FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Week 4 of covid

Week 4 of covid

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *orwegian Blue OP   Man  over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

I am four weeks in since my symptoms first appeared.

I'm not sure I have long covid as 4 weeks doesn't feel long enough; I'm calling it mid life Covid.

I still have the persistent cough and severe shortness of breath if I do even mild activity.

I'm permanently exhausted, I'm constantly tired and no matter how much sleep I have, the fatigue never leaves.

I have also discovered that my allergy, hayfever in this case, has become quite reactive to the things I'm allergic to.

"Brain fog" is a fairly new symptom, I am unable to concentrate on work and remember some detail from one day to the next.

I get flareups of the symptoms with joint and muscle pain infrequent but very intense, a sore throat which comes and goes and chest pain which varies innintensity from noticeable to bloody painful.

All the symptoms can last a short time or hours on end and come on with no warning.

I still have no sense of smell, this is a godsend when the kitten uses the litter tray. My sense of taste comes and goes; orange squash still tastes putrid and coffee tastes unpleasantly bitter.

In conclusion, I have never suffered with anything previously that has had such a profound and negative lasting effect on me and has changed my life quite as drastically as Covid has.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

Are u a worker and getting furloughed

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Oh dear OP, it sounds miserable for you...

"Are u a worker and getting furloughed"

No, I am a key worker.

I returned to work last week working shorter hours and working from home.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes I found the exhaustion difficult to deal with that lasted for a long time after all the other symptoms went for me. Only really the last month or so have I felt more normal levels of tiredness and I had COVID about 9 months ago. Hope you feel better soon.

"Oh dear OP, it sounds miserable for you..."

It is..

Cannot drink coffee and I have not had a gin and tonic since before I was ill..

Had a very small glass of red wine last night, for medicinal purposes obviously and the first alcoholic drink in weeks. I woke in the night having palpitations, I'm guessing brought about by the alcohol.

So not only has it made me ill, he bugger has taken away the few pleasures i had left during the lockdown.

On the upside, it's saved me a fortune and means I don't have the weekly trip to the bottle bank...

Every cloud has a silver lining!!

"Yes I found the exhaustion difficult to deal with that lasted for a long time after all the other symptoms went for me. Only really the last month or so have I felt more normal levels of tiredness and I had COVID about 9 months ago. Hope you feel better soon. "

Thanks for the heads up..

I'll look forward to the next 8 months..(written tongue in cheek and not sarcastically)

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"Oh dear OP, it sounds miserable for you...

It is..

Cannot drink coffee and I have not had a gin and tonic since before I was ill..

Had a very small glass of red wine last night, for medicinal purposes obviously and the first alcoholic drink in weeks. I woke in the night having palpitations, I'm guessing brought about by the alcohol.

So not only has it made me ill, he bugger has taken away the few pleasures i had left during the lockdown.

On the upside, it's saved me a fortune and means I don't have the weekly trip to the bottle bank...

Every cloud has a silver lining!!"

Oh it does oh feel better soon..

By *willfindyouWoman  over a year ago

Not looking to meet new peeps.

hope yee feel better soon xx. my 17 year old had it shes doing ok not eating the best but otherwise doing ok .x

By *ampshirehotwifeWoman  over a year ago

Hampshire

"I am four weeks in since my symptoms first appeared.

I'm not sure I have long covid as 4 weeks doesn't feel long enough; I'm calling it mid life Covid.

I still have the persistent cough and severe shortness of breath if I do even mild activity.

I'm permanently exhausted, I'm constantly tired and no matter how much sleep I have, the fatigue never leaves.

I have also discovered that my allergy, hayfever in this case, has become quite reactive to the things I'm allergic to.

"Brain fog" is a fairly new symptom, I am unable to concentrate on work and remember some detail from one day to the next.

I get flareups of the symptoms with joint and muscle pain infrequent but very intense, a sore throat which comes and goes and chest pain which varies innintensity from noticeable to bloody painful.

All the symptoms can last a short time or hours on end and come on with no warning.

I still have no sense of smell, this is a godsend when the kitten uses the litter tray. My sense of taste comes and goes; orange squash still tastes putrid and coffee tastes unpleasantly bitter.

In conclusion, I have never suffered with anything previously that has had such a profound and negative lasting effect on me and has changed my life quite as drastically as Covid has. "

I am 3 weeks in. Like yourself I have good days and bad. Today is a bad day. My chest is killing me. I am out of breath just talking.

I went back to work on Monday of this week. I am a nurse and I am finding the recovery exhausting. I have always been a fit and healthy person doing regular exercise. I have no underlying medical conditions. At this moment in time any form of exertion just knocks me back by days! I cannot even begin to think about doing any exercise. I want to get back to running. I just want to feel "normal" again.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The fatigue aspect is infuriating, as it almost seems to defy what you could expect. Having a night's sleep that, for all intents and purposes, may never have happened. Just taking things in a measured way is my coping mechanism. I plan for and do less and pace myself slowly. And resist going mad if I feel bursts of energy, as it invariably knocks me back

In conclusion, I have never suffered with anything previously that has had such a profound and negative lasting effect on me and has changed my life quite as drastically as Covid has.

I am 3 weeks in. Like yourself I have good days and bad. Today is a bad day. My chest is killing me. I am out of breath just talking.

I went back to work on Monday of this week. I am a nurse and I am finding the recovery exhausting. I have always been a fit and healthy person doing regular exercise. I have no underlying medical conditions. At this moment in time any form of exertion just knocks me back by days! I cannot even begin to think about doing any exercise. I want to get back to running. I just want to feel "normal" again. "

My blood group is A POS, just out of curiosity, do you know if yours is the same?

By *ampshirehotwifeWoman  over a year ago

Hampshire

I went back to work on Monday of this week. I am a nurse and I am finding the recovery exhausting. I have always been a fit and healthy person doing regular exercise. I have no underlying medical conditions. At this moment in time any form of exertion just knocks me back by days! I cannot even begin to think about doing any exercise. I want to get back to running. I just want to feel "normal" again.

My blood group is A POS, just out of curiosity, do you know if yours is the same?"

No I'm O pos

My blood group is A POS, just out of curiosity, do you know if yours is the same?

No I'm O pos "

Ok, so that screws up that idea..

» Add a new message to this topic