FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > covid question

covid question

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ontbesillywrapyourwilly OP   Man  over a year ago

Tipperary

if a person goes for a covid test, isolates and so do close contacts. if the result comes back as negative, can everyone proceed as normal?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"if a person goes for a covid test, isolates and so do close contacts. if the result comes back as negative, can everyone proceed as normal? "

Nope you still self isolate and get tested 5 days later and can be positive than

Tipperary

"if a person goes for a covid test, isolates and so do close contacts. if the result comes back as negative, can everyone proceed as normal?

Nope you still self isolate and get tested 5 days later and can be positive than"

what happens if your second test is negative?

"if a person goes for a covid test, isolates and so do close contacts. if the result comes back as negative, can everyone proceed as normal?

Nope you still self isolate and get tested 5 days later and can be positive thanwhat happens if your second test is negative?"

You and close contacts must isolate for 14days.

Tipperary

Nope you still self isolate and get tested 5 days later and can be positive than"

that doesnt make sense. for eg, I could have 10 close contacts with work. I could go for test isolate and so do they but even though I'd test negative the 10 of them still have to isolate for 14 days so basically whether a person tests positive or negative they still have to isolate for 10 to 14 days?

Tipperary

Nope you still self isolate and get tested 5 days later and can be positive thanwhat happens if your second test is negative?

You and close contacts must isolate for 14days. "

that's If the result is positive ain't it?

By *man79Man  over a year ago

newry dundalk. warrenpoint

Ask the government, they seem to know

Tipperary

If you were tested because you have symptoms of COVID-19, continue to self-isolate until you have not had any symptoms for 48 hours. ... You can return to your normal activities once you are 48 hours without symptoms. This includes going to work or school.

that answers my question

Sending you pic that explains what you need to do

Was in this situation.

A person was deemed a close contact of a positive case. They had to be tested. I live with this particular person. This person had to isolate until their test result. Their own close contacts do not have to isolate or restrict movements unless the test comes back as positive.

Luckily this person was deemed as not having the virus. They had to still restrict ( not isolate ) their movements for 14 days from initial contact from the hse. Also they were never notified of the need for a second test.

"If you were tested because you have symptoms of COVID-19, continue to self-isolate until you have not had any symptoms for 48 hours. ... You can return to your normal activities once you are 48 hours without symptoms. This includes going to work or school.

that answers my question "

Well, in that case, I'd check just with the school/work to see what their policy is. In my workplace, if you are close contact and come up negative, they ask you to WFH for 14 days or something, regardless of what government policy is.

[Removed by poster at 11/11/20 22:28:07]

"If you were tested because you have symptoms of COVID-19, continue to self-isolate until you have not had any symptoms for 48 hours. ... You can return to your normal activities once you are 48 hours without symptoms. This includes going to work or school.

that answers my question

Well, in that case, I'd check just with the school/work to see what their policy is. In my workplace, if you are close contact and come up negative, they ask you to WFH for 14 days or something, regardless of what government policy is. "

My workplace is the same as are the local schools. Even if negative, the restriction on movements for 14days still applies

Tipperary

it doesnt make a stim of sense that if a person is tested with symptoms, they must isolate for 14 days even if result is negative. thats the same as saying the person in question plus their close contacts have to isolate for 14 days regardless of test result whether its positive or negative.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Did you not take something for the withdrawal symptoms?

That damn autocorrect that keeps typing the same thing day in and day out.

Tipperary

"Did you not take something for the withdrawal symptoms?

That damn autocorrect that keeps typing the same thing day in and day out.

"

I'm asking a question that's puzzling alot of people and in different areas you'll get different answers. going for a covid test with symptoms and getting a negative result is very different from been tested as a close contact and having no symptoms.

Tipperary

just spoke to a friend of a friend. his friend had soar throat, got tested, while awaiting results was taking tablets he had at home. soar throat was gone by the time he got results which were negative and he proceeded as normal.

"it doesnt make a stim of sense that if a person is tested with symptoms, they must isolate for 14 days even if result is negative. thats the same as saying the person in question plus their close contacts have to isolate for 14 days regardless of test result whether its positive or negative."

I agree. This is what is happening. Schools and workplace. That's speaking from my location. This is not hearsay by the way. I'm sure its different in other parts of the country. It shouldn't be. People are confused. My workplace contact traced people not one close contact heard from hse , not one had a positive test , yet all had to restrict movements for the 14 day period

Tipperary

"it doesnt make a stim of sense that if a person is tested with symptoms, they must isolate for 14 days even if result is negative. thats the same as saying the person in question plus their close contacts have to isolate for 14 days regardless of test result whether its positive or negative.

I agree. This is what is happening. Schools and workplace. That's speaking from my location. This is not hearsay by the way. I'm sure its different in other parts of the country. It shouldn't be. People are confused. My workplace contact traced people not one close contact heard from hse , not one had a positive test , yet all had to restrict movements for the 14 day period"

pure madness.

"it doesnt make a stim of sense that if a person is tested with symptoms, they must isolate for 14 days even if result is negative. thats the same as saying the person in question plus their close contacts have to isolate for 14 days regardless of test result whether its positive or negative.

I agree. This is what is happening. Schools and workplace. That's speaking from my location. This is not hearsay by the way. I'm sure its different in other parts of the country. It shouldn't be. People are confused. My workplace contact traced people not one close contact heard from hse , not one had a positive test , yet all had to restrict movements for the 14 day periodpure madness. "

Absofuckinglutely

"if a person goes for a covid test, isolates and so do close contacts. if the result comes back as negative, can everyone proceed as normal? "

Just abide by the gaa rules and regulations on covid, take the weekend off if feeling unwell, fill out your return to play form and send a thumbs up, all will be grand

By *ohng69Man  over a year ago

athenry

Just abide by the gaa rules and regulations on covid, take the weekend off if feeling unwell, fill out your return to play form and send a thumbs up, all will be grand "

don't forget if you have a question ask on a swingers site rather than the official hse website

Tipperary

Just abide by the gaa rules and regulations on covid, take the weekend off if feeling unwell, fill out your return to play form and send a thumbs up, all will be grand don't forget if you have a question ask on a swingers site rather than the official hse website "

no response there Johnny boy and with the array of answers you get nobody knows what to do

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Yes

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

From NHS

Negative test result

A negative result means the test did not find coronavirus.

You do not need to self-isolate if your test is negative, as long as:

- everyone you live with who has symptoms tests negative

- everyone in your support bubble who has symptoms tests negative

- you were not told to self-isolate for 14 days by NHS Test and Trace – see what to do if you've been told to self-isolate

- you have not travelled to the UK from a place with a high coronavirus risk – see how to self-isolate when you travel to the UK on GOV.UK

- you feel well – if you feel unwell, stay at home until you’re feeling better

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Nope you still self isolate and get tested 5 days later and can be positive thanthat doesnt make sense. for eg, I could have 10 close contacts with work. I could go for test isolate and so do they but even though I'd test negative the 10 of them still have to isolate for 14 days so basically whether a person tests positive or negative they still have to isolate for 10 to 14 days?"

If a garage/shop local to me is anything to go by, close contacts at work are not considered close contacts, they do not have to isolate when several other team members test positive

By *athan 123Man  over a year ago

rochdale oldham border

So frightening watching GMTV this morning and the coverage of Covid 19 to listen to the experts who are saying that our government has got it so wrong and that the experts are wondering what the endgame is people need to wake up and take responsibility to stop the spread

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

Loads and loads of info about it all

Also here are numbers to ring for advice if not sure

Wouldn’t broadcast it all on here anymore now

Think we have all had a belly load of it now

"So frightening watching GMTV this morning and the coverage of Covid 19 to listen to the experts who are saying that our government has got it so wrong and that the experts are wondering what the endgame is people need to wake up and take responsibility to stop the spread"

How have the government got it wrong?

Nope you still self isolate and get tested 5 days later and can be positive

than what happens if your second test is negative?"

I'd go back to work/ school.

By *JCouple  over a year ago

Teesside

Wrong I've just completed 14 days isolation because a member of my team tested positive for covid.

It meant I completely missed the birth of my first child and I won't get to meet him until later today when they come out of hospital.

Track and trace state if your in close contact with a confirm positive person you MUST isolate for the FULL 14 days.

You can only get a test if symptoms develop.

This is because exposure to transmission can take up to 7 to 10 days to show as a positive in a test and then a further 2 to 3 days for symptoms to develop hence 14 days.

Track and trace said the biggest battle they currently face is employers not following this.

I spoke to an track and trace agent who said whilst people not following the rules is a big problem the following is even worse.

Many employers are sending covid exposed people for a test within a few days which obviously comes back as a negative. They then use this to force the individual back to work. So they miss only a few days at most and not the 14.

They have said this is what is behind some of the big covid rates in some of the workplaces like factories, offices etc.

KJ

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

I agree. This is what is happening. Schools and workplace. That's speaking from my location. This is not hearsay by the way. I'm sure its different in other parts of the country. It shouldn't be. People are confused. My workplace contact traced people not one close contact heard from hse , not one had a positive test , yet all had to restrict movements for the 14 day periodpure madness.

Absofuckinglutely "

Only its not though is it? Just because it doesnt suit you to isolate doesn't mean its madness. We all have a choice to make, either amend our behaviour and stop spreading the virus, or keep tyring to find loopholes and keep high infection rates, increasing strain on NHS, increasing deaths and increasing lockdowns.

"From NHS

Negative test result

A negative result means the test did not find coronavirus.

You do not need to self-isolate if your test is negative, as long as:

- everyone you live with who has symptoms tests negative

- everyone in your support bubble who has symptoms tests negative

- you were not told to self-isolate for 14 days by NHS Test and Trace – see what to do if you've been told to self-isolate

- you have not travelled to the UK from a place with a high coronavirus risk – see how to self-isolate when you travel to the UK on GOV.UK

- you feel well – if you feel unwell, stay at home until you’re feeling better"

All you can do is follow the NHS guidelines.

Isolate until your results come in and take it from there.

Their stance is a negative result means you can return to work, while maintaining social distancing.

» Add a new message to this topic