minded pettiness thankfully is not I would think shared by many if at all, where are you getting this information from?

Or is it just your own opinion..

Tbh fella I've got family in the forefront of delivery in general, mental health and midwifery and they are all drained mentally with this pandemic..

Even when the figures cane down there was still staff shortages due to covid, looking after families etc..

Oh and overtime is on in many areas in the NHS that's a fact both in paediatrics, mental health care and other areas as they are unfortunately stretched thin right now if you hadn't noticed.

I didn’t say people weren’t getting paid overtime, that’s what happens when you don’t have enough staff and there’s too much work to be done.

What I’m saying is that to begrudge people, who are literally saving lives, a bit of overtime is something that requires a really warped mind.

I’ve just never been that spiteful, even when I didn’t have a pot to piss in."

This.

If NHS staff need to work extra hours during an unprecedented pandemic to help save lives (and God forbid get paid overtime for it!) that's fine by me. Anyone who's resentful is a bit of a prick tbh. BTW, I'm currently struggling for work despite decent qualifications and loads of experience in my role. Not once have I sat at home bemoaning NHS workers, Amazon staff etc getting overtime. There are some seriously sad, angry people out there.

By *orkswatcherMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

Your right people across the road where the first ones out every Thursday clapping away, then every weekend had parties and BBQ with friends around.

By *exy7Man  over a year ago

Bristol

This was just a craze. Most NHS people didn’t like it.

Maybe this time people will clap for teachers.

This.

If NHS staff need to work extra hours during an unprecedented pandemic to help save lives (and God forbid get paid overtime for it!) that's fine by me. Anyone who's resentful is a bit of a prick tbh. BTW, I'm currently struggling for work despite decent qualifications and loads of experience in my role. Not once have I sat at home bemoaning NHS workers, Amazon staff etc getting overtime. There are some seriously sad, angry people out there. "

Calm down calm down no need to get angry!

By *cloversCouple  over a year ago

Hull

This.

If NHS staff need to work extra hours during an unprecedented pandemic to help save lives (and God forbid get paid overtime for it!) that's fine by me. Anyone who's resentful is a bit of a prick tbh. BTW, I'm currently struggling for work despite decent qualifications and loads of experience in my role. Not once have I sat at home bemoaning NHS workers, Amazon staff etc getting overtime. There are some seriously sad, angry people out there. "

Not had one bit of overtime but lots of unpaid hours, hours to claim back etc, etc & I guess lots of my colleagues up & down the country will say the same thing. This isn't new to us - no lunch, leaving work late etc etc - its been this way for years.

We are tired, we are struggling, our mental & physical health is suffering, we put ourselves & our families at risk everyday - and have done for the last 7 mths & there is no end in sight for us.

So for anyone enjoying any part of their life with whatever they have then bloody good for them! If people want to be jealous for anything a key worker has than so be it.

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

"Anymore? "

Do you???

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

"Anymore? "
because it was a pretty patronising thing to do in the first place wasn't it? .. particularly as they were refused a pay rise and then MPs ended up getting a pay rise of over 3k a year ..

"Anymore? because it was a pretty patronising thing to do in the first place wasn't it? .. particularly as they were refused a pay rise and then MPs ended up getting a pay rise of over 3k a year .. "

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

"My my aren't we

All a bunch of jaded angry cynics.

I think we are missing something in a generation of " me first" and the selfish attitude by a massive percentage of the population.

I think for a brief period it injected a sense of togetherness and humanity. "

Just this.

We moved into the area two years ago, we finally got talking to the neighbours due to this.

It's just like this taking the knee at football matches, when does that stop, no one dare stop it or they will be called racist...... there ive said what loads of others are thinking,...... get's crash helmet !!!"

No comparison. That's done in front of audiences of millions, many of whom need to be made aware that racism won't be tolerated. Though it is certainly not the only way to fight racism, players of all ethnicities taking the knee in solidarity of that message makes it loud and clear for those who need to hear it, and every time I hear someone say "No one dare stop it for being called racist" it's clear that it needs to continue for as long as it takes to eradicate that mindset.

Whole streets going outside of their homes and clapping for the NHS - some bringing pots and pans or even fireworks to turn it into the ultimate neighborhood pissing contest - and then immediately returning to their living rooms to watch Strictly and putting the proverbial finger in the ear to issues like better pay for healthcare workers, on the other hand, was like something out of a Brass Eye sketch.

By *argaret James200TV/TS  over a year ago

Birmingham

Why was it meaningless? I clapped because I appreciated the job they were doing , it probably went on to long and shouldn’t be done again but it wasn’t ‘meaningless’ "

You think, out of my family we have a Consultant, an ITU nurse a hospital porter and I'm a retired medic we stopped after the third week. Our neighbours were out each night clapping then had a street BBQ on sat night, the only family not at it was us, we were trying to sleep. That gratitude.

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

We should start clapping for teachers next. Surrounded by minging kids with no concept of hygiene or social distancing, riddled with disease.

By *argaret James200TV/TS  over a year ago

Birmingham

"We should start clapping for teachers next. Surrounded by minging kids with no concept of hygiene or social distancing, riddled with disease. "

SORRY, what country is Chesterfield in, Ethiopia.

"

So what you are saying in effect is that it was the physical manifestation of virtue signalling.

I'd have to agree with you there.

"We should start clapping for teachers next. Surrounded by minging kids with no concept of hygiene or social distancing, riddled with disease.

SORRY, what country is Chesterfield in, Ethiopia. "

If you don’t realise that there are children who have not been taught hygiene by their parents, who are under-nourished and carry infections then I’m afraid you’ve not been paying attention.

By *ir-spunk-alotMan  over a year ago

south coast

"

Wow, any sane person who has lost their job would not feel jealous or resentful towards NHS workers. How shallow.

By *arlomaleMan  over a year ago

darlington

I think it’s because they found another bandwagon to jump on

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

There's a clap for delivery drivers planned for tomorrow.

Somewhen between 9am and 5pm.

E

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"We should start clapping for teachers next. Surrounded by minging kids with no concept of hygiene or social distancing, riddled with disease. "

What a sad individual.

"There's a clap for delivery drivers planned for tomorrow.

E"

Clapping for the NHS and having an elderly man feel it necessary to walk for a fundraiser for the NHS says a lot. Nurses pay review was axed during that period and MPS voted to increase their own... In my mind it's an absolute insult. (and yes, I work within the NHS) the tories have undercut so much to line their own pockets. But never mind that, bang your pots and pans together, show the NHS nurse down the road relying on a food bank you support her... Its going to get a lot worse before it gets better and real finding changes are needed, not gimmicks.

By *ohnny2006Man  over a year ago

worcester

"Anymore? "

Because it's lame empty virtue signalling without actually doing anything of value.

The South

E

"

Some of my best work there.

E

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Clapping for the NHS and having an elderly man feel it necessary to walk for a fundraiser for the NHS says a lot. Nurses pay review was axed during that period and MPS voted to increase their own... In my mind it's an absolute insult. (and yes, I work within the NHS) the tories have undercut so much to line their own pockets. But never mind that, bang your pots and pans together, show the NHS nurse down the road relying on a food bank you support her... Its going to get a lot worse before it gets better and real finding changes are needed, not gimmicks. "

Spot on

Without taking away from what he has done,I think it detracts from asking questions about 6 year pay feezes and people swallow their bullshit about being valued.

liverpool

E"

By *edbath 5Man  over a year ago

london

"It was good the first time then then politicians hijacked it to distract us from the reality of overworked, underpaid frontline staff. Our applause was a poor substitute for proper remuneration and lulled into a sense of gratitude rather than anger against the politicians for underpaying frontline staff. Applause butters no parsnips. "

You sound the sort who would have slagged them off for not clapping.

By *inkyguymkMan  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

I never gave any NHS worker the clap.

I promise.

E"

"

I think the first time it was good at getting people out of their houses and acknowledging their neighbours. A kind of war time spirit that we were all in it together. Much like the rainbows in windows.

It descended into virtue signalling banging pans and allsorts of shite and became pointless.

That's exactly what I thought at the time to start with

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Couldn't agree more!

By *ensualguy70TV/TS  over a year ago

Renfrew

Couldn't agree more!"

Yes me too. I think it was when the Government were using the NHS to overinflate the figures of covid cases admitted to hospital and to say how much of a brilliant job the NHS were doing, but when it came down to tbe front line staff saying give us a pay rise, the Government thought fuck that and stopped using the NHS to promote Covid 19 to justify restrictions on the public.

Now they rely on medically qualified experts to justify lock downs, Hancock and Witty, Ferguson and Cummings for example

By *etsomeMan  over a year ago

birmingham

It was all propoganda - although some are too naive to think a British government would stoop to such things. They forget the 45 minute dodgy dossier

By *ee And MikeCouple  over a year ago

Cannock

Totally agree, they were just doing the job they are paid to do.

Cannock

"

Sorry but you are pissing in the wind !

We’ve managed to run up a debt bigger than that of the Second World War and that took 60 years to pay off, you are looking at a very long time of austerity and no pay rises for the public sector with tax revenues also being reduced with larger unemployment figures !

By *essiCouple  over a year ago

suffolk

And they deserve one too "

Exactly

liverpool

We’ve managed to run up a debt bigger than that of the Second World War and that took 60 years to pay off, you are looking at a very long time of austerity and no pay rises for the public sector with tax revenues also being reduced with larger unemployment figures !"

Whilst letting molliionires and multi nationals pay buttons in tax.

Cannock

We’ve managed to run up a debt bigger than that of the Second World War and that took 60 years to pay off, you are looking at a very long time of austerity and no pay rises for the public sector with tax revenues also being reduced with larger unemployment figures !

Whilst letting molliionires and multi nationals pay buttons in tax."

Isn’t that the way with our country !

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

never went out and clapped.rrallly couldnt see the point.instead i made sure i was available to a childhood freind who is a nurse.and wen she wanted to ring up for a bitch or a cry about the situation i would listen to her let of steam then try to cheer her up.

Because their tik tok videos from the frontline really weren't that great

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

We’ve managed to run up a debt bigger than that of the Second World War and that took 60 years to pay off, you are looking at a very long time of austerity and no pay rises for the public sector with tax revenues also being reduced with larger unemployment figures !"

The public sector has had to deal with austerity for years, so covid is just another hurdle, albeit a worrying one, to overcome as far as the majority of them are concerned.

Most, if not all, councils have assorted investment plans in place in order to continue essential front line services.

liverpool

Whilst letting molliionires and multi nationals pay buttons in tax.

Isn’t that the way with our country !"

Only Cos we let it

As an nhs worker, I was very uncomfortable with the clapping thing. As were all of my colleagues I spoke to about it. This isn’t Stalin’s Russia...

And people will always want more pay - that’s a given. So the people saying “pay them more” - well, with what? The country’s economy is fucked for the next 10-20 years...!

I'm sure NHS workers wouldn't be happy about the clapping. They are doing there job and while the current situation means that this puts them at far higher risk than usual, we never clapped for fire fighters who are putting themselves at risk on a daily basis.

I couldn't be more grateful to the NHS staff at the hospital where my wife passed away from Covid. I don't know how they manage,I've spoken to doctors while my wife was critical who have been struggling to hold back their tears.

Sadly I do feel that the entire system has let a lot of people down as my wife only went into hospital because of an infection in some sores that only got infected because the clinic that was treating her closed in March and left her to fend for herself. She then contracted covid on the ward.

It does look as though they have prioritised covid over everything else and the lack of attention to the rest of society is a major cause of the second wave. The figures suggest that the number of cases being contracted inside hospitals is horrifying, especially as the people that are being admitted already have health issues, so the most vulnerable are being sent to the front line. My local hospital have had 200 cases caught in their wards and 50 deaths, with neighbouring hospitals reporting similar figures. Crossing the road just got like Russian roulette.

Because I think people have realised it's an empty gesture and that the government should be giving them a pay rise instead.

"Clapping for the NHS and having an elderly man feel it necessary to walk for a fundraiser for the NHS says a lot. Nurses pay review was axed during that period and MPS voted to increase their own... In my mind it's an absolute insult. (and yes, I work within the NHS) the tories have undercut so much to line their own pockets. But never mind that, bang your pots and pans together, show the NHS nurse down the road relying on a food bank you support her... Its going to get a lot worse before it gets better and real finding changes are needed, not gimmicks. "

Well said.

I think a few people in this thread could do with reading this, particularly the ones who don't seem to understand the parameters of a 'meaningless gesture'.

Of course we've managed to run up a debt bigger than the second world war, the second world war ended in 1945. That's 75 years of inflation.

"As an nhs worker, I was very uncomfortable with the clapping thing. As were all of my colleagues I spoke to about it. This isn’t Stalin’s Russia...

And people will always want more pay - that’s a given. So the people saying “pay them more” - well, with what? The country’s economy is fucked for the next 10-20 years...!"

Don't fall for that old trick mate. We were told there was no more money for extended furlough, support for the self-employed, feeding hungry children etc. Yet in the last week we've found money for all of that.

I'm by no means an expert in economics, but here's an example of how much spare cash actually exists: Over a 3 month period in 2016, in the US, Britain and the Eurozone; investment in wealth producing goods was calculated at 3.4 (€) trillion. During that same period 5.1 trillion was sloshing around in our financial institutions doing absolutely nothing except inflating stock exchanges and bidding up house prices.

The money is there. Governments largely refuse to use it first and foremost and secondly they refuse to tax the corporations who hoard wealth and pay obscene bonuses to shareholders.

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

You’ve got to be pretty messed up in the head if you have something against the people who are risking their lives on a daily basis to look after the sick."

liverpool

"As an nhs worker, I was very uncomfortable with the clapping thing. As were all of my colleagues I spoke to about it. This isn’t Stalin’s Russia...

And people will always want more pay - that’s a given. So the people saying “pay them more” - well, with what? The country’s economy is fucked for the next 10-20 years...!

Don't fall for that old trick mate. We were told there was no more money for extended furlough, support for the self-employed, feeding hungry children etc. Yet in the last week we've found money for all of that.

I'm by no means an expert in economics, but here's an example of how much spare cash actually exists: Over a 3 month period in 2016, in the US, Britain and the Eurozone; investment in wealth producing goods was calculated at 3.4 (€) trillion. During that same period 5.1 trillion was sloshing around in our financial institutions doing absolutely nothing except inflating stock exchanges and bidding up house prices.

The money is there. Governments largely refuse to use it first and foremost and secondly they refuse to tax the corporations who hoard wealth and pay obscene bonuses to shareholders."

Spot on.

The money is there when its suits them.

And people will always want more pay - that’s a given. So the people saying “pay them more” - well, with what? The country’s economy is fucked for the next 10-20 years...!"

Funny what we can always find money for and what we can’t. Funny how we keep believing the government when they tell us there’s no money for this and that. Funny that we have to endure austerity and national debt rose by 50%. Funny that the government thought the only way to clear debt was to cut public spending to the bone rather than collect more tax from massive corporations.

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

Or toast or lovely, fresh garden peas.

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

Funny what we can always find money for and what we can’t. Funny how we keep believing the government when they tell us there’s no money for this and that. Funny that we have to endure austerity and national debt rose by 50%. Funny that the government thought the only way to clear debt was to cut public spending to the bone rather than collect more tax from massive corporations."

T 'money tree' May was able to find one Billion for the DUP in exchange for their 9 votes in parliament.

I think you guys are in another world if you think the colossal amount of money thrown at COVID can be absorbed. I am simply being a realist - a pay rise that would actually make any difference to every one of the 1.5 million members of the NHS would be an eye watering bill. And if you tax corporations heavily they just go to another country and you end up with less than you had in the first place. Corbynomics doesn’t work!!

"I think you guys are in another world if you think the colossal amount of money thrown at COVID can be absorbed. I am simply being a realist - a pay rise that would actually make any difference to every one of the 1.5 million members of the NHS would be an eye watering bill. And if you tax corporations heavily they just go to another country and you end up with less than you had in the first place. Corbynomics doesn’t work!!"

Well...Fab is definitely the right place for a bootlicker such as yourself, that's all I have to say.

The South

"It was all propoganda - although some are too naive to think a British government would stoop to such things. They forget the 45 minute dodgy dossier"

Propaganda?

Who started this campaign of propaganda and to what end?

E

By *andlingswingersCouple  over a year ago

Woodbridge

And they deserve one too "

This government doesn't think so. They specifically voted against it. While voting for a pay rise for themselves.

Never mind - this will be commented on as 'the politics of envy' by the usual posters.

The South

And they deserve one too

This government doesn't think so. They specifically voted against it. While voting for a pay rise for themselves.

Never mind - this will be commented on as 'the politics of envy' by the usual posters. "

The green arrow suggests that's a dig at me.

I hardly think the two thread subjects are remotely similar.

So no, not giving NHS workers a pay rise has bugger all to do with the politics of envy.

E

I didn't clap during the first one was always driving during it but I did think everyone looked kinda stupid stood on there door step clapping and then after a few weeks people were dancing and clapping in the street then I saw a female with a microphone and speaker singing in the street but by far the best street I saw was on a council estate where they were loads of people sat drinking in the street having a mini party no social distancing while clapping.

Of course we've managed to run up a debt bigger than the second world war, the second world war ended in 1945. That's 75 years of inflation."

That's exactly what I was thinking but I've no idea how the figures stack taking 75 years of inflation into account

By *uyinuMan  over a year ago

Scotland/Yorkshire

"

They where giving out badges?

I never got one

liverpool

"I think you guys are in another world if you think the colossal amount of money thrown at COVID can be absorbed. I am simply being a realist - a pay rise that would actually make any difference to every one of the 1.5 million members of the NHS would be an eye watering bill. And if you tax corporations heavily they just go to another country and you end up with less than you had in the first place. Corbynomics doesn’t work!!"

Letting the rich do whatever they want whilst shitting on people who save lives on a daily basis.

Yep that gets a thumbs up from me.

Do you clap at Asda after being served by the key worker

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

As many nurses will tell you..

They would feel more appreciated with a fair and proper pay rise.

Thursday nights started by a member of public who cared, which was then hijacked by the clown in number 10 who needed the nurses that saved his life, yet did nothing to right the wrongs of pittance Conservstive pay rises over the last 10 years since.

Every nurse I know eventually found it insulting seeing that baffoon clapping like a derranged Sea Lion on TV every Thursday night.

Has he since put made any suggestiin of fair pay rises since? NO.

It was not about government.. it was people showing aporeciation..

They deserve both "

This

» Add a new message to this topic