FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > How are you feeling?

How are you feeling?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

With a potential lockdown looming?

Personally I’m dreading it. I’m lonely enough as it is.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *orthern PowerhouseMan  over a year ago

Chesterfield

Honestly? Not good about it but nobody really wants it i am sure.

Its worrying how long it could last though that's troubling me.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

Disappointed. The fact that we are heading for another lockdown indicates a failure of Covid policy and preparation.

There will be a lot of people who will suffer because of it

By *hatterbox 2Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

it wont solve anything the last full lockdown didnt

By *orthern PowerhouseMan  over a year ago

Chesterfield

"it wont solve anything the last full lockdown didnt"

They only work if everyone follows them and as a society many don't.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

Why do you think that ?

It worked exactly as intended...

By *irginieWoman  over a year ago

Near Marlborough

I’m dreading it. It’s been tough. I am committed to doing the right thing but living alone with my daughter has been challenging. We live in the countryside so we have had more freedom than many. And (for now) I have an income. I live in fear of that changing.

V x

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS  over a year ago

Whitstable

Constipated ...

Which is probably a good thing once the loo rolls disappear from the supermarket shelves.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Didn't the infection rates, hospitisations and deaths reduce considerably?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

You didn't do any statistical analysis on the levels of infection and deaths we'd have had without it?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Bad the last week has been the worst for me never suffered with anxiety or anything now I don't want to leave the house I did find the first lockdown bad but think the stress has just built up

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Pissed off that all the good work by many, has been undone by the selfish few.

I had so much planned for this year, all written off. I can't plan for next year but I haven't lost anyone, so I do count myself lucky.

Bit worried as I was shielding before hope they won’t do it again

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

It’s poop!!!!!

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

I don't feel too bad. I think like a lot of people I get a bit low living on my own. Some people won't like another lockdown but I think its a good idea.

The problem will be people who think they know better who won't follow rules ( even people on her proud to say they have been meeting and ignoring lockdown is really VERY selfish ..It means that nothing changes or has any likelihood of changing .

It's particularly hard to keep seeing people, breaking rules when its happening in families who all go out to see other people when they already have plenty of company and are not isolated. Neighbours on my street in and out of each others houses all the time since the Summer .. really not clever .I have been more or less isolated and not gone out of my house since March this year . I wonder how many people can understand how that feels?

If we are being honest I think any new lockdown needs to come with strict £ /custodial sentence sanctions for breaking the rules and that will be good for everyone eventually people might get the message

if it's just another pile of 'advice' from the government then people will ignore it again saying it wont work etc

It sounds like I am thinking in a sneaky punishing way about all this .. but my own truth is this .

If we keep having lockdowns people like me will eventually give up on life because there will be very little point having one if it just means another year of being alone again. Imagine for a second being on your own for 8 months with no family , pets or friends and just a TV for company ? that's how lots of us have had to get by and it is not very easy I can tell you!

Everyone who mocks the decision made to lockdown needs to think less about themselves, their £, their pub and going out and more about how continuing to ignore the rules are hurting lots of people who follow them . Some of us can not manage without some form of social interaction for much longer .. Already people are defending their rights to have a 'family' Christmas inviting inlaws and friends etc this new lockdown will be used to support that I would suggest no one should be even considering that! why cant people just stay in their own homes follow the rules and just get through this it really is very upsetting for lots of people who have to deal with the consequences .. SO this afternoon when you are told to stay at home .. can people please STAY AT HOME! its not that hard and might stop a lot of already struggling people from getting very ill or frankly just not being here and on the end of a rope by the new year .. it is that serious a problem for a lot of people right now ..if only everyone would realise.. stay safe and follow the rules everyone

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"it wont solve anything the last full lockdown didnt

Didn't the infection rates, hospitisations and deaths reduce considerably? "

But then the idiot bag burst

stafford

Its because people refuse to follow the rules properly .. if they did .. we might find things will work .. with luck government will make it so hard not to follow the rules that everyone has to comply ..

"it wont solve anything the last full lockdown didnt

Didn't the infection rates, hospitisations and deaths reduce considerably? "

Yes

"Its because people refuse to follow the rules properly .. if they did .. we might find things will work .. with luck government will make it so hard not to follow the rules that everyone has to comply .. "

Including the government! So can you blame people

Terrible, lonely, confused, anxious, depressed. There I’ve admitted it

I don't mind it although i missed seeing family but then we used to meet outside. I do provide childcare for a grandchild and that will continue. I worked through all of lockdown bar a month so i expect to work still anyway. The one part that worries me is that i had the shielding letter last time (although i didnt shield but im more nervous this time.

stafford

"Its because people refuse to follow the rules properly .. if they did .. we might find things will work .. with luck government will make it so hard not to follow the rules that everyone has to comply ..

Including the government! So can you blame people "

Sory but that's a kind of childish response . I personally dont care what they do as they are mostly corrupt anyway! .. there are physically not many of them to impact too much there's a shit load more of us though who ALL need to follow the rules!

By *s Fussy BiatchWoman  over a year ago

"Terrible, lonely, confused, anxious, depressed. There I’ve admitted it "

You won't be alone in those feelings

By *rufinWoman  over a year ago

notts

if i don't have to listen to people who think lockdown is going to make it all go away - fine, whatever

the hardest part is having to put up with the misunderstanding about lockdown. this virus isn't going anywhere, for us in the UK. you can catch covid now, next week, next month or next year. lockdown = catch it a bit later on

"Terrible, lonely, confused, anxious, depressed. There I’ve admitted it

You won't be alone in those feelings "

I’m sure you’re right. It’s hard to admit but I can only speak for myself.

ive just done 2 weeks self isolation

as been looking after grandson who tested positive he lost his mam to virus in april

i was then kept in for 4 months as in vunerable group

just started to get on with a bit of normalish life

should be going on hol next week

life sucks ,but things sent to try us

at least we are thankful we are still here alive and kicking

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Its going to be tough... Going to be easier if we are all a bit more tolerant, a bit kinder, a bit more understanding and compassionate... We can do this.

And better if we do it together.

Well shit has got shitter I just need to be able to go out and walk in right now.

Stay strong people! If you need some company or to message someone on here just for a chat make sure you do it. Being alone/lonely can be a task. Find a friend on here if you need too even if it's just to say hello and doesn't need to be sexually related. It's a cliche but it is good to talk. Xx

"Stay strong people! If you need some company or to message someone on here just for a chat make sure you do it. Being alone/lonely can be a task. Find a friend on here if you need too even if it's just to say hello and doesn't need to be sexually related. It's a cliche but it is good to talk. Xx "

I personally think fab is one of the worst places to seek company if you’re feeling down. I don’t mean to be a twat about it.

By *rx1Couple  over a year ago

Torridge Area of Devon

A National Lockdown won’t stop some of the Fuckwits on here.....They will still meet and still advertise it on their Statuses and put on a verification as Webcam, but actually describing they actually met for Sex.

We should have a National Blocking campaign, oust them off the site

Honestly, I'm normally up beat and get on with things, but today feel teary as I haven't seen my mum this year and just feel a bit worn down.

I saw a guy on the TV today who openly admitted he had left his area in Tier 3 to go to a Bookies and pub in a different area. I was absolutely livid. Selfish people have caused a lot of this imo. He should be fined and I flipping hope he lost shit loads of money on his bets.

Luckily and I know it’s selfish but lockdown makes no difference to our life’s whatsoever so it’s all good here but hoping you all get through the next month ok and stay safe and happy.

T

By *s Fussy BiatchWoman  over a year ago

"Terrible, lonely, confused, anxious, depressed. There I’ve admitted it

You won't be alone in those feelings

I’m sure you’re right. It’s hard to admit but I can only speak for myself.

"

I'm emotionally & mentally up & down with it all & yes some feelings are harder to admit to

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Bit sad about it all.

Kind of resigned to it though and will have to work through it anyway.

It’s a boring time of year so will keep busy with other things and push through.

I'm doing alright just lit log burner going to take dog a walk shortly and then might see if the dog wants to play scrabble....I always win so that makes me happy.

By *rx1Couple  over a year ago

Torridge Area of Devon

"Honestly, I'm normally up beat and get on with things, but today feel teary as I haven't seen my mum this year and just feel a bit worn down.

I saw a guy on the TV today who openly admitted he had left his area in Tier 3 to go to a Bookies and pub in a different area. I was absolutely livid. Selfish people have caused a lot of this imo. He should be fined and I flipping hope he lost shit loads of money on his bets. "

Saw that too, firstly he tried to make out, no one explained the rules to him, then admitted he travelled to the neighbouring County to have a pint. Then when challenged, he said the rules were there to be broken.....twat...

"I'm doing alright just lit log burner going to take dog a walk shortly and then might see if the dog wants to play scrabble....I always win so that makes me happy. "

Do you want to swap dogs. Mine keeps beating me.

"I'm doing alright just lit log burner going to take dog a walk shortly and then might see if the dog wants to play scrabble....I always win so that makes me happy.

Do you want to swap dogs. Mine keeps beating me."

That's the bonus off my jackrussel soft as muck but thick as fuck

"Honestly, I'm normally up beat and get on with things, but today feel teary as I haven't seen my mum this year and just feel a bit worn down.

I saw a guy on the TV today who openly admitted he had left his area in Tier 3 to go to a Bookies and pub in a different area. I was absolutely livid. Selfish people have caused a lot of this imo. He should be fined and I flipping hope he lost shit loads of money on his bets.

Saw that too, firstly he tried to make out, no one explained the rules to him, then admitted he travelled to the neighbouring County to have a pint. Then when challenged, he said the rules were there to be broken.....twat..."

Yes, yes he did. He couldn't give a toss. God it has really pissed me off. A grown man who thought it was funny.

stafford

I saw a guy on the TV today who openly admitted he had left his area in Tier 3 to go to a Bookies and pub in a different area. I was absolutely livid. Selfish people have caused a lot of this imo. He should be fined and I flipping hope he lost shit loads of money on his bets. "

Its wrong isn't it .. this disregard everyone has which is keeping everyone in this situation of not being able to see loved ones . The guy wants to be fined for sure and maybe even a good a 'shoeing too tbh . He might understand the situation a bit better then ! and like you I hope he lost his bets!

"Stay strong people! If you need some company or to message someone on here just for a chat make sure you do it. Being alone/lonely can be a task. Find a friend on here if you need too even if it's just to say hello and doesn't need to be sexually related. It's a cliche but it is good to talk. Xx

I personally think fab is one of the worst places to seek company if you’re feeling down. I don’t mean to be a twat about it. "

I know what you mean. It can be a bit hard to chat and get noticed but hopefully most can get to talk to someone if needed.

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

What a bloody carry on this is.

We don't think there should be a lockdown. The financial impact and emotional impact on people is going be huge.

All this for a virus that didn't even feature in the top ten reasons for deaths in September. It's crazy.

"Stay strong people! If you need some company or to message someone on here just for a chat make sure you do it. Being alone/lonely can be a task. Find a friend on here if you need too even if it's just to say hello and doesn't need to be sexually related. It's a cliche but it is good to talk. Xx

I personally think fab is one of the worst places to seek company if you’re feeling down. I don’t mean to be a twat about it.

I know what you mean. It can be a bit hard to chat and get noticed but hopefully most can get to talk to someone if needed. "

The inevitable ignorance and rejection is likely to make someone who feels they NEED company, worse. In my opinion. I would recommend a different outlet where there is a different type of anonymity if you feel you NEED company. I speak from my own experience.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

am sposed to be starting back at work three days a week on monday.if travel is stopped thats just about my job finished.was quiet happy to be getting back to work.oh well sure i will find out whats going on soon

Selfishly I'm fine with it.

Very little will change for me.

"With a potential lockdown looming?

Personally I’m dreading it. I’m lonely enough as it is. "

Already halfway through lockdown here in Wales

Feeing optimistic

8 days to go

"What a bloody carry on this is.

We don't think there should be a lockdown. The financial impact and emotional impact on people is going be huge.

All this for a virus that didn't even feature in the top ten reasons for deaths in September. It's crazy."

Pissed off but for selfish reasons really. Can’t meet friends, kids can’t meet their friends, can’t go away etc. Doesn’t really affect me more than that really so I can’t complain too much I never stopped working anyway. It’s more my kids I feel for.

By *randmrsc30Couple  over a year ago

Leeds

Massively depressed my husband is a key worker working in renewable energy and works all the hours going and I’ll be home with 3 children or alone. I have been all over the place today I knew it was coming and now I’m so panicky I could cry

"Massively depressed my husband is a key worker working in renewable energy and works all the hours going and I’ll be home with 3 children or alone. I have been all over the place today I knew it was coming and now I’m so panicky I could cry

"

Oh no I’m sorry. Are they not school age?

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"Pissed off but for selfish reasons really. Can’t meet friends, kids can’t meet their friends, can’t go away etc. Doesn’t really affect me more than that really so I can’t complain too much I never stopped working anyway. It’s more my kids I feel for. "

We've not been able to do any of that frankly at all, because we went from national lockdown, to me isolating for surgery, to super duper local lockdown just as I recovered, to tier 3 and now this. So, it actually makes fuck all difference to be honest, apart from no kiddies trampoline Sunday am after this week. Oh, am just able to restart socially distanced wheelchair basketball training but that's on Thursdays so no chance it'll go ahead this week for ages. It's going to make work obscenely stressful (even more) but will in practice make almost no difference to our day to day lives. That's how boring and shit our lives have been

"Massively depressed my husband is a key worker working in renewable energy and works all the hours going and I’ll be home with 3 children or alone. I have been all over the place today I knew it was coming and now I’m so panicky I could cry

"

I’ve had a cry tonight too. Hugs xxx

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

I personally feel alright about it, my family and I decided at end of august we would very unlikely see each other again this year, so we’ve already dealt with that mentally.

I’ve a couple of friends I talk to daily and we keep each other going; memories of the past and future keeps me going, as well as laughter with my lad who has mostly adapted and took this all in his stride.

I feel for those that live on their own, with no contact with anyone, they need the support to get through this

Leeds

I’ve had a cry tonight too. Hugs xxx"

Thank you! Hugs to you too xxx

Leeds

Oh no I’m sorry. Are they not school age? "

Thank you xxx Two are but one is 2 and she’s really giving it some at the moment and one has autism so can be extremely trying at times. I’ve felt beside myself since this started but every time I get used to it it changes again. I really don’t deal well with change and I didn’t know that until this started. Xx

I’m lucky in a way as I have a lovely home with big garden but I have no income except universal credit and I’m trying to sell the house.

I’m fearing financial disaster as well as loneliness.

Leeds

"I’m lucky in a way as I have a lovely home with big garden but I have no income except universal credit and I’m trying to sell the house.

I’m fearing financial disaster as well as loneliness. "

I’m so sorry to hear that. Xx

Leeds

I live 5 mins from the Humber bridge and they are having about 3 people a day attempting to jump. The desperation is so so sad

Massively bad anxiety all day.. pissed off as self employed and now won’t be able to work. Just moved into a new place. Epic timing!

I just hold out hope it really is only going to be 4 weeks and we can get through it.

Sending love to everyone xx

Oh no I’m sorry. Are they not school age?

Thank you xxx Two are but one is 2 and she’s really giving it some at the moment and one has autism so can be extremely trying at times. I’ve felt beside myself since this started but every time I get used to it it changes again. I really don’t deal well with change and I didn’t know that until this started. Xx"

I have one with autism too. I feel your pain. It’s really not easy. I don’t tend to talk about it much because nobody gets it unless they’re living it. If you ever need to chat or rant feel free because I do understand xx

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

Well it didn't come as a complete surprise but still rather disheartening.

I tend to concentrate on what I can fix, rather than fret about things outside of my control though, and that keeps me looking forwards...

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

Other side of the coin. Looking forward to it.

We're finding working from home excellent for concentration, focus and productivity.

Everything we need can be ordered online.

We have our own personal workspaces so can close our doors during work hours.

Meet at lunch, then back to our rooms again. Have more energy due to lack of commuting. Saved loads. Use video conf tools when we want to meet friends.

Not missed going out at all tbh,

Some friends though are not coping well and we feel really sorry for them

By *isa2018Couple  over a year ago

East Northamptonshire

On a personal note, not an issue as just means S and me with more time on our own in a big house.

On a business note, more uncertainty and difficult decisions to make for our staff to get through another period of reduced trade for one of our businesses.

By *urious_Female89Woman  over a year ago

great yarmouth

Quite apprehensive really, I was fine during the summer lock-down, even embraced it with walking in lovely scenery, feeling empathy and connected to others. But with Winter looming and the sudden changes of rules etc at any given time I can't relax.. just hoping that it helps the spread and people won't be too affected by it.. but that isn't looking hopeful

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

I feel the same as you it will be more stressfull than before because of the seasonal weather.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Quite apprehensive really, I was fine during the summer lock-down, even embraced it with walking in lovely scenery, feeling empathy and connected to others. But with Winter looming and the sudden changes of rules etc at any given time I can't relax.. just hoping that it helps the spread and people won't be too affected by it.. but that isn't looking hopeful "
Sadly have to agree with you we have to stay as strong as we can

[Removed by poster at 31/10/20 22:06:15]

"Massively bad anxiety all day.. pissed off as self employed and now won’t be able to work. Just moved into a new place. Epic timing!

I just hold out hope it really is only going to be 4 weeks and we can get through it.

"

That thought crossed my mind tonight.....is it actually only going to be 4 weeks?

November will be my 3rd month living on my own for the first time ever! Hopefully can continue working this time as (so far) no mention of me closing but will know more when the governing bodies know!

I'll keep my chin up and keep going and smiling! Nothing I can do to change it so have picked out some very obscure things to learn ...

Dreading it, hoping it is just the 4 weeks

Dreading working in this again

It was dreadful

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Im feeling a bit sick atm. We're taking my son back to college, to a shared house with 5 others tomorrow. He usually comes home at weekends when hes there, but I'm not sure he can. He was on furlough all the way through

Can't say I enjoy this control freak. I just coughed ooh I got virus or was it disease or.. The talk show hosts. Giving graphic detail about how I should not be spreading my...

Butter on toast.

I can see shops running out of bog roll

I've seen covid project last till 2025

» Add a new message to this topic