FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > New Lockdown

New Lockdown

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *k82 OP   Man  over a year ago

Walthamstow

Has anyone heard ?

Month long

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Doesn’t include wales. We’ll be coming out of a 2 week lockdown on the 9th

Walthamstow

"Doesn’t include wales. We’ll be coming out of a 2 week lockdown on the 9th "

This is madness now

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Yes. I've heard.

England = From Thursday a Lockdown. Not schools or unis tho.......

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Doesn’t include wales. We’ll be coming out of a 2 week lockdown on the 9th

This is madness now"

Is it ? What would you have done oh covid lord ?

It might be feeling our way through it as it happens but its not madness.

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

What a bloody carry on this is.

The financial impact and emotional impact on people is going be huge.

All this for a virus that didn't even feature in the top ten reasons for deaths in September.

By *uffnsmovCouple  over a year ago

Leeds/Wakefield

"Yes. I've heard.

England = From Thursday a Lockdown. Not schools or unis tho......."

Teachers will be raging that they have to stay at work, protests from NUT in coming

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

"What a bloody carry on this is.

All this for a virus that didn't even feature in the top ten reasons for deaths in September. "

I would say its a ' carry on' because people keep breaking the rules .. Secondly, the 'stats' we see about deaths are fudged ( 28 days waiting for etc) compared to the ones we saw at the beginning which arguably were not fudged that much.

The government have not dealt with this properly from the start as far as I can see.Lockdowns should have been real, strictly enforced and punished for non-compliance.. due to non-compliance the virus continues to grow which costs the economy £.

The government thought it would be brief and it isn't going to be brief.. Now they are running out of money so introduced a 'Tier' system to try and save some which was never going to work . Now England is once again out of step with the rest of the country and is running low on funds to compensate workers . Which unfortunately a huge amount of people in the UK foolishly voted for :/

Most people won’t adhere to the new lockdown , nothing will change this will become the new normal, we will have lockdowns then everything will open up then another lockdown etc etc

By *alldarksurreyMan  over a year ago

surrey

And the panic buying commences once again

By *rufinWoman  over a year ago

notts

doubt it

This is madness now"

What did you expect???

For months we've been warning this would happen. The virus hasn't caused this. The government hasn't caused this.

The entitled, selfish Covid-19 deniers and their million and one bullshit facts have caused this. Going for a pissup with their mates was more important than avoiding a second lockdown. They must be so proud now. They should be made to dig the graves for those who died for their arrogance.

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

"Most people won’t adhere to the new lockdown , nothing will change this will become the new normal, we will have lockdowns then everything will open up then another lockdown etc etc "

We've just been saying that is this going to be the new 'norm' for the next few years. In and out of lockdown every few months. It will do more harm than good in the long run for people and the economy.

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

Its a load of rubbish this lock down ,the main hospital near me has 4 cases..

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

This is madness now

What did you expect???

For months we've been warning this would happen. The virus hasn't caused this. The government hasn't caused this.

The entitled, selfish Covid-19 deniers and their million and one bullshit facts have caused this. Going for a pissup with their mates was more important than avoiding a second lockdown. They must be so proud now. They should be made to dig the graves for those who died for their arrogance. "

Think I’m going to pop a note through my neighbours door telling them it’s their fault, we are tier two and they have had 8 different friends going inside their house the last 24 hours that I’ve noticed and I’m not nosey lol just they block my drive with their blooming cars grrrr!! this was the guy who started the NHS clapping in our area, his daughter moved in two weeks ago who goes to uni so thinking probably mainly her friends

"Its a load of rubbish this lock down ,the main hospital near me has 4 cases.."

Then best you start praying you aren't the 5th.

This is madness now

What did you expect???

The entitled, selfish Covid-19 deniers and their million and one bullshit facts have caused this. Going for a pissup with their mates was more important than avoiding a second lockdown. They must be so proud now. They should be made to dig the graves for those who died for their arrogance.

Think I’m going to pop a note through my neighbours door telling them it’s their fault, we are tier two and they have had 8 different friends going inside their house the last 24 hours that I’ve noticed and I’m not nosey lol just they block my drive with their blooming cars grrrr!! this was the guy who started the NHS clapping in our area, his daughter moved in two weeks ago who goes to uni so thinking probably mainly her friends

"

Well the argument was, no one is dying any more so why take measures.

Maybe those people will be happier now lots of people are dying.

This is madness now

What did you expect???

Maybe those people will be happier now lots of people are dying."

Lots of peopke are not dying!!!!! Sweet jesus

This is madness now

What did you expect???

Lots of peopke are not dying!!!!! Sweet jesus "

So it's only worth taking action if everyone dies?

Well done humanity.

326 people dying means nothing to you guys?

God help us.

"Most people won’t adhere to the new lockdown , nothing will change this will become the new normal, we will have lockdowns then everything will open up then another lockdown etc etc "

"And the panic buying commences once again "

Already started

I think this too.

And if they bring us out of lockdown for Christmas we will be back in it by Feb.

Christmas should be that last consideration when we are trying to deal with a pandemic

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

This is madness now

What did you expect???

Over 1200 in 5 days isn't enough what do you want ,....

Sweet Jesus?

Jesus said "Greater love hath no man than he lay down his life for another"

But most people in the UK wouldn't even wear a mask to save someone's life.

We suck.

This is madness now

What did you expect???

Lots of peopke are not dying!!!!! Sweet jesus

Over 1200 in 5 days isn't enough what do you want ,...."

Apparently everyone has to die.

By *ral ExtraordinaireMan  over a year ago

Kent

Eventually

This is madness now

What did you expect???

The entitled, selfish Covid-19 deniers and their million and one bullshit facts have caused this. Going for a pissup with their mates was more important than avoiding a second lockdown. They must be so proud now. They should be made to dig the graves for those who died for their arrogance. "

Glad someone else is awake and willing to say this. Brace yourself because anyone who has been saying this gets abuse from the idiots who are stupid enough to pretend it isn't the case.

Were still here and will continue to face this again and again because of the selfish idiots who think they're needs are more important than helping to curb the spread of this virus.

This is madness now

What did you expect???

How many people need to die before you care?

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

People move the virus.

It's simple.

By *ral ExtraordinaireMan  over a year ago

Kent

This is madness now

What did you expect???

The nhs overstreched would mean people would die ! Docs n nurses would eventually have choose who lives n dies which is what the gov dont want or the docs n nurses

By *he wanderer001Man  over a year ago

liverpool/everywhere

Does anyone know if hotels are included in this?

I have a log cabin booked and wondering if it’s still going to be open.

"Does anyone know if hotels are included in this?

I have a log cabin booked and wondering if it’s still going to be open."

I should imagine unless you were travelling for work.

My take is that it will fall under the bracket of hospitality, therefore it must close.

My take is that it will fall under the bracket of hospitality, therefore it must close."

You can still use hotels if travelling for work.

This is madness now

What did you expect???

Glad someone else is awake and willing to say this. Brace yourself because anyone who has been saying this gets abuse from the idiots who are stupid enough to pretend it isn't the case.

Were still here and will continue to face this again and again because of the selfish idiots who think they're needs are more important than helping to curb the spread of this virus."

Bring them on.

I will never stop caring for human beings and their right to life.

I will continue to shame the selfish idiots who have blood on their hands.

They can bring their stupid unverified "facts" and I will continue to fact check them.

Never shall I stop supporting our NHS and the heroes who we used to clap for but now we throw under the bus. And yes this government fixated on Brexit when there is a national health crisis shall not escape criticism, despite the fact so many worship them like Gods.

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

This is madness now

What did you expect???

40,854 to date, up 274 from yesterday.

I think you and I have a different interpretation of "a lot".

E

For those think that it's all about deaths, wake up. It's also been about the NHS capacity and the fact that mainy of the main services that the NHS provided have mostly been put on hold due to covid admissions. Routine operations, hospitalised treatments etc etc. Many have also died because of they were scared to go in to hospital for fear of catching it there.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It would have been more effective saving more lives and shorter, if we'd done it when the experts said to do it.

By *rs mischiefWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

"And the panic buying commences once again "

Oh please no... it was ridiculous

"And the panic buying commences once again

Oh please no... it was ridiculous "

It already has.

There was queues everywhere today.

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

"It would have been more effective saving more lives and shorter, if we'd done it when the experts said to do it. "

Yes but sadly the la la la la we're not listening brigade have put us back to the start once more.

Thats today for you.

By *j48Man  over a year ago

Wigan

IF it's voted through parliament next Wednesday, being debated from Monday..

It'll be interesting to see what happens

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Exactly

"It would have been more effective saving more lives and shorter, if we'd done it when the experts said to do it.

Yes but sadly the la la la la we're not listening brigade have put us back to the start once more.

Thats today for you."

Or the virus is following a natural pattern of coming in waves ?

No overnight stays unless it is for work.

"For those think that it's all about deaths, wake up. It's also been about the NHS capacity and the fact that mainy of the main services that the NHS provided have mostly been put on hold due to covid admissions. Routine operations, hospitalised treatments etc etc. Many have also died because of they were scared to go in to hospital for fear of catching it there.

"

Can you quantify the amount of people on the other side of the equation?

"It would have been more effective saving more lives and shorter, if we'd done it when the experts said to do it. "

What seems clear is that the government will not act until the figures are so close to disaster that they are forced to, they think they know better than the experts.

By *mooth Operator 07Man  over a year ago

in the deep mist of the valleys

BBC Wales report we will not follow the same path as England. Then again, i wouldn't be surprised if the Welsh minster changes his mind.

BBC Wales report we will not follow the same path as England. Then again, i wouldn't be surprised if the Welsh minster changes his mind."

He won't

Our fire break ends Nov 9th

Boris has dropped a huge bollock by missing halfterm

We have absolutely no reason whatsoever to follow that clown

Thank fuck

BBC Wales report we will not follow the same path as England. Then again, i wouldn't be surprised if the Welsh minster changes his mind.

He won't

Thank fuck"

Boris is a huge bollock...

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

"IF it's voted through parliament next Wednesday, being debated from Monday..

It'll be interesting to see what happens "

Of course it will pass parliament; all the Tories will sabre rattle and then as always fall into line behind Boris and even the labour MP's will back him ; it is not going to affect them is it ?

As for the rest of us, we will suffer queues, food shortages and inconvenience because all the fools who dont believe this is real didnt behave; and of course they still wont behave, they wil have their parties and meet their friends like they always have.

And through all this some of us will have to work !!!!

He won't

Thank fuck

Boris is a huge bollock... "

Understatement

By *0shadesOfFilthMan  over a year ago

nearby

Q: “will a month lockdown be enough “

Johnson: gibberish

Whitty: No

Of course it will pass parliament; all the Tories will sabre rattle and then as always fall into line behind Boris and even the labour MP's will back him ; it is not going to affect them is it ?

As for the rest of us, we will suffer queues, food shortages and inconvenience because all the fools who dont believe this is real didnt behave; and of course they still wont behave, they wil have their parties and meet their friends like they always have.

"

Bbbuuttt aren't we Sweden? How can this be happening?

By *ixenhixCouple  over a year ago

colchester

This is madness now

What did you expect???

I presume these 'idiots'have been on a tour of Europe. France, Germany, Belguim....Italy, Greece and Spain....I will go back to Germmany having to go back into Lockdown...Now they are renowned for being reckless rulebreakers arnt they?? Or is something else going on that we are missing?

This is madness now

What did you expect???

I presume these 'idiots'have been on a tour of Europe. France, Germany, Belguim....Italy, Greece and Spain....I will go back to Germmany having to go back into Lockdown...Now they are renowned for being reckless rulebreakers arnt they?? Or is something else going on that we are missing?"

Yes. This is the way to do it. Go to people who've got it wrong and emulate them...

Maybe they should tour Vietnam, New Zealand, Gran Canaria etc.

I've just come from GC where there are police roadblocks and people not wearing masks get huge fines. EVERYONE wears a mask. Just curiously these non-idiots have a declining Covid-19 rate. Coming back to the UK has been a shock. People just don't care and there are no consequences.

This is madness now

What did you expect???

I presume these 'idiots'have been on a tour of Europe. France, Germany, Belguim....Italy, Greece and Spain....I will go back to Germmany having to go back into Lockdown...Now they are renowned for being reckless rulebreakers arnt they?? Or is something else going on that we are missing?"

And....

If we are so clever why is our death rate so high?

The only thing we are "world beating" at is our ability to die from Covid-19. Maybe some people are proud of that but I'm not.

Here's a news flash. We are not special even though we think we are. We have to do all the things that other countries who have beaten the virus have done or face huge losses. Fact. Moan. Complain. Whinge like spoiled brats. The fact remains. Buckle down or face the consequences.

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

"

Bring them on.

I will never stop caring for human beings and their right to life.

I will continue to shame the selfish idiots who have blood on their hands.

They can bring their stupid unverified "facts" and I will continue to fact check them.

Never shall I stop supporting our NHS and the heroes who we used to clap for but now we throw under the bus. And yes this government fixated on Brexit when there is a national health crisis shall not escape criticism, despite the fact so many worship them like Gods."

By *mooth Operator 07Man  over a year ago

in the deep mist of the valleys

He won't

Thank fuck"

I agree, Boris had the opportunity to introduce the lockdown in the half term. Im just glad Wales followed a different path and we have a shorter lockdown period.

By *uminsiderMKMan  over a year ago

St Austell

Noticed a surge today in profile statuses clearly seeking meets before Thursday...

...."only three days left", "who's free before Thurs" etc...

This is madness now

What did you expect???

I presume these 'idiots'have been on a tour of Europe. France, Germany, Belguim....Italy, Greece and Spain....I will go back to Germmany having to go back into Lockdown...Now they are renowned for being reckless rulebreakers arnt they?? Or is something else going on that we are missing?

And....

The only thing we are "world beating" at is our ability to die from Covid-19. Maybe some people are proud of that but I'm not.

Here's a news flash. We are not special even though we think we are. We have to do all the things that other countries who have beaten the virus have done or face huge losses. Fact. Moan. Complain. Whinge like spoiled brats. The fact remains. Buckle down or face the consequences. "

Imagine what these whiners would’ve done in WWII? No Mr Nazi you can’t shoot me because it deprives me of my human rights.

Why should I have to wear a helmet anyway? But how will I cope on the battlefield with no gym? It’s just not fair... whine whine whine

By *ixenhixCouple  over a year ago

colchester

This is madness now

What did you expect???

And....

Here's a news flash. We are not special even though we think we are. We have to do all the things that other countries who have beaten the virus have done or face huge losses. Fact. Moan. Complain. Whinge like spoiled brats.

The fact remains. Buckle down or face the consequences. "

If an individual was happy to face the consequences would you find that an acceptable reason then?

By *atelotmanMan  over a year ago

Chatham

This is madness now

What did you expect???

Were still here and will continue to face this again and again because of the selfish idiots who think they're needs are more important than helping to curb the spread of this virus."

London

All this for a virus that didn't even feature in the top ten reasons for deaths in September. "

"....All this for a virus that didn't even feature in the top ten reasons for deaths in September...."

----------------------------

It didn't feature in the top ten reasons for deaths in September, because: we locked down from March to mid June, and we've had other restrictions in place since that time to date.

If we did nothing at all, the death toll would have been higher and more likely to be in the top ten reasons for deaths.

The decision taken today is also meant to curb the daily deaths which has jumped from 5 a day in July, to 367 on 27 October.

This is madness now

What did you expect???

And....

Here's a news flash. We are not special even though we think we are. We have to do all the things that other countries who have beaten the virus have done or face huge losses. Fact. Moan. Complain. Whinge like spoiled brats. The fact remains. Buckle down or face the consequences.

Imagine what these whiners would’ve done in WWII? No Mr Nazi you can’t shoot me because it deprives me of my human rights.

Why should I have to wear a helmet anyway? But how will I cope on the battlefield with no gym? It’s just not fair... whine whine whine"

My mum slept in the underground during the blitzkrieg. She stood in queues and had rations. Her father was a Japanese POW.

What she would have given for her worst hatdship to be to wear a mask and not have a pissup with her mates at the pub.

Here's my summary of the whiners on this forum. Spineless, crying babies who've always had their way with everything and throw their toys out of the cot for the tiniest disruption to their world. They would rather 100's of people die than they endure one bit of hardship themselves. The same people who defended our skies and beaches in WWII. I'm embarrassed and ashamed for them. That they continue to post and flaunt their ignorance as we head into a second lockdown is a sign they have no sense of decency whatsoever. Do they not see the curve and realise that THEY are the people behind all this???

St Austell

Under the previous lockdown restrictions, accommodation providers were only permitted to be open for key workers, 'residents' (ie. someone who permanently lives there), someone unable to live in their normal place of residence (eg., flooded or fire-damaged), etc...

....everyday workers (eg. reps) were NOT included, as under the rules they were meant to work from home - and it appears the new measures will pretty much be in line with the previous ones...

....holidays were not permitted, and won't be again - so unless you're a key worker staying there for work purposes, no, your log cabin will almost certainly be closed for the duration...

All this for a virus that didn't even feature in the top ten reasons for deaths in September.

"....All this for a virus that didn't even feature in the top ten reasons for deaths in September...."

It didn't feature in the top ten reasons for deaths in September, because: we locked down from March to mid June, and we've had other restrictions in place since that time to date.

If we did nothing at all, the death toll would have been higher and more likely to be in the top ten reasons for deaths.

The decision taken today is also meant to curb the daily deaths which has jumped from 5 a day in July, to 367 on 27 October."

All those lifeboats for a ship that might not sink. All those safety instructions for a plane that might not crash.

There were low deaths in summer because of restrictions at the end of winter.

The low deaths should have proved that restrictions work, not that they weren't neccesary.

A man who comes in from the pouring rain bone dry because he has an umbrella proves umbrellas are effective, not that rain can't make you wet...

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

It'll be interesting to see what happens "

There is a possibility that Bojo may not get the majority he needs to get this through, there are a number of Tory M.P.s who are well pissed of with the P,M. especially the Red Wall ones.

The financial implications of a lockdown are horrendous, we are already in a Recession it will not take much to turn that into a Depression, then the s@@t will really start to hit the fan.

And we still have not got Brexit sorted yet.

St Austell

"There is a possibility that Bojo may not get the majority he needs to get this through, there are a number of Tory M.P.s who are well pissed of with the P,M. especially the Red Wall ones.

The financial implications of a lockdown are horrendous, we are already in a Recession it will not take much to turn that into a Depression, then the s@@t will really start to hit the fan.

And we still have not got Brexit sorted yet. "

Haven't both Labour and Lib Dems leaders been calling for a 'circuit break'? Their parties will accordingly either vote in favour, or abstain...

There is a possibility that Bojo may not get the majority he needs to get this through, there are a number of Tory M.P.s who are well pissed of with the P,M. especially the Red Wall ones.

Tories will fall into line because that’s what Tories do.

Good. My hospital is over run with 180 cases so I’m all for it

the wetlands

"

A man who comes in from the pouring rain bone dry because he has an umbrella proves umbrellas are effective, not that rain can't make you wet..."

Nice one

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"There is a possibility that Bojo may not get the majority he needs to get this through, there are a number of Tory M.P.s who are well pissed of with the P,M. especially the Red Wall ones.

Haven't both Labour and Lib Dems leaders been calling for a 'circuit break'? Their parties will accordingly either vote in favour, or abstain..."

They have so I’ll be very surprised if this doesn’t go through

By *ichelle999Couple  over a year ago

leicester

"Well done humanity.

326 people dying means nothing to you guys?

God help us."

one death is to many

This a myth that has been perpetuated. That it's an either/or situation with economy vs lockdown.

The fact is countries worst hit economically are those that had the worst pandemic performance. Countries that locked down hard and fast are the ones who suffered the least economically.

In short we need to lock down and do it PROPERLY. Not half heartedly. The virus does not respond to lip service from politicians the way voters do...

"

A man who comes in from the pouring rain bone dry because he has an umbrella proves umbrellas are effective, not that rain can't make you wet...

Nice one

"

Just a shame it needed to be said at all

The South

"

You're right, the food shortages won't affect any MP of any party, or their families.

As we all know, MPs don't eat.

E

By *osweet69Couple  over a year ago

portsmouth

This is madness now

What did you expect???

And....

Why should I have to wear a helmet anyway? But how will I cope on the battlefield with no gym? It’s just not fair... whine whine whine

My mum slept in the underground during the blitzkrieg. She stood in queues and had rations. Her father was a Japanese POW.

What she would have given for her worst hatdship to be to wear a mask and not have a pissup with her mates at the pub.

Here's my summary of the whiners on this forum. Spineless, crying babies who've always had their way with everything and throw their toys out of the cot for the tiniest disruption to their world. They would rather 100's of people die than they endure one bit of hardship themselves. The same people who defended our skies and beaches in WWII. I'm embarrassed and ashamed for them. That they continue to post and flaunt their ignorance as we head into a second lockdown is a sign they have no sense of decency whatsoever. Do they not see the curve and realise that THEY are the people behind all this???"

Oh how the rightish crow Green arrow can be quite revealing

London

The decision taken today is also meant to curb the daily deaths which has jumped from 5 a day in July, to 367 on 27 October.

All those lifeboats for a ship that might not sink. All those safety instructions for a plane that might not crash.

There were low deaths in summer because of restrictions at the end of winter.

The low deaths should have proved that restrictions work, not that they weren't neccesary.

A man who comes in from the pouring rain bone dry because he has an umbrella proves umbrellas are effective, not that rain can't make you wet..."

This

The South

This is madness now

What did you expect???

And....

Here's my summary of the whiners on this forum. Spineless, crying babies who've always had their way with everything and throw their toys out of the cot for the tiniest disruption to their world. They would rather 100's of people die than they endure one bit of hardship themselves. The same people who defended our skies and beaches in WWII. I'm embarrassed and ashamed for them. That they continue to post and flaunt their ignorance as we head into a second lockdown is a sign they have no sense of decency whatsoever. Do they not see the curve and realise that THEY are the people behind all this???"

*applauds loudly.

E

This is madness now

What did you expect???

And....

Here's my summary of the whiners on this forum. Spineless, crying babies who've always had their way with everything and throw their toys out of the cot for the tiniest disruption to their world. They would rather 100's of people die than they endure one bit of hardship themselves. The same people who defended our skies and beaches in WWII. I'm embarrassed and ashamed for them. That they continue to post and flaunt their ignorance as we head into a second lockdown is a sign they have no sense of decency whatsoever. Do they not see the curve and realise that THEY are the people behind all this???Oh how the rightish crow Green arrow can be quite revealing"

I've been accused of being leftish... unless you mean righteous.

Yes righteous, pious... and other words used by the guilty to make their actions seem normal and those who follow the rules seem ridiculous.

Call me self righteousness, call me pious, holier than thou, vitue signalling... I don't give a shit when it comes from people who put their partying before other people's lives. If wearing a mask is too much to ask not put a NHS worker's life at risk then go ahead poke holes.... I'm not killing anyone...

This is madness now

What did you expect???

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

This a myth that has been perpetuated. That it's an either/or situation with economy vs lockdown.

The fact is countries worst hit economically are those that had the worst pandemic performance. Countries that locked down hard and fast are the ones who suffered the least economically.

In short we need to lock down and do it PROPERLY. Not half heartedly. The virus does not respond to lip service from politicians the way voters do..."

If this country had locked the door back in February, when it was obvious what was coming, we would be approx £2 trillion better off. I said all this at the time, because i can think ahead and do simple mathematics. Yes, it costs money to close all your borders and apply STRICT quarantine on anyone coming in. But it only costs the tiniest fraction of the current and ongoing costs in money, lives, mental health, jobs that were totally unavoidable when

(a) there was zero attempt to stop it coming into the country in the first place

(b) there was no attempt to stop huge super spreader events involving tens of thousands of people gathering together then taking the disease to the ends of the country (football, Cheltenham etc)

(c) the government played it down and trivialised it until it really kicked them in the bollocks and they had to take notice

(d) the country is full of arseholes.

In short we need to lock down and do it PROPERLY. Not half heartedly. The virus does not respond to lip service from politicians the way voters do...

If this country had locked the door back in February, when it was obvious what was coming, we would be approx £2 trillion better off. I said all this at the time, because i can think ahead and do simple mathematics. Yes, it costs money to close all your borders and apply STRICT quarantine on anyone coming in. But it only costs the tiniest fraction of the current and ongoing costs in money, lives, mental health, jobs that were totally unavoidable when

(a) there was zero attempt to stop it coming into the country in the first place

(b) there was no attempt to stop huge super spreader events involving tens of thousands of people gathering together then taking the disease to the ends of the country (football, Cheltenham etc)

(c) the government played it down and trivialised it until it really kicked them in the bollocks and they had to take notice

(d) the country is full of arseholes."

There are many scientific reasons for the spread of this virus and one big non scientific reason. The non scientific one is people wearing face masks UNDER their noses instead of over and covering their nose as well as the mouth. When people put a face mask on their face and don't put it up to cover their nose they may as well not wear one at all. Most people inhale air through their nose so not to cover the nose is stupid. The point of face coverings and how to wear them correctly needs addressing urgently . There are plenty of posters showing hand washing etc. a simple picture of a face with a mask covering the nose should be manufactured as well and placed on every high street.

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

(d) the country is full of arseholes."

In February, Boris was taking his second holiday of the year. His main focus in February was getting a divorce before the baby was due. His advice with regard to covid was to take it on the chin.

(d) the country is full of arseholes.

In February, Boris was taking his second holiday of the year. His main focus in February was getting a divorce before the baby was due. His advice with regard to covid was to take it on the chin. "

He was told three weeks ago this shitstorm was coming, but instead he focused on the latest divorce... Brexit.

People are dying, but at least we are isolating ourselves from our trading partners! Look on the bright side

By *eeps and TattiesCouple  over a year ago

Rutland

So what i dont get is if you cant work from home go to work i.e. construction, takeaway, health, supermarker worker....someone you work with is positive with no symptoms, you get infected, you go home and infect your wife who also has to go to work i.e. as a carer who then infects all her colleagues and vulnerable people she looks after. Your kids get infected they go to school, they infect most of their class, their class goes home infect their mum or dad, who goes to work and then the whole sorry saga goes on and on and on.

Unless you shut everything and i mean literally everything you will not get rid of the virus. So why not just let things go on as they are, pubs and restaurants and non essential shops cannot be left to take the blame for the spread of it.

On a side went to work throughout lockdown as did my husband and we will both work through this one, ive only met 1 person who has tested positive for COVID, surely if it was running rampant as much as they say I'd know a lot more people?

"So what i dont get is if you cant work from home go to work i.e. construction, takeaway, health, supermarker worker....someone you work with is positive with no symptoms, you get infected, you go home and infect your wife who also has to go to work i.e. as a carer who then infects all her colleagues and vulnerable people she looks after. Your kids get infected they go to school, they infect most of their class, their class goes home infect their mum or dad, who goes to work and then the whole sorry saga goes on and on and on.

Unless you shut everything and i mean literally everything you will not get rid of the virus. So why not just let things go on as they are, pubs and restaurants and non essential shops cannot be left to take the blame for the spread of it.

On a side went to work throughout lockdown as did my husband and we will both work through this one, ive only met 1 person who has tested positive for COVID, surely if it was running rampant as much as they say I'd know a lot more people?"

There's only one thing to get.

Our government employs,and always has employed, a strategy of herd immunity. However the deathtoll of herd immunity is immense and so we carry out the pretences of restrictions. The people buy it, but it doesn't effect the spread of the virus.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

You have no understanding of covid you must be completely stupid

By *eeps and TattiesCouple  over a year ago

Rutland

"So what i dont get is if you cant work from home go to work i.e. construction, takeaway, health, supermarker worker....someone you work with is positive with no symptoms, you get infected, you go home and infect your wife who also has to go to work i.e. as a carer who then infects all her colleagues and vulnerable people she looks after. Your kids get infected they go to school, they infect most of their class, their class goes home infect their mum or dad, who goes to work and then the whole sorry saga goes on and on and on.

On a side went to work throughout lockdown as did my husband and we will both work through this one, ive only met 1 person who has tested positive for COVID, surely if it was running rampant as much as they say I'd know a lot more people?

Our government employs,and always has employed, a strategy of herd immunity. However the deathtoll of herd immunity is immense and so we carry out the pretences of restrictions. The people buy it, but it doesn't effect the spread of the virus."

No it definitely doesnt stop it. The government should just be honest and say that

All this for a virus that didn't even feature in the top ten reasons for deaths in September. You have no understanding of covid you must be completely stupid"

Perhaps these people will be happy when Covid-19 becomes the leading cause of death? Who knows?

London

In short we need to lock down and do it PROPERLY. Not half heartedly. The virus does not respond to lip service from politicians the way voters do..."

"....The fact is countries worst hit economically are those that had the worst pandemic performance. Countries that locked down hard and fast are the ones who suffered the least economically...."

--------------------------

That's true

Our government employs,and always has employed, a strategy of herd immunity. However the deathtoll of herd immunity is immense and so we carry out the pretences of restrictions. The people buy it, but it doesn't effect the spread of the virus.

No it definitely doesnt stop it. The government should just be honest and say that"

Then they would be held responsible for all the deaths.

It is better PR to have a load of rules they don't enforce. Then they can blame the population for non compliance.

By *layfull pairingCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

Lockdown... what lockdown ? A massive percentage of people in this country HAVE to work right through these so called lockdowns that some people are clamouring for... many just to keep the country functioning, plus NHS, big industries like construction, essential shops etc... it’s a huge amount of people, especially if schools and universities stay open... I don’t know the figures but it’s got to be a third of the population still going about their daily business as usual... some can ‘work from home’ but not many...and most of them will still be doing the school run or have kids/teenagers bringing the virus home anyhow... so how many people does “lockdown” actually protect ? Genuine question from someone who’s baffled by it all

All this for a virus that didn't even feature in the top ten reasons for deaths in September. You have no understanding of covid you must be completely stupid

Perhaps these people will be happy when Covid-19 becomes the leading cause of death? Who knows?"

The virus is not as deadly as the press would have you believe, a 30 second read of the ons monthly death statistics prove that.

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

On a side went to work throughout lockdown as did my husband and we will both work through this one, ive only met 1 person who has tested positive for COVID, surely if it was running rampant as much as they say I'd know a lot more people?"

Probably because you live in Oakham, i think its a great place and i love rutland water (in normal lifetimes) but i suspect if you were in Liverpool. leeds, bradford or Manchester (and i have friends in all of them that i have not seen in months) you would know many more !

Maybe the people of Oakham are in general doing the sensible thing, lots in other places are not.

I may be wrong but the smaller towns cities and villages seem to be being more sensible than the cities, more space, less people etc etc.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

All this for a virus that didn't even feature in the top ten reasons for deaths in September. You have no understanding of covid you must be completely stupid

Perhaps these people will be happy when Covid-19 becomes the leading cause of death? Who knows?

The virus is not as deadly as the press would have you believe, a 30 second read of the ons monthly death statistics prove that. "

On a single person risk of death basis, no it is not an especially deadly virus. Not compared with something like measles.

But as a virus that basically nobody has any immunity to, that spreads faster and more effectively than pretty well anything else the human race has seen, and that increases exponentially when not fought with the maximum precautions, there is a phenomenally high chance of getting more total deaths in a shorter time period than any other threat excepting possibly all out nuclear war.

A few weeks ago it was single figures dying of it each day in the UK. It's now 250 to 300 a day. If NOTHING was changed in our attitude to it, it would keep spreading faster and faster until Christmas day there would be about 100,000 deaths ALL IN ONE DAY.

And yes, it would very shortly after that run out of steam because everyone who was going to catch it would have had it.

So yeah, it is possible to minimise the economic cost of the virus. Everybody take your masks off, forget social distancing, go to the pub, have mass orgies. It will all be over by February the first. There will be approximately 1 million people dead in the UK. It'll solve the pensions problem because the average age will fall to 55. And there will be a shitload of younger people with life long disabilities, but hey we might as well just take them up on the moors and abandon them, or chuck them off cliffs into the sea. It'll fix lots of things. But hey, hope none of you ever get old or need medical treatment, or has an accident, or is unemployed. Because once we follow the road of just throwing vulnerable people on the bonfire, once society has lost it's soul - you bet it's going to carry on that way. In a fuck you society, it doesn't matter who you are, sooner or later it's going to be fuck YOU.

The virus is not as deadly as the press would have you believe, a 30 second read of the ons monthly death statistics prove that.

On a single person risk of death basis, no it is not an especially deadly virus. Not compared with something like measles.

But as a virus that basically nobody has any immunity to, that spreads faster and more effectively than pretty well anything else the human race has seen, and that increases exponentially when not fought with the maximum precautions, there is a phenomenally high chance of getting more total deaths in a shorter time period than any other threat excepting possibly all out nuclear war.

A few weeks ago it was single figures dying of it each day in the UK. It's now 250 to 300 a day. If NOTHING was changed in our attitude to it, it would keep spreading faster and faster until Christmas day there would be about 100,000 deaths ALL IN ONE DAY.

And yes, it would very shortly after that run out of steam because everyone who was going to catch it would have had it.

So yeah, it is possible to minimise the economic cost of the virus. Everybody take your masks off, forget social distancing, go to the pub, have mass orgies. It will all be over by February the first. There will be approximately 1 million people dead in the UK. It'll solve the pensions problem because the average age will fall to 55. And there will be a shitload of younger people with life long disabilities, but hey we might as well just take them up on the moors and abandon them, or chuck them off cliffs into the sea. It'll fix lots of things. But hey, hope none of you ever get old or need medical treatment, or has an accident, or is unemployed. Because once we follow the road of just throwing vulnerable people on the bonfire, once society has lost it's soul - you bet it's going to carry on that way. In a fuck you society, it doesn't matter who you are, sooner or later it's going to be fuck YOU."

stafford

Not being funny but why cant you and every bugger else just stay at home? and why did you book a log cabin in the middle of a pandemic .. I just cant see the sense in people anymore !

stafford

The virus is not as deadly as the press would have you believe, a 30 second read of the ons monthly death statistics prove that. "

Evidence?only you see I see it a fudged figures with the 28 day rule altering the statistics .. anyone else?

Walthamstow

Not being funny but why cant you and every bugger else just stay at home? and why did you book a log cabin in the middle of a pandemic .. I just cant see the sense in people anymore !

"

Holidays are important mate

As they say its not for me..its for the KIDS

The excuses I heard are laughable.

the wetlands

Can you elaborate ?

300+ people a day at the moment.

If a passenger plane crashed every day at Heathrow killing 300 people would you get on one ?

I did read that our death rate went negative according to the figures we submitted to the ecdc.

I would have thought 500 people coming back from the dead would have been in the news...

London

"....The virus is not as deadly as the press would have you believe...."

--------------------------------

I don't need the press to tell me whether it is deadly or not.

What I know is:

- 46,000+ have died from it (and counting)

- 60,000 survivors have Long Covid and are facing health issues months after recovery.

- Thousands more have died from other other illnesses due to the fact they could not get access to treatment, because the NHS is/was busy treating an influx of covid patients.

So altogether 100,000+ people have either died or are facing long-term health issues as a result of the virus. All those figures have been accrued in only SEVEN MONTHS from the onset of the pandemic. Those figures are WITH restrictions in place.

Imagine what those figures would look like in a year; and what the figures would have looked like if we had *no restrictions* in place to curb the spread of the virus.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

So yeah, it is possible to minimise the economic cost of the virus. Everybody take your masks off, forget social distancing, go to the pub, have mass orgies. It will all be over by February the first. There will be approximately 1 million people dead in the UK. It'll solve the pensions problem because the average age will fall to 55. And there will be a shitload of younger people with life long disabilities, but hey we might as well just take them up on the moors and abandon them, or chuck them off cliffs into the sea. It'll fix lots of things. But hey, hope none of you ever get old or need medical treatment, or has an accident, or is unemployed. Because once we follow the road of just throwing vulnerable people on the bonfire, once society has lost it's soul - you bet it's going to carry on that way. In a fuck you society, it doesn't matter who you are, sooner or later it's going to be fuck YOU."

As I said many months ago on this forum, some of us have lost our humanity.

On the bright side those people aren't shy about showing themselves.

We are not going into lockdown because of a virus. The virus appeared in December 2019 and has a lifespan of two weeks.

We are going into lockdown because of an unwillingness in the modern age to do the right thing for the good of others and the greater good.

We live in the age of selfishness and measures such as lockdowns are neccesary to suppliment our moral deficiency.

No it definitely doesnt stop it. The government should just be honest and say that

Then they would be held responsible for all the deaths.

It is better PR to have a load of rules they don't enforce. Then they can blame the population for non compliance. "

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"Has anyone heard ?

Month long

"

That's only if you trust the Govt not to extend it. I don't.

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"We are not going into lockdown because of a virus. The virus appeared in December 2019 and has a lifespan of two weeks.

We are going into lockdown because of an unwillingness in the modern age to do the right thing for the good of others and the greater good.

We live in the age of selfishness and measures such as lockdowns are neccesary to suppliment our moral deficiency. "

Absofuckinglutely.

"Has anyone heard ?

Month long

That's only if you trust the Govt not to extend it. I don't."

That's only if you trust the people of the UK to adhere to lockdown and not force the Government to extend it.

NW London

"Has anyone heard ?

Month long

That's only if you trust the people of the UK to adhere to lockdown and not force the Government to extend it."

It ain't the people's fault

In the world of adults there are consequences.

If people don't follow distancing rules then the virus will spread.

If the virus spreads the government has to take stricter measures.

The only injustice is that people have been following the rules all along have to endure extended measures because of those who haven't.

"Has anyone heard ?

Month long

That's only if you trust the people of the UK to adhere to lockdown and not force the Government to extend it.

It ain't the people's fault"

Who is spreading this virus?

NW London

"Has anyone heard ?

Month long

Who is spreading this virus? "

Schools, universities, HMOs and food processing facilities seem to be the key hotbeds

By *lovebustyladiesMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

What we need to do this time round get the army to patrol the streets anyone making a non essential journey to me made to go home, Angie who has contracted covid to be sent to a nightingale center ASAP and everyone in that house hold to be tested also for covid, we need to isolate the covid sufferers don’t send them to hospital send them to a nightingale center get them in one place we need to stamp this out this time we need to be stricter and keep people from interacting with others in person to stop contracting also the homeless need to be checked too

Birmingham

Basically is about hygiene keep clean keep safe that the basic message wipe door handles, light switches and other surfaces you touch on a regular basis even wipe your phone screen regular don’t let others touch your phone, if your car had air con get your pollen filter change as the heater is blowing germs at you

By *icentiousCouple  over a year ago

Up on them there hills

Odd that the more we fight these viruses the more they fight back.

Perhaps the world is over populated by humans, perhaps Darwin was right.

Equilibrium isn’t a sentiment, more of a fact.

The South

"Has anyone heard ?

Month long

It ain't the people's fault"

I have a question; who's "fault" is it?

E

The South

"Has anyone heard ?

Month long

Schools, universities, HMOs and food processing facilities seem to be the key hotbeds"

Even if that were true, and I very much doubt it is, those facilities are full of what?

Clue; begins with P

E

Can you only imagine after Christmas

The whole world be in lockdown with the spike that will happen over xmas

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

This is madness now

What did you expect???

"Can you only imagine after Christmas

The whole world be in lockdown with the spike that will happen over xmas "

I keep saying this on here. I have no idea why people think having a normal Christmas is more important than getting the virus under control.

We will have our months lockdown, then everyone will pile out into the pubs, restaurants and shops The young will come home from unis, meet up with families for Christmas, them in Feb we will be back in lockdown.

Absolute madness!

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

So yeah, it is possible to minimise the economic cost of the virus. Everybody take your masks off, forget social distancing, go to the pub, have mass orgies. It will all be over by February the first. There will be approximately 1 million people dead in the UK. It'll solve the pensions problem because the average age will fall to 55. And there will be a shitload of younger people with life long disabilities, but hey we might as well just take them up on the moors and abandon them, or chuck them off cliffs into the sea. It'll fix lots of things. But hey, hope none of you ever get old or need medical treatment, or has an accident, or is unemployed. Because once we follow the road of just throwing vulnerable people on the bonfire, once society has lost it's soul - you bet it's going to carry on that way. In a fuck you society, it doesn't matter who you are, sooner or later it's going to be fuck YOU.

As I said many months ago on this forum, some of us have lost our humanity.

On the bright side those people aren't shy about showing themselves. "

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

It can become a real issue in less populated areas, so there’s no room for complacency. I know whole families living very isolated places who have it - kids, parents and their elderly grandparents. Forgive me - I have to try to help these people, and their lives and livelihoods are very seriously affected by it.

The big issue at the moment is pressure on the NHS. Thousands clapped for them every week. Regardless of debates around how dangerous the virus is, and how badly the economy will be affected, the bottom line is the NHS could easily be overwhelmed very quickly right now.

In less populated areas, the issue usually isn’t how many cases, but how many cases will overwhelm local health provision. Not many is usually the answer.

It should be obligatory for everyone to listen to the experiences of people at the sharp end of this, particularly frontline staff in hospitals. Just listen - they’d probably prefer that to being clapped.

This should have happened sooner in England - Boris and his gang of inept ideologues (this is a centrist saying this) was slow to act on advice again, and has ****ed this up. It should have happened sooner, but credit to Drakeford here in Wales for having the guts to forge a different path and face the vitriol (the Conservatives in Wales have got a massive kicking on social media today for having a go at the Welsh lockdown a couple of weeks ago).

By *ondonman1969Man  over a year ago

Romford

This lockdown is definitely needed

By *icebloke551Man  over a year ago

Kidderminster

Oh yes it’s all the fault of people that go to the pub !!.where you sit apart get served at a table sign in with details so your traceable.so adhere to the rules .but schools where hundreds of different families interact or colleges and universities with lots of different social bubbles mixing .nothing to do with them but two blokes who go for a pint after work all there fault .talk sense everyone has a blame not just one section of society

By *arkfromessexMan  over a year ago

colchester

Lockdown is needed. Just stop and think if you catch it and got worse and needed to go into hospital but the person on the other end of phone said sorry no room we full!!

Its needed to help the nhs cope so that can treat covid cases but also non covid cases.

The South

"We are not going into lockdown because of a virus. The virus appeared in December 2019 and has a lifespan of two weeks.

We live in the age of selfishness and measures such as lockdowns are neccesary to suppliment our moral deficiency. "

This. ^

So much this.

E

doubt it"

Nothing to doubt

Wales firebreak ends on November 9th

Gyms, restaurants, pubs, schools etc all confirmed to reopen from that date

A new set of national restrictions will be introduced from then

Without vaccine this will continue for years . We are only on the second wave . The scientists said right at the very beginning that there would be many waves even though our great leader was telling the entire population that the uk would "grab this pesky virus by the scruff of its neck , bash it on the nose and send it packing in the next 12 weeks" and when that didnt happen he said " the uk can expect to see normality return by christmas" or " expect a vaccine towards the end of this year early next yr " but the scientists say realistically it's going to be Oct 2021 at the earliest .

Without a vaccine this virus is here to stay , trying to control it clearly isnt working anywhere in the world . Unfortunately for the uk though we have a clown at the helm

"Lockdown is needed. Just stop and think if you catch it and got worse and needed to go into hospital but the person on the other end of phone said sorry no room we full!!

Its needed to help the nhs cope so that can treat covid cases but also non covid cases."

"Has anyone heard ?

Month long

Schools, universities, HMOs and food processing facilities seem to be the key hotbeds"

There's a problem solving techniques called The 7 why's.

People are dying. Why?

Because they have Covid-19. Why?

Because it was transmitted to them. Why?

Because someone didn't apply social distancing measures. Why?

Because some people believe that social distancing does not apply to them for a number of reasons. None of them valid.

If you were to divide the population into two groups of people: One that focuses on not spreading the virus and act according to a belief they might have it. And one who acts as if they couldn't possibly have the virus and ignore social distancing etc.

Which of those two groups of people is spreading the virus?

If your answer is the former you are required to postulate how a person staying at home with no visitors spreads a virus.

If it is the latter then you are left to muse that it is the same people who spread the virus who complain about the measures required to address an issue they themselves created.

Millions of people take the lockdown restrictions seriously and abide by them , however millions dont purely because of Cummings actions back in April , the SNP woman travelling with Covid , Corbyn breaking the rule of six . Stanley Johnson claiming he didnt know the rules when in a newsagent without wearing a mask and many many more incidents where they flout the laws to suit themselves. So its understandable why people just think f##k it now. Cummings could of been seen to have been sacked on the spot but carried on doing whatever he does behind closed doors if he is that important . That incident was a major turning point in this pandemic & Johnson will never recover from it , people will ne er forget

There is no trust left in this government they have blown it. IMO

"Millions of people take the lockdown restrictions seriously and abide by them , however millions dont purely because of Cummings actions back in April , the SNP woman travelling with Covid , Corbyn breaking the rule of six . Stanley Johnson claiming he didnt know the rules when in a newsagent without wearing a mask and many many more incidents where they flout the laws to suit themselves. So its understandable why people just think f##k it now. Cummings could of been seen to have been sacked on the spot but carried on doing whatever he does behind closed doors if he is that important . That incident was a major turning point in this pandemic & Johnson will never recover from it , people will ne er forget "

Darwin Award.

By *astMidsCouple555Couple  over a year ago

Leicester

"Yes. I've heard.

England = From Thursday a Lockdown. Not schools or unis tho.......

Teachers will be raging that they have to stay at work, protests from NUT in coming"

Ah the right wing are up and about. Teachers have been brilliant through this but they are not your child minders

in Lancashire

"Millions of people take the lockdown restrictions seriously and abide by them , however millions dont purely because of Cummings actions back in April , the SNP woman travelling with Covid , Corbyn breaking the rule of six . Stanley Johnson claiming he didnt know the rules when in a newsagent without wearing a mask and many many more incidents where they flout the laws to suit themselves. So its understandable why people just think f##k it now. Cummings could of been seen to have been sacked on the spot but carried on doing whatever he does behind closed doors if he is that important . That incident was a major turning point in this pandemic & Johnson will never recover from it , people will ne er forget "

Not a fan of any you mention but to suggest had Cummings been sacked, which I agree with and several thousands of people or whatever the number is would like the majority have acted sensibly is patently ignoring reality mate..

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

According to the Clacton and Frinton Gazette, the area is recording over 300 new cases every day...

"Oh yes it’s all the fault of people that go to the pub !!.where you sit apart get served at a table sign in with details so your traceable.so adhere to the rules .but schools where hundreds of different families interact or colleges and universities with lots of different social bubbles mixing .nothing to do with them but two blokes who go for a pint after work all there fault .talk sense everyone has a blame not just one section of society "

I don't think anyone is saying it is just one section of society. What has happened though is that a decision has been made to prioritise the education of children over the ability of adults to go to the pub.

in Lancashire

"Its a load of rubbish this lock down ,the main hospital near me has 4 cases..

According to the Clacton and Frinton Gazette, the area is recording over 300 new cases every day..."

Oops..

in Lancashire

"Oh yes it’s all the fault of people that go to the pub !!.where you sit apart get served at a table sign in with details so your traceable.so adhere to the rules .but schools where hundreds of different families interact or colleges and universities with lots of different social bubbles mixing .nothing to do with them but two blokes who go for a pint after work all there fault .talk sense everyone has a blame not just one section of society

I don't think anyone is saying it is just one section of society. What has happened though is that a decision has been made to prioritise the education of children over the ability of adults to go to the pub."

How dare they want an education and a chance to earn a living when Fred needs to sit putting the world to rights supping his ale..

Bloody kids..

The South

"There is no trust left in this government they have blown it. IMO "

Every government of any party, in every country in the world has a population full of people saying "This government fucked it up, this government are useless, blah blah blah"

When the truth is, they're all trying to deal with a global pandemic for which no-one has any experience of, for which there's no cure, for which we're learning something new every day.

Meanwhile, people keep ignoring the advice, the statistics and the guidelines, whilst moaning about how the Government are screwing it up, cases are rising and the restrictions are tightening.

People and their stinking, selfish, stupid, ignorant attitudes.

Them's the problem.

E

They're now talking about extending our lockdown..

"There is no trust left in this government they have blown it. IMO

Every government of any party, in every country in the world has a population full of people saying "This government fucked it up, this government are useless, blah blah blah"

When the truth is, they're all trying to deal with a global pandemic for which no-one has any experience of, for which there's no cure, for which we're learning something new every day.

Meanwhile, people keep ignoring the advice, the statistics and the guidelines, whilst moaning about how the Government are screwing it up, cases are rising and the restrictions are tightening.

Them's the problem.

E

"

And

By *ike99621Man  over a year ago

GRAVESEND

What anniys ne, is everyone on sites like this still looking for meets. And i bet that this will continue after Thursday. And what will the moderators do? Nothing is the answer. Because these selfish rule breakers will carry on paying their memberships. Those looking for meets during lockdown should be removed. Simple.

Which is one of the reasons i havent renewed mine, although i have still got a joint profile before anyone says anything lol

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"There is no trust left in this government they have blown it. IMO

Them's the problem.

E

"

Yes

By *perfectpair5050Couple  over a year ago

marlbourgh

Totally agree it’s not the governments fault it’s the stupid people that can’t follow the guidelines The same ones would be stripping the shelves in Tesco’s and Asda today and still complaining there’s nothing in the shops

GRAVESEND

"Has anyone heard ?

Month long

Schools, universities, HMOs and food processing facilities seem to be the key hotbeds

People are dying. Why?

Because some people believe that social distancing does not apply to them for a number of reasons. None of them valid.

If you were to divide the population into two groups of people: One that focuses on not spreading the virus and act according to a belief they might have it. And one who acts as if they couldn't possibly have the virus and ignore social distancing etc.

If your answer is the former you are required to postulate how a person staying at home with no visitors spreads a virus.

If it is the latter then you are left to muse that it is the same people who spread the virus who complain about the measures required to address an issue they themselves created."

Exactly!

"Oh yes it’s all the fault of people that go to the pub !!.where you sit apart get served at a table sign in with details so your traceable.so adhere to the rules .but schools where hundreds of different families interact or colleges and universities with lots of different social bubbles mixing .nothing to do with them but two blokes who go for a pint after work all there fault .talk sense everyone has a blame not just one section of society

I don't think anyone is saying it is just one section of society. What has happened though is that a decision has been made to prioritise the education of children over the ability of adults to go to the pub.

How dare they want an education and a chance to earn a living when Fred needs to sit putting the world to rights supping his ale..

Bloody kids..

"

Fred left school at 12 year old and it never did him any harm etc.

GRAVESEND

Does anyone remember the Red Berrets i think they were called. An idea that came over from New York back in the 80s. Basically volunteers martialing the subways that saw a massive reduction in crime in NY.

Why cant we have volunteer Covid Martials on our busses and trains, our high streets and street corners reminding people to wear masks.

Its the big community policing itself for the benefit of all.

"Does anyone remember the Red Berrets i think they were called. An idea that came over from New York back in the 80s. Basically volunteers martialing the subways that saw a massive reduction in crime in NY.

Why cant we have volunteer Covid Martials on our busses and trains, our high streets and street corners reminding people to wear masks.

Its the big community policing itself for the benefit of all."

Unless the volunteers a 6’6” and 18 stones I don’t think they’ll have much effect.

The South

"Its a load of rubbish this lock down ,the main hospital near me has 4 cases..

According to the Clacton and Frinton Gazette, the area is recording over 300 new cases every day..."

A quick search says the hospital near the OP doesn't have the facilities to deal with Covid 19 cases, they're being cared for at another hospital that does have adequate facilities.

Hence the low number.

Absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence.

E

Birmingham

Okay why are people blaming the government? We are we not looking at our selves and saying should I be going out to get pissed? Do need to go to bornemouth and add to the many that are already in the beach? Should I washing my hands regular? and saying? Should I really be having a party for 50 people? Should I really go on holiday to another country? Do I want to be another statistic? Or shall I just blame the government because it’s easier than thinking for yourselves? Is it me? During the lockdown there was parts of Birmingham that you would not think heard of lock down they carried on as normal with the effect it won’t get me...

don’t blame the government no party would cope tbh let’s just wash hands, social distance, and think do I need to do that before stepping out the front door

Birmingham

"Does anyone remember the Red Berrets i think they were called. An idea that came over from New York back in the 80s. Basically volunteers martialing the subways that saw a massive reduction in crime in NY.

Its the big community policing itself for the benefit of all."

We have an army any no essential movement should be sent straight back home together with the police they can stop people going where they shouldn’t tony blare wanted everybody to have access to computers and the internet so utilize online shopping where you can tbh sometimes it’s actually cheaper...

NW London

"Has anyone heard ?

Month long

Even if that were true, and I very much doubt it is, those facilities are full of what?

Clue; begins with P

E"

Students and workers going about their business in accordance with law and policy in environments which are very conducive to spreading a virus.

Birmingham

"Has anyone heard ?

Month long

People are dying. Why?

If it is the latter then you are left to muse that it is the same people who spread the virus who complain about the measures required to address an issue they themselves created.

Exactly!"

Here here that man!!!!!

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

A who doctor said that a lockdown shouldnt be the main defence. I agree with him, all it does is destroying economies and peoples livelihoods, is it really necessary to have it to such an extent?

"Okay why are people blaming the government? We are we not looking at our selves and saying should I be going out to get pissed? Do need to go to bornemouth and add to the many that are already in the beach? Should I washing my hands regular? and saying? Should I really be having a party for 50 people? Should I really go on holiday to another country? Do I want to be another statistic? Or shall I just blame the government because it’s easier than thinking for yourselves? Is it me? During the lockdown there was parts of Birmingham that you would not think heard of lock down they carried on as normal with the effect it won’t get me...

don’t blame the government no party would cope tbh let’s just wash hands, social distance, and think do I need to do that before stepping out the front door "

I’m putting some blame on the government because they have, on a number of occasions, not followed scientific advice, and then when it is too late have been forced into taking action. To do so once is almost understandable, to do so on subsequent occasions is not.

I’m blaming the government because they have used the pandemic to line the pockets of their friends on numerous occasions rather than letting the experts do their jobs.

I’m blaming the government because their messaging has been confused and in my view deliberately so, that way other people can be blamed.

What we need to remember is that half the population are of below average intelligence, and the message needs to be tailored to suit them. The average reading age in this country is 9, and the country’s largest selling newspaper targets its language at those with a reading age of 8.

Yes people should take responsibility but human beings naturally look up to see what behaviour is acceptable, and when we have looked up to the government theirs has not been a shining example.

in Lancashire

Bloody kids..

Fred left school at 12 year old and it never did him any harm etc."

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

Can you imagine if this virus was Ebola.

There would be people wandering around bleeding from every orafice saying, no it doesn't exist. Its just a flu in my bottom.

"Has anyone heard ?

Month long

"

They said today this morning on the news they might extend it!!!

"Has anyone heard ?

Month long

They said today this morning on the news they might extend it!!!"

To be honest I think it is inevitable that it will be extended.

To be extended over Christmas and new year

The South

"Has anyone heard ?

Month long

Clue; begins with P

E

Students and workers going about their business in accordance with law and policy in environments which are very conducive to spreading a virus."

So...... You agree it's people spreading it then, yes?

E

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Bloody kids..

"

When I were a lad..........

The South

"Has anyone heard ?

Month long

To be honest I think it is inevitable that it will be extended. "

Based on the fuckwittery on these very threads, most definitely inevitable.

E

How about another "eat out to help out " in December ? the last one obviously worked fantastically in stopping the virus spread . Well done to whoever's came up with that genius idea . Round of applause for you , take a bow

The South

You posted the same on another thread, possibly missed the try from someone working on the front line.

Hope this helps...

Quote;

"you do realise the Manchester Nightingale is already re-opened, we then have 5 city trusts all at 80%+ of their expanded covid capacity (gained by closure of elective surgery etc).

As for your local Hospital having only 4 patients... that doesn’t surprise me, I presume you mean Clacton Hospital? It’s a community hospital and having had a brief look on the NHS listing it contains no HDU or ICU meaning any serious conditions would be transferred whether that’s covid, serious RTAs etc.

It illustrates the issue well though, there’s only a very select section of the NHS that can deal with and treat Critical covid patients... and as part of such a team that does, I can assure you we are all under tremendous pressure"

E

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

"Has anyone heard ?

Month long

To be honest I think it is inevitable that it will be extended. "

well anyone who thinks it will end on December 2nd is living in la la land.

By *aughtyBlokeKentMan  over a year ago

Kent/Gatwick area

"Okay why are people blaming the government? We are we not looking at our selves and saying should I be going out to get pissed? Do need to go to bornemouth and add to the many that are already in the beach? Should I washing my hands regular? and saying? Should I really be having a party for 50 people? Should I really go on holiday to another country? Do I want to be another statistic? Or shall I just blame the government because it’s easier than thinking for yourselves? Is it me? During the lockdown there was parts of Birmingham that you would not think heard of lock down they carried on as normal with the effect it won’t get me...

don’t blame the government no party would cope tbh let’s just wash hands, social distance, and think do I need to do that before stepping out the front door "

"Has anyone heard ?

Month long

To be honest I think it is inevitable that it will be extended. well anyone who thinks it will end on December 2nd is living in la la land."

2 Dec maybe two decades

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

"A who doctor said that a lockdown shouldnt be the main defence. I agree with him, all it does is destroying economies and peoples livelihoods, is it really necessary to have it to such an extent?

"

It slows down transmission, stops the health services being overwhelmed and buys time in the search for a vaccine. Yes without a full testing and tracing program, lockdowns are limited in their effectiveness, that doesn't mean they should be discounted. Unfortunately short term self interests can be so damaging to the longer term public good.