FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > lockdown supporters/lockdown skeptics

lockdown supporters/lockdown skeptics

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *etsome OP   Man  over a year ago

birmingham

how would you say it breaks down on this website? I would estimate 80% in favour 20% against lockdowns. Has there been any change since lockdown 1.0? I know that due to commitment bias most people seldom change their mind on things

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

To get out of working for 80% pay? Yeah you're probably right....however! For purposes of getting one's end away? Probably the opposite

By *ee And MikeCouple  over a year ago

Cannock

Unfortunately lockdowns don’t work, they push the problem months down the road to rear it’s ugly head again.

All this virus has shown is how incompetent the NHS is and the way our taxes are badly used to fund it !

We have an NHS that is supposedly the envy of the world, but it’s the 5th largest employer in the world and doesn’t have enough staff to put into the Nightingale Hospitals that have been built - how can that be right ?

I appreciate that this pandemic is a one-off but for gods sake the NHS falls over most winters with flu cases, yet the same mistakes are repeated year after year with nothing being improved.

I’ve 30 years of experience in the NHS with a family member and the staff on the ground, i.e. nurses, doctors and support staff are brilliant but when you see the payrolls of most NHS trusts snd you see the amount of upper and _iddle management on six figure salaries and we have virtually no ventilators then we have something fundamental wrong with the system !

Add to that the £10 billion wasted on an abandoned IT system that didn’t work then you see we have an NHS that’s more about lining pockets of hangers-on instead of curing the sick.

"Unfortunately lockdowns don’t work, they push the problem months down the road to rear it’s ugly head again.

"

I think you totally misunderstand what a short lockdown is meant to achieve to start with.

Cannock

"Unfortunately lockdowns don’t work, they push the problem months down the road to rear it’s ugly head again.

I think you totally misunderstand what a short lockdown is meant to achieve to start with. "

Well the last one didn’t achieve very much because the problem has come back far worse !

I think you totally misunderstand what a short lockdown is meant to achieve to start with.

Well the last one didn’t achieve very much because the problem has come back far worse !

"

Yeah but the masks and 2m rule have helped surely!

birmingham

All this virus has shown is how incompetent the NHS is and the way our taxes are badly used to fund it !

We have an NHS that is supposedly the envy of the world, but it’s the 5th largest employer in the world and doesn’t have enough staff to put into the Nightingale Hospitals that have been built - how can that be right ?

I appreciate that this pandemic is a one-off but for gods sake the NHS falls over most winters with flu cases, yet the same mistakes are repeated year after year with nothing being improved.

I’ve 30 years of experience in the NHS with a family member and the staff on the ground, i.e. nurses, doctors and support staff are brilliant but when you see the payrolls of most NHS trusts snd you see the amount of upper and _iddle management on six figure salaries and we have virtually no ventilators then we have something fundamental wrong with the system !

Add to that the £10 billion wasted on an abandoned IT system that didn’t work then you see we have an NHS that’s more about lining pockets of hangers-on instead of curing the sick.

"

I wholeheartedly agree with everything you say except the part about this pandemic being one-off. There is nothing to prevent a similar virus appearing next year - which makes our current stretegy of economic devestation silly. With an imploded economy we will not be in any state to be able to deal with a similar viruse for decades

birmingham

I think you totally misunderstand what a short lockdown is meant to achieve to start with. "

Do you mean a circuit breaker?

birmingham

We should have let the virus spread so we could deal with excess covid19 cases in the summer. Now we are having to deal with them at the same time as influenza

Whitless and Unbalanced are complete morons

Cannock

Yeah but the masks and 2m rule have helped surely! "

Other countries that have fought this pandemic better than the UK have had a test, trace and trace system with a financial reward in place to isolate, the £500.00 for two weeks we are offering doesn’t cover most people’s ciggies and KFC spend for a week !

You can keep locking down for weeks or months on end, it doesn’t really matter but until you have a vaccine in place this virus isn’t going away, in the meantime we are running up a debt that will take 60-80 years of high taxes and austerity to pay back and destroy our economy.

By *evensnipeMan  over a year ago

Rhyl

[Removed by poster at 07/11/20 01:22:54]

By *evensnipeMan  over a year ago

Rhyl

Most of the cock ups are that of the Beano and his pals NOT the NHS. News and media refer to track and trace as being the NHS It isn’t. Wake up people the NHS is fantastic when properly funded by government.

Cannock

I think the vast majority will wake up one day to 4 million unemployed, homes being repossessed and queues for food banks and say we didn’t realise this was part of the lockdown deal - too late then !

birmingham

"I think the vast majority will wake up one day to 4 million unemployed, homes being repossessed and queues for food banks and say we didn’t realise this was part of the lockdown deal - too late then !"

In 5 years you will be able to count people who say they supported lockdowns on one hand

By *r easy1981Man  over a year ago

leeds

All fake

I don't think the problem is that the NHS is incompetent. It's more that the Tories have underfunded it for years.

Worse, the Tories used the pandemic as an excuse to chuck shitloads of cash at their mates in the private sector. They did not give it to the NHS.

Hell, there was a story in Oct that the Tories didn't even account for 3 billion quid they spent on private contracts.

By *urga2076Woman  over a year ago

London

"I think the vast majority will wake up one day to 4 million unemployed, homes being repossessed and queues for food banks and say we didn’t realise this was part of the lockdown deal - too late then !"

Sadly this. And no funding left at end of it for the NHS or anything other budgets worthwhile.

Tbh I mostly get upset when I think about the next generation and the one after it. We’ve hit post war debt levels if not more by time we are done. Add to that climate change and food supply issues stated to hit around 2030-2050... Their opportunities will be severely limited as a result

its not lack of funding thats the nhs problem, its wasting money thats the issue, just like everything goverment driven at the moment, if the nhs was a public company it wouldnt survive, its a great thing that is wowfully managed, this pandemic has just highlighted this. if you go and walk aroung a hospital you will see more people wearing a suit than a gown, we need to stop pouring money into it that just gets wasted, and focus on the problems, drugs and treatments have got more expensive for sure, so we need hospitals to be more efficiant than ever

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

Absolutely true been saying that from the very start of this ,

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

[Removed by poster at 07/11/20 08:41:43]

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

south birmingham

Bullshit, wakey wakey, why cant people see whats really going on?.

By *rumpyandsexyCouple  over a year ago

mansfield

Yeah but the masks and 2m rule have helped surely!

Other countries that have fought this pandemic better than the UK have had a test, trace and trace system with a financial reward in place to isolate, the £500.00 for two weeks we are offering doesn’t cover most people’s ciggies and KFC spend for a week !

You can keep locking down for weeks or months on end, it doesn’t really matter but until you have a vaccine in place this virus isn’t going away, in the meantime we are running up a debt that will take 60-80 years of high taxes and austerity to pay back and destroy our economy."

You can only claim the £500 if you are on any kind of benefit.

So sounds right ciggies kfc

Lockdowns on there own will not work unless absolutely 100% buy into it. 80% or 90% is not good enough because it leaves too many holes in the sieve so for that reason I do not support it. It's too futile.

It's too like the little dutch boy putting his finger in the dyke to stop it flooding. He puts his finger in 1 place and another hole appears.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"Bullshit, wakey wakey, why cant people see whats really going on?."

Are you referring to the 2500 people who died of covid last week ?

the wetlands

"I think the vast majority will wake up one day to 4 million unemployed, homes being repossessed and queues for food banks and say we didn’t realise this was part of the lockdown deal - too late then !

Lockdowns on there own will not work unless absolutely 100% buy into it. 80% or 90% is not good enough because it leaves too many holes in the sieve so for that reason I do not support it. It's too futile.

It's too like the little dutch boy putting his finger in the dyke to stop it flooding. He puts his finger in 1 place and another hole appears."

Ok then, go ...

What's the magic bullet ?

Cannock

"its not lack of funding thats the nhs problem, its wasting money thats the issue, just like everything goverment driven at the moment, if the nhs was a public company it wouldnt survive, its a great thing that is wowfully managed, this pandemic has just highlighted this. if you go and walk aroung a hospital you will see more people wearing a suit than a gown, we need to stop pouring money into it that just gets wasted, and focus on the problems, drugs and treatments have got more expensive for sure, so we need hospitals to be more efficiant than ever"

The Tories get slated for lack of funding but everyone needs to remember the tens of thou_ands of staff employed by the Labour Party during their reign into management positions.

At the end of the day we are a little country in world terms but our NHS is the 5th largest employer in the world, if you really think about it and then keep hearing people bang on about ‘more funding, more funding’ then you wonder what the current funds are being spent on !

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

"I think the vast majority will wake up one day to 4 million unemployed, homes being repossessed and queues for food banks and say we didn’t realise this was part of the lockdown deal - too late then !

It's too like the little dutch boy putting his finger in the dyke to stop it flooding. He puts his finger in 1 place and another hole appears.

Ok then, go ...

What's the magic bullet ?"

Firstly, with schools open this isn’t remotely a lockdown so the OPs question is a moot point. Traffic was horrendous on the roads yesterday.

I agree with hands, face, space, and then there’s my personal crusade to get vitamin D posted to every household.

Beyond that we have to wait for a vaccine.

No, it’s not magic. I’m all out of magic, but al least I have the wisdom to know it. Unlike the government.

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

Sorry forgot to say also a functional track and trace system that people abide by as well, with enforcement.

By *s Fussy BiatchWoman  over a year ago

somewhere along the fylde

However you paint it it's not even really a lockdown with schools open, most shops open, public transport still running, I can't see anything that would resemble a lockdown.

"However you paint it it's not even really a lockdown with schools open, most shops open, public transport still running, I can't see anything that would resemble a lockdown. "

Agreed

By *orwegian BlueMan  over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

"

An analogy for the NHS is it is like a supertanker sailing in the ocean. It can carry billions on tonnes of oil and it's fine going in a straight line but if it needs to turn, it takes a bloody age and if it was to sink, the damage would be catastrophic.

Multiple smaller tanker could carry the same amount of fuel, be more reactive and turn far quicker and if one was to sink, the damage would not be anywhere near as bad.

But multiple small tankers cost far more to run, more fuel, more staff, more maintenance costs, etc.

The NHS is that supertanker.

It's not agile enough for purpose, but it's More cost effective than running many small health services.

As for value for money, those employed at the middle and top skills are in demand and like most of us, will work for whoever is paying the best. Its unfortunate but it's the way our societies have evolved.

Wasteful, yes.

The computer system you refer to, I am aware of having a friend working in the NHS who was having to use the system when it was being rolled out.

I believe the initial teething problems were resolved and sorted.

From memory, the original company employed to create the software and supply the hardware turned out not to be up to the task and subsequently declared bankruptcy. A new IT company then had to be found who eventually did finish it but it went hugely over budget.

The software and hardware in use had to be replaced as it was based upon older obsolete operating systems that were no longer supported and the software itself was also no longer supported.

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

south birmingham

"Bullshit, wakey wakey, why cant people see whats really going on?.

Are you referring to the 2500 people who died of covid last week ?"

did they, who told you that?.

By *ames_LondonMan  over a year ago

Deal

Excellent Guardian article by Simon Jenkins today.

"

The problem is throughout the 90s successive governments thought it would be a good idea to run an already reasonably efficient NHS like a business. So it brought in management consultants. The likes of McKinsey, Anderson, and the firms now known as the ‘Big 4’ made hay while the sun shined.

The advantage of using management consultants over civil servants is that because they are in it for the money they will tell you what you want to hear, and give you a shiny, and dense, report packed full of utter tripe coated in management speak, to back it up.

Civil servants tend to point out problems, and that will never do. The public sector is then derided as being inefficient because they deal in reality rather than fairy stories.

You cannot run a health service like it is a business because put simply it’s not there to make money. You cannot apply the same principles a business would, such as cut staff to save money, because the work those staff did still needs to be done and instead of relatively lowly admin staff doing something, you have clinicians doing it instead. Clinicians don’t like the increased workload as it has a detrimental effect on their ability to look after patients so they have a tendency to leave, which leads to staff shortages and greater levels of burnout in the staff who remain. Which in turn leads to lower standards of care.

I have no issue with the NHS employing managers on a good wage, so long as they are good enough to justify it, and very often they are not.

I take great issue with you saying the NHS is incompetent because it is far from it, could it better? Yes, there is no organisation that cannot be improved but it is an organisation that provides a fantastic service despite being starved of the required investment for a decade.

An analogy for the NHS is it is like a supertanker sailing in the ocean. It can carry billions on tonnes of oil and it's fine going in a straight line but if it needs to turn, it takes a bloody age and if it was to sink, the damage would be catastrophic.

Multiple smaller tanker could carry the same amount of fuel, be more reactive and turn far quicker and if one was to sink, the damage would not be anywhere near as bad.

But multiple small tankers cost far more to run, more fuel, more staff, more maintenance costs, etc.

The NHS is that supertanker.

It's not agile enough for purpose, but it's More cost effective than running many small health services.

As for value for money, those employed at the middle and top skills are in demand and like most of us, will work for whoever is paying the best. Its unfortunate but it's the way our societies have evolved.

Wasteful, yes.

The computer system you refer to, I am aware of having a friend working in the NHS who was having to use the system when it was being rolled out.

I believe the initial teething problems were resolved and sorted.

From memory, the original company employed to create the software and supply the hardware turned out not to be up to the task and subsequently declared bankruptcy. A new IT company then had to be found who eventually did finish it but it went hugely over budget.

The software and hardware in use had to be replaced as it was based upon older obsolete operating systems that were no longer supported and the software itself was also no longer supported. "

The much heralded NHS IT system was abandoned in 2011 if I remember correctly, one of its constituent parts, the Lorenzo EPR, is now being used by some trusts but by nowhere near enough to justify the additional £3.1 billion it cost.

What is really going on?

"its not lack of funding thats the nhs problem, its wasting money thats the issue, just like everything goverment driven at the moment, if the nhs was a public company it wouldnt survive, its a great thing that is wowfully managed, this pandemic has just highlighted this. if you go and walk aroung a hospital you will see more people wearing a suit than a gown, we need to stop pouring money into it that just gets wasted, and focus on the problems, drugs and treatments have got more expensive for sure, so we need hospitals to be more efficiant than ever"

Of course the NHS would survive in the private sector, they would just do what the private healthcare companies do and not do any operations that aren’t profitable. Anyone with an ASA status higher than 2 would be denied operations because the level of care potentially required afterwards means they would be unprofitable.

They wouldn’t provide an emergency service because emergencies aren’t profitable. Running a profitable private healthcare company is a piece of piss, fortunately for us the NHS is not a private healthcare business.

If you want an example of what happens when private businesses get involved in providing public healthcare (because they are so efficient ) take a look at how Circle did when they ran Hinchingbrooke Hospital (into the ground).

By *r easy1981Man  over a year ago

leeds

The NHS will be sold off soon

birmingham

What is really going on?"

It can't be about a virus - surely you can see that figures have been manipulated to cause more destruction of the economy

What is really going on?

It can't be about a virus - surely you can see that figures have been manipulated to cause more destruction of the economy"

Who does destroying the economy benefit?

What is really going on?

It can't be about a virus - surely you can see that figures have been manipulated to cause more destruction of the economy

Who does destroying the economy benefit?"

Some companies are benefiting from it

What is really going on?

Some companies are benefiting from it"

Which ones?

By *ig9incherforuMan  over a year ago

Welwyn

Are people still believing in this virus.

It's part of the government trying to have total control over us. The figures are wrong. The so called experts upped the so called infection rate to convince boris to bring the lockdown.

Wake up before it's too late

What is really going on?

Which ones?"

Delivery companies, royal mail is busy as fuck, everybody is ordering online, amazon is very busy

What is really going on?

Which ones?

Delivery companies, royal mail is busy as fuck, everybody is ordering online, amazon is very busy"

But they are merely taking advantage of the situation, yes?

What is really going on?

Which ones?

Delivery companies, royal mail is busy as fuck, everybody is ordering online, amazon is very busy

But they are merely taking advantage of the situation, yes?"

Can't control who orders stuff online

What is really going on?

Which ones?

Can't control who orders stuff online"

During 1st lockdown April through to July was busier than xmas

By *ames_LondonMan  over a year ago

Deal

No one is trying to destroy the economy but due to the government’s dishonest approach we are now stuck in a feedback loop where the government scare the people, the people support more restrictive measures, the government scare the people more and on it goes with no rational medium term plan. Of course, it doesn’t hurt that the people at the top benefit when there is an economic catastrophe. At lot of the wealthiest families in the US are so rich because there were no insider trading laws at the time of the Great Depression so they made fortunes from short selling. In this case, cabinet ministers, scientists and their spouses etc are all in logistics, pharma etc. they aren’t deliberately doing it but they aren’t worried about disagreeing with public sentiment as they aren’t going to feel the pain. Unfortunately, all this shows how naive the general public is and the adverse effects of social media on journalism.

Ok then, go ...

What's the magic bullet ?"

Well though not perfect by any means the regional tier system was starting to work, although we had some idiots trying to sabotage it on the opposition but once again "Decisive" Boris lost his nerve again.

They just needed to give the tier thing more time. So frustrating that they keep chopping and changing. That is what pisses me off the most.

What is really going on?

Which ones?

During 1st lockdown April through to July was busier than xmas"

But there’s no secret cabal made up of ASOS, Amazon and DPD influencing the government policy though, is there?

What is really going on?

Which ones?

But there’s no secret cabal made up of ASOS, Amazon and DPD influencing the government policy though, is there?"

Dunno, you tell me, how would I know that

birmingham

It's the great reset

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"It's the great reset"

Will they write off my overdraft.?

What is really going on?

Which ones?

But there’s no secret cabal made up of ASOS, Amazon and DPD influencing the government policy though, is there?

Dunno, you tell me, how would I know that"

I’m just trying to establish whether there are people who think this is all part of some great conspiracy.

"It's the great reset

Will they write off my overdraft.?"

Sadly not. We are all going to be Taxed though until the pips squeak as a once famous bushy eyed politician once said.

Don't worry my eyebrows peel off.

By *iddle ManMan  over a year ago

Walsall

I can see the reasons behind it but as mentioned it won't get us anywhere and in fact may cause more trouble for far more people in different ways.

Saying that, I follow the rules as it's the only way we seem to be tackling this problem. It will carry a lot longer if everyone keeps doing their own thing. Everyone pulling in different directions.

Everyone I know that has had dealings with people having lost people to covid have all changed their opinion or had blamed the government in some way, yet weeks before were running around saying lockdowns don't work or its all a conspiracy.

What is really going on?

Which ones?

I’m just trying to establish whether there are people who think this is all part of some great conspiracy."

Ahhh I see, don't know pal, I'm sure some are

By *0shadesOfFilthMan  over a year ago

nearby

The government are giving people money they think is for free

Final cost region £500-750bn come the end to be repaid through taxes and austerity for a generation, roughly £10,000 per person plus interest

birmingham

"It's the great reset

Will they write off my overdraft.?"

Yes but you will have to rent everything

birmingham

What is really going on?

Which ones?

I’m just trying to establish whether there are people who think this is all part of some great conspiracy."

BUILD BACK BETTER

birmingham

"I can see the reasons behind it but as mentioned it won't get us anywhere and in fact may cause more trouble for far more people in different ways.

Saying that, I follow the rules as it's the only way we seem to be tackling this problem. It will carry a lot longer if everyone keeps doing their own thing. Everyone pulling in different directions.

Everyone I know that has had dealings with people having lost people to covid have all changed their opinion or had blamed the government in some way, yet weeks before were running around saying lockdowns don't work or its all a conspiracy."

If they had died of influenza - would they be blaming people for not wearing masks?

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

"how would you say it breaks down on this website? I would estimate 80% in favour 20% against lockdowns. Has there been any change since lockdown 1.0? I know that due to commitment bias most people seldom change their mind on things"

i think you mean 80% for 20% against on this forum.the website itself the majority dont use the forums.and the ones that use the virus forum is an even smaller percentage of the site

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

"

I remember reading that this outbreak was caused by a strain of the virus that originated in Spain, so I dare say we will have a few more outbreaks of the virus as different countries allow travelers to visit and bring it back with them.

By *reyyaMan  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

I can see folks evicted from their homes and luving in tents in parks

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

"

You really don't have a clue do you.....

How is it that with the wealth of information that's available, from reliable and attributable sources, you still don't get it?

E

The South

"Are people still believing in this virus.

It's part of the government trying to have total control over us. The figures are wrong. The so called experts upped the so called infection rate to convince boris to bring the lockdown.

Wake up before it's too late "

"It's part of the government trying to have total control over us."

Really? "The government" Our very own government are trying to do this?

Let's say you're right.

Now explain why every country in the world is going through the same thing.

I'll hazard a guess and say your answer is "It's a worldwide global conspiracy"

Utter nonsense.

E

By *andT2020Couple  over a year ago

Gods Country

i dont think you're going to get a lot of support for opinions on here but i agree with you entirely.

i think this is the greatest act of mass brain washing seen for a long time.

The South

i dont think you're going to get a lot of support for opinions on here but i agree with you entirely.

i think this is the greatest act of mass brain washing seen for a long time."

Current worldwide population circa 7,800,000,000.

That's one Hell of a mass brainwashing......

E

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"

It's part of the government trying to have total control over us."

People really have weird ideas about what people in government want.

Boris Johnson doesn't want to stop you going to the pub, or seeing your friends and family. It's not that he cares that you're suffering, he just doesn't give a crap one way or the other.

What he wants is to be rich and powerful and admired and shag lots of women. Covid-19 doesn't help him achieve those things, it hinders him. If he could make it go away tomorrow he would.

The idea that we're run by super villains whose prime goal is to control every part of our lives is so silly.

Gods Country

E"

without a doubt, its incredible what has been achieved.

There are many logical reasons why it is in each governments interests to change the way we live globally. Changes that we (probably) wouldn't have voluntarily made and therefore there has to be a reason (a really important reason) why they are necessary.

liverpool

i think this is the greatest act of mass brain washing seen for a long time."

For what purpose?

Yes my trust have just purchased rainbow chairs / covers... Now if that's not a waste of money....

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

Sadly this. And no funding left at end of it for the NHS or anything other budgets worthwhile.

Tbh I mostly get upset when I think about the next generation and the one after it. We’ve hit post war debt levels if not more by time we are done. Add to that climate change and food supply issues stated to hit around 2030-2050... Their opportunities will be severely limited as a result "

the wetlands

For what purpose?"

To deflect from brexit partially

Take a look at sky news Australia,very different media coverage

https://youtu.be/kGBEaYEtiys

For what purpose?"

To facilitate the great global re-set by the world economic forum. C'mon Lionel...you've been given the dot puzzle! Put on your tinfoil hat and start joining them!

liverpool

For what purpose?

To facilitate the great global re-set by the world economic forum. C'mon Lionel...you've been given the dot puzzle! Put on your tinfoil hat and start joining them! "

Maybe they will write off my over draft

For what purpose?

To facilitate the great global re-set by the world economic forum. C'mon Lionel...you've been given the dot puzzle! Put on your tinfoil hat and start joining them!

Maybe they will write off my over draft "

Steady on mate....the world bank only has so much money! Go to the moon again or pay off your bar bill....tough choices ahead for the powers that be

liverpool

For what purpose?

Maybe they will write off my over draft

Steady on mate....the world bank only has so much money! Go to the moon again or pay off your bar bill....tough choices ahead for the powers that be "

Gods Country

For what purpose?"

Because they need to make a few changes to the way we live.

liverpool

For what purpose?

Because they need to make a few changes to the way we live."

What changes?

The South

E

without a doubt, its incredible what has been achieved.

There are many logical reasons why it is in each governments interests to change the way we live globally. Changes that we (probably) wouldn't have voluntarily made and therefore there has to be a reason (a really important reason) why they are necessary."

I'd live to know what just one of those many reasons are, do you have an example?

E

Gods Country

For what purpose?

What changes?"

They want cash out of society and by that meant big lumps of cash, not the £50 in your wallet. They have a pretty good idea of how much cash is sloshing about In society that is not part of the “audit trail” and they want it back within controllable streams. The black economy could be equally as large as the real economy and if they only half its size, it’s brings billions back into legitimate circles.

The other major reason is security and I don’t see anyone getting out of this without some form of permanent identification imposed upon us.

And the reason why all of our allies are doing the same is because they have exactly the same problems, this is a once in a generation opportunity to address them.

For what purpose?

What changes?"

C'mon man! It's as plain as the Everton trophy cabinet.

Cashless society, social credit system, digital health passports, more strict controls on movement and freedoms. Think it's in the process of being branded the new normal. Build back better....the biden campaign slogan, an often used slogan by boris Johnson and the world economic forum. The brain wash is being pushed from all quarters. Even placing glass screens between contestants on university challenge!

Refuse to see it, see it but don't care, see it and laugh (as I do), see it and defend/welcome it or put away your critical thought and worry about who's getting voted off strictly....you have to admit it's full on

liverpool

For what purpose?

What changes?

They want cash out of society and by that meant big lumps of cash, not the £50 in your wallet. They have a pretty good idea of how much cash is sloshing about In society that is not part of the “audit trail” and they want it back within controllable streams. The black economy could be equally as large as the real economy and if they only half its size, it’s brings billions back into legitimate circles.

The other major reason is security and I don’t see anyone getting out of this without some form of permanent identification imposed upon us.

And the reason why all of our allies are doing the same is because they have exactly the same problems, this is a once in a generation opportunity to address them."

And who is behind all this?

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"The black economy could be equally as large as the real economy and if they only half its size, it’s brings billions back into legitimate circles.

"

So closing down the 'white' economy at a cost of trillions to get back just billions from the 'black' economy makes sense how?

The South

For what purpose?

What changes?

And the reason why all of our allies are doing the same is because they have exactly the same problems, this is a once in a generation opportunity to address them."

When you say permanent identification being imposed on us, you mean like a NI number, driving license, passport, bank cards, something like that, yes?

This is really scary stuff.

I'm petrified. Thanks for the warning.

E

By *ussex team upCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Sussex

Wake up before it's too late "

Don't be rediculous!

By *ajandrose2Couple  over a year ago

tamworth

Wake up before it's too late

Don't be rediculous! "

Goebels quote;

“There was no point in seeking to convert the intellectuals. For intellectuals would never be converted and would anyway always yield to the stronger, and this will always be “the man in the street.” Arguments must therefore be crude, clear and forcible, and appeal to emotions and instincts, not the intellect. Truth was unimportant and entirely subordinate to tactics and psychology.”

Gods Country

"The black economy could be equally as large as the real economy and if they only half its size, it’s brings billions back into legitimate circles.

So closing down the 'white' economy at a cost of trillions to get back just billions from the 'black' economy makes sense how?

"

Yes in a sense but one is temporary whereas the is permanent...for the long term good and all that....etc etc

Leicestershire

Yes in a sense but one is temporary whereas the is permanent...for the long term good and all that....etc etc"

And how does this in any way give 'them' access to the 'black economy' that 'they' know the size of but can't see?

The South

Yes in a sense but one is temporary whereas the is permanent...for the long term good and all that....etc etc"

So if we lose the white economy and only have the black economy as our standard, won't the black economy become the white economy by default?

I'm not an economist, I don't understand the implications.

Will I still have a mortgage, I don't want to lose my home.

E

Gods Country

For what purpose?

What changes?

And the reason why all of our allies are doing the same is because they have exactly the same problems, this is a once in a generation opportunity to address them.

When you say permanent identification being imposed on us, you mean like a NI number, driving license, passport, bank cards, something like that, yes?

E"

I realise you’re making a sarcastic point but no, not like that.

All of us with nothing to hide, have nothing to fear.....the strap line might be something like that.

I can’t imagine that they’ll have the balls to suggest we are all chipped....but I don’t think the truth will be a million miles different.

The South

For what purpose?

What changes?

E

All of us with nothing to hide, have nothing to fear.....the strap line might be something like that.

I can’t imagine that they’ll have the balls to suggest we are all chipped....but I don’t think the truth will be a million miles different."

Who are "they".....?

Bit scary all this.

E

Gods Country

Yes in a sense but one is temporary whereas the is permanent...for the long term good and all that....etc etc

So if we lose the white economy and only have the black economy as our standard, won't the black economy become the white economy by default?

I'm not an economist, I don't understand the implications.

Will I still have a mortgage, I don't want to lose my home.

E

"

I don’t understand?

By *ab jamesMan  over a year ago

ribble valley

For what purpose?

What changes?

E

I can’t imagine that they’ll have the balls to suggest we are all chipped....but I don’t think the truth will be a million miles different."

I hope we don't get chipped!

I got abducted by aliens. They've already chipped me. And I found the probing quite painful

liverpool

For what purpose?

What changes?

E

Who are they?

Gods Country

And how does this in any way give 'them' access to the 'black economy' that 'they' know the size of but can't see?"

They know how much money has been issued...they printed it. Be in no doubt, the BoE know, to a very small margin of error, how much physical cash is In circulation.

And the government know from PAYE, NI, VAT, Corporation Tax, bank deposits etc.....and from the self employed, who have conveniently completed a recent mini sensus of income, how much they can see going through legitimate channels and therefore how much has gone astray......

Leicestershire

And how does this in any way give 'them' access to the 'black economy' that 'they' know the size of but can't see?

They know how much money has been issued...they printed it. Be in no doubt, the BoE know, to a very small margin of error, how much physical cash is In circulation.

And the government know from PAYE, NI, VAT, Corporation Tax, bank deposits etc.....and from the self employed, who have conveniently completed a recent mini sensus of income, how much they can see going through legitimate channels and therefore how much has gone astray......"

So how does locking down the country get them access to that cash?

For what purpose?

What changes?

E

I can’t imagine that they’ll have the balls to suggest we are all chipped....but I don’t think the truth will be a million miles different.

Who are "they".....?

Bit scary all this.

E"

The lizard people. I think I covered this in another post. I saw a YouTube video once. They are the ones that don't want you to know the earth is flat... because... well... something about the economy and Bill Gates. Vaccines and the moon landings. But it's really only obvious to those of us who are woke. Why else would there be a lockdown?

Leicestershire

"

Who are "they".....?

Bit scary all this.

E

The lizard people. I think I covered this in another post. I saw a YouTube video once. They are the ones that don't want you to know the earth is flat... because... well... something about the economy and Bill Gates. Vaccines and the moon landings. But it's really only obvious to those of us who are woke. Why else would there be a lockdown?"

Thanks for clearing that up...

Gods Country

And the government know from PAYE, NI, VAT, Corporation Tax, bank deposits etc.....and from the self employed, who have conveniently completed a recent mini sensus of income, how much they can see going through legitimate channels and therefore how much has gone astray......

So how does locking down the country get them access to that cash?"

By making you skint....

Leicestershire

By making you skint...."

How does making me 'skint' give them access to this 'black' economy cash?

Gods Country

By making you skint....

How does making me 'skint' give them access to this 'black' economy cash?"

Because you’ll have to spend it.....and then it’s back in the system

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

I honestly think in reading this I now understand the matrix and exactly what was going on at the mad hatter's tea party..

But, I'm not sure I want to..

Leicestershire

By making you skint....

Because you’ll have to spend it.....and then it’s back in the system "

So anyone that hasn't got 'black' economy cash to spend does what?

This has to be one of the most deluded conspiracy theories I've witnessed...

Leicestershire

"I honestly think in reading this I now understand the matrix and exactly what was going on at the mad hatter's tea party..

But, I'm not sure I want to.."

Our politicians may have their faults, but one can't help but accept them when the alternatives are spotlighted...

By making you skint....

Because you’ll have to spend it.....and then it’s back in the system "

So the fact I’ve had 5 days work since February and not received furlough. I’m not really skint because I’ve got my black economy cash to spend.

Phew, I was panicking a bit there.

in Lancashire

"I honestly think in reading this I now understand the matrix and exactly what was going on at the mad hatter's tea party..

Our politicians may have their faults, but one can't help but accept them when the alternatives are spotlighted... "

#hugaboris.com..

liverpool

By making you skint...."

I dont need a global conspiracy to make me skint

By making you skint....

So the fact I’ve had 5 days work since February and not received furlough. I’m not really skint because I’ve got my black economy cash to spend.

Phew, I was panicking a bit there."

With Christmas coming up I could be doing with accessing my black economy cash stash. How do I do this please?

in Lancashire

By making you skint....

Phew, I was panicking a bit there.

With Christmas coming up I could be doing with accessing my black economy cash stash. How do I do this please? "

Down the back of the sofa..

Just don't spend it all at once..

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

But, I'm not sure I want to.."

I think it’s more Twelve Monkeys tbh

No global conspiracy crap

S

The South

And the government know from PAYE, NI, VAT, Corporation Tax, bank deposits etc.....and from the self employed, who have conveniently completed a recent mini sensus of income, how much they can see going through legitimate channels and therefore how much has gone astray......"

Right, I've thought about this.

Now, I'm not suggesting that what you're saying is absurd...

So, let's see if I've got this straight.

There is a secret international cabal, secretly planning to overturn the global economy, for reasons so far unknown, and hoodwink 78 billion people.

But somehow, the only person to know anything about it, is you.

Is that about right?

E

West Wales

There is a secret international cabal, secretly planning to overturn the global economy, for reasons so far unknown, and hoodwink 78 billion people.

Is that about right?

E

"

Mines better

S

The South

Is that about right?

E

Mines better

S"

As plausible at the very least.

E

in Lancashire

I think it’s more Twelve Monkeys tbh

No global conspiracy crap

S"

Another simpler scenario..

Gods Country

Is that about right?

E

"

Haha not a secret....we know them as the G20

And I think the intent is to dramatically improve rather than overturn.

If you were in government wouldn’t you want to close down the black market/, tax evasion and organised crime and corruption?

Look at Spain, Italy, Greece, the Baltic States.....absolutely crippled with corruption. You’d imagine they’d want to tackle that, wouldn’t you?

So are we being hoodwinked or is it right there in front of us?

Central and South American governments lost control years ago and it’s difficult to see how they’ll ever get it back.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"

If you were in government wouldn’t you want to close down the black market/, tax evasion and organised crime and corruption?

Look at Spain, Italy, Greece, the Baltic States.....absolutely crippled with corruption. You’d imagine they’d want to tackle that, wouldn’t you?

Central and South American governments lost control years ago and it’s difficult to see how they’ll ever get it back."

The only problem with your theory is that it's having the opposite effect, the black market are thriving, substance abuse is certainly no dwindling, tax evasion has been usurped by the masses not paying tax & needing bailing out, productivity is down, corruption is up, unemployment is up....

The South

Is that about right?

E

Central and South American governments lost control years ago and it’s difficult to see how they’ll ever get it back."

Wherever/whenever there are products and services to be bought and sold there will always be a black market, tax evasion, organised crime and corruption.

Always has been, always will be.

How do you think a global pandemic and hoodwinking 78 billion people will resolve this?

Notwithstanding, the G20 is made up of 19 countries and there are 195 countries in the world.

Do you not think the other 174 countries might have something to say about this?

E

Gods Country

"

Central and South American governments lost control years ago and it’s difficult to see how they’ll ever get it back.

The only problem with your theory is that it's having the opposite effect, the black market are thriving, substance abuse is certainly no dwindling, tax evasion has been usurped by the masses not paying tax & needing bailing out, productivity is down, corruption is up, unemployment is up...."

Yes absolutely, in the short term that was always going to happen. Short term pain for long term gain and all that jazz....though everyone on furlough is still paying tax....tax revenues haven’t dried up completely and you could argue that even “black” money benefits the economy in certain ways.....as soon as it’s spent its attracting VAT and duty.

The “fiddlers” (think local builder who does extensions, plumber who fits your new bathroom etc etc), those who you might pay in cash for a little discount, they may still have money but as the work dries up....so will the cash.

There’ll be a figure that government want back in the system, whatever it may be, and when they’ve got it, we’ll see restrictions easing.

I’m sure we’ve all pondered for a moment where this will leave our country’s finances once the situation is over....and indeed where this seemingly inexhaustible pot of cash has come from.....money doesn’t evaporate, it merely changes hands.

When we don’t have any left.....who’s got it ?

Gods Country

Is that about right?

E

Wherever/whenever there are products and services to be bought and sold there will always be a black market, tax evasion, organised crime and corruption.

Always has been, always will be.

How do you think a global pandemic and hoodwinking 78 billion people will resolve this?

Notwithstanding, the G20 is made up of 19 countries and there are 195 countries in the world.

Do you not think the other 174 countries might have something to say about this?

E"

Because there’s always been, doesn’t mean there always should be......

Other countries may have something to say about it but have no ability to change or influence it.

Half the world lives in abject poverty, 10% live their entire lives on less than $2 a day, their counties have far bigger problems right now.

Other countries operate martial law, their people don’t have a say and the big oil rich Middle Eastern countries are ruled by single families.....they couldn’t even spell democracy let alone operate one.

in Lancashire

Is that about right?

E

So in order to stop a window cleaner not fully declaring their income or a taxi driver a global pandemic was initiated?

To do what, increase revenue to the Exchequer?

Perhaps if that is your theory an easier way might have been to go after the tax evading multi mats?

Etc..

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

Is that about right?

E

So in order to stop a window cleaner not fully declaring their income or a taxi driver a global pandemic was initiated?

Perhaps if that is your theory an easier way might have been to go after the tax evading multi mats?

Etc.."

like Amazon?

in Lancashire

Is that about right?

E

Etc..like Amazon? "

Gods Country

Is that about right?

E

Etc.."

The big corporations are feeling the pain, be in no doubt about that, and i don't think we'll see any companies who engage in tax swerving practises being "bailed out"......look at Messers Branson and Co, they begged for help but had to find their own rescue package. EasyJet were loaned cash, as were BA but it is secured debt.

i don't think they're "picking on" the man in the street per se, i believe they're trying to clean up the whole enconomy.

Leicestershire

"

The big corporations are feeling the pain, be in no doubt about that, and i don't think we'll see any companies who engage in tax swerving practises being "bailed out"......look at Messers Branson and Co, they begged for help but had to find their own rescue package. EasyJet were loaned cash, as were BA but it is secured debt.

i don't think they're "picking on" the man in the street per se, i believe they're trying to clean up the whole enconomy. "

Still makes no sense.

Tax 'swerving' uses loopholes in tax law.

Are you telling us that damaging the economy is part of a big secret reset plan for corporations when all they need to do is close the loopholes?

in Lancashire

"

i don't think they're "picking on" the man in the street per se, i believe they're trying to clean up the whole enconomy.

Still makes no sense.

Are you telling us that damaging the economy is part of a big secret reset plan for corporations when all they need to do is close the loopholes?

"

This..

Bit like cutting my leg off to sort an ingrown toenail..

The South

"

Still makes no sense.

"

It's worse than that, you'd have to close all the loopholes in all 194 country's AND get them all to agree.

Tax reduction is legal, everyone can do it.

Tax avoidance is not and rightly so.

E

Gods Country

"

Still makes no sense.

"

That depends on whether you believe they are "damaging" the economy or repairing it?

If its the former, that really makes no sense?

The South

"

Still makes no sense.

This..

Bit like cutting my leg off to sort an ingrown toenail.."

Damn those window cleaners to Hell, not declaring that tenner for cleaning Mrs Miggins windows and ruining the economy.

There's always one who spoils it for the rest of us..

E

Leicestershire

"

It's worse than that, you'd have to close all the loopholes in all 194 country's AND get them all to agree.

"

Bugger.

What are we going to do with the rest of the afternoon..?

West Wales

I don't think it's all about stopping the black economy & every countries economy is different around the world.

However, if you just look at the UK & say of the extra 66,000 that have died 50,000 were retired & receiving the standard state pension of £175pw that's 1/2 billion a year saved, every year they would have still been around, add to that the savings on social care, NHS hospitals & free prescriptions etc.

Then you see someone further up the thread saying the new vaccine seems to have less effect on the elderly...

You could go on & on about this though because there is always someone somewhere benefiting from others pain & misery.

Whether it's intentional or a by product is the question.

S

in Lancashire

"

Still makes no sense.

This..

Damn those window cleaners to Hell, not declaring that tenner for cleaning Mrs Miggins windows and ruining the economy.

E"

We insist upon seeing several years tax returns before we engage the services of them..

The South

"

Still makes no sense.

This..

E

We insist upon seeing several years tax returns before we engage the services of them.. "

A wise precaution. I'm glad you're doing your bit for the white economy.

E

in Lancashire

"

Still makes no sense.

This..

E

We insist upon seeing several years tax returns before we engage the services of them..

E"

The South

"

Still makes no sense.

This..

E

E

"

How's that in growing toenail?

E

in Lancashire

"

Still makes no sense.

This..

E

E

E"

It's all ok now..

Which is a relief as the boss was sharpening up the carving knife..

The South

"

Still makes no sense.

This..

E

E

E

It's all ok now..

Which is a relief as the boss was sharpening up the carving knife..

"

E

» Add a new message to this topic