FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Suck it up buttercup ?

Suck it up buttercup ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eddy and legs OP   Couple  over a year ago

the wetlands

We reap what we sow .....

Pity for those that listened though.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"We reap what we sow .....

Pity for those that listened though."

Yep, so sad that yet again there have been too many people not taking this seriously. Despite all the efforts of those of us that have followed the guidance, the me me me, I want I want I want brigade have done more damage than we could compensate for.

Like you said, we reap what we sow

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Local status page shows at least 2 women going dogging, and one inviting strangers to her house for drugs and sex!

They need kicking off here!

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

"Local status page shows at least 2 women going dogging, and one inviting strangers to her house for drugs and sex!

They need kicking off here! "

My local area is the same and been the same most of the year.

"Local status page shows at least 2 women going dogging, and one inviting strangers to her house for drugs and sex!

My local area is the same and been the same most of the year. "

They are obviously idiots

Just report them though nothing might happen

the wetlands

I doubt 20000 infection a day are due to dogging, but yes everyone needs to take a long hard look in the mirror.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Just report them though nothing might happen "

Its fine. Already getting abuse in a pvt message. Fed up of trying to get people to do the RIGHT thing.

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

There are people on Fab openly admitting they are not bothered and have carried on meeting. It’s unfair to the ones who have been following the rules.

By *aintscoupleCouple  over a year ago

st helens

Problem is the same people who have payed no attention to the rules will still carry on doing the same even when there is a lockdown.

Absolutely agree, there needs to be a significantly harder line on people who are absolutely determined to break the law and put others lives at risk.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

Yes. The vast majority listened to government advice and followed it very closely. Obviously it ain't worked.

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

But it’s going up right across Europe. Even Germany. Is it really down to some people not following the rules?

Football and rugby teams flying around Europe, F1 also.

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

Yes. The vast majority listened to government advice and followed it very closely. Obviously it ain't worked."

"But it’s going up right across Europe. Even Germany. Is it really down to some people not following the rules?

"

Don’t take away the op,s hobby. It keeps him going.

Absolutely agree, there needs to be a significantly harder line on people who are absolutely determined to break the law and put others lives at risk."

Pretty much 50% of my local update feed is women looking for meets or sending out messages implying they've just had a meet. One I added to my block list was putting out daily meet requests.

And just seen a post about people having fun at a club as well... prepare to be in this for the long haul guys

st helens

Yes. The vast majority listened to government advice and followed it very closely. Obviously it ain't worked."

You really believe that the vast majority of people have followed the advice.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Yes. The vast majority listened to government advice and followed it very closely. Obviously it ain't worked.You really believe that the vast majority of people have followed the advice. "

When I go out the vast majority of people are wearing masks and social distancing

The pubs and restaurants are quiet

People are breaking the rules.

But no where near the majority.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

There are more than enough who come in here who think it's a big conspiracy lie.

People who can't get what they want will continue to scream for it, hence why we may see people repetitively post for the same thing that others won't give them

The only way you will ever get people to behave themselves is to make the punishment to horrible to bear. Brutul even. Something which people will think. It's not worth breaking the rules for. Now I don't know what punishment that could be. It's not for me to say. Any ideas anyone?

the wetlands

Yes. The vast majority listened to government advice and followed it very closely. Obviously it ain't worked.You really believe that the vast majority of people have followed the advice.

When I go out the vast majority of people are wearing masks and social distancing

But no where near the majority."

Unfortunately it doesn't take too many for the R to be above 1

it was never going to completely vanish.. there has to be a certain amount of mixing

My local area is the same and been the same most of the year. "

It’s all over the place and they’re even brazen enough to post about the meets afterwards!! We’ve become a self entitled, selfish society ... and that makes me sad

Yes. The vast majority listened to government advice and followed it very closely. Obviously it ain't worked.You really believe that the vast majority of people have followed the advice.

.....but its the minority that ruin it for the majority...dont you get it yet!!

NW London

But no where near the majority......but its the minority that ruin it for the majority...dont you get it yet!!"

That minority is not big enough to have caused the spike in cases all by itself.

That minority is only big enough to get itself pictured in the tabloids for people to make knee jerk, scapegoating remarks about

st helens

We also live in the liverpool region and its far from just the minority who are paying no attention to the advice!

But no where near the majority......but its the minority that ruin it for the majority...dont you get it yet!!

That minority is not big enough to have caused the spike in cases all by itself.

That minority is only big enough to get itself pictured in the tabloids for people to make knee jerk, scapegoating remarks about"

Oh come on it’s purely coincidental that the cases soared after schools and universities went back. It’s purely coincidental that cases soared after workers were told to go back into the office.

The virus ignored the people on the beaches and parks in June. It ignored them in the pubs in July and August. But once September came along they were fair game.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

My local area is the same and been the same most of the year.

They are obviously idiots "

liverpool

But no where near the majority.We also live in the liverpool region and its far from just the minority who are paying no attention to the advice!"

The simple fact that people breaking the rules makes front page headlines, suggests it's not the majority everywhere.

Absolutely agree, there needs to be a significantly harder line on people who are absolutely determined to break the law and put others lives at risk.

Pretty much 50% of my local update feed is women looking for meets or sending out messages implying they've just had a meet. One I added to my block list was putting out daily meet requests.

And just seen a post about people having fun at a club as well... prepare to be in this for the long haul guys "

its crazy how pre covid it was thread after thread from men that couldnt find women ... now its apparently entire local update threads of women all trying to get their hole illegally

advice for men of fab .., start a global pandemic you will be drowning in pussy

liverpool

And just seen a post about people having fun at a club as well... prepare to be in this for the long haul guys

its crazy how pre covid it was thread after thread from men that couldnt find women ... now its apparently entire local update threads of women all trying to get their hole illegally

advice for men of fab .., start a global pandemic you will be drowning in pussy "

NW London

But no where near the majority......but its the minority that ruin it for the majority...dont you get it yet!!

That minority is only big enough to get itself pictured in the tabloids for people to make knee jerk, scapegoating remarks about

Oh come on it’s purely coincidental that the cases soared after schools and universities went back. It’s purely coincidental that cases soared after workers were told to go back into the office.

The virus ignored the people on the beaches and parks in June. It ignored them in the pubs in July and August. But once September came along they were fair game."

The climate plays a part, it's also much less likely to catch covid outdoors. Plus, there was still plenty of space to socially distance on the beaches and in the parks

The virus ignored the people on the beaches and parks in June. It ignored them in the pubs in July and August. But once September came along they were fair game.

The climate plays a part, it's also much less likely to catch covid outdoors. Plus, there was still plenty of space to socially distance on the beaches and in the parks "

I knew someone would say that and I knew they would ignore the fact pubs reopened in July.

NW London

The climate plays a part, it's also much less likely to catch covid outdoors. Plus, there was still plenty of space to socially distance on the beaches and in the parks

I knew someone would say that and I knew they would ignore the fact pubs reopened in July."

Pubs reopened with strict restrictions and controls in place. Plus the average person spends far less time in a pub than they would do in an indoor workplace or educational facility.

By *r J NorthwestMan  over a year ago

Warrington

I'm with you on the annoyance with those who didn't listen.

Based on things I've heard for coworkers and from somebody who works in a primary school, I'm not sure the vast majority are following closely. Maybe a majority, but I'm starting to wonder.. I wish it was, but many examples of "it's a stupid rule" and "we won't tell the school we are going on holiday to an isolation country and just send the kids back" and facebook posts of "7 friends around for drinks" and "we all are smart enough to know who to mix with (said by somebody who then tested positive 3 days later after a weekend away with friends who "didn't have it" sigh... and also by a coworker - but he thinks he knows more about everything than anybody else)

and a neighbour who is trying to figure out how they can stay within rules while 3 different people from different areas visit parents in another area

I knew someone would say that and I knew they would ignore the fact pubs reopened in July.

Pubs reopened with strict restrictions and controls in place. Plus the average person spends far less time in a pub than they would do in an indoor workplace or educational facility."

Ok I think we’re singing from the same hymns sheet.

"But it’s going up right across Europe. Even Germany. Is it really down to some people not following the rules?

Don’t take away the op,s hobby. It keeps him going."

This virus is smart.

If you sit down to have meal it leaves you alone because eating scares it.

But if you sit down to have a drink it's on you like a shot because it loves drinking.

if you and your workmate go off in your van together to do a job it leaves you alone because it hates work.

But if you invite your workmate into your house it's on you like a shot because it loves socialising.

How can we deal with such an intelligent thing ?

"This virus is smart.

But if you sit down to have a drink it's on you like a shot because it loves drinking.

if you and your workmate go off in your van together to do a job it leaves you alone because it hates work.

But if you invite your workmate into your house it's on you like a shot because it loves socialising.

How can we deal with such an intelligent thing ?"

Loves drinking, socialising, hates work and people having food in their stomachs? I'd say the way to deal with it is make it an MP. It would fit right in... oh wait did you say it's intelligent? Overqualified then...

By *ussex team upCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Sussex

the wetlands

"This virus is smart.

How can we deal with such an intelligent thing ?"

When you're eating you're not talking, less virus transmission

When your drinking you're talking, more virus transmission

When you travel with a mate in a van you do so to earn a living which is what most people calling for no lockdown want.

When you get a mate round for a drink your taking in necessary risks to spread the virus

Next ...........

The outraged out in force again I see. A virus is going to do what a virus will do. I bet every single person here moaning has done one, even one tiny thing that could cause transmission between others. Look very hard at yourselves before seeking to blame others. You don't have to bother telling me you havn't, I simply wont believe you

By *randmrsc30Couple  over a year ago

Leeds

The virus ignored the people on the beaches and parks in June. It ignored them in the pubs in July and August. But once September came along they were fair game."

[Removed by poster at 02/11/20 16:31:35]

[Removed by poster at 02/11/20 16:32:43]

"This virus is smart.

When you travel with a mate in a van you do so to earn a living which is what most people calling for no lockdown want.

When you get a mate round for a drink your taking in necessary risks to spread the virus

Next ..........."

When you’re drinking you’re talking.

Are you blaming ventriloquists for the spread now.

"The outraged out in force again I see. A virus is going to do what a virus will do. I bet every single person here moaning has done one, even one tiny thing that could cause transmission between others. Look very hard at yourselves before seeking to blame others. You don't have to bother telling me you havn't, I simply wont believe you "

I agree with you. There are some excruciatingly smug people on these threads. I find it so borish. I imagine the sensible people who do recognise that we are not all smarty pants would agree with me too.

the wetlands

"This virus is smart.

Next ...........

When you’re drinking you’re talking.

Are you blaming ventriloquists for the spread now."

"The outraged out in force again I see. A virus is going to do what a virus will do. I bet every single person here moaning has done one, even one tiny thing that could cause transmission between others. Look very hard at yourselves before seeking to blame others. You don't have to bother telling me you havn't, I simply wont believe you

I agree with you. There are some excruciatingly smug people on these threads. I find it so borish. I imagine the sensible people who do recognise that we are not all smarty pants would agree with me too."

Agreed on both statements.. this is getting ridiculous. A virus will do what a virus does best.. infect its victims. Seems a lot of ppl have forgotten what they were taught in biology.

I wonder.. how smart are you when you touch your purse/wallet, leave your home, go into the shop, sanitize your hands and then touch your purse/wallet again when you go to pay? Do you sanitize your hands after every time you cough into your hand at home? Where you then use your hands to touch numerous objects in your home? You bleach and sanitize every item youve just touched? Do you sanitize the sanitizer bottle?... lmao

"The outraged out in force again I see. A virus is going to do what a virus will do. I bet every single person here moaning has done one, even one tiny thing that could cause transmission between others. Look very hard at yourselves before seeking to blame others. You don't have to bother telling me you havn't, I simply wont believe you

I agree with you. There are some excruciatingly smug people on these threads. I find it so borish. I imagine the sensible people who do recognise that we are not all smarty pants would agree with me too.

Agreed on both statements.. this is getting ridiculous. A virus will do what a virus does best.. infect its victims. Seems a lot of ppl have forgotten what they were taught in biology.

I wonder.. how smart are you when you touch your purse/wallet, leave your home, go into the shop, sanitize your hands and then touch your purse/wallet again when you go to pay? Do you sanitize your hands after every time you cough into your hand at home? Where you then use your hands to touch numerous objects in your home? You bleach and sanitize every item youve just touched? Do you sanitize the sanitizer bottle?... lmao"

So what do you suggest? Do sod all and to hell with the casualties?

By *candiumWoman  over a year ago

oban

I've been following the rules as best I can, as far as I understand them. I've not seen anyone who isn't following them.

I don't agree with the rules and it feels wrong to follow them but c'est la.

"So what do you suggest? Do sod all and to hell with the casualties?"

Its a virus that spreads via transmission of particulates, whether thats airborn transmission or physical contact and exchange of fluids. Theres really not an awful lot you can do without taking EXTREME measures.. even then taking such measures every single day.. every minute that passes during this pandemic is absurd.. ppl complain about not having the time to reply to all their messages on this site.. how do you feel about sanitising and bleaching everything your home on a daily basis? And thats just your home.. that doesnt include every surface and object outside of your home.. which by the way.. ppl will have to sanitize.. every day.. after every use. So to put it frankly.. its completely unrealistic.

All i can suggest is to let the virus run its course, do our best to protect those who are high risk of fatality, and carry on with our lives. Its mother nature and no matter what we try to do.. she WIll do her job. Its insane to even think that we have the capacity to slow her down to a near stand still without taking such EXTREME measures as i just described to you.

Theres being realistic.. and then theres being straight up absurd. Lockdown and continuous lockdowns are absurd as we are destroying so much more than the virus could ever accomplish had we just let it run its course. Not only have ppl doed from the virus but weve officially fucked our economy.. destroyed businesses ppl soent their lives building up.. ppl commiting suicide cos they cant continue like this.. how much more collateral damage needs to be done before ppl start opening their eyes to reality.

liverpool

"So what do you suggest? Do sod all and to hell with the casualties?

Its a virus that spreads via transmission of particulates, whether thats airborn transmission or physical contact and exchange of fluids. Theres really not an awful lot you can do without taking EXTREME measures.. even then taking such measures every single day.. every minute that passes during this pandemic is absurd.. ppl complain about not having the time to reply to all their messages on this site.. how do you feel about sanitising and bleaching everything your home on a daily basis? And thats just your home.. that doesnt include every surface and object outside of your home.. which by the way.. ppl will have to sanitize.. every day.. after every use. So to put it frankly.. its completely unrealistic.

All i can suggest is to let the virus run its course, do our best to protect those who are high risk of fatality, and carry on with our lives. Its mother nature and no matter what we try to do.. she WIll do her job. Its insane to even think that we have the capacity to slow her down to a near stand still without taking such EXTREME measures as i just described to you.

Theres being realistic.. and then theres being straight up absurd. Lockdown and continuous lockdowns are absurd as we are destroying so much more than the virus could ever accomplish had we just let it run its course. Not only have ppl doed from the virus but weve officially fucked our economy.. destroyed businesses ppl soent their lives building up.. ppl commiting suicide cos they cant continue like this.. how much more collateral damage needs to be done before ppl start opening their eyes to reality. "

Havent a few other countries handled it quite well?

Theres being realistic.. and then theres being straight up absurd. Lockdown and continuous lockdowns are absurd as we are destroying so much more than the virus could ever accomplish had we just let it run its course. Not only have ppl doed from the virus but weve officially fucked our economy.. destroyed businesses ppl soent their lives building up.. ppl commiting suicide cos they cant continue like this.. how much more collateral damage needs to be done before ppl start opening their eyes to reality. "

The problem with your approach is that it is impossible to isolate the vulnerable whilst letting the virus rip through the rest of the population. The number in the vulnerable catergory is huge, locking them all away will still tank the economy. Then there are those who are vulnerable but don't know it. Then of course you have the outlying people who aren't vulnerable bit will die anyway. Not then forgetting those that get the disease, don't die but are left with permanent lifelong damage. All because people didn't like having to have parts of their lives compromised for a short while for the good of the community. If there was greater adherence to the guidelines and laws, there would be less need for lockdowns. The more people "rebel" the greater they make the very problem they don't like. It becomes a self propagating fuck up.

"Havent a few other countries handled it quite well?"

In terms of slowing the rate of infection? Some have, yes.. though at what long term costs? And whos to say that a vaccine will work when the virus could mutate? Some ppl have already been reported as being infected twice now. It hasnt even been a single year since lockdown began and look at how much collateral damage has been caused. This virus wont just suddenly decide its quitting infecting ppl and die off. Its likely the virus will continue to infect for many years, and like i said, could mutate and and a vaccine could be worthless.

As cold as this sounds.. it simply boils down to survival of the fittest. Thats how nature has always worked and theres nothing we can do to stop mother nature from doing what she does best. Ppl nees to start facing reality. Its a bitter pill to swallow but life is never fair and mother nature takes no sides

"The problem with your approach is that it is impossible to isolate the vulnerable whilst letting the virus rip through the rest of the population. The number in the vulnerable catergory is huge, locking them all away will still tank the economy. Then there are those who are vulnerable but don't know it. Then of course you have the outlying people who aren't vulnerable bit will die anyway. Not then forgetting those that get the disease, don't die but are left with permanent lifelong damage. All because people didn't like having to have parts of their lives compromised for a short while for the good of the community. If there was greater adherence to the guidelines and laws, there would be less need for lockdowns. The more people "rebel" the greater they make the very problem they don't like. It becomes a self propagating fuck up."

Isolate those who are obviously at high risk.. we cant predict who 'could' be.

The economy will still take a hit but not to this extent.. something is still better than nothing.

As with any statistic there will always be unfortunate losses.. theres a spectrum for everything.

Ppl get sock and have lifelong damage from all sorts.. there are ppl who are left paralyzed or dead as a result of reckless driving yet ppl dont get up in arms this much when so many inexperienced drivers are left on the road or carry on texting on their phones or driving under influence

Its not about rebelling against personal liberties being compromised.. its about taking in a broader perspective of the entire situation and considering all options rather than knee-jerking and screwing everything up for everyone and causing greater collateral damage than the initial problem will ever cause

By *rincess PhoenixWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

I get messages every day asking me to meet which I won't and now I'm getting people asking me to meet before lockdown starts on Thursday!

wigan

"This virus is smart.

Next ..........."

30 years! 30 years (possibly 32?) and all the experience you have and you think people having a meal don’t talk, before during and after? .... next!

"The problem with your approach is that it is impossible to isolate the vulnerable whilst letting the virus rip through the rest of the population. The number in the vulnerable catergory is huge, locking them all away will still tank the economy. Then there are those who are vulnerable but don't know it. Then of course you have the outlying people who aren't vulnerable bit will die anyway. Not then forgetting those that get the disease, don't die but are left with permanent lifelong damage. All because people didn't like having to have parts of their lives compromised for a short while for the good of the community. If there was greater adherence to the guidelines and laws, there would be less need for lockdowns. The more people "rebel" the greater they make the very problem they don't like. It becomes a self propagating fuck up.

Isolate those who are obviously at high risk.. we cant predict who 'could' be.

The economy will still take a hit but not to this extent.. something is still better than nothing.

As with any statistic there will always be unfortunate losses.. theres a spectrum for everything.

Ppl get sock and have lifelong damage from all sorts.. there are ppl who are left paralyzed or dead as a result of reckless driving yet ppl dont get up in arms this much when so many inexperienced drivers are left on the road or carry on texting on their phones or driving under influence

Its not about rebelling against personal liberties being compromised.. its about taking in a broader perspective of the entire situation and considering all options rather than knee-jerking and screwing everything up for everyone and causing greater collateral damage than the initial problem will ever cause"

There are literally millions of people in the vulnerable category in the UK alone. They simply cannot all be isolated. So immediately your idea falls flat. Then, when they do inevitably get sick, are you suggesting that they are denied hospital treatment? If not, what do you propose to do about all the people who are sick for other reasons who now cannot be treated as there is no room left, not to mention the lack of staff as unfortunately quite a few of them were vulnerable, so are now either locked away or are patients. The survival of the fittest you are advocating ignores every human advancement we have made for centuries to help people lead better, longer and healthier lives. The consequences of your approach would be utterly devastating in ways you clearly don't appreciate. Yes the fight against Corona is hard and extremely unpleasant, however it is absolutely something that can be conquered with time and human research. I do not and will not accept that simply throwing my hands up in the air, going I can't be bothered to try, cause at least it's not likely to affect me too bad, and condemning millions to death or lifelong imprisonment is the best way to deal with this.

"There are literally millions of people in the vulnerable category in the UK alone. They simply cannot all be isolated. So immediately your idea falls flat. Then, when they do inevitably get sick, are you suggesting that they are denied hospital treatment? If not, what do you propose to do about all the people who are sick for other reasons who now cannot be treated as there is no room left, not to mention the lack of staff as unfortunately quite a few of them were vulnerable, so are now either locked away or are patients. The survival of the fittest you are advocating ignores every human advancement we have made for centuries to help people lead better, longer and healthier lives. The consequences of your approach would be utterly devastating in ways you clearly don't appreciate. Yes the fight against Corona is hard and extremely unpleasant, however it is absolutely something that can be conquered with time and human research. I do not and will not accept that simply throwing my hands up in the air, going I can't be bothered to try, cause at least it's not likely to affect me too bad, and condemning millions to death or lifelong imprisonment is the best way to deal with this."

Youre making an assumption as a summary of an underlying statement to my opinion.. "throw my hands up in the air.. i cant be bothered to try". How wrong you are. Do i wear a face mask in public places and avoid close proximity? Yes i do.. Have i limited/stopped my social interactions on the basis that it is safer? Yes i have. Do i use the provided sanitizer when i enter said public places? Yes i do.. so yes i have bothered to try. However im also realistic to the broader picture and see that these lockdowns are far more destructive to our civilisation as a whole. This virus wont just disappear any time soon and the repercussions of lockdowns for the entirety it is still infecting and killing.. years? Decades? Could bring about the collapse of our modern way of life as we know it.. regardless if there is a vaccine as viruses can mutate.. they can overpower a vaccine.. almost to the extent that it cannot be vaccinated and prevented from infecting. This is the first year the virus has been spreading on a global scale. Theres no telling how long it will last and how it could develop in the years to come.

I also never said that ppl should be denied treatment, youre just making assumptions to try discredit my approach and opinion. If there is no room left, establish temporary medical centers to treat those with the virus and move as many there as possible to relieve our hospitals for medical situations such as injuries and other health issues. Recruitment drives to bolster the ranks of medical staff and simply provide only the necessary training to give aid to patients with the virus.. im no viral pandemic contingency consultant but has the government really done much to do these simple things to counter the virus?

You say my approach will be utterly devastating.. do you actually know the figures of the number of ppl who have died so far? Have you compared them to the figures of other fatalities caused by other issues such as road traffic accidents, cancer, alcohol abuse, cancers caused by cigarettes, suicides caused by poor mental health, war and conflict and many more? Many of these things can be easily addressed to reduce the loss of life and with some effort but not so much that itll destroy our economy and cause further problems that will be felt for years to come. Whats being done about them? How much effort is being put into preventing the loss of life as a result of those things ive listed? Yet this virus clearly hasnt even come close to killing even a quarter of the number of dead each year as a result of those issues.. so why is this a bigger problem than the rest of them?

And you say that you cannot accept condemning millions to lifelong imprisonment.. is that you agreeing that this virus may never go away? Then surely lockdowns are not the answer regardless if there is a vaccine or not as the vaccine may not be a guaranteed cure for it.. we simply havent given enough time to see if that is the case or not. And ppl will get infected regardless if theyre an office admin or a nurse in a hospital.. its a virus ffs you simply cannot stop it from spreading without taking the absolute extreme and unthinkable measures.

Would you be happy knowing that the infections will be prevented to a minimum and keep the number of deaths as low as possible if marshal law was enforced for the next 5 years? Would you be happy knowing the vast majority of businesses and companies will be forced to close down with no guaranteed of ever being reopened and production of goods restarted? Would you be happy knowing that unemployment will reach and unprecedented scale as a result of jobloss? Would you be happy knowing tens of thousands of ppl will commit suicide as they can no longer tolerate living under marshal law and prevented from having the vast majority of lifes luxuries and comforts for 5 years? 10 years? Maybe many many more?

If you want to exaggerate the consequences of my approach.. so can i in regards to yours.. but i wonder if you can continue living like this or worse for the next 10 years if it comes to that

wigan

"There are literally millions of people in the vulnerable category in the UK alone. They simply cannot all be isolated. So immediately your idea falls flat. Then, when they do inevitably get sick, are you suggesting that they are denied hospital treatment? If not, what do you propose to do about all the people who are sick for other reasons who now cannot be treated as there is no room left, not to mention the lack of staff as unfortunately quite a few of them were vulnerable, so are now either locked away or are patients. The survival of the fittest you are advocating ignores every human advancement we have made for centuries to help people lead better, longer and healthier lives. The consequences of your approach would be utterly devastating in ways you clearly don't appreciate. Yes the fight against Corona is hard and extremely unpleasant, however it is absolutely something that can be conquered with time and human research. I do not and will not accept that simply throwing my hands up in the air, going I can't be bothered to try, cause at least it's not likely to affect me too bad, and condemning millions to death or lifelong imprisonment is the best way to deal with this.

Youre making an assumption as a summary of an underlying statement to my opinion.. "throw my hands up in the air.. i cant be bothered to try". How wrong you are. Do i wear a face mask in public places and avoid close proximity? Yes i do.. Have i limited/stopped my social interactions on the basis that it is safer? Yes i have. Do i use the provided sanitizer when i enter said public places? Yes i do.. so yes i have bothered to try. However im also realistic to the broader picture and see that these lockdowns are far more destructive to our civilisation as a whole. This virus wont just disappear any time soon and the repercussions of lockdowns for the entirety it is still infecting and killing.. years? Decades? Could bring about the collapse of our modern way of life as we know it.. regardless if there is a vaccine as viruses can mutate.. they can overpower a vaccine.. almost to the extent that it cannot be vaccinated and prevented from infecting. This is the first year the virus has been spreading on a global scale. Theres no telling how long it will last and how it could develop in the years to come.

I also never said that ppl should be denied treatment, youre just making assumptions to try discredit my approach and opinion. If there is no room left, establish temporary medical centers to treat those with the virus and move as many there as possible to relieve our hospitals for medical situations such as injuries and other health issues. Recruitment drives to bolster the ranks of medical staff and simply provide only the necessary training to give aid to patients with the virus.. im no viral pandemic contingency consultant but has the government really done much to do these simple things to counter the virus?

You say my approach will be utterly devastating.. do you actually know the figures of the number of ppl who have died so far? Have you compared them to the figures of other fatalities caused by other issues such as road traffic accidents, cancer, alcohol abuse, cancers caused by cigarettes, suicides caused by poor mental health, war and conflict and many more? Many of these things can be easily addressed to reduce the loss of life and with some effort but not so much that itll destroy our economy and cause further problems that will be felt for years to come. Whats being done about them? How much effort is being put into preventing the loss of life as a result of those things ive listed? Yet this virus clearly hasnt even come close to killing even a quarter of the number of dead each year as a result of those issues.. so why is this a bigger problem than the rest of them?

And you say that you cannot accept condemning millions to lifelong imprisonment.. is that you agreeing that this virus may never go away? Then surely lockdowns are not the answer regardless if there is a vaccine or not as the vaccine may not be a guaranteed cure for it.. we simply havent given enough time to see if that is the case or not. And ppl will get infected regardless if theyre an office admin or a nurse in a hospital.. its a virus ffs you simply cannot stop it from spreading without taking the absolute extreme and unthinkable measures.

Would you be happy knowing that the infections will be prevented to a minimum and keep the number of deaths as low as possible if marshal law was enforced for the next 5 years? Would you be happy knowing the vast majority of businesses and companies will be forced to close down with no guaranteed of ever being reopened and production of goods restarted? Would you be happy knowing that unemployment will reach and unprecedented scale as a result of jobloss? Would you be happy knowing tens of thousands of ppl will commit suicide as they can no longer tolerate living under marshal law and prevented from having the vast majority of lifes luxuries and comforts for 5 years? 10 years? Maybe many many more?

If you want to exaggerate the consequences of my approach.. so can i in regards to yours.. but i wonder if you can continue living like this or worse for the next 10 years if it comes to that"

Theres being realistic.. and then theres being straight up absurd. Lockdown and continuous lockdowns are absurd as we are destroying so much more than the virus could ever accomplish had we just let it run its course. Not only have ppl doed from the virus but weve officially fucked our economy.. destroyed businesses ppl soent their lives building up.. ppl commiting suicide cos they cant continue like this.. how much more collateral damage needs to be done before ppl start opening their eyes to reality.

Havent a few other countries handled it quite well?"

Which ones in Europe please ?

the wetlands

"

Reindeer balls anyone

liverpool

"

Care to point out where I said 'other countries in Europe have handled in better than us'

But if you asked gernany for a start have handled in much more decisively than us.

They actually have a leader who turns up for meetings which is also a bonus.

"There are literally millions of people in the vulnerable category in the UK alone. They simply cannot all be isolated. So immediately your idea falls flat. Then, when they do inevitably get sick, are you suggesting that they are denied hospital treatment? If not, what do you propose to do about all the people who are sick for other reasons who now cannot be treated as there is no room left, not to mention the lack of staff as unfortunately quite a few of them were vulnerable, so are now either locked away or are patients. The survival of the fittest you are advocating ignores every human advancement we have made for centuries to help people lead better, longer and healthier lives. The consequences of your approach would be utterly devastating in ways you clearly don't appreciate. Yes the fight against Corona is hard and extremely unpleasant, however it is absolutely something that can be conquered with time and human research. I do not and will not accept that simply throwing my hands up in the air, going I can't be bothered to try, cause at least it's not likely to affect me too bad, and condemning millions to death or lifelong imprisonment is the best way to deal with this.

If you want to exaggerate the consequences of my approach.. so can i in regards to yours.. but i wonder if you can continue living like this or worse for the next 10 years if it comes to that"

The simple answer is yes, if our fundamental way of life needs to change to deal with this virus, then yes I accept that. The old "normal" is absolutely not possible at this moment in time, and until things change, it will never be. I know this virus is here for a significant period of time, but if we can develop the correct treatments and inoculations then it can be solved. I would argue that your method is actually the more extreme, as you clearly cannot grasp that to manage an unchecked pandemic would take more resources than we possibly have without decades of pre preparation. I am fully aware of the death tolls from the other causes you mentioned, however you fail to recognise that none of them are contagious, the Covid death toll is where it it, because of unprecedented action. Without that it would be even more horrific. We agree that you cannot lock people away, however I accept that this comes at a price for everyone, not just those who are most at risk. Society must adapt, part of that is accepting that life is now different until we can get this under control. The quicker we can do that, the better for everyone's mental health, businesses and general wellbeing. Lockdowns are not the permanent solution, however they are the best tool we have right now given that the virus is getting out of hand again the the UK. They should be hard, but short. Extracting the maximum benefit from reduced interaction in the shortest time. However that seemingly also needs to come this enforcement as asking people to adhere to rules clearly isnt working.

By *andKBCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

Im sorry yes some people didn't follow the rules but let's point out some things which the government have done which left to this!!

Allowing universities back without testing students beforehand.

Allowing holidays!! Movement causes the virus to spread. People going abroad was how to arrived last time. We learned nothing! Yes people won't follow quaretine after holiday rules and they were stupid to believe they would!! They weren't exactly doing much to enforce it either!!

Track and trace!! Its a shambles purely and simply. I tested positive during my weekly tests at work, despite feeling well. Not only did my test take FOUR days to come back by the time track trace bothered to contact me id done it all!!

Coming up with silly rules like the pub curfew which led to more people gathering at one time upon leaving.

Don't get me wrong plenty of people don't follow the rules but its not all the fault of the public. Thats what the government want people turning on each other. Rather than blaming them!!

"Im sorry yes some people didn't follow the rules but let's point out some things which the government have done which left to this!!

Allowing holidays!! Movement causes the virus to spread. People going abroad was how to arrived last time. We learned nothing! Yes people won't follow quaretine after holiday rules and they were stupid to believe they would!! They weren't exactly doing much to enforce it either!!

Track and trace!! Its a shambles purely and simply. I tested positive during my weekly tests at work, despite feeling well. Not only did my test take FOUR days to come back by the time track trace bothered to contact me id done it all!!

Coming up with silly rules like the pub curfew which led to more people gathering at one time upon leaving.

Don't get me wrong plenty of people don't follow the rules but its not all the fault of the public. Thats what the government want people turning on each other. Rather than blaming them!!"

Just to point something out about holidays. Last time people returnef from a highly infected Northern Italy to an uninfected UK.

This time round people may be returning from a country where infection rates are significantly lower than the UK and have less chance of being infected than the local population.

By *andKBCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

"Im sorry yes some people didn't follow the rules but let's point out some things which the government have done which left to this!!

Don't get me wrong plenty of people don't follow the rules but its not all the fault of the public. Thats what the government want people turning on each other. Rather than blaming them!!

Just to point something out about holidays. Last time people returnef from a highly infected Northern Italy to an uninfected UK.

This time round people may be returning from a country where infection rates are significantly lower than the UK and have less chance of being infected than the local population. "

Spain was already showing high rates of infection when it was allowed.

Also the whole holiday thing... if people are travelling from here and are infected. They then sit on a plane, go through an airport, etc it still increases the risk of infection spreading.

New Zealand stemmed the virus by restricting travel and movement. Once people move the virus moves with them that was more my point

Care to point out where I said 'other countries in Europe have handled in better than us'

But if you asked gernany for a start have handled in much more decisively than us.

They actually have a leader who turns up for meetings which is also a bonus."

Well it would appear the Covid torture for Germany is not over by any means. Bit early to decide if locking down early actually achieved the success we laud them for. possibly 5 years to early before we can look back and say " didn't they do well".

This time round people may be returning from a country where infection rates are significantly lower than the UK and have less chance of being infected than the local population.

Spain was already showing high rates of infection when it was allowed.

Also the whole holiday thing... if people are travelling from here and are infected. They then sit on a plane, go through an airport, etc it still increases the risk of infection spreading.

New Zealand stemmed the virus by restricting travel and movement. Once people move the virus moves with them that was more my point "

I'm just pointing out that the situation now, with out of control infections in the UK, is a far different scenario to the first time around when we started off with no infections.

Yes I agree. Shutting down the borders and quarantining incoming in January would have been brilliant.

Doing it now is shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.

There is a 1 in 27 million chance of contracting the virus on a plane. If those odds were present in the UK, with a population of 68.8 million we would have less than 3 new infections per day instead of 25 000.

We are focusing on a handful of passengers while we continue to send our kids to school...

» Add a new message to this topic